Fiend Robe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It seems odd to me cloth armor would have such a strong and unresistable CC effect. In my experience Fiend Robe is very strong in a 2v2 setting while being unrepresented in other aspects of game play. This is one of the most expensive soul artifacts with the demand being driven by its use in 2v2.

Fear Status on Robe(as I understand it)
      While you are in a fear state you lose complete control and are unable to use any moves during the fear status. If you have a movement buff active you move at the standard movement speed is applied while feared. There is a short window to mash out of the fear robe, but the timing is ambiguous and could result in multiple fear procs back-to-back if missed.

Fear use in 2v2
      These robes are most often employed in tandem by healer/DPS comps. These robes give a very strong match-up against melee DPS and any other healer/DPS comp not running this robe. Teams will stagger fear use to control opponent for an extended period of time. Getting feared into a wall is extremely punishing and difficult to recover from. Teams use this robe to alleviate pressure on themselves while dealing damage.

Counters
      Purges- Most purge effects are on longer cooldowns that the robe so if the fight goes long or robe you is staggered you will fall behind the robe procs.
      Knight helm-I see a lot of people suggest this as a counter, but there are a few things that make it a poor counter. 1) you can not activate a knight helm while feared and must attempt to mash out the activation between robe procs. 2)you are running something that does not give you an advantage to deal with beating the other comp. 3) robe use is staggered.
      Ranged damage- keep out of range. In my opinion this the only valid counter. Keep out of range so they don't have chance to pop the ability in their advantage.
      Dashes- can be interrupted mid dash, the interaction of the robe and dashes is unpredictable, sometime you pass though. Other times you are feared out.

Suggestions
      -Make the ability Channeled like demon armor: Currently there is no drawback for popping this ability while you gain the ability to shutdown anything in melee range. Its ability to turn fights feels to strong currently, I think requiring a channel would balance the advantage it provides
      -Improve knight helm: Add additional Buff effects to knight helm that are added when a movement impairing effect is resisted. Possible more resistance, move speed.. something to not make running feel like you are giving up some much in the helm slot.
      -Allow use of abilities while feared.
      -Fear move speed takes into account active move speed buffs.

In Summary: Fear Robe is very strong and I would like to see the spell as a channeled ability(like demon armor) to balance the effect.
    • Windup??

You do it wrong

Fear activate, knight boots jump target - profit

Been discussed for 2 years...

Common argument, can be countered as you have action time in between..

Even as easy counterable and of basically no use and just against noobs, most important gear in 2 hg...

That's the understand of community

If u ask me, OP as hell..but I am just one
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Windup??

You do it wrong

Fear activate, knight boots jump target - profit

Been discussed for 2 years...

Common argument, can be countered as you have action time in between..

Even as easy counterable and of basically no use and just against noobs, most important gear in 2 hg...

That's the understand of community

If u ask me, OP as hell..but I am just one
      I think you misunderstood me.I meant the robe should have a delay on activation to allow some sort of counter play, not that it has too much windup.
    • lordof420 wrote:

there are boots or helms that make it so you don't get displaced by the fear.
      l2read??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
      listen, for almost everything in this game exists a counter.

Unfortunately the usability of a knighthelm to counter the fear robe is low.

Imagine 40% fear robe, then u wear in 60% of the cases a complete useless helmet ...

Take e.g. a bow, can be countered easy a fin cowl, but do u for the 20% to meet a bow dress a fin cowl - alas nope

You do what most do, you have your 5 helmets and 3 robes and 3 weapons and run away till you wear the counter..and your opponent does the same
    • The main issue with Fiend Robe is that its not really used to fear people away, but actually used to trap people: pin them into the wall, into mobs, etc. Then have someone follow a second friend robe right as it ends so they completely lose control for 8+ seconds.

To be honest I rarely find myself caught in a situation where I get pinned in by it, its definitely not anywhere near as annoying as wind wall.

Hollywoodi wrote:

lordof420 wrote:

there are boots or helms that make it so you don't get displaced by the fear.
      l2read??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
      You do what most do, you have your 5 helmets and 3 robes and 3 weapons and run away till you wear the counter..and your opponent does the same

That's a bigger problem, the timer for getting out of combat when in PVP is way too short ... not only is it broken for how quick you can regen, but also for how quick you can swap out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().