New Blackzone is garbage

• New Blackzone is garbage

I think this just needs to be said.The old blackzone was waay better, in every aspect of the game.I legit want to throw up just thinking about logging on and going into this new black zone.So many limited options, so much ganking, so much traveling.And for what?.Ugh whetever, this might be the patch that does it for me.
    • The new Black Zone is good for PVP/ZVZ guild fun and ganking

It is not good for the gatherers, solo dungeons or worth the effort to travel 7 zones over sometimes more for a chance to get the 1/3 tick on T7 or 1/2 on T8.

Before from a gatherer stand point even going 5 zones over at least the chance of a full T7/T8 gave you some level or excitement or purpose.
      Solo dungeons before you could find some good spots, run a few and get back, sometimes get ganked or like myself sometimes fight the duo or single off.

Now Guilds can't claim terries yet so things could change, but man the Caerleon portal gone, less portals to get to the outlands, and resources t2/t3 being out in the outlands just makes it rough at least from 1 stand point in the game.

So did the update push the game forward in certain ways? Sure, but it really really hurt a whole other way to play and from the game launch it has always been play YOUR WAY and make your contribution to Albion Online. By hurting Gatherer's so much it will end up effecting crafter's also or just leave the game in the hands of a few strong alliances everyone will be forced to join and people will leave. Those who stay will have fun I am sure for a bit, but then it to will get boring the way I see it.

Everyone can play and do whatever they want in the game I have no problem with that just do not release an update that hurts so bad to one of those ways to play.
    • I have made several posts in various forums to make some suggestions to alleviate some of the issues that people are having with the new Outlands

1. Link the Rests with the Royals Islands, Player Islands and each other via a no baggage Travel Planner, as with the Royal Cities and Caerleon.

This would allow players who find themselves trapped in the Outlands an out, and give greater mobility to players in the Outlands at a cost of having to keep multiple sets of equipment.

2. Let players anchor their Player Islands in a Rest.

This gives the ability for characters to farm and craft in the Outlands, providing much needed goods to the Rest markets.
      The Rest would have to give no bonus to crafting or refining, to make the risk for bringing materials in from the Royal Islands more profitable.

3. Trade the Zone placement of the Portal and the Keeper Dungeon Zones.

Spreading out the portals more allows for greater mobility of solo players and gatherers as it creates a harder time for a coordinated ganking groups to cover the separate portal sites.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester

The post was edited 2 times, last by RenKatal: spelling ().

• I totally agree with the previous comments except of course Gank.. WTH Gank??

Anyway, as a solo gatherer the new BZ is frustrating as hell. I mean at what point in the devlopment did the Devs agree that it would be a great idea to travel 2 zones before T6 resources became available.. wouldn't it be obvious that this would be a certain death 99% of the time, I mean an increase in travelling numerous zones to 1) gather and 2) get back to the portal safely.. seriously Devs.. WTH!!

Can the Devs please, please, PLEASE implement some changes to benefit the solo gatherers out there.. bring back the way it was prior to the Queen update, that is, have T6 resources available from the get go.. from the 1st zone in port into, at least then you can sneak in, grab a few and then zone out through the portal. Travelling two zones is just a joke and really am surprised that this design was implemented.. unless the Devs are all gankers, who knows???
    • Evilreaper wrote:

The new Black Zone is good for PVP/ZVZ guild fun and ganking

It is not good for the gatherers, solo dungeons or worth the effort to travel 7 zones over sometimes more for a chance to get the 1/3 tick on T7 or 1/2 on T8.

Before from a gatherer stand point even going 5 zones over at least the chance of a full T7/T8 gave you some level or excitement or purpose.
      Solo dungeons before you could find some good spots, run a few and get back, sometimes get ganked or like myself sometimes fight the duo or single off.

Now Guilds can't claim terries yet so things could change, but man the Caerleon portal gone, less portals to get to the outlands, and resources t2/t3 being out in the outlands just makes it rough at least from 1 stand point in the game.

So did the update push the game forward in certain ways? Sure, but it really really hurt a whole other way to play and from the game launch it has always been play YOUR WAY and make your contribution to Albion Online. By hurting Gatherer's so much it will end up effecting crafter's also or just leave the game in the hands of a few strong alliances everyone will be forced to join and people will leave. Those who stay will have fun I am sure for a bit, but then it to will get boring the way I see it.

Everyone can play and do whatever they want in the game I have no problem with that just do not release an update that hurts so bad to one of those ways to play.
      You guys are dead wrong when you say you have to travel 7 zones to find a t7 map and t7 SRD's. There are t7 zones as little as 3 zones from the portal and there are t8 zones as little as 5 to 6 zones from the portal. That isn't far at all. Also about the t7 SRD's in the old map there were far far far far less t7 maps and a Major Major difference in t8 zones in the old map as Merica was the only place to find t8 SRD's. This map may seem like its far away but you really need to look at the zone tiers. Also once they fix the travel problem for going back to the royals for islands and faction warfare it will only be better. Also the center isn't that far away really and if you use the rests cities your even better off then the old map. Also the best zones by the center are only 8 maps from the portal. Which are the ones with a 22% enchant rate @ the top for t8 and 19%/18% enchant on t7 highest zones. It doesn't need to be right next to the center area to be a best zone. Some are 1 to 2 zones(Its just the way it looks on the map on how they far they seem from the center) away from the middle and still have the 22% enchant rate meaning they are still the best zones. Just look at Black Monastery/Eldersleep Which Eldersleep is only 5 zones from the FS portal and even closer if you used the tunnel I believe and its a max level/Best level zone. Some portals are worst off then others but still...

The post was edited 8 times, last by Neef ().

• The bigger problem that I see is the layout of the alliances. Just look at the map. 4-5 Alliences cover all the Outlands (Blue Army takes the whole center). Portals are too close to each other (only 1 terry between each other), which creates a possibility to take up the whole location and don't allow anyone through. That destroys the whole design of the game for solo players and smaller guilds/alliances. Imagine a solo player not being able to even get out of the portal. That is super frustrating and it forces people to join one of the 5 biggest alliences. As a result there is a monopoly for the territories in the outlands that are being shared by only 5 alliances. The pre-update map looked waaaay more diverse. People had a chance to choose from a bigger pool, see more reds than purples and had less incentives to just stay in the hideout and farm that territory 24/7. Solo ganking is dead cause of the specter boots nerf and hideouts. There are so many issues with the current state of the game that are spoiling its design and deprive new players from a freedom of options and choice that Albion had prior to this patch. I dont even know how to address them all. I hope that GMs truly take into consideration the suggestions of the players, as the new changes to the HG spawn timers show that. For now, the biggest concern with the outlands, that CLEARLY worsen the game experience for most people is the proximity of the portals. I can't see any reason not to move them at least 2 clusters away from each other. There is some much more pros rather than cons with that.
    • Raikvaza wrote:

The bigger problem that I see is the layout of the alliances. Just look at the map. 4-5 Alliences cover all the Outlands (Blue Army takes the whole center). Portals are too close to each other (only 1 terry between each other), which creates a possibility to take up the whole location and don't allow anyone through. That destroys the whole design of the game for solo players and smaller guilds/alliances. Imagine a solo player not being able to even get out of the portal. That is super frustrating and it forces people to join one of the 5 biggest alliences. As a result there is a monopoly for the territories in the outlands that are being shared by only 5 alliances. The pre-update map looked waaaay more diverse. People had a chance to choose from a bigger pool, see more reds than purples and had less incentives to just stay in the hideout and farm that territory 24/7. Solo ganking is dead cause of the specter boots nerf and hideouts. There are so many issues with the current state of the game that are spoiling its design and deprive new players from a freedom of options and choice that Albion had prior to this patch. I dont even know how to address them all. I hope that GMs truly take into consideration the suggestions of the players, as the new changes to the HG spawn timers show that. For now, the biggest concern with the outlands, that CLEARLY worsen the game experience for most people is the proximity of the portals. I can't see any reason not to move them at least 2 clusters away from each other. There is some much more pros rather than cons with that.
      Simple put a shield area around portal zone exits/gates so gankers can't just camp the exits, They should be just like the shields outside of the rest cities, I really don't understand why they didn't put theses in being the portals are so close together.
    • Neef wrote:

Simple put a shield area around portal zone exits/gates so gankers can't just camp the exits, They should be just like the shields outside of the rest cities, I really don't understand why they didn't put theses in being the portals are so close together.
      Its not even that, its that before the portals were spread out, you had 28 of them, it was actually created with Merica being for top end guilds worked itself down so you had places you could go in Black zones and now you have 15 portals very close together which makes almost no sense at all.

I am sure the map will change a bit at some point (the middle I am sure is gonna be a city or something like Caerleon, might even have a direct link to Caerleon) so just holding out for the future.
    • Neef wrote:

Maori wrote:

Gank wrote:

That makes it worse lmao holy shit f2p players man I can't.
      It went from taking 2 days to grind up a month premium to the whole damn month LOL
      Not true the price for prem is almost the same as it was before the price change, Its around 7m now, You can make that in a week easy.
      Okay maybe not a month lol but definitely not as fast as before, and it also depends what content you're into. I guess I could do it in a week if I blew off my job and neglected my family lol.
    • Maori wrote:

Neef wrote:

Maori wrote:

Gank wrote:

That makes it worse lmao holy shit f2p players man I can't.
      It went from taking 2 days to grind up a month premium to the whole damn month LOL
      Not true the price for prem is almost the same as it was before the price change, Its around 7m now, You can make that in a week easy.
      Okay maybe not a month lol but definitely not as fast as before, and it also depends what content you're into. I guess I could do it in a week if I blew off my job and neglected my family lol.
      Aww come on man, You could make 7.7m in a week with only 3 to 4 hours a day pretty easy, In 3 to 4 hours of running t6+ SRD's you could make an easy 1.5m to 3m I'm sure of it, Then doing this for 5-7 days should = to around 7 to 10m. Seems pretty simple to me, Also you could setup market buy orders, buy different items in one location and run them to a different market for a decent profit, Gathering, Carrot farms, lets see there are tons of different options.