Upcoming Changes to Hideouts, Elite Dungeons & Other Fixes

• Eltharyon wrote:

Second: Hideout durability and visibility

In addition, we're reviewing the durability of Hideouts of all levels to check if they need to be adjusted based on our data. If we make an adjustment, its likely to increase the durability of construction sites (which are possibly too weak) and slightly lower the durability of fully upgraded Hideouts (which are very strong right now).

These include (but are not limited to):

- A better way to control where you respawn when dying in the Outlands after visiting one of the "Rests" (we'll probably add a "Make Home" option to these locations, and otherwise they will not be considered respawn cities)

Sincerely,

Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Game Director
      Careful with the first change. People moved items worth billions of silver to the hidouts because they are "safe" and they want to live there. Dont make drastic changes. There has been no issues yet because of the high durability of the hideouts, there was not enough time for it. The only wrong thing is tha first construction phase.

About the second change, it should have been an hotfix 1 hour after the patch. You can delay sush things for a week. Whay if i enter one of those zones and die? Im gonna wait for the next patch to respawn at carleon?
    • If the place is called a hideout then let it be hidden? Why are you even able to see other guild hideouts? Why not just make us only see our guild and alliance hideouts?

Clearly you will scout the map and eventually run into enemy hideouts that you will then know are on the same tile.

Furthermore, I like how you sorted the portals to the Outlands but damn have this opened an option for bored zergs to just portal gang, You can't move a step without seeing Roach...I mean Arch kids all over the place. Guilds that have recruited everyone and their moms are just portal ganking 24/7 with a full zerg. Fame farming is made much harder now. I haven't tested elite dungeons myself just yet. The issues from previous few sentences prevent me from even sporting an idea of doing one. From what I see and hear from others it seems pretty much pointless to do them.

After the whole invasion theme we are now in a situation where Avalonians are locked away in some dungeon that you don't really wanna do and...well...from a force that was invading Caerleon they are now reduced to sitting in a basement.

The whole story behind the map change is also non existent. Uuuuuu...Avalonians are coming. Look they are all over the place now. They are invading now! Poof, they are now in a dungeon and the world map has changed. Insert confused face here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Worros ().

• Psycha wrote:

CAP guilds allowed in 1 alliance, CAP member count in guilds, CAP same guild/alliance blobs in zones.
      AGREED

cap an alliance to 2 guilds, consisnting of 300 people max per guild. JESUS is not that hard.

more diversity equals less dominance equals less manpower to grief, cmon SBI

but muh players online

if you want dominance make sure as guild leader that of the 300 guild members you have more them 10% are online on prime.
    • Tuloth wrote:

As a small guild player, I love the idea of Hideouts, but I think you're vastly under-estimating players desire to just be dicks. They don't need a reward or incentive other than screwing over other players.
      It's a full loot PvP game. The reward is killing people and getting their gear. It's literally the entire point of the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pokerfink ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Honestly what you guys ought to do is to let people keep their homes even after spawning at a city.

MMOLIFE wrote:

@Eltharyon From the developers standpoint, were hideouts and low level materials added to the outlands to reduce people from using royal cities more? I find having to suicide every night to work on my islands. I'd suggest a travel planner in the hide out similar to caerleon where you have to teleport naked to your island or other cities. Clearly people are going to suicide back if they have nothing to return back to the city at that time. It will just make more sense then bypassing with suiciding. Just don't allow teleporting to other hideouts and once you teleport to the city you can't teleport back to the hideout.

Any ideas on this?
      +1 to these ideas. The new black zone design means constantly running 7+ zones between the cities, hideouts, and rests. It's tedious. It's time consuming. It's not fun.

I understand that logistics are an important mechanic in the game, but there needs to be a balance between "logistics are important and add something to the game" and "this is a miserable experience." Right now it's the latter. I want to play the game, I don't want to play horse running simulator.
    • Benin wrote:

Psycha wrote:

CAP guilds allowed in 1 alliance, CAP member count in guilds, CAP same guild/alliance blobs in zones.
      AGREED
      cap an alliance to 2 guilds, consisnting of 300 people max per guild. JESUS is not that hard.

more diversity equals less dominance equals less manpower to grief, cmon SBI

but muh players online

if you want dominance make sure as guild leader that of the 300 guild members you have more them 10% are online on prime.
      Yep that sounds perfect, it will spread out the dominance and PvP for everyone, it wont stop people from trying to band alliances together but at least they have to worry about friendly fire at that point. It'll give players more of a chance to enjoy all content the game has to offer without the social difficulty of begging to get into a top alliance/guild to do the content or get protection.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Psycha wrote:

This is an interesting idea. Worth thinking/talking about but it all depends on what the intention of the developers is and the direction they want to take this game, which to me is not very clear (this could be me not having made enough effort to be informed).

Worros wrote:

If the place is called a hideout then let it be hidden? Why are you even able to see other guild hideouts? Why not just make us only see our guild and alliance hideouts?

Clearly you will scout the map and eventually run into enemy hideouts that you will then know are on the same tile.

Furthermore, I like how you sorted the portals to the Outlands but damn have this opened an option for bored zergs to just portal gang, You can't move a step without seeing Roach...I mean Arch kids all over the place. Guilds that have recruited everyone and their moms are just portal ganking 24/7 with a full zerg. Fame farming is made much harder now. I haven't tested elite dungeons myself just yet. The issues from previous few sentences prevents me from even sporting an idea of doing one. From what I see and hear from others it seems pretty much pointless.
      I agree that the name "Hideout" doesn't really fit so it gives the wrong expectation to players. It would do the name more justice if Hideouts were not visible on any kind of map ever, only when you are near it. Even then, I'd make the entrance look like an actual hideout. A tree stump, a well, a trench cover thing. Not just one entrance but multiple ones depending on the Hideout level.

Another problem imo that requires a lot more work is that there are too few portals to Outlands (three per city is not enough imo), the zones themselves are too small, and there aren't enough of them. In other words, the world is just too small. I'd make each tile twice as big and more than one portal in it.
    • Creating an NPC in ONE (and only one) of the guild's hideouts linked to the character's island.

With the following rules:

• Only elements of the guild that owns the hideout can use that teleport.
      • The connection is only between the one guild hideout and the character island.
      • Teleport is carried out without equipment and without loads (naked).
      • The guild leader has to choose which hiding place he wants the active mechanism in.
      • Only with the destruction of the hideout can a new teleport location be chosen in another hideout.
      In this way, the gameplay of the game is guaranteed, and no mechanism is created that could cause power projection. (unless an increase in the presence of players to defend their hideouts and this is not negative for the game as it represents more PvP and content in the game.)

• blappo wrote:

jojetski wrote:

I believe if you can't zvz for two days to get your hideout established you either aren't ready to be in the outlands OR you are picking to high level of a target. Just because you want to be in a t7/t8 zone
      big zergs are smashing all hideouts because they can, it gives them advantage they dont care what tier zone or how far from them it is.
      So if that were true ALL the time then we wouldn't have a hideout....but we have three at this point. We used strategy and 30 players were able to have 3 hideouts. I am sure Arch and some others are doing what you are saying so you might have to be creative to get it established.
      OneOfUsIsInvis: a NA PST Guild is recruiting: discord.gg/UCpTbfX
      OneOfUsIsInvis.com
    • Koobitz wrote:

So. It's super great you are getting around to fixing all the bugs. But what about the people who lost millions on the hideouts because large guilds just ran around attacking them and then trying to extort silver from people? So all these bugs making people lose stuff and getting people ganked is being fixed but what about some compensation? This is real world time put into the game taken away in mere minutes. I would like to see something done for those who suffered a bunch because of this update. Because it was hyped as the greatest newest things ever in Albion history and just like the Avalonian event it blows. A majority of people are not able to enjoy it because the game is currently broken. Those that do enjoy the game in numbers are probably busy making other people unhappy. The point of a hideout is to hide out. Not to be known to the entire world.
      Funny thing is people knew the season hadnt started, People knew there wasn't much content in the BZ currently because of terris and the season not being live. BUT people who couldn't defend there hideouts with numbers still dropped them. I don't feel it was a bug, It was more of just wanting it so bad you took the risk and well it didn't pay off. You should have waited for the season to start because I'm betting after the season starts people will have much more luck placing hideouts because large guilds will be busy fighting for terris. So in the end isn't it your fault for rushing?

EDIT PS. Many small guilds do have hideouts.....Wanna know why they have a hideout? They banded together and formed an alliance to help each other drop there hideouts. You have to work together if your going to make it before the season starts.
    • Make non alliated hide outs visible in the maps only if they are in any cluster our guild/alliance controls regardless of where we are at, and totally invisible in the maps if our guild/alliance doesnt control the cluster even if we are there.

This would make it much harder to spot hide outs out of our territories but easier to watch our already controlled ones at the same time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Guilefulwolf ().