Island ownership question

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Island ownership question

      I have 2 characters on the same account, one of which is the owner of the island and the other is the co-owner.
      1) If the owner abandons the island, does it disappear or is it passed to the co-owner?
      2) if I delete the owner character, does the island get deleted too or is passed to the co-owner?
      3) is there any way for the co-owner to claim the island, the same way it's possible to claim house or chest?

      Thank you

      The post was edited 1 time, last by teopower89 ().

      1. It disappears. Each character can only own one private island at a time.
      2. The island remains if you delete your character, however, it will not be passed onto any other character. You will still be able to access it and use it with your other characters though, given that you have the proper access rights.
      3. No. The actual ownership of the private island cannot be transferred.
    • Elsa wrote:

      1. It disappears. Each character can only own one private island at a time.
      2. The island remains if you delete your character, however, it will not be passed onto any other character. You will still be able to access it and use it with your other characters though, given that you have the proper access rights.
      3. No. The actual ownership of the private island cannot be transferred.

      Regarding the 2nd point, if I delete the owner character (let's say the name is John) then the island will stay but it will still be listed as "John's island"?
      Since co-owners have certain restrictions that owners don't have (for example only owners can upgrade the island if I'm not mistaken) then the island is bound to remain the way it is with no possibility to change it?
      Thanks
    • teopower89 wrote:

      Regarding the 2nd point, if I delete the owner character (let's say the name is John) then the island will stay but it will still be listed as "John's island"?
      Yes.

      teopower89 wrote:

      Since co-owners have certain restrictions that owners don't have (for example only owners can upgrade the island if I'm not mistaken) then the island is bound to remain the way it is with no possibility to change it?
      That's correct.
    • teopower89 wrote:

      Elsa wrote:

      1. It disappears. Each character can only own one private island at a time.
      2. The island remains if you delete your character, however, it will not be passed onto any other character. You will still be able to access it and use it with your other characters though, given that you have the proper access rights.
      3. No. The actual ownership of the private island cannot be transferred.

      Regarding the 2nd point, if I delete the owner character (let's say the name is John) then the island will stay but it will still be listed as "John's island"?Since co-owners have certain restrictions that owners don't have (for example only owners can upgrade the island if I'm not mistaken) then the island is bound to remain the way it is with no possibility to change it?
      Thanks
      Keep in mind if they ever gives us another free island move you will NOT be-able to move that island because it will have no owner. Your better off making another account since well it doesn't cost money anymore for another account.