I don't feel that the administrators take the albion forum seriously

• I don't feel that the administrators take the albion forum seriously

They never respond or leave sight

A simple:

"your idea seems like crap"

"I will consider what you have proposed"

"It's the dumbest thing I've read since I developed the game"

"I am more concerned about the coronavirus than the bug you comment"

What I mean is that it is necessary that they minimally make some presence, because when you post something in this forum it is like praying to God and waiting for someone to respond.
    • NaturalSelection wrote:

A simple:

What I mean is that it is necessary that they minimally make some presence, because when you post something in this forum it is like praying to God and waiting for someone to respond.
      I feel a bit as you do as well,
      but we have to consider that they are most likely very busy and don’t have enough time to check everything and react to the high amount of treads posted here; hopefully, with the increase in price/gold, they will also dedicate more time to these players’ feedbacks.
      At lest a check mark, “we browsed at your post”, would be nice (would be great if they were as responsive as the stupid, disrespectful and intolerant hate remarks we see here, lol).
    • Psycha wrote:

I really dont like the round table idea.. They should take the entire community as a whole into prospective with suggestions and ideas.. Not a few sweaty nerds that throw money all the time at SBI.
      I logged in for the first time in awhile just to quote this.

I could write multiple blog posts about the faults behind this mentality, but I won't.

This is how you ruin a game's development - giving power to anyone with a keyboard and a sense of entitlement, rather than the "sweaty nerds" who consistently play the game and don't plan on quitting. I unironically winced while reading this. You should shelve your feeling of being ostracized and consider another point of view.
      signature

I read all your comments.

But I do not quite understand why they created a section of the forum called "suggestions" if they are not going to see shit......
      We don’t know for sure if they read all/most of the posts or not as they claim they do, but it does appear that most of the posts get neglected.

There are lots of great ideas/feedbacks here and coming from the people who should matter the most, the regular players. It’s does take some long hours of funnelling, but it’s free consultation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tallju ().

• Haha.Gamer.Guy wrote:

Psycha wrote:

I really dont like the round table idea.. They should take the entire community as a whole into prospective with suggestions and ideas.. Not a few sweaty nerds that throw money all the time at SBI.
      I logged in for the first time in awhile just to quote this.
      I could write multiple blog posts about the faults behind this mentality, but I won't.

This is how you ruin a game's development - giving power to anyone with a keyboard and a sense of entitlement, rather than the "sweaty nerds" who consistently play the game and don't plan on quitting. I unironically winced while reading this. You should shelve your feeling of being ostracized and consider another point of view.
      Everyone can quit a game, they only quit or "take a break" because of bad updates and bad ideas. People in the round table dont take the majority of peoples feelings to their ideas and suggestions, this update is proof of that. Of course people will always whine and complain on every single update we get but its important to not fail this badly, go see for yourself of how many posts got moved to rants and how much in general is claiming this is a terrible patch.

I really hate the mentality of listening to 1 set of players and 1 set of play style like the round table, if they continue to listen to them and give them authority over the game updates then this game will ROT in the future.

I winced at seeing that disgusting profile pic btw.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • The Developers do read the Suggestions forum. There are 26 pages of Developer replies here if you click on a blue "Dev Reply" tag.

But some suggestions fall in the following categories:

1. Do not fit the overall vision and philosophy of the game.
      2. Not feasible to implement due to time or technology constraints.
      3. Would only benefit a few players and undertaking them would not yield a lot of favorable results (production cost to benefit ratio).
      4. It was already suggested and tried before but did not work as intended.
      5. The Developers have a better version that's just in a backlog.

Let me also point out that a suggestion is very much different from a demand.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

The Developers do read the Suggestions forum. There are 26 pages of Developer replies here if you click on a blue "Dev Reply" tag.

3. Would only benefit a few players and undertaking them would not yield a lot of favorable results (production cost to benefit ratio).

Thanks for the reply

A simple:

Devs and Admins spend their time on a secret-forum for Ranked Guild members and leaders. They generally stay out of the public forums.

It is sad, and I've recommended they be much more public and open, but they're not known for listening to such advice from the general playerbase.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

The Developers do read the Suggestions forum. There are 26 pages of Developer replies here if you click on a blue "Dev Reply" tag.

I have to call you out on the first point.. There was no more vision for the game after Beta 2 onto release officially. Your 3rd point, maybe it wouldnt appease the round tables needs or ideas. Your 5th point, the devs must have a backlog the size of Russia with how much you throw into it and do nothing about it(still waiting for chatbox visibility changes for people with eye constraints).

Also as you put lastly, we may seem demanding with most of our suggestions but just know you guys do have the final say in what goes, but at least show that you are reading our feedback and genuinely give a fuck about what we want.
      Because to be honest, that event before queen was a huge letdown, bad planning fair enough but then the update comes and it causes a whole bunch of complaints, fair that it just came out so there are bound to be a few problems with such a huge patch. But I have never seen this much bullshit on the forums lately since Beta 1 with weapon balances back then and chat spam with multi languages.

Don't advertise something you cannot bring to the table, im speaking from what you promised in Alpha. Have a nice day :3
    • You're free to call me out on my points. So here are the facts:

Psycha wrote:

I have to call you out on the first point.. There was no more vision for the game after Beta 2 onto release officially.
      The game's vision is still pretty much intact. The initial choices in the game's development was the developers had to make a very hard decision to balance out game design to avoid production costs. This meant that the art style and overall look is "simple" as compared to other online games. The developers took radical design decisions based on the idea that these would have emotional resonance to the players.

The following core decisions made in the Alpha version are still in place today:

• All items are player crafted.
      • Full loot PVP
      • You are what you wear
      • No item teleportation
      They've also learned this lesson along the way. "Just because a lot of people project their dreams in your MMO, doesn't mean they will play it - those people you design the game for will play it."

Source: slideshare.net/davidsalz54/mak…o-the-albion-online-story

Let me also add that there are Roadmaps for the game since it was officially released in 2018. That to me, sounds like a vision and direction for the game.

Development Roadmap beyond Merlyn
      Albion Online Roadmap & Vision Update

Psycha wrote:

Your 3rd point, maybe it wouldnt appease the round tables needs or ideas.
      There's been a lot of conspiracy theories about what goes on in the Round Table. I've kept on saying this, this is not what the Round Table is about. Source: Me

Psycha wrote:

Your 5th point, the devs must have a backlog the size of Russia with how much you throw into it and do nothing about it(still waiting for chatbox visibility changes for people with eye constraints).
      Things that you mentioned may be important to some people, but it may not be high up in the priority in the list of things that are planned or being developed. You may not like that answer, but this is how it works in game development where there's an iterative process in place.

Also taken from the AMA in r/gaming:

AlbionOnlineAMA wrote:

<Snip..>. After just having introduced so many entirely new features with the Queen update, the next update will very likely have a strong content, activities and polishing focus.

Psycha wrote:

Don't advertise something you cannot bring to the table, im speaking from what you promised in Alpha. Have a nice day :3
      Albion Online Alpha Gameplay | First Impressions HD
      Albion Online (Alpha) - Part 1 - Starting Out
      Albion Online Alpha - First Impressions (Part 1)

It's an Alpha version for a reason, the game has become so much more from what it was. Maybe it's time to move on and accept that the game will never go back to that place. Have a nice day as well.
    • Theat wrote:

NaturalSelection wrote:

A simple:

Devs and Admins spend their time on a secret-forum for Ranked Guild members and leaders. They generally stay out of the public forums.
      It is sad, and I've recommended they be much more public and open, but they're not known for listening to such advice from the general playerbase.
      They might actually check most of these feedbacks, but the thing is that lots of people won’t know that if they do not consistently manifest somehow.
      When people take their time to put an effort to write suggestions, no matter how useless and stupid they are, they expect at least a “thank you, your feedback was read”; silence is not very reassuring.
      Then there is this talk about this “round table” thing, this is even less reassuring.
      I know that I would make sure to financially contribute and recommend a game if I believed that its developers would actually listen to its players, even the casual ones.
      Gaming is a very competitive market and a close relationship with its player can be a way to stand out among others.
    • Tallju wrote:

They might actually check most of these feedbacks, but the thing is that lots of people won’t know that if they do not consistently manifest somehow.When people take their time to put an effort to write suggestions, no matter how useless and stupid they are, they expect at least a “thank you, your feedback was read”; silence is not very reassuring.
      Then there is this talk about this “round table” thing, this is even less reassuring.
      I know that I would make sure to financially contribute and recommend a game if I believed that its developers would actually listen to its players, even the casual ones.
      Gaming is a very competitive market and a close relationship with its player can be a way to stand out among others.
      Just to add more in this topic, Korn made this post on December 10, 2015. It's been pinned and highlighted for a reason.

Read before posting: About the feedback forum

Korn wrote:

About the feedback forum
      • The goal of this forum is to support the continous improvement of Albion Online
      • Its goal is not to rage or blow of steam. Please use our Rants forum for that.
      • We read every single thread in the feedback forum, even if we do not reply to all of them
      • Your feedback is of tremendeous value in helping us to achieve this
      • This only works if the atmossphere in the feedback forum is constructive and productive
      • Make sure your feedback is written in a cool-headed and construtive manner. Be as detailed as possible
      • Make suggestions on how to improve the game. Be as detailed as possible
      Before you Post
      • See if there are existing discussion threads on the topic you want to talk about
      No-Gos in the feedback forum
      • Do not use overly dramatic headlines
      • Do not rage or rant
      • The feedback forum is no place for campaigning or politics: Do not repeatedly re-post the same statements as an attempt to sway/influence public opinion
      • Do not insult others
      • Do not run "political campaigns" to against other player groups or the developers. Stay constructive, we are all in this together.
      If you want to blow of steam
      • We understand that Albion Online can be a very emotional game
      • We do not want to censor everybody that steps out of line
      • Therefore, we have created a new Rants sub-forum that you can use if you do not think that you can currently meet the standards of the feedback forums
      • Note: even the Rants forum has its limits, it is not a moderation-free zone

• Evas_Flarelight wrote:

You're free to call me out on my points. So here are the facts:

Psycha wrote:

I have to call you out on the first point.. There was no more vision for the game after Beta 2 onto release officially.
      The game's vision is still pretty much intact. The initial choices in the game's development was the developers had to make a very hard decision to balance out game design to avoid production costs. This meant that the art style and overall look is "simple" as compared to other online games. The developers took radical design decisions based on the idea that these would have emotional resonance to the players.
      The following core decisions made in the Alpha version are still in place today:

• All items are player crafted.
      • Full loot PVP
      • You are what you wear
      • No item teleportation
      They've also learned this lesson along the way. "Just because a lot of people project their dreams in your MMO, doesn't mean they will play it - those people you design the game for will play it."

Source: slideshare.net/davidsalz54/mak…o-the-albion-online-story

Let me also add that there are Roadmaps for the game since it was officially released in 2018. That to me, sounds like a vision and direction for the game.

Development Roadmap beyond Merlyn
      Albion Online Roadmap & Vision Update

Psycha wrote:

Your 3rd point, maybe it wouldnt appease the round tables needs or ideas.
      There's been a lot of conspiracy theories about what goes on in the Round Table. I've kept on saying this, this is not what the Round Table is about. Source: Me

Psycha wrote:

Your 5th point, the devs must have a backlog the size of Russia with how much you throw into it and do nothing about it(still waiting for chatbox visibility changes for people with eye constraints).
      Things that you mentioned may be important to some people, but it may not be high up in the priority in the list of things that are planned or being developed. You may not like that answer, but this is how it works in game development where there's an iterative process in place.
      Also taken from the AMA in r/gaming:

AlbionOnlineAMA wrote:

<Snip..>. After just having introduced so many entirely new features with the Queen update, the next update will very likely have a strong content, activities and polishing focus.

Psycha wrote:

Albion Online Alpha Gameplay | First Impressions HDAlbion Online (Alpha) - Part 1 - Starting Out
      Albion Online Alpha - First Impressions (Part 1)

It's an Alpha version for a reason, the game has become so much more from what it was. Maybe it's time to move on and accept that the game will never go back to that place. Have a nice day as well.
      Its simple, start liking or short replying to suggestions or concerns in posts. If you can reply to me like you did then you have no excuse for everyone else.