Proposed Hideout Travel System

• starboy wrote:

this should be added as a level 3 hideout perks
      Would be better for a level 1 hideout to also have it since well the BZ rests will also have this option and well some small guilds may never get the silver needed to upgrade to level 3 since it is such a big silver cost to do so. Or at the very least a level 2 hideout because the cost isn't near as much as a level 3.
    • Jc2008 wrote:

I think the main issue for abuse here is, entire guild/alliance has their homebase in outlands set. Since there appears to be no timer on returning to the Outlands, when their territory comes under attack, the entire guild can portal into the zone through the hideout without the chance of cutting them off or the danger of them having to run there if they were not already there...

The fix for this, is that in addition to using a portal removes the "Travel back to your outland home buff", but also after a designated amount of time (like 30 min) you lose the ability to fast travel back to your outland home. This will only allow the players in the zone or who were in the zone in the previous 30 min , to participant in attacks/defense without having to take a dangerous run back.
      Non sense suggestion. It would just make me teleport naked every 30mins back and forth to reset the cooldown.

It doesnt matter how fast i can get to the hideout, because i would be there anyway at the first place. It just matters what u r doing in the royals in the meantime, and tbh there isnt much to be done sinse there are no territories, t7 resources, etc
    • PeteTong wrote:

The idea overall is good but I'd make it so people loose their lock also upon entering red maps( or maybe only if going hostile in them), Travelling between hideout's to access islands, city facilities, market etc and been able to move around through blue/yellow zone is a great addition but if you want to stop harassment to low Outlands you might as well stop it in Red zones as well and I don't feel the point of living deep in the new Outlands was having easy access to both deep outlands content and red zone content through a quick click of your mouse.
      I 100% agree with this.

Royal zone is basically for solo and small guilds and having deep blackzone guilds (obviously the stronger guilds) freely wandering there will be bad for them.

Tried going to the red zones these days and is way calmer now than it was before. There are resources available, the number of pks are 'ok' (3-4 per good zone generally) and no big groups doing stuff.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Royal zone is basically for solo and small guilds and having deep blackzone guilds (obviously the stronger guilds) freely wandering there will be bad for them.

Tried going to the red zones these days and is way calmer now than it was before. There are resources available, the number of pks are 'ok' (3-4 per good zone generally) and no big groups doing stuff.

I wouldn't want to see the best players locked out of red zones, though I wouldn't be opposed to more protections for blue players. New players need ways to encounter veteran players before getting thrown in the deep end (and faction content is an excellent arena for that).

Primarily, though, I want to see what SBI is thinking in regards to the major content update for the red zones.
    • starboy wrote:

what about railing system for hideout. hideout to hideout fast travel with limitation

From the perspective of the game world, teleportation between hideouts is something researchers everywhere would be working on, because whoever got it first would have an enormous advantage.

Creating underground rail networks like Heretics sounds awesome, and so would diggable/blastable Underworld maps beneath the current Overworld, but from the perspective of gameplay balance, though, how could it be done without wrecking the world?

(I note that this sort of thing is possible in Wurm Online, which is a full-loot PvP game. I mined my share of tunnels there. :) The entire world is terraformable, however.)
    • Roccandil wrote:

starboy wrote:

what about railing system for hideout. hideout to hideout fast travel with limitation
      From the perspective of the game world, teleportation between hideouts is something researchers everywhere would be working on, because whoever got it first would have an enormous advantage.

Creating underground rail networks like Heretics sounds awesome, and so would diggable/blastable Underworld maps beneath the current Overworld, but from the perspective of gameplay balance, though, how could it be done without wrecking the world?

(I note that this sort of thing is possible in Wurm Online, which is a full-loot PvP game. I mined my share of tunnels there. :) The entire world is terraformable, however.)
      I mean it is called Wurm online meaning Worm online... Meaning they must love some tunnels rofl
    • Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

starboy wrote:

I mean it is called Wurm online meaning Worm online... Meaning they must love some tunnels rofl

Wurm is one of the in-game deities, as well as the name of the primary planet in the system. I never found out if Wurm actually liked to dig, although the level 100 title for the digging skill was Earthwurm, which rocked! :)
    • Korn wrote:

Hi all,

one of the drawbacks of the Queen update is that it's much harder to take part in Royal Continent gameplay - especially islands - if you are based deep in the Outlands.

On the other hand, the long travel times are needed to limit the power projection of high end alliances and keep distances impactful for the in-game economy.

We went to the drawing board and asked us the following question:

Is there a system that gives Outland players easier access to the Royal Continent without making it easier for them to project their power across the whole Outlands and without harming the in-game economy?

We believe that we found an answer to that.

Here is the concept: (note that some details have been left out for clarity)

From your home in the Outlands (which could be a hideout or one of the Outland cities) you can naked fast travel to any Royal city. This is pretty similar to the current "fast travel" via /suicide. However, the key difference will be that you won't lose your home binding if you do that. Instead, you will get a "debuff" that says: "If you use an Outland portal, you will lose your home". You'll also get the same debuff if you /suicide and pick a Royal city as your respawn location. This debuff still discourages deep Outland players to naked fast travel to the Royals and then harrass the low Outlands through a portal - as they'd lose their home this way, the same way as it is right now. However, as long as you actually do not use an Outland portal, you can carry out your duties in the Royals - such as tending to your island, trading, blue/yellow/red zone gameplay, etc. - normall. Once you are done, you can access any fast travel point in one of the cities. These fast travel points will then have the option for you to naked fast travel back to your home in the Outlands. Doing so will remove the above mentioned debuff, so once you are back in your Outland home, your situation is exactly the same as when you left.

As a quick fix, we will partially implement these travel options by changing how the last city respawn works in conjunction with /suicide. In an upcoming patch, you will not lose your home if you /suicide and pick last city as a respawn point. In addition to that, you'll allow you to make an Outland city your home, while at the same time no longer having Outland cities count as "last cities". If you pick the last city respawn option, you'll always end up in the Royals. You'll get the debuff that says "you will lose your home binding if you use a portal". That debuff will be removed if you die or /suicide and do NOT pick last city as your respawn option. If you pick last city as your respawn option, it will stay.

Now, if and when the above system is properly implemented, there is a nice extension to it that would however most likely be added at a later stage. We could allow you to use the "hideout travel system" without to manually store your gear in a chest first. Instead, that gear would automatically be stored in the associated bank chest and you'd have the option to immediately put on that gear with one click once you travel back. This way, you could have a gear set for your character at your hideout and a gear set for your character in the Royals and easily switch back and forth. Mechanically, it's the same as using the reworked /suicide command, practically, however, it will drastically improve quality of life. Eventually, such a gear set system could be expanded to allow you to save pre-configured loadouts such that you can easily equip them provided that your chest is adequately stocked.

We are looking forward to your feedback.
      Cannot wait to see this happen.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Neef wrote:

ShogunEE wrote:

So you make hideouts so that you could make black zone alive again, now you implement a fucking fast travel away from black zones to royal cities??
      What the hell is going on ?
      We need a way to do our islands my friend. If we can't have islands in the BZ we need away to get back to do them so we can get back to the real fun in the BZ.
      Its a sandbox game. I feel that you should have to sacrifice something for something right? In this case its time but again, its a sandbox game everything shouldn't be free/easy accessible
    • ShogunEE wrote:

Neef wrote:

ShogunEE wrote:

So you make hideouts so that you could make black zone alive again, now you implement a fucking fast travel away from black zones to royal cities??
      We need a way to do our islands my friend. If we can't have islands in the BZ we need away to get back to do them so we can get back to the real fun in the BZ.
      Its a sandbox game. I feel that you should have to sacrifice something for something right? In this case its time but again, its a sandbox game everything shouldn't be free/easy accessible
      Sounds like you don't have a farm, Its not free either, Its just an option to return to town its not a big deal whats the problem yes it is a sandbox and people want a way to do there farms quick so they can injoy the game itself not just running around zones to get back to the royals to do there farms for an hour to have to run more zones to get back to the content. The system does punish people just wanting to get back to use the portal by removing the debuff and the option to return to where they came from. So at the end of the day whats the problem?
    • ShogunEE wrote:

Neef wrote:

ShogunEE wrote:

This is the up-front cost:
      • You must travel into the Outlands to set your home
      • You cannot use a realmgate if you wish to fast travel
      • You cannot transport goods via fast travel
      A hidden cost also exists: that is, you must supply the Outlands if you want to play there. Being naked in the Outlands isn't very useful.

By encouraging more players to use an Outlands home, SBI is increasing the gameplay pressure to move supplies into the Outlands. This is meaningful transport and activity, not naked riders on T3 horses.

Useless player time (naked riding) is thus being translated into content-building player time. That's a big win, since it's more fun for the players while doing more for the Outlands. :)