Please give gathering fame for fishing.

• Please give gathering fame for fishing.

Is there a reason why fishing does not give gathering fame? It gives fame, but not for gathering and it's a gathering profession. Fishing takes a long time to level up especially without learning points, so it would be nice to have gathering fame attached to it like all the other professions.
    • Ohh I understand now, You mean to your overall stats, Hmm it doesn't count toward gathering fame? thats really weird? I would think it would count, I don't think it would count as crafting fame because well you don't craft fish lol, If it doesn't count toward gathering fame then it must be generic fame only counting toward total fame.
    • Fishing fame is not tracked as gathering fame, not sure what it counts towards but my guess is "general fame" as you suggested. I know that guilds who track gathering fame as a way to ask players for gathering tax can't see fishermen and thus they are "tax-free" ;) Would be really nice if it was gathering fame at the very least.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Tomes don't count toward the mob fame, yet you can eat them for fame.
      You don't get any fame toward your stats at all with tomes. Meaning the stat sheet, So it doesn't just "Boost" the fame number on your stat sheet, That is what she was saying about fishing fame also. It does however count to the tree gear your wearing and weapon, Which is the same with fishing as it gives fame to the fishing tree but not toward your stat sheet.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

SirusX715 wrote:

You don't get any fame toward your stats at all with tomes. Meaning the stat sheet, So it doesn't just "Boost" the fame number on your stat sheet, That is what she was saying about fishing fame also. It does however count to the tree gear your wearing and weapon, Which is the same with fishing as it gives fame to the fishing tree but not toward your stat sheet.
      Elsa is arguing that doing actual fishing doesn't contribute toward your gathering stats because there is an additional way to advance your fame via eating fish and they didn't want people just eating fish to boost thier stat sheet numbers. I'm saying that argument is invalid because the devs have made another game system with tomes that works in a more desirable way. Killing pve mobs gives fame toward character stats while eating a tomes does not.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Neef wrote:

SirusX715 wrote:

Elsa is arguing that doing actual fishing doesn't contribute toward your gathering stats because there is an additional way to advance your fame via eating fish and they didn't want people just eating fish to boost thier stat sheet numbers. I'm saying that argument is invalid because the devs have made another game system with tomes that works in a more desirable way. Killing pve mobs gives fame toward character stats while eating a tomes does not.
      I see so your saying allow the fishing in "water" to give stat sheet fame while eating fish would not, Yeah makes sence to me.
    • Elsa wrote:

You can get fishing fame by eating fish. If it counted to the overall stats, it would make the gathering stat rather meaningless, as it would no longer show the effort you put into gathering resources - you could simply buy and eat fish to boost that stat.
      That's an easy fix though, don't have eating fish count towards leveling fishing and keep it as a buff only. It's frankly dumb you "level" fisherman by just eating fish, how does that make any sense since it just makes the entire gathering profession meaningless to begin with since you can just buy your way to T8. Removing this and adding gathering fame is the easiest solution to this.

Eltharyon wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I've added it to the list of topics for our designers to look at.
      Thanks a lot! I hope your team can come up with a solution.
    • So the fishing update came which was great. Unfortunately though it doesn't look like gathering fame xp to your stats has been fixed.

">

">

Can this finally be addressed? A 100/100 fisherman should have way more then 30k gathering fame. If not then remove fishing tree from the gathering tree because it's not being represented properly.
    • Malvado wrote:

So the fishing update came which was great. Unfortunately though it doesn't look like gathering fame xp to your stats has been fixed.

">

">

Can this finally be addressed? A 100/100 fisherman should have way more then 30k gathering fame. If not then remove fishing tree from the gathering tree because it's not being represented properly.

Malvado wrote:

So the fishing update came which was great. Unfortunately though it doesn't look like gathering fame xp to your stats has been fixed.

">

">

at the end of the day its just a number on a sheet that does nothing, so really does it matter?
    • Neef wrote:

Malvado wrote:

">

">

Malvado wrote:

">

">

at the end of the day its just a number on a sheet that does nothing, so really does it matter?
      It maybe just a number, but some guilds look at your fame and I got kicked for "lack of fame". I fish all the time and get a big fat 0 for gathering fame so the guild thinks I did shit. So ya it maybe just a number, but it DOES matter. Fishing is considered a GATHERING PROFESSION, and if the devs don't want it to give gathering xp then remove the fishing tree from the gathering tree in the destiny board because it's meaningless and confusing. They've already revamped the destiny board over the last few years with the latest patch having another revamp of it, so they are able to separate the tree if necessary.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Malvado ().

• Malvado wrote:

Neef wrote:

Malvado wrote:

">

">

Malvado wrote:

">

">

It maybe just a number, but some guilds look at your fame and I got kicked for "lack of fame". I fish all the time and get a big fat 0 for gathering fame so the guild thinks I did shit. So ya it maybe just a number, but it DOES matter. Fishing is considered a GATHERING PROFESSION, and if the devs don't want it to give gathering xp then remove the fishing tree from the gathering tree in the destiny board because it's meaningless and confusing. They've already revamped the destiny board over the last few years with the latest patch having another revamp of it, so they are able to separate the tree if necessary.
      You made a very good point, Guilds do look at the fame and just for fishing you get fucked, I agree fishing should be added to the gathering fame stat, Though eating fish should not count and I believe a dev said once that was the reason it wasn't added but It shouldn't be to hard to stop eating fish from counting just think of it as books for combat fame that doesn't count toward mob fame or any fame.
    • Ya it was the communications manager who said that because we gain fame by eating it was the reason. I know Robin responded that he would pass it along to the team, but I guess by the time he did the update was already moving forward in the development pipeline. I really hope they:

Remove fame from eating fish (you don't eat stone to become a better stone gatherer), keep the buffs obviously.

Increase gathering total fame by fishing.

Everything else about fishing has already been fixed since the update, this is the ONLY thing left that needs to be changed IMO.

I bet originally they added fame to eating fish because this gathering profession was added quite a bit after launch so they did that for ppl to catch up faster.