Why I don't want to play anymore

• Why I don't want to play anymore

This is only my opinion, based on my personal tastes and do not attack me if I think so.

Going to the point, what is missing from the game are pvp contents for solo players. What i mean is: I enter in game, I want do pvp, I do it fast, without depending by other players or guild.

You could say, you can do Arena or solo ganking... Ok, arena system is the worst never seen in a game, no reward, no ranking and long tails of waiting. Solo ganking? sometimes I spent more than 1 hour to find someone alone and if you are lucky you can find a poor gather, this is not pvp... Most of the time you find zerg or little group.

I think that if albion had the ranked arena system (and also of WvW) of GW2 it could be the perfect game.

You will say that with a similar instanced system nobody will go in openworld, I think not. Mainly because would attract more and more persons in the game, second because however, there could not be less people than now, third because territories must be kept always in open world, as the gathering.

You could say me: you should play moba. Not, I don't like moba, I like Albion combat, open world and gathering, but I like also the freedom to not depend by others and the practicality to don't waste time looking the screen waiting someone to kill.

Now, I don't know if SBI is thinking about it, but the only solutions to make the leap forward to this game are:

- A ranked arena systems with real rewards, ranking and official tournaments.

- HG for solo players

-a system that create automatically the groups (with a common respaw point) for the other HGs.

I am very disappointed to play albion anymore, but honestly it was more the time I waited to do something than the pvp played.

Thanks to all
    • Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

Mass Multiplayer Online game. Multi =/= single

Not sure how else to put this. You come to a multiplayer game expecting single player content and then get dissapointed that it's not there. Ye...that's rought. If only there was some sort of a hint somewhere that this is not a single player game.
      Other MMOs have managed to solve this problem. So pretending that MMO means solo players aren't welcome and shouldn't bother playing, isn't really you wanting the game to be the best version of itself.

2 Players, 1v1, is still a multiplayer game. The hoards of bozos who show up in every single thread from people who are upset at the rampant N+1 designed content in this game just sound like they are the sort of player who never leave town without 9 other guys in their group. You are all just AdamSmith clones.

Having an opinion doesn't invalidate everyone else's opinion, and you aren't the developer. In fact, if your comment on a post is just, "I don't agree with you.", you probably don't have any reason to comment at all. You aren't adding to the discussion. If just having an opinion was a good enough reason to post, then there would be an infinite number of posts per day.

You probably don't live in the same game as this OP does. If you are rolling out of into the open world with 9 other guys in your group, every one of you with soft hands and flat teeth, what can you really have to say about players who are on hard mode rolling out there in 1s and 2s?

Right, lad?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • I mean your asking for ranked arena which I like the idea BUT, You know you can do crystals which are full loot and a decent reward. Also you don't need to be in the same guild as the other 5 people, Yes there is no qu system but finding 4 other random players shouldn't be that hard, Also they just added more timeslots. I do look forward to the day we get a 1v1 HG. Also a full loot ranked arena would be cool because it would have a QU system.
    • Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

Not sure how else to put this. You come to a multiplayer game expecting single player content and then get dissapointed that it's not there. Ye...that's rought. If only there was some sort of a hint somewhere that this is not a single player game.
      I play MMO's since 2001 and in every MMO i have played there are players who prefer to solo in both PvE and PvP. Even in my first MMO what was Dark age of Camelot there were lots of players who did solo PvP instead of sieges , 8vs8 and zergs, and in that old game there was room for it because there were spots were soloers could meet eachother like the bridges near keeps. Besides that a 1vs1 is still multiplayer ;)
    • Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

You are the one who doesn't understand how MMOs work. Of course solo playing is a part of mmo. Is not playing mario bros in solo. Get it?
    • Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

this is a stupid answer that determines the person who wrote it.
      I spoke only about pvp, and it s a multiplayer content. Stop to open the mounth only to let it takes air.

Neef wrote:

I mean your asking for ranked arena which I like the idea BUT, You know you can do crystals which are full loot and a decent reward. Also you don't need to be in the same guild as the other 5 people, Yes there is no qu system but finding 4 other random players shouldn't be that hard, Also they just added more timeslots. I do look forward to the day we get a 1v1 HG. Also a full loot ranked arena would be cool because it would have a QU system.
      Crystals needs 5 people, it means find them, have a training with them (because you will fight against organized teams)but, most of all, having to depend on the real life commitments of the other teammates. This is not a fast pvp and you can do it anytime. Instead, in a ranked arena system where you meet random people, everyone is disadvantaged at the same level and you can join when and how you want, also if 1 day you can play only 30 min.

hypnoticshadow wrote:

Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

You are the one who doesn't understand how MMOs work. Of course solo playing is a part of mmo. Is not playing mario bros in solo. Get it?
      solo players, in the biggest mmo like WOW or GW2 or ESO, are the major user part.
      It is what SBI doens't understand, if you want people, you must create them. ;)
      If you dont want people, the game is destined to die. This is what it will happen if some if certain mechanics are not introduced.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chiattone ().

• Chiattone wrote:

Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

this is a stupid answer that determines the person who wrote it.I spoke only about pvp, and it s a multiplayer content. Stop to open the mounth only to let it takes air.

Neef wrote:

I mean your asking for ranked arena which I like the idea BUT, You know you can do crystals which are full loot and a decent reward. Also you don't need to be in the same guild as the other 5 people, Yes there is no qu system but finding 4 other random players shouldn't be that hard, Also they just added more timeslots. I do look forward to the day we get a 1v1 HG. Also a full loot ranked arena would be cool because it would have a QU system.
      Crystals needs 5 people, it means find them, have a training with them (because you will fight against organized teams)but, most of all, having to depend on the real life commitments of the other teammates. This is not a fast pvp and you can do it anytime. Instead, in a ranked arena system where you meet random people, everyone is disadvantaged at the same level and you can join when and how you want, also if 1 day you can play only 30 min.

hypnoticshadow wrote:

Worros wrote:

MMO lad. MMO

solo players, in the biggest mmo like WOW or GW2 or ESO, are the major user part.It is what SBI doens't understand, if you want people, you must create them. ;)
      If you dont want people, the game is destined to die. This is what it will happen if some if certain mechanics are not introduced.
      I could not state it better - where have you all been hiding last 2 years??
    • I played Albion since first Apha tests (this is one my last created accounts some monthes ago and actually i prefer to use it, on the forum, instead of my other mains ), when we were litterally 3 cats and I can say that the game has made great strides, it is amazing to see how many progresses has been made, but it's not enough. This game in terms of combat mechanics has very great potential, but they are wasted because they are put too much in the hands of the players who do not exploit them adequately well.
      The most problem is the core comunity of the game, people that want a sandbox that only few players can appreciate nowadays and they tend to isolate and demonize people who want a larger and more casual community.
      It's strange that SBI prefers to listen to them more than to improve the mechanics and to encourage many people to play...
    • I will keep suggesting it, until it happens
      1. Unlimited arena rewards. So players can play arenas with rewards as many as they want.
      2. Double reward for healers. So more players will queue as healers.
      3. Give PvE fame for scoring tickets to both teams, instead of tomes for winner at the and. So players would not give up, and will try to resist as much as they can.
      4. Make yellow 5 man HGs unlimited and easy accessible by reworking them into expedition portals option.
      WTB skill
    • gmatagmis wrote:

I will keep suggesting it, until it happens
      1. Unlimited arena rewards. So players can play arenas with rewards as many as they want.
      2. Double reward for healers. So more players will queue as healers.
      3. Give PvE fame for scoring tickets to both teams, instead of tomes for winner at the and. So players would not give up, and will try to resist as much as they can.
      4. Make yellow 5 man HGs unlimited and easy accessible by reworking them into expedition portals option.
      :)

these are great solutions from a player who takes care about game.

I will add also a ranking system that inself is very rewarded.

How to highlight them to the eyes of SBI? @Elsa @Korn

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chiattone ().

• @gmatagmis It is very tricky Arena suggestions , even if it is good in some sort. It might repeat HCe situation which was not along time go, and it was devastatengly bad for the game. Yeap..we got now more "content" , but it still very risky.

P.S
      1. So higher rewards yes(for healers), maybe unique Vanity options.
      2. Ranked yes.
      3. Maybe even weekly rewards.(Top 10-100)
      But no unlimited access.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Equart wrote:

@gmatagmis It is very tricky Arena suggestions , even if it is good in some sort. It might repeat HCe situation which was not along time go, and it was devastatengly bad for the game. Yeap..we got now more "content" , but it still very risky.
      Disagree. Rewards are time-gated by minimal arena duration and currently a bit below T4 blue zone solo dungeons even with 100% winrate.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• Equart wrote:

@gmatagmis It is very tricky Arena suggestions , even if it is good in some sort. It might repeat HCe situation which was not along time go, and it was devastatengly bad for the game. Yeap..we got now more "content" , but it still very risky.
      with HCe modifications, Albion lost lot of players, because it was a content that solo players loved.
      I saw 70% of my HCe friends dropped from the game.

If the solution is to nerf instanced content to full the open world but the people stop to play instead to full it, it's not a solution ;)
    • @gmatagmis Problem not in rewards, valuable they or not. Problem is that such free access will let players to sit non-stop in cities , instead of going into openworld and interuct with players. And in my opinion it is very unhealthy for the game.

P.S Devs just need to create more open world activities.

Chiattone wrote:

Equart wrote:

with HCe modifications, Albion lost lot of players, because it was a content that solo players loved.I saw 70% of my HCe friends dropped from the game.

If the solution is to nerf instanced content to full the open world but the people stop to play instead to full it, it's not a solution ;)
      It was one of the horrible Albion states ever i saw in this game. Thank god Devs nerfed it. It was killing the game slowly, open world was almost empty. As i said before , Devs need to create more DIRECT opportunities in open world for solo and small scale PvP/PvE

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Equart wrote:

@gmatagmis Problem not in rewards, valuable they or not. Problem is that such free access will let players to sit non-stop in cities , instead of going into openworld and interuct with players. And in my opinion it is very unhealthy for the game.

P.S Devs just need to create more open world activities.
      if people prefer to sit non stop in city instead of stay in openworld, it means that openworld don't works well or simply people like it.
      Why do we force someone to stay in openworld?
      As in the other games there are lot of kind of players that love to do different activity.

I take the example of GW2, because i m playing it now. Actually i m staying all the evening doing ranked arenas and it is full of players, if i m tired of ranked arenas I do WvW for 1 or 2 hours and there i meet lots of players. I can choose,I m not forced... :)

In my opinion, an old game like GW2 is more sandbox for the freedom and it offers more contents than Albion, because in Albion you are forced by rewards to do and be in the same places and it's worst than an istanced system.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Chiattone ().