Season 8 | Invasion Day & Cluster Queue Feedback

• Eltharyon wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

The entire center circle is on the EU reset timer.

Is NA that much of a joke to SBI?

Neef wrote:

It seems there are more EU timers then NA and whats with the center being totally EU? Game does seem to run alot better so great job on that end.
      I can't confirm that the center is entirely EU.
      If you are referring to the region's surrounding the Avalon storm, there are regions of all timezones represented (Battle times from 12:00 - 5:00 UTC).
      4 of those battle times (12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00) are assigned to the 18:00 UTC Invasion time, due to proximity to that time. This covers Oceania, Asia, Europe & Brazil.

3 of those battle times (0:00, 3:00, 5:00) are assigned to the 1:00 UTC invasion time. This covers North and (Western) South America.

In the absolute center of the map we have 8 regions. 5 of those fall into the 18:00 invasion time, 3 into the 1:00 invasion time.
      In the extended inner circle we have 24 regions. 14 of those in the 18:00 invasion time, 9 in the 1:00 invasion time.

The split is therefore roughly 3/5 in the "EU" invasion time and 2/5 in the "US" invasion time. This also pretty accurately reflects the ratio of active players at each time.

That said, we'll continue to look for opportunities to improve this setup.
      Yeah I was referring to the reset days and terris going live during EU.
    • This invasion day was decent compared to prior ones. The new map created relationships amongst alliances that hadn't existed in the old one. It was really cool getting to pvp with and against players/alliances I had never met.

I am NOT saying that zone lockouts are good in anyway, but the current queue system is just that abysmal.

It is disheartening at the core to run 20 minutes to a fight, queue up, and get teleported to a zone just to be kicked out of that zone within 30 seconds. Meanwhile, you have to sit there requeueing, entering, and getting kicked out again. All the while, you're locked out of the fun having to listen in on discord about the fight as you watch from the window.

Not to mention all the unfortunate players that get kicked out of the queued zone onto a gate already occupied by the enemy! The current queue system often just tosses players into meat grinder! These players came to the battlefield surrounded by their buddies and now are alone having to fend for themselves on the outskirts because of some random queue system.

In fact, this design completely kills any authenticity that the original open world pvp aspects Albion should have.

These issues don't even begin to discuss the problems with how the queue system actually orders the queue: it's becoming more and more and is already borderline pay to win. (need premium, higher ip etc etc)

The battles that didn't involve the queue system were enjoyable even on losses.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

In particular, we would like feedback on the following:

How did the gameplay in this Invasion Day compare to the previous ones?

Did you experience any overarching problems or things that are holding back gameplay?

Are there any urgent fixes needed for core features (ie. Crystal League, Territory Control, etc)?
      The gameplay was definitely much more stable. So you guys did a great job with optimizations (should probably continue working in that direction, as well still have to keep our graphic settings on low with nameplates disabled, but still, this was a major milestone I think). Overall invasion day was very fun (especially now that we can use Battle Mounts - Im a big fan. The Dual-Sword 8% damage to Battle Mounts rework/removal was a huge step in the right direction!)

Did not really experience any problems holding back gameplay. Again - as mentioned above - I play ZvZ on low graphics settings (usually I play oh high and make all my videos on high, not for ZvZ tho), with nameplates turned off and also turning off damage numbers, ally damage and heals and enemy heals (only keeping on enemy damage). Last time I had all of those settings turned "on" - I kept getting kicked out of the game, lagging/rubberbanding and lost a Battle Mount. So Im keeping it all super low for now.

Fixes for core features: (this may not be something that came with Queen patch, but still its a core feature I think) --> Fixing the 2v2 HG to actually be a combat area (like it was meant) and removing ability to rat/deny content by running in circles.

If people want to run away from PVP - Gathering Profession is that way ---->>>
    • Before I go into the main gripes I had, I do have to compliment SBI for how well the servers appeared to hold up. I'm close to the server, but there was almost no rubber-banding or mass lag - far less than I anticipated for a smart queue enabled zone. It's clear there's been a lot of work to optimize these large scale engagements and that work seems to be paying off.

Now onto the cluster queue... My group's zones, like many others, were swarming with the mega-alliances well before territories were claimable. Here's a rough timeline of events:
      • Zone swarmed with multiple mega-alliances well before timer
      • Couldn't exit our hideout into the cluster we placed it in.
      • Our group gets in the zone. Within a minute or two, before we are able to get to our objective location in the zone, 80% of our zerg is smart queued out. (Sidenote, we are a new player organization. Our players seemed to be heavily queued out to map compared to other group's accounts. This was before any communication about the 800 IP clause to the queue.)
      • Our zerg is now totally invalidated.
      • Unwilling and unable to directly enter battle again, we stood down. To put the icing on the cake, our members were effectively trapped within the hideout, most unable to respawn anywhere but the hideout or a rest city deep within the Outlands (at a very unsafe time).
      The real kick to the gut for our members is that despite having hideouts in the cluster, it denied us any chance of making any sort of difference or contribution in the fight for the territory in that cluster. Our enemies are bringing 3-10x the numbers as it is, and we're still losing 75% of our numbers to the queues despite our stakes in the cluster.

It was many of our member's very first invasion day and this experience left all of us with a sour taste in our mouth.
      Head Diplomat for the Brave Newbie Alliance

The post was edited 1 time, last by Exonfang ().

• Exonfang wrote:

Before I go into the main gripes I had, I do have to compliment SBI for how well the servers appeared to hold up. I'm close to the server, but there was almost no rubber-banding or mass lag - far less than I anticipated for a smart queue enabled zone. It's clear there's been a lot of work to optimize these large scale engagements and that work seems to be paying off.

Now onto the cluster queue... My group's zones, like many others, were swarming with the mega-alliances well before territories were claimable. Here's a rough timeline of events:
      • Zone swarmed with multiple mega-alliances well before timer
      • Couldn't exit our hideout into the cluster we placed it in.
      • Our group gets in the zone. Within a minute or two, before we are able to get to our objective location in the zone, 80% of our zerg is smart queued out. (Sidenote, we are a new player organization. Our players seemed to be heavily queued out to map compared to other group's accounts. This was before any communication about the 800 IP clause to the queue.)
      • Our zerg is now totally invalidated.
      • Unwilling and unable to directly enter battle again, we stood down. To put the icing on the cake, our members were effectively trapped within the hideout, most unable to respawn anywhere but the hideout or a rest city deep within the Outlands (at a very unsafe time).
      The real kick to the gut for our members is that despite having hideouts in the cluster, it denied us any chance of making any sort of difference or contribution in the fight for the territory in that cluster. Our enemies are bringing 3-10x the numbers as it is, and we're still losing 75% of our numbers to the queues despite our stakes in the cluster.

It was many of our member's very first invasion day and this experience left all of us with a sour taste in our mouth.
      Yeah this seems like a big problem when it comes to being "locked" inside of your hideout, If the zone is in smart cluster QU mode, When you try to exit the hideout, It should give you the option to spawn outside the exit gate in one of the ajoining zones, This way at the very least you could have went for another terri around the zone your hideout is in, This would be the best option I would think for getting players out of hideouts. Also want to add that It seems the servers are running much better thank you devs! Keep it up!
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

I think you should also have the ability to wait inside the hideout while you're in the smart cluster queue, if you queued from within the hideout. I've heard people queued from within hideout only to have to choose and adjacent zone and getting zerged down by enemies also waiting in the queue.
      Well you already have that ability just don't zone out, Send 1 person to scout where the reds are waiting for there QU, So then you could pick the other side instead of the side they are waiting on, So like if the zone has 3 gates, The reds are waiting on the SE side you could just pick the NW side for an example.
    • 1 can someone link the cluster queue explanation post, searching im having trouble finding it so its subject must have been named different.

2 Shouldnt the first consideration be making the zone have even numbers from a guild/alliance vs another?
      2.1 the way the map is there are many choke points and it essentially locks people out of large areas of the map at a time. Example i play out of driftwood vale, and driftwood cross, in between is driftwood trail. Trail got locked, and suddenly i cannot move from cross to vale, however i am not in the fight. after that, there is a massive blob on the door on each side it just makes more and more of the map unusable at a time. it essentially ensures if you are not in a zerg while near a zerg you WILL die, because you cannot navigate to hideouts and you cannot get to portals, and every door you are going to is being blocked up zone after zone.
      2.1.1 I do hope that disarray buffs will help keep numbers down in zergs anyway, but in general i map lockouts should prioritize each guild being able to have even numbers, so third parties should be able to simply enter, pass through and leave perhaps even a 20 man excess number should be reserved for under represented guilds, where you get 4 minutes in zone before being kicked, this would let me get through... Also the cluster queue should not force you to stand by the gate... it should add you to queue and then you can go anywhere in that zone... perhaps anywhere at all so long as you channel into that zone anyway... it would help us avoid the massive blobs on door after door around whole regions. especially if you did allow some people to pass through the zones.

the battle i use as an example above, lasted for 1.5 hours i couldnt play the game at all, as i was locked out of the hideout which i keep my gear in, i had 2 sets to try to get around the battle, it didnt go well. so i was stuck naked running around BZ to try to get around the 10 different blobs running around to each door of that zone, and some 2 zones out queued.

3 perhaps there should be an option if you are adjacent to a Cluster Queued zones to channel from anywhere in the cluster to jump over that cluster queued cluster, you would then spawn randomly on the selected cluster across to the other side of the battle.
    • the fight lag is pretty high and i insta lag out when one of the spells that hits more than 8 people at a time goes off the calculations that are on screen are a bit much for my internet. the computer is at 10% cpu and 20% ram and graphics are at 40% of the cap and dont go above 65% of the cap in fights. the lag is ping time at 280-600+ so reacting to these fights even in the zone is pretty rough.
    • LaffyTaffy wrote:

the fight lag is pretty high and i insta lag out when one of the spells that hits more than 8 people at a time goes off the calculations that are on screen are a bit much for my internet. the computer is at 10% cpu and 20% ram and graphics are at 40% of the cap and dont go above 65% of the cap in fights. the lag is ping time at 280-600+ so reacting to these fights even in the zone is pretty rough.
      Try turning off show effects, This helps a lot with low end PCs in big fights, Also changing your nametag settings to off helps a lot, Or atleast turn off some of it, Like leave just HP bars on and turn off ally nametags and red nametags. or you could turn off health bars and leave nametags on, But turning 1 of theses or both off helps ALOT.