Inactive Guild Master.

• Inactive Guild Master.

So. Apologies if something like this thread has been created previously, but I couldn't find anything matching my exact situation.
      I recently logged into Albion for the first time in about a year and a half, and saw that my old guild was still there. Which is great, except for the fact that the GM is inactive, and he hasn't logged on in 2 years and 11 days.
      I was wondering if it is at all possible to have the ownership transferred to me, as I have no way to contact him.
      It would be VERY nice if it was possible, since I'm trying to get some new players into the game and having an existing guild Island and etc would be very very helpful.

Attached is a screenshot of the guild list.
    • I hope you can get the devs to make an exception but last I recall they won't xfer GM. This stance is probably taken on the off chance that guy comes back and creates an issue for sbi. If you need a guild or possibly an alliance, mail Scarletsilvers or Bakin in-game. 07

- Bar
    • Barloch wrote:

I hope you can get the devs to make an exception but last I recall they won't xfer GM. This stance is probably taken on the off chance that guy comes back and creates an issue for sbi. If you need a guild or possibly an alliance, mail Scarletsilvers or Bakin in-game. 07

- Bar
      I hope so too but it seems unlikely. I get why they do it but its rather annoying in cases like this where I know he's quit the game completely, but just don't have any way to contact him anymore.
      I might take you up on that offer though if I can't get any of my friends to play. Thanks!

Ah, thanks Fusion.
      I'm still hoping some sort of exception can be made due to the different circumstances (over 2 years AFK vs being AFK because of a move), but oh well.
    • For a mistake I left my old guild with the alt so no members ( and gm) to the guild, I asked to Dev if possible to retrieve the gm but politely declined, that's fine I accepted that but in this case your answer is no. If yes it's pretty unfair and I want that too, also because in my case was a simple mis clic of the mouse.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hypnoticshadow ().

• hypnoticshadow wrote:

For a mistake I left my old guild with the alt so no members ( and gm) to the guild, I asked to Dev if possible to retrieve the gm but politely declined, that's fine I accepted that but in this case your answer is no. If yes it's pretty unfair and I want that too, also because in my case was a simple mis clic of the mouse.
      The issue with your mistake is that (presumably) there is no way to verify that you just miss-clicked the mouse.
      But it does look like I'm pretty much screwed regardless.
    • I just wanted to give my idea on how this could be done, There is two ways this could be done. First one would be that a guild leader could set another person as "Trusted" / Co-Leader Or some other name that doesnt matter, Now after that he could pick a set time of inactive, So for an example if the guild leader was offline for say 2 months the system would switch over GM to the "trusted" person set by the GM @ the start or whenever the GM setups this option. Now my second idea is prob the best one which would be that a guild leader could also setup an option to make a Co-leader a "Trusted" leader and if that person goes inactive for say 1 month the "trusted" person become a temp GM, Now if the old GM does return once he logs into the game the "Temp" GM would become inactive and the "Real" GM would then become the GM again if requested through a guild management tab. This way if he didn't want to be GM after returning he wouldn't need to change anything or he could just demote himself and make the "temp" gm a full GM and then that GM could setup the system for another "trusted co-leader". Now my idea isn't perfect and im sure you could come up with something better built off my idea.