NDA Playtest? No new balance changes in months?

• NDA Playtest? No new balance changes in months?

I figured we would be seeing some NDA notes coming soon for the start of the new season. Its been since september since we have gotten a weapon/gear balance patch (Well the patch hit lives after sept but thats when they were first posted). So what I'm asking is are we going to see them notes soon @devs?
    • well technically new 9 items and 9 new spells in Queen (the Avalonian sets) is like the biggest balance change...

I'm already shaking up the meta with it, and these new items are not even fully available to the general population yet due to the fact that Avalonian dungeons are just starting to be run as they were just added in this update less then a week ago.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

well technically new 9 items and 9 new spells in Queen (the Avalonian sets) is like the biggest balance change...

I'm already shaking up the meta with it, and these new items are not even fully available to the general population yet due to the fact that Avalonian dungeons are just starting to be run as they were just added in this update less then a week ago.
      Yeah captian this is true, But i mean more in the line of old weapons and gear. Mainly items that haven't been used in a very long time.. The new gear doesn't have anything to do with the normal NDA changes.
    • Did u PvP fight vs Ava set already?

Small scale?

Did someone just shoot lasers on you ?

Did someone run with ungodly speed next to you with almost no CD while you gallop on your Kitty ..if Not, watch Ava sandals with no CD and inner focus? Cheers

Balancing this new Avalonian items in GvG crystal is gonna be interesting..

I eat popcorn and watch as it is nuts..

I have fighted these guys already, and it is rough . Yes I hope these items are too expensive to become standard, if not, forget about balance, avalonian is then the balance and most other is just trash for the poor..except maybe cultist..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• They should publish soon,

I dont like one thing about nerfs and buffs,

They see an unused weapon then they buff it later on they see some broken mechanic added by them in past update , so they nerf the item that hard that no one will use it anymore (according gvgs and 5s hg)

Example.

Axe healing reduction, they saw that people cant play 2 axe together in same team so they implemented double stacks for the bleeding and reduction . They did for gvgs and hgs but they saw this was kinda powerful then they Nerf it to 3 stacks and 20 percent reduction, its bad for open world. People are kiting ,stunning running back so someone who has mobility is not being affected from healing reduction.

If you see a problem in group content change something that will affect group content not the solo , open world experience.
      Now almost no one besides solo dungeon players and zvz halberds are playing axe.

Sbi please if you buff something and becomes powerful nerf it to previous stage , dont nerf it in a way that the weapon lose the purpose of gameplay,,
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Did u PvP fight vs Ava set already?

Small scale?

Did someone run with ungodly speed next to you with almost no CD while you gallop on your Kitty ..if Not, watch Ava sandals with no CD and inner focus? Cheers

I have fighted these guys already, and it is rough . Yes I hope these items are too expensive to become standard, if not, forget about balance, avalonian is then the balance and most other is just trash for the poor..except maybe cultist..
      I haven't fought vs Ava set (depending which one, right?) but I've been using the Leather Helmet (that I myself crafted) in 2v2 HG. I like it - its very good vs the common 1 healer + 1 DPS meta (esp Lifetouch).
      So - no, not small scale, just 2v2's. Too expensive to take out for small scale.

I've tested Lasers and Levitate on the test server with Equart, but have not used or seen it being used in a real fight yet.

And yes - the meta changed (or will continue to change as these items become available) much more then any NDA patch could do... but of course I would like more changes to the meta and more NDA updates. All in due time...
    • There is alot of options you can do, make separate E on wep for hellgates and Crystal's get a separate E only for those instances etc if it was truly to hard to balance lol but it's not a matter of breaking skills just adding things that fits the wep. Dagger pair E is literally slit throat should silence you as well just the flavor being a mom not a moba so you should feel the option to feel strong enough to fit in pvp content. There is alot of options randomize crystal maps to allow other wep to shine
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Did u PvP fight vs Ava set already?

Small scale?

Being expensive doesnt make them balanced. Worse, it makes them even more unbalanced because they will be only available to a few people.

Tbh, i think they just throw this items into the game without thinking about anything. What a fucking joke those boots are...

Wait and see. This patch will prove to have been the death of this game, sadly. As soon as people get tired of being inside an hideout waiting for numbers to go out the game will be empty.
    • Tabor wrote:

Free Retro from other shit so he can focus on combat balance again! Any rough idea when we may see something again balance wise???? @Retroman
      Yeah I mean I would think the NDA playtests would have nothing to do with reg big updates / Queen update. Its been a super long time since we had a meta change I was really hoping we seen some changes before the start of the session but well it doesn't look good.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

To be honest, I hope it takes a very very long time.

Each balance change in the last was not really helpful in my eyes.

I do really hope ..next is in 2 years.
      lmao dude it's cause they nerf shit to the ground like idiots treat things as a moba when it's a mmo. They need to buff shit little by little and quit nerfing everything lol there is no reason you should have weapons never played in a sandbox lmao.

Never made 5v5 scene
      1hdagger 1h axe polehammer morning star mace, claws

Shit you have always seen
      Axes all swords damn near been in and out zvz and gvg
      Minor tweaks can really help create comps usable

Knight chest example go through the wall get res buff for 3 sec boom viable chest again haha