Upcoming Changes to Hideouts, Elite Dungeons & Other Fixes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Neef wrote:

Guys, The problem is there is no content for large ZVZ forces right now, So in return you are seeing theses large zvz forces attack hideouts because well there isn't anything else for them to do yet, If its still a major problem after the season starts and after they make the changes they already said they are making then we can talk about more option to fix the problem for small guilds.

If large guilds are going to crunch the hideouts of small guilds during off-seasons, then it's possible they'll do so next offseason (especially since territories usually remain owned during offseasons). If so, that's a problem.

faintrespite wrote:

I don't know what the other "big" alliances are doing, but we're only killing the hideouts of small guilds that are in our way. Every time we've destroyed one of these hideouts, not even a single person has walked outside to even see what's going on, much less attempt a defense.

You can kill hideouts that are enterable? I thought that was only possible during the first bugged wave of hideouts.

Anyhow, I'd assume that the defenders were in a nearby dungeon, saw the size of your blob (assuming you had one), and decided to not throw good money after bad.
    • Roccandil wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

I don't know what the other "big" alliances are doing, but we're only killing the hideouts of small guilds that are in our way. Every time we've destroyed one of these hideouts, not even a single person has walked outside to even see what's going on, much less attempt a defense.
      You can kill hideouts that are enterable? I thought that was only possible during the first bugged wave of hideouts.

Anyhow, I'd assume that the defenders were in a nearby dungeon, saw the size of your blob (assuming you had one), and decided to not throw good money after bad.
      I have no idea if you can kill blue hideouts.

We only killed red ones.
    • MarauderShields wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

There is no incentive that we can provide to them that makes them want to allow our hideout.
      This is the big problem i see, the large alliances don't need the silver, they have millions just lying around, so there is no reason to allow a hideout near them that they may have to clear later. Maybe this will change when the season starts and territories allow guilds a foothold that they can exploit and get a hideout down, but right now i'm skeptical.
      A large alliance of course would not trade a 1m silver tribute to allow a small guild to have access to a T7 or T8 zone, that makes no economical sense.

But that being said, I would recommend those of you who are actually interested in access to "big alliance" held zones to actually try diplomacy. Most of these guilds are going to have people dedicated just to handle these types of negotiations.
    • faintrespite wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

I have no idea if you can kill blue hideouts.
      We only killed red ones.
      Hideouts that you can enter(Meaning ones that finished building and are currently level 1 through 3) can only be attacked through the terri launch system.
    • faintrespite wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

There is no incentive that we can provide to them that makes them want to allow our hideout.
      This is the big problem i see, the large alliances don't need the silver, they have millions just lying around, so there is no reason to allow a hideout near them that they may have to clear later. Maybe this will change when the season starts and territories allow guilds a foothold that they can exploit and get a hideout down, but right now i'm skeptical.
      A large alliance of course would not trade a 1m silver tribute to allow a small guild to have access to a T7 or T8 zone, that makes no economical sense.
      But that being said, I would recommend those of you who are actually interested in access to "big alliance" held zones to actually try diplomacy. Most of these guilds are going to have people dedicated just to handle these types of negotiations.
      The problem is that even if its not a T7 or T8 zone the larger alliances aren't interested in negotiating because again like we've been saying in every post that you obviously haven't read. There is no incentive for them to allow other guilds hideouts. 1-3mil silver is worthless to a mega alliance. They want more bodies, more people to add to their multiple massive zergs. Doesn't matter if your "small guild" is 10 people or 200. If they're a larger alliance and you're within 4-5 zones of where they operate they're going to attack you to prevent you from being in their "area". So my point was to make it more lucrative for smaller guilds to have hideouts by making it worth it to bigger alliances. Give them extra defense points to their hideout or have active small guilds contribute a % of their season points to the territory owner. Something other than just here is our garbage worthless to you silver tribute.

Also, I think based on map control tactics of previous seasons anyone who seriously believes the larger alliances won't continue wiping out smaller groups once territory wars start is fooling themselves. You're likely to just see groups put together kill squads for hideouts that run around knocking down unwanted hideouts while the big zergs handle the main battle duties. So nothing is going to change. If an unwanted hideout does actually make it through construction they'll just send a zerg instead of a kill squad. So I stand by my statements that the system is broken and needs incentive changes.
    • Xyrdin wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

A large alliance of course would not trade a 1m silver tribute to allow a small guild to have access to a T7 or T8 zone, that makes no economical sense.But that being said, I would recommend those of you who are actually interested in access to "big alliance" held zones to actually try diplomacy. Most of these guilds are going to have people dedicated just to handle these types of negotiations.
      The problem is that even if its not a T7 or T8 zone the larger alliances aren't interested in negotiating because again like we've been saying in every post that you obviously haven't read. There is no incentive for them to allow other guilds hideouts. 1-3mil silver is worthless to a mega alliance. They want more bodies, more people to add to their multiple massive zergs. Doesn't matter if your "small guild" is 10 people or 200. If they're a larger alliance and you're within 4-5 zones of where they operate they're going to attack you to prevent you from being in their "area". So my point was to make it more lucrative for smaller guilds to have hideouts by making it worth it to bigger alliances. Give them extra defense points to their hideout or have active small guilds contribute a % of their season points to the territory owner. Something other than just here is our garbage worthless to you silver tribute.
      Also, I think based on map control tactics of previous seasons anyone who seriously believes the larger alliances won't continue wiping out smaller groups once territory wars start is fooling themselves. You're likely to just see groups put together kill squads for hideouts that run around knocking down unwanted hideouts while the big zergs handle the main battle duties. So nothing is going to change. If an unwanted hideout does actually make it through construction they'll just send a zerg instead of a kill squad. So I stand by my statements that the system is broken and needs incentive changes

I would bet all my nickels that if they're not negotiating it's because you're not even in the right ballpark to begin negotiations. For example, let's say our guild gave you access to our T8 zone. Let's be "generous" and say you would be able to gather 100 flat T8 per day. That's 1m+ silver without even accounting for enchanted. You would also have access to T7 spawns in the T8 zone. You would also have access to T8 fame farms. Let's be generous again and peg that value at 2m silver per day.

Are you even beginning negotiations at 60m silver per month?

And let's be perfectly honest, a "top" alliance would barely even entertain responding to negotiations at 60m silver per month for a T8 zone. It only seems like we're not interested in talking to you because small guilds aren't even operating in the same universe.

The devs even said that the spacing of the new black zone should give space to smaller guilds to operate at the lower tier zones. We're not going to bother you in your T5 zone. You make it sound like the objective of our guild is going to be running around for hours through T5 zones that have nothing to do with us knocking down hideouts for no purpose other than to grief you. I assure you that is a gargantuan waste of our time.
    • Tabor wrote:

Faintrespite out of curiosity why are you destroying those hideouts? If your zerg isn't placing hideouts there why do you care if someone else does? That is just called griefing and pointless really. In fact you are actively destroying your own future content by not allowing enemy bases at least somewhere near you. Do you not want fights and conflict?
      we destroy hideouts in our area for 2 reasons, 1 dominance and 2 fun its not griefing if you place hideouts in an area we consider too close to us and you are not at least friendly with us wh would we leave you alone. each one we leave makes you more powerful and guilds are competitive
    • Xyrdin wrote:

The problem is that even if its not a T7 or T8 zone the larger alliances aren't interested in negotiating because again like we've been saying in every post that you obviously haven't read. There is no incentive for them to allow other guilds hideouts. 1-3mil silver is worthless to a mega alliance. They want more bodies, more people to add to their multiple massive zergs. Doesn't matter if your "small guild" is 10 people or 200.
      Really? And I thought after the huge ninja nerf to alliances that season point sharing brought forth - this was exactly the case for alliances "not wanting" to take in any random guilds?!? However doing NAPs and operating together is still an option (and nobody is diluting your season points, if a small guild of 20-50 men is not interested in season stuff). As a matter of fact - due to point sharing - I saw a lot of smaller guilds (or PVP oriented guilds, but not season point oriented boring stuff, like mage raiding) getting kicked from alliances. It would only make sense that you could NAP and pay a tribute now.

Xyrdin wrote:

So my point was to make it more lucrative for smaller guilds to have hideouts by making it worth it to bigger alliances. Give them extra defense points to their hideout or have active small guilds contribute a % of their season points to the territory owner. Something other than just here is our garbage worthless to you silver tribute.
      yes - and tribute does exactly that. The season points are not diluted by some random guilds (who might be great at small scale PVP, but hate doing mages/castles), while they make it "lucrative" by paying tribute per day (but probably will be negotiating monthly numbers).

faintrespite wrote:

I would bet all my nickels that if they're not negotiating it's because you're not even in the right ballpark to begin negotiations. For example, let's say our guild gave you access to our T8 zone. Let's be "generous" and say you would be able to gather 100 flat T8 per day. That's 1m+ silver without even accounting for enchanted. You would also have access to T7 spawns in the T8 zone. You would also have access to T8 fame farms. Let's be generous again and peg that value at 2m silver per day.

And let's be perfectly honest, a "top" alliance would barely even entertain responding to negotiations at 60m silver per month for a T8 zone. It only seems like we're not interested in talking to you because small guilds aren't even operating in the same universe.

The devs even said that the spacing of the new black zone should give space to smaller guilds to operate at the lower tier zones. We're not going to bother you in your T5 zone. You make it sound like the objective of our guild is going to be running around for hours through T5 zones that have nothing to do with us knocking down hideouts for no purpose other than to grief you. I assure you that is a gargantuan waste of our time.
      ^ this! 100% (maybe lower your numbers a bit, but your math is in the right ballpark)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• faintrespite wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

A large alliance of course would not trade a 1m silver tribute to allow a small guild to have access to a T7 or T8 zone, that makes no economical sense.But that being said, I would recommend those of you who are actually interested in access to "big alliance" held zones to actually try diplomacy. Most of these guilds are going to have people dedicated just to handle these types of negotiations.
      The problem is that even if its not a T7 or T8 zone the larger alliances aren't interested in negotiating because again like we've been saying in every post that you obviously haven't read. There is no incentive for them to allow other guilds hideouts. 1-3mil silver is worthless to a mega alliance. They want more bodies, more people to add to their multiple massive zergs. Doesn't matter if your "small guild" is 10 people or 200. If they're a larger alliance and you're within 4-5 zones of where they operate they're going to attack you to prevent you from being in their "area". So my point was to make it more lucrative for smaller guilds to have hideouts by making it worth it to bigger alliances. Give them extra defense points to their hideout or have active small guilds contribute a % of their season points to the territory owner. Something other than just here is our garbage worthless to you silver tribute.Also, I think based on map control tactics of previous seasons anyone who seriously believes the larger alliances won't continue wiping out smaller groups once territory wars start is fooling themselves. You're likely to just see groups put together kill squads for hideouts that run around knocking down unwanted hideouts while the big zergs handle the main battle duties. So nothing is going to change. If an unwanted hideout does actually make it through construction they'll just send a zerg instead of a kill squad. So I stand by my statements that the system is broken and needs incentive changes

They aren't even opening the ball park. The first words outta their mouth is consistently always. No negotiations. And its still not T8 zones we tried to setup in. Everyone thinks we were going for some crazy important t7 or t8 zone. We weren't. Not by a long shot. So all your arguments are based on assumption that I'm the same argument as half the guys on here. I'm not. We went for a t6 zone that was it. And still were utterly obliterated by a massive 200 person zerg and told no negotiations would be had that we were trying to bark up the wrong tree.

As a matter of fact the guy they sent to negotiate with me didn't even understand the hideout system and thought another alliance was going to capture our hideout if they let it finish construction. So his literal reasoning was if it wasn't destroyed by them then we wouldn't be the problem another alliance would.
    • Xyrdin wrote:

As a matter of fact the guy they sent to negotiate with me didn't even understand the hideout system and thought another alliance was going to capture our hideout if they let it finish construction. So his literal reasoning was if it wasn't destroyed by them then we wouldn't be the problem another alliance would
      i think u dont understand it, while not captured u can be a 'front' for another guild fake guild places it then another guild uses it if you plan on placing a hideout you at least need to be competitive these tiny guilds are getting crushed and sorry for u but you have to get beat down to get good and if you arent interested in the season challenge there is little purpose to a guild, because ur really just using it as a friends list.
    • Xyrdin wrote:

They aren't even opening the ball park. The first words outta their mouth is consistently always. No negotiations. And its still not T8 zones we tried to setup in. Everyone thinks we were going for some crazy important t7 or t8 zone. We weren't. Not by a long shot. So all your arguments are based on assumption that I'm the same argument as half the guys on here. I'm not. We went for a t6 zone that was it. And still were utterly obliterated by a massive 200 person zerg and told no negotiations would be had that we were trying to bark up the wrong tree.

As a matter of fact the guy they sent to negotiate with me didn't even understand the hideout system and thought another alliance was going to capture our hideout if they let it finish construction. So his literal reasoning was if it wasn't destroyed by them then we wouldn't be the problem another alliance would.
      sounds like you ran into a dumb alliance in a wrong zone (wrong city location), who don't even know how the game works - so they are probably overcompensating for the lack of knowledge by being overly aggressive.

Those are the types that will probably get pushed out by other big fish in the region.

Another issue is that season has not even started, and most people (as in guild/alliance leaders) don't even know how much food they will need and how they will run their supply lines to feed the hideouts. So your best bet would be to wait a little (nobody said it was going to be easy - and nobody said you'd be able to place on day 1 or even week 1, although big problem of not being able to place is that Terries are not claimable yet)
    • Xyrdin wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

MarauderShields wrote:

Xyrdin wrote:

The problem is that even if its not a T7 or T8 zone the larger alliances aren't interested in negotiating because again like we've been saying in every post that you obviously haven't read. There is no incentive for them to allow other guilds hideouts. 1-3mil silver is worthless to a mega alliance. They want more bodies, more people to add to their multiple massive zergs. Doesn't matter if your "small guild" is 10 people or 200. If they're a larger alliance and you're within 4-5 zones of where they operate they're going to attack you to prevent you from being in their "area". So my point was to make it more lucrative for smaller guilds to have hideouts by making it worth it to bigger alliances. Give them extra defense points to their hideout or have active small guilds contribute a % of their season points to the territory owner. Something other than just here is our garbage worthless to you silver tribute.Also, I think based on map control tactics of previous seasons anyone who seriously believes the larger alliances won't continue wiping out smaller groups once territory wars start is fooling themselves. You're likely to just see groups put together kill squads for hideouts that run around knocking down unwanted hideouts while the big zergs handle the main battle duties. So nothing is going to change. If an unwanted hideout does actually make it through construction they'll just send a zerg instead of a kill squad. So I stand by my statements that the system is broken and needs incentive changes

Well part of the problem is your trying to drop a hideout in a small guild before the season even starts, I feel you will have much better luck after the season starts. Also in the patch today hideouts not finished don't show on the world map, Only on the N map when your in the cluster so it should be much easier to drop hideouts now. Though I still would wait for the season to start which will make bigger alliances much more busy.
    • someone earlier was talking about public hideouts for small guilds and solos, just wanted to point out Black Flag is opening murdergulch cross to the public excluding reset day and the first 30 minutes of primetime should someone bring aggression official posts will be coming out probably after reset day but the hideout is open currently i believe, correct me if thats not the case
    • I would just like to add that "big alliances will stick to T7-T8 zones, and smaller guilds will be able to fight in the low level ones" theory is complete and uttter bullshit. We now have less portal exits [Caerleon ones removed, each city got 3 down from 4+ they used to have] - from what I've seen it now makes more sense to just have a zerg or five roaming, or on the wait and a few scouts just running around portals collecting resources. Whenever a smaller guild goes out in numbers, the big alliances send out the zerg to clear them. This update has effectively locked smaller guilds out of black zones and forced them to flock onto the royal continent [which just made the maps more crowded and even less playable]. I think the person responsible for thinking up updates like this is someone they keep locked up in the basement, dreaming his dreams, without any knowledge of how real world and armed player conflict works.
    • Hi all folks,

So we completed a T6 Elite Dungeon yesterday in a few hours and while it was entertaining and fun experience in general, the whole party party thinks that this is still not worth it in terms of loot. Most of the party members had ~1300 (1250-1450) IP and we were cleaning pretty quickly. Yes, we had not prepared well and most people did not even know the strategy for bosses - that's why wipes were not uncommon. We were repairing gear using tables and spent around 1-3mil each on the repairs. At the end all we got was just a few flat T6 items, some cheap mats including artifact pieces and 1.5mil in fame credits.

All of us think that this is definitely not worth it. Ofc, if people get used to it and know the strategy we will die less, but this does not change the fact that the loot is still not worth it to fight for.

Another issue is still loot distribution - frequently people were not getting any single item at all, not even a rune.

Hopefully, you'd have a chance to have one more look at it. Ty.

The post was edited 2 times, last by wishr ().

• I think you are all wrong.

Once this is all established, small guilds simply can look for a nice T5 zone.

Then they send an email to the owner of the territory and ask nicely if they can seddle there.

The owner of course appreciate this and shows them a nice place where they can put their hideout and happily helps placing it.

The small guild pays 1 mil silver per month, and the mega Alliance is happy they have some company and someone trades low tier resources with them.

What the heck are you smoking??? I want the same
    • Coming to say that the new hide outs in maps system is still not even close to enough to help small guilds to have a chance of building their little spaces in the outlands. I am part of a strong alliance and i just needed a 30 mins travel around the lands we prettend to control to spot 5 new hide outs in phase 2 of construction and they all or most of them will be destroyed during phase 3 for sure.

I like to put in the others´ situation before commenting about anything and i have to say that although it is good for us because we can easily find ZvZ content this way, it is too hard for small/weak guilds to successfully get their own hide out. I mean why should those be called HIDE OUTS if they r so easy to spot by just opening a map a see a big radiant sign telling to everyone "HIDE OUT HERE!".

I gave this idea before and i would like to do it again because i really think it is the best way to handle this issue:

Hide outs should be totally invisible in the maps (even if u r in the same land like it is now) if you are a foreign in the land u attempt to inspect. They should only be visible for the players of the alliances that control the clusters regardless of where they are at, simulatting that the NPC guards make the hard work of patrolling and informing of enemies in the area.

During these off seasson days (when clusters have no owners) if it was like this, the only way to spot hide outs under construction would be literally going to inspect every single square meter of the lands which wouldnt make it impossible but actually much much harder than it is now and a lot more of guilds would have succeeded at building their hide outs.

I guess it is too late now even if it were implemented but this is the way it should be IMO.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Guilefulwolf ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

I think you are all wrong.

Once this is all established, small guilds simply can look for a nice T5 zone.

Then they send an email to the owner of the territory and ask nicely if they can seddle there.

The owner of course appreciate this and shows them a nice place where they can put their hideout and happily helps placing it.

The small guild pays 1 mil silver per month, and the mega Alliance is happy they have some company and someone trades low tier resources with them.

What the heck are you smoking??? I want the same
      No large guild/alliance will bat an eye for 1 mil a month, forget helping the guild place and protect the hideout during its construction. 1 mil a day would be more like it.
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • wishr wrote:

At the end all we got was just a few flat T6 items, some cheap mats and 1.5mil in fame credits.
      you guys didnt get any avalonian artifacts even?!?!?

wishr wrote:

All of us think that this is definitely not worth it. Ofc, if people get used to it and know the strategy we will die less, but this does not change the fact that the loot is still not worth it to fight for.
      Maybe 1 run is not a good point of data? Try running a few more - see if the loot fairy will be on your side?

Guilefulwolf wrote:

and they all or most of them will be destroyed during phase 3 for sure.
      There is no phase 3. (after phase 2 - the Hideout becomes completed, its built, you can enter it - and becomes invulnerable until the season starts).

Guilefulwolf wrote:

I mean why should those be called HIDE OUTS if they r so easy to spot by just opening a map a see a big radiant sign telling to everyone "HIDE OUT HERE!".
      They are Hideout because you can quickly Hide inside one of them and because its only 5x5 meters on the map, but you can store 100x100 worth of "city" inside of it.
    • The thing that is at the moment in planing is to my knowledge this..

Someone might create a guild called rent1 rent2 rent3..

And this someone is leading a mega Alliance

Now the alliance will take terries, and tolerate the slave guilds rent1..that are not in the alliance hideouts, and even defend it.

So it is not against season points, rent1 to rent 10 all will have 6 Hideouts, though not in mega alliance, mega alliance will defend it

Now small guilds can get a house in the rent1 hq or an entire hq. Rent 1 will give small guild exclusive access for 1week if small guild pays 10 mil per week and behaves.

If not, rent 1 denies simply access to small guild and locks

Same applies if small guild does anything against TOS of rent1

But this way small guilds can live in bz..

Simple bizness modell. Does not affect season points, generates 50 mil per hideout without recurring costs except food. Brings additional money for the craft station taxes, fuels a lot of money into ZvZ and gives a great snowball + season win

Side effect: complete control over all small guilds that rent there, else..hotel room is locked with your clothes inside..

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hollywoodi ().