Wall has been Hit

• Wall has been Hit

So things have been going well. Figured out the sell orders on the market to make more cash. Got armor and weapons to tier 4. Just hit tier 4 for skinning/wood/cloth. So time to go to a city. Joined an alliance before heading to their city.

Now I am really overwhelmed. I did some gathering in blue zones. Much harder to find stuff. Finally, got my fill and went back to town. Looking for a spot to break down my resources and see every spot charging outrageous fees. So put the resources into the bank for later. Head to a yellow zone. Tons of mobs make it tough to get around. They hit very hard so it takes a long time to kill a single. More than one and I have to run. I see a couple of people are flagged. They are on their horse near entrance trolling everyone. Can't hurt them and when they see someone gathering alone they jump off horse and kill him. Then get back on their horse being chased by all the gatherers.

I do better when it is a slow and easy learning curve and buildup. Which was happening until I hit tier 4. Now it is complete chaos. Taking a break tonight and have a deep breath before watching more videos tomorrow.
    • I am assuming when you say you joined and alliance that you are faction flagged. When you do that you do gain faction points but i believe you are full PvP anywhere, even blue zones, for anyone else who is faction flagged. this is all explained here.
      https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Faction_Warfare

If you do not go faction flagged blue zones are no PvP and yellow is only partial PvP. that means you can be attacked but if you loose you are only knocked unconscious and you drop silver equal to a percentage of every thing you have but you don't loose everything as long as you don't choose to punch out and die. In 3 minutes you are back up and going. On the other side the guy who knocked you down takes a hit to his reputation to the point if they do it too much they will eventually are declared an outlaw where they are banned from royal cities. This is all explained here.
      wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Types_of_Zones

All this is just to explain that until you are ready and eager for full PvP do not faction flag. I haven't and I am up to T7 on all my gathering gear, a private island with 4 farming plots, i just got into laborers, and I am on the verge of having enough silver to buy 3 months of premium. I also suck at PvP but hey that is only a matter of time.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

That is great Ferdiad. Thanks for the reminder about farms. It sounds like they actually make money. I was only wearing t4.1 gear in a yellow tier 5 zone so that was my problem killing mobs.Just have to find a way to process my resources without paying the ransom
      It’s not a ransom. Town plots cost a lot to buy and a lot to feed, hence the high fees to use. However ... town plots give back a high resource return rate (RRR). The high RRR means you will get extra resources back which should more than cover the fees.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

That is great Ferdiad. Thanks for the reminder about farms. It sounds like they actually make money. I was only wearing t4.1 gear in a yellow tier 5 zone so that was my problem killing mobs.Just have to find a way to process my resources without paying the ransom
      It’s not a ransom. Town plots cost a lot to buy and a lot to feed, hence the high fees to use. However ... town plots give back a high resource return rate (RRR). The high RRR means you will get extra resources back which should more than cover the fees.
      I have a lot to learn. So it's more beneficial for me to pay the user fees than haul my stuff to free stations?