Static Group Dungeon and Scouts - the issue no one talks about

    • Static Group Dungeon and Scouts - the issue no one talks about

      Hello fellow Albion Friends!

      This Topic has been discussed before but I want to bring it back up again as it's just come to a point where every Static Dungeon has 1+ naked Scouts in it which usually don't behave like a player actually playing that character at all times but being an alt from the fame group.

      Not only that, placing a Hideout in Dungeon Bubble Range + Scouts makes Fame Farming static dungeons way too safe and with too safe I mean almost no risk involved. Some even have an extra scout in the dungeon again...

      So now you are in the best fame spots, doing T7/T8 Dungeon without any risk, guess what, there is a different option for the people that don't want to risk losing Gear, its called Hard Core Expedition. "Yeah but does don't give good fame in the lower levels and my *****er friends and I can't afford the gear nor have the skill to finish a map in time". Guess what? Go to T5 Black Zone Dungeons and work your way up or do the lower tier HCE until you know the map and get gear. It should not be possible/allowed to have the best fame and safety in an OPEN WORLD PVP ORIENTED GAME.

      Now as all very well thought out posts, here are possible solutions to make BLACK ZONE Dungeon again what they were.

      Possible Solutions:

      1. Reduce bubble range when porting out to about half of what it is now so there is at least some risk involved of being caught into a fight when running back to the hideout.

      2.1 A bit extreme but still an option, make Scouting Dungeons naked a bannable offence (for the whole group) no matter if its a player scouting or an alt.

      2.2 Increase the Fame so its worth doing the dungeon with a larger group so you can fight back if you get dove and don't have to shit the bed running into the mobs :)

      Oh, forgot to close the salt dispenser on that last one.

      We all know SBI won't do anything about it in the near future but u gotta keep going at it, you never know.
    • Ruminus wrote:

      Hello fellow Albion Friends!

      This Topic has been discussed before but I want to bring it back up again as it's just come to a point where every Static Dungeon has 1+ naked Scouts in it which usually don't behave like a player actually playing that character at all times but being an alt from the fame group.

      Not only that, placing a Hideout in Dungeon Bubble Range + Scouts makes Fame Farming static dungeons way too safe and with too safe I mean almost no risk involved. Some even have an extra scout in the dungeon again...

      So now you are in the best fame spots, doing T7/T8 Dungeon without any risk, guess what, there is a different option for the people that don't want to risk losing Gear, its called Hard Core Expedition. "Yeah but does don't give good fame in the lower levels and my *****er friends and I can't afford the gear nor have the skill to finish a map in time". Guess what? Go to T5 Black Zone Dungeons and work your way up or do the lower tier HCE until you know the map and get gear. It should not be possible/allowed to have the best fame and safety in an OPEN WORLD PVP ORIENTED GAME.

      Now as all very well thought out posts, here are possible solutions to make BLACK ZONE Dungeon again what they were.

      Possible Solutions:

      1. Reduce bubble range when porting out to about half of what it is now so there is at least some risk involved of being caught into a fight when running back to the hideout.

      2.1 A bit extreme but still an option, make Scouting Dungeons naked a bannable offence (for the whole group) no matter if its a player scouting or an alt.

      2.2 Increase the Fame so its worth doing the dungeon with a larger group so you can fight back if you get dove and don't have to shit the bed running into the mobs :)

      Oh, forgot to close the salt dispenser on that last one.

      We all know SBI won't do anything about it in the near future but u gotta keep going at it, you never know.
      Ban the whole group rofl, Thats a bit much maybe just start with banning the naked alt/player as most people scout while watching TV or doing other stuff while making a few 100k. Banning the whole group would be a bit much as people could make fake scout alts and place them in dungs where groups didn't even know there was an "Alt" or "naked" therefor making the whole group pay by getting banned because some troll thought it would be funny or a great idea.. I understand your frustation though.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

    • Neef wrote:

      Ruminus wrote:

      Hello fellow Albion Friends!

      This Topic has been discussed before but I want to bring it back up again as it's just come to a point where every Static Dungeon has 1+ naked Scouts in it which usually don't behave like a player actually playing that character at all times but being an alt from the fame group.

      Not only that, placing a Hideout in Dungeon Bubble Range + Scouts makes Fame Farming static dungeons way too safe and with too safe I mean almost no risk involved. Some even have an extra scout in the dungeon again...

      So now you are in the best fame spots, doing T7/T8 Dungeon without any risk, guess what, there is a different option for the people that don't want to risk losing Gear, its called Hard Core Expedition. "Yeah but does don't give good fame in the lower levels and my *****er friends and I can't afford the gear nor have the skill to finish a map in time". Guess what? Go to T5 Black Zone Dungeons and work your way up or do the lower tier HCE until you know the map and get gear. It should not be possible/allowed to have the best fame and safety in an OPEN WORLD PVP ORIENTED GAME.

      Now as all very well thought out posts, here are possible solutions to make BLACK ZONE Dungeon again what they were.

      Possible Solutions:

      1. Reduce bubble range when porting out to about half of what it is now so there is at least some risk involved of being caught into a fight when running back to the hideout.

      2.1 A bit extreme but still an option, make Scouting Dungeons naked a bannable offence (for the whole group) no matter if its a player scouting or an alt.

      2.2 Increase the Fame so its worth doing the dungeon with a larger group so you can fight back if you get dove and don't have to shit the bed running into the mobs :)

      Oh, forgot to close the salt dispenser on that last one.

      We all know SBI won't do anything about it in the near future but u gotta keep going at it, you never know.
      Ban the whole group rofl, Thats a bit much maybe just start with banning the naked alt/player as most people scout while watching TV or doing other stuff while making a few 100k. Banning the whole group would be a bit much as people could make fake scout alts and place them in dungs where groups didn't even know there was an "Alt" or "naked" therefor making the whole group pay by getting banned because some troll thought it would be funny or a great idea.. I understand your frustation though.
      As I said, a bit extreme. Realisticly seen, SBI will never do this. If you only the scout gets banned, which is usually a new account you lose nothing and go without actual punishment. I was also not talking about perma bans, maybe 1 day on first offence and after that perma.

      I'm starting to collect evidence now of all the "Scouts" that could be potential alts just sitting there. The biggest offenders I have seen so far doing this are ARCH and the Russians up North around Thetford. But I'm sure there are plenty more around.
    • 100% agree, scouting all together is lame and it ruins the bz experience for everyone.

      My suggestion would be bubble drops when mounting up after dungeon exit, that way it removes the safety.

      I totally agree Arch is the worst offender with sometimes 5+ scouts in a single static and hideouts so close they are almost impossible to catch, no risk vs reward at all just all reward.
    • 2.1 A bit extreme but still an option, make Scouting Dungeons naked a bannable offence (for the whole group) no matter if its a player scouting or an alt.
      Really? The dive group who got problem with bubble (so 10+ players) who dive 4 ppl at FF, says that the scouts/bubble is "not fair and should be bannable?".

      May be just ban all players who try to hit you when you attack em? Or just ban everyone who not give you all the gear when you /w he and ask?
    • Scouting is the elegant solution for the diving protection, its a sandbox, some call it pussy, some call it smart.
      Nobody wants enemy clapping them when they are half health in the process of killing a boss. Blame the mechanic where you cant use skill for a few second after changing skill, people need 4-5 second heads up to be ready to fight back the diver.
      IGN : RickCartman
    • I think that we will not be able to convince the players who came to attack 4 players during the fame farm with a group of 10+. That any defense against them is right.
      Players attacking in ten on a group of 4 with pve gear and CD on skills, can not even imagine what is fair play.
      They come not to fight, but to get free gear without risk. How they can blame anyone for the having scout? Oh yea, they bring 10+ ppl to be in pure safe but blame the blob mechanics. Don't wanna blob? Be in group of 8! Or fight 8 vs 4 is to risky for you? Same risky as no scout on FF? Pfff

      The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

    • You don't address the issue but the consequence. Scouts are here because they can allow you to survive.
      Banning the whole group is definetly not possible:
      • the "troll" said by Neef
      • if naked scouting is not allowed then I can put T4 flat gear
      • ...
      You can't prevent scouting by banning or forbidding it.
      I will soon suggest something along the following lines:
      - use the avalonian door system for the blue dungeons & remove A out
      - add a stone at the end of the dungeon to leave it.

      Basically you get a default scout, but if you want to run, you have to go to the end of the dungeon (not so long but annoying).


      QueenMoja wrote:

      Why do people need scouts in fame farming? its because of the unfair numbers of divers that can enter a certain dungeon.
      Not only... People are FFing dungeons as if they were in safe zones, using PvE builds and gucci gear because they want to be efficient and take 0 risk. if you dive one of this dungeons with 7 players you will see all the groups run.
    • Scouting will always be the counter to the Devs incentivizing large group ganking. If you had bubble mechanic in GRDs for anything 6 or more and SRDs for anything 2 or more you would see the amount of scouting drop and amount of PvP increase. These dungeons were specifically designed to be ran by certain size parties so stop letting divers have the advantage of surprise AND numbers. This is from the perspective of a dungeon diver as well which is my main content.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

      You don't address the issue but the consequence. Scouts are here because they can allow you to survive.
      Banning the whole group is definetly not possible:
      • the "troll" said by Neef
      • if naked scouting is not allowed then I can put T4 flat gear
      • ...
      You can't prevent scouting by banning or forbidding it.
      I will soon suggest something along the following lines:
      - use the avalonian door system for the blue dungeons & remove A out
      - add a stone at the end of the dungeon to leave it.

      Basically you get a default scout, but if you want to run, you have to go to the end of the dungeon (not so long but annoying).


      QueenMoja wrote:

      Why do people need scouts in fame farming? its because of the unfair numbers of divers that can enter a certain dungeon.
      Not only... People are FFing dungeons as if they were in safe zones, using PvE builds and gucci gear because they want to be efficient and take 0 risk. if you dive one of this dungeons with 7 players you will see all the groups run.
      No, I never said naked scouts were trolls, I said if having a scout could get the whole group banned we could have trolls place random alts in group dungs without scouts just to get people banned, I also never said anything bad about having or not having a scout, I simply said your not allowed to have an alt and your main in the blackzone period, Naked or in t4 gear. Second chars on can only be in the city or islands or prob hideouts, I don't have a problem with scouts, I was just giving information.