Poll: Alliance Feature

  • Abolish alliances that is what poll says.
    There is no need to add other words.
    Facts not words. It looks like a gossip show. Facts are what really count or you look like the people who speaks as the greatest expert of pvp or something else then you go to see theirs profile and find out that their pvp fame is less then 10m. Ridiculous

    The post was edited 1 time, last by hypnoticshadow ().

  • hypnoticshadow wrote:

    Abolish alliances that is what poll says.
    There is no need to add other words.
    Facts not words. It looks like a gossip show. Facts are what really count or you look like the people who speaks as the greatest expert of pvp or something else then you go to see theirs profile and find out that their pvp fame is less then 10m. Ridiculous
    So, understanding systems and trying to find solutions should just be thrown out the window?
    No compromise could be reached?
    No betterment of current systems could be made?

    If the idea of abolishing alliances gets new ideas flowing to potently save them by changing the game mechanics for the better, why shouldn't it be discussed?
    Guild Master of American Craftsman
    ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
  • Keep alliance, removing it will only create a problem of mega guilds that can field 150-200+ people and small guilds still won't be able to compete, but:

    1) Turn friendly fire on: This would make sure that alliances will think twice before adding new guilds to create mega alliance, coordinating a zvz fight will be harder and can potentially break the non-balance fights -> more susceptible to dramas & political tension -> Potential threat: Mega guild (Since a guild is capped at 300 members)
    2) Make it extremely hard for a guild to hold more than 3 territories (based on the number of guilds in alliance AND based on the number of weekly active players in a guild): This can be done by increasing the amount of food for upkeep and require silver for upkeep also and they should be increase exponentially.
    • 2.1) Why 3 territories before paying high upkeep fee? Because there are a total amount of 5 different types of resources, a guild can choose to give their member access to the best type of resource that they want but more than that, they will have to pay a price
    • 2.1) A full amount of food can sustain a territory for a week, by the start of every week, a new amount of food requirements will be updated based on the amount of territories and players that a guild and an alliance owns. The remaining amount of food in the territory won't be scaled to reflect the new amount of food required to keep the territory
    • 2.2) An amount of silver that rises exponentially based on the amount of weekly active players in a guild and the amount of territory a guild/alliance owns is required to be paid every 2 days (After the payment, the next payment will be paid in the next 2 days with a new amount of silver) to keep the territory, otherwise, that guild loses the territory -> The guild in that alliance has to leave the mega alliance or downsize their guild if they and their allies own too many territory. They can also have another option, that is to allow small guilds to have hideouts and live in blackzone with a contribution of silver, but if the owner got too greedy, they face the problem that people will refuse to pay & conflicts in the zone will occur.
    3) Have a system that requires a number of players in a guild to maintain a territory daily otherwise the territory defense will be lower over time -> More susceptible to an attack
    4) Stronger disarray for large groups of 50+ players
    5) Fix the slideshow, in big & non-balance fights, even with the disarray, those who have fewer numbers still tend to lose because of the lag due to a swarm of hostiles charging toward them & they can do nothing about it

    In the first few days, mega alliance will probably still be able to capture all the lands, but in the long run, nobody can get online everyday & with the amount of resources that these mega alliances own and the difficulties to upkeep them, they will start to lose

    The post was edited 1 time, last by grark247 ().

  • Why don't we just have the devs add a new mob ingame called "Robo Cop" and if a alliances brings 200 players in one zone this "Robo Cop" will spawn and kill everyone, Then people wouldn't dare bring over 200 to a fight rofl.


    Display Spoiler
    Wouldn't you want to see a Robo Cop destroy a mega alliance? Just think of all the loot that would be left behide. XD

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

  • Method of solving Mega Alliance is by creating a landmark of some sort that one must hold for at least 50% of the season to reach crystal rank. This will create conflict as many guilds aim for the crystal rank. It the benefit that makes people fight each other as these benefits can't be divided. If things can't be shared or divide, others guild will also want to take hold of it. At the same time, zerg debuff should remain the same as it promotes fairer fights for a smaller-scale guild. What more is capping the number of territories an alliance can hold so that they can focus on the most important for them.
    [S I A M] The Bigest Thailand guild
    We try to push Albion community in Thailand
    S I A M Discord : https://discord.gg/vkq2f6V


    [S I A M] Zilo Guild Master
  • This change is a complete joke. You totally support small power groups by destroying the game effective for casual players. The zerg mechanic itself ensures that an alliance cannot bring 500 man on a battlefield.

    And a vote consiting of 1200 accounts should have no significance in a game beeing played by far more than 30k accounts regular (just count the player number of the larger alliances). Especially when this vote is not promoted in game.

    What will happening is that
    1. still super strong alliances will exist that drive other out of game. Just take some time and think about your actual spotlight.
    There are ~5-10 guilds that have with 300 man the power to dominate the world, and your chnage will enforce exactly these power blocks instead of the "smaller guilds" you official take as reason for the change.
    2. Inofficial alliances will still exist, formed of several alliances playing together, but all tools implemented in last time supporting alliances will be removed from game, as you cannot set access to _one_ alliance any longer, instead of setting access to many alliances to form a super alliance. And you will have to handle all "Meta-Alliance" out of game, as no longer in game alliance chat can be used.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Oldboy ().

  • Oldboy wrote:

    This change is a complete joke. You totally support small power groups by destroying the game effective for casual players. The zerg mechanic itself ensures that an alliance cannot bring 500 man on a battlefield.

    And a vote consiting of 1200 accounts should have no significance in a game beeing played by far more than 30k accounts regular (just count the player number of the larger alliances). Especially when this vote is not promoted in game.

    What will happening is that
    1. still super strong alliances will exist that drive other out of game. Just take some time and think about your actual spotlight.
    There are ~5-10 guilds that have with 300 man the power to dominate the world, and your chnage will enforce exactly these power blocks instead of the "smaller guilds" you official take as reason for the change.
    2. Inofficial alliances will still exist, formed of several alliances playing together, but all tools implemented in last time supporting alliances will be removed from game, as you cannot set access to _one_ alliance any longer, instead of setting access to many alliances to form a super alliance. And you will have to handle all "Meta-Alliance" out of game, as no longer in game alliance chat can be used.
    1) remove name tag

    2) make important maps in center

    only guild who can occupy that maps up-to 60% of season length will get crystal rank
    (It mean maybe have 1-5 guild get crystal rank per season)

    And cap max territory in guild can occupy.
    Quality will important than quantity.

    You will see top 20 guild fight for that precious thing and no time to bully smaller
    [S I A M] The Bigest Thailand guild
    We try to push Albion community in Thailand
    S I A M Discord : https://discord.gg/vkq2f6V


    [S I A M] Zilo Guild Master
  • Good Moorning,

    I think this is a good change, but I really think Developers didn't think enough about this decision. I can tell you right now as a member from SQUAK Alliance, we will be even Stronger. We are probably the best Alliance in the game atm and our coordination is really really good, so from 26 of February, we will fight together same guilds, all what we need to do is just don't hit each other, which is not really difficult , just take differents angles and remember every single guild will fight without Debuff, so It will be even easier.

    We are gonna see a lot of people crying the first days when this path arrives, Im sure xD.
  • SkuzKabel wrote:

    Good Moorning,

    I think this is a good change, but I really think Developers didn't think enough about this decision. I can tell you right now as a member from SQUAK Alliance, we will be even Stronger. We are probably the best Alliance in the game atm and our coordination is really really good, so from 26 of February, we will fight together same guilds, all what we need to do is just don't hit each other, which is not really difficult , just take differents angles and remember every single guild will fight without Debuff, so It will be even easier.

    We are gonna see a lot of people crying the first days when this path arrives, Im sure xD.
    May i ask?
    If albion have territory cap to 3 territory.
    And create only 3 map in center that give score for crystal rank (other map is useless for ranking) ie if your guild want reach crystal rank. You need to own 1 of 3 territory for 60% of season length.

    it help or not?
    [S I A M] The Bigest Thailand guild
    We try to push Albion community in Thailand
    S I A M Discord : https://discord.gg/vkq2f6V


    [S I A M] Zilo Guild Master
  • Alemaoo wrote:

    xcruciful wrote:

    This change will bring a hole new level of elitism.

    After 26 feb: You have to choose from being a slave for a big guild or not even step in black zone. Congrats xD clap clap clap
    I bet you are part of a mega alliance and has no idea how it is to play right now in disadvantage. Small guilds step in the black zone right now, why would they not do it when there is not mega alliances.
    Maybe because there will be not mega alliances only on papper? ;)
    HankTheNoob | Battles in AO

  • Alemaoo wrote:

    xcruciful wrote:

    This change will bring a hole new level of elitism.

    After 26 feb: You have to choose from being a slave for a big guild or not even step in black zone. Congrats xD clap clap clap
    I bet you are part of a mega alliance and has no idea how it is to play right now in disadvantage. Small guilds step in the black zone right now, why would they not do it when there is not mega alliances.
    More details, about what I really mean.
    Advantages you have
    because alliance future exists in the game:

    1. You can get your small guild in a mega-alliance
    and have lots of ally in black-zone...that means the black zone is way safer for you.

    2. You can take advantages of ally territory...and play hide-n-seek with gankers
    or deposit your stuff there.

    3. Alliance can help you to get a territory or to place your hideouts.

    4. You can create a mega-alliance your self and fight other mega-alliance...just with numbers.

    The alliance future can make the game way much easier for your small or semi-afk guild.
    So basically alliance = care bear

    What will happen after 26 feb?

    Because everyone wants territory...or advantages.
    And a small or semi-afk guild can't offer that anymore.
    Most active and strongest players will join Top Guilds.

    If Top Guilds clap you like Hulk right now...imagine what will happen
    when they will get all the Top players from medium-sized guilds.
    They will snap you like Thanos.

    The standards for getting a territory or to place a hideout will be multiplied with 100 X.

    So, if you say that now it is hard...after 26 Feb will be hell. (go hard or go home)

    So you fall in propaganda trap that demonize alliances.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by xcruciful ().