Public hideout with crafting stations at Arthurs rest

• Public hideout with crafting stations at Arthurs rest

Hey gents,

To make center outland more accommodating, especially for the smaller guilds that might struggle with center access a small group of knights have made a little guild specifically to give access to crafting deep in the outlands.
      The guild is called "Arthurs house of crafting", and it has placed a public hideout just next to Arthurs rest (The southern npc city in outlands).

Right now there are 5 t7 stations, and saturday all stations will be placed.

We hope you will find this usefull, and help make Arthurs rest a great city, with a lot of life and a strong marketplace.

T8 stations will hopefully come eventually, and they will be crowdfunded meaning that any guild providing 300 t8 stone will receive associate rates on all stations in the hideout.
      This comes with a personal guarantie from me, that should the hideout be attacked you the crowdfunding guild will be reimbursed 90% of the stone that is left in the building (what owner gets for demolishing).

Associate rates will also be provided to an eventual territory owner, in the hopes of being allowed to keep the hideout running, and if attacked we hope to rally the patrons of Arthur to help keep the dream of outland living alive.

If you are into a bit of RP and would like to hang out to make Arthurs rest and the hideout a good and friendly experience in a harsh world you are more than welcome to join the guild. The requirement is that your char must have a name of a knights of the round table, and not one that is currently in the guild.

The knights of king Arthur will hang around Arthurs rest, and will help making you feel welcome in the small city of Arthur.

Right now food is also a rare commodity, and that stations will pay back 4 silver pr nutrition you bring, so if you travel by for a meal and safe passage you can also bring a bit of spare food to help the hideout and getting a bit of coin in the process.

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy life in Arthurs rest.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinatra.SUN ().

• Nice idea. But this kind of thing seems like it might immediately become a target -- with every guild out there swarming the area to pick people off.

Might I suggest creating an alliance for small guilds to freely join? That would make it even more convenient for smaller guilds and would provide some support against those coming to gank them.

If you don't want to do that... maybe someone else can?
    • Hopeful wrote:

Nice idea. But this kind of thing seems like it might immediately become a target -- with every guild out there swarming the area to pick people off.

Might I suggest creating an alliance for small guilds to freely join? That would make it even more convenient for smaller guilds and would provide some support against those coming to gank them.

You can get to and from Arthur's with a bubble, you can also get an invis buff in arthurs
    • Piddle wrote:

Hopeful wrote:

Maybe even... YOU!
      Be the change you want to see in the world. An arbiter of your own fate.
      I don't have the organizational skills. I'm in a guild of one and barely have the ability to keep that in order.

All I want to do is engage in solo PvP but that has become increasingly difficult over the course of this game's development. For now, I'm mostly sticking to the forums and the marketplace until something like solo hellgates are rolled out by the devs.
    • I would rather not support anyone who supports large scale ZvZ. Near all small guild have been wiped by the large alliances and large guilds. I shouldnt have to be taxed and forced to use your blackzone hideout because large scale guilds have wiped all the opportunities for small scale guilds or guilds that are new and growing. The fact people are supporting this is sad. The fact you are taxing players after wiping their chance to own a hideout is disgusting. Then coming on here like youre doing small scale players or starter guilds a favor.

"Right now food is also a rare commodity, and that stations will pay
      back 4 silver pr nutrition you bring, so if you travel by for a meal
      and safe passage you can also bring a bit of spare food to help the
      hideout and getting a bit of coin in the process."
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
      NA Guild, 22-10 UTC, English.
      A community for late NA and AUS players.
      Apply Here: https://discord.gg/mVEGPEM
    • Zorke wrote:

I would rather not support anyone who supports large scale ZvZ. Near all small guild have been wiped by the large alliances and large guilds. I shouldnt have to be taxed and forced to use your blackzone hideout because large scale guilds have wiped all the opportunities for small scale guilds or guilds that are new and growing. The fact people are supporting this is sad. The fact you are taxing players after wiping their chance to own a hideout is disgusting. Then coming on here like youre doing small scale players or starter guilds a favor.

Sometimes the conspiracy theory is just in your head.
    • Skarvah wrote:

Zorke wrote:

I would rather not support anyone who supports large scale ZvZ. Near all small guild have been wiped by the large alliances and large guilds. I shouldnt have to be taxed and forced to use your blackzone hideout because large scale guilds have wiped all the opportunities for small scale guilds or guilds that are new and growing. The fact people are supporting this is sad. The fact you are taxing players after wiping their chance to own a hideout is disgusting. Then coming on here like youre doing small scale players or starter guilds a favor.

Sometimes the conspiracy theory is just in your head.
      Is it a conspiracy theory when the map proves it? If you're going to monopolize the market then so be it. But don't act like you're doing the small guilds a favor. When at the end of the day you're forcing their hands.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

One constant in this life is that even in the presense of opportunity, there will always be some who keeps playing the victim card.

Nothing will really help them, nomatter how much their hand is being held.
      Please explain to me how hideouts handhold small scale guilds? Elaborate. Then explain to me what you're trying to say? Because that makes absolutely no sense at all.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Piddle wrote:

Zorke wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

One constant in this life is that even in the presense of opportunity, there will always be some who keeps playing the victim card.

@'Piddle
      Not seeing that at all, chief.
      Thats okay, others can.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Zorke wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Zorke wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@'Piddle
      Thats okay, others can.
      I suspect that what post people see is Sinatra trying to create a community, have some fun and contribute to the game in a positive way.

And of course you, who seeing what Sinatra is doing, decide that this is just the perfect place to air your grievances with regards to your unhappy video game life. Which for some unknown reason you seem to think Sinatra is at the root of?

This entire forum is full of threads already comprised of people having a good cry about this or that. You can even create your very own thread, in an appropriate forum, to have yourself your very own specific cry session. I know this for a fact, because I occasionally like to have myself a good cry about things that no one else cares about.

I am also an expert at looking foolish in public, and so I know it when I see it. Don't let this make you think I am telling you that you have to stop. It is a slow news week and I enjoy the light novel that is the AO forums.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Zorke wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Zorke wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

@'Piddle
      Thats okay, others can.
      I suspect that what post people see is Sinatra trying to create a community, have some fun and contribute to the game in a positive way.
      And of course you, who seeing what Sinatra is doing, decide that this is just the perfect place to air your grievances with regards to your unhappy video game life. Which for some unknown reason you seem to think Sinatra is at the root of?

This entire forum is full of threads already comprised of people having a good cry about this or that. You can even create your very own thread, in an appropriate forum, to have yourself your very own specific cry session. I know this for a fact, because I occasionally like to have myself a good cry about things that no one else cares about.

I am also an expert at looking foolish in public, and so I know it when I see it. Don't let this make you think I am telling you that you have to stop. It is a slow news week and I enjoy the light novel that is the AO forums.
      Yet, you continue to not, acknowledge anything I am saying and instead deflecting it to some in real life conflicting hypothesis?

This just indicates I am wasting my time responding to you. Have a good day.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • First people cried that hideouts were impossible to place for small or solo guilds because zergs and large alliances would take them down.

then i take that statement and decide to show that it is indeed possible and even in a very tricky place.
      The placement is chosen to accomodate the other set of tears which is that center outland living is only possible again for large alliances and zergs.
      And with a public hideout with crafting stations it is now possible tonlive fully selfsustained even as a solo player in the middle of the map.

do you not see that i am showing everyone that its possible?.

And we represent no alliance, and the place is surrounded by large alliances that could squash it in a second if they wanted.

so how is that possible?. Diplomacy and money basically. I reached out to the nearby leaders, presented the plan and offered them associate rates for letting me build the hideout. They might actually have let it happen without even getting that because it is also in their interest for their own members.

i fail to see where any extortion happens, but the point about paying for food was linked and i simply dont think the author understood what that means and how we actually offer to pay the player more for the food than it cost in royals as food is a massive problem in the outlands.

how this is extorting anyone is simply completely off and can only point at a decent level of trolling or simply complete lack of understanding of the game.

And yet you and others, even presented with facts keep playing the victim card, which could lead to a couple boomer jokes and all that - but ultimately it simply just shows that you wouldn't recognise opportunity even if it slapped you in the face

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinatra.SUN ().

• Well u are mixing a few things for whatever purpose.

Fact and that is good - you have successfully created with just 60 people blob and potentially a 200-300 man guild to establish a hideout or several hideout in a highly contest zone.

Congrats, but this is not a small guild achieving that because 60 man blob is a medium sized Zerg.

Regarding free stations - that is a nice move for the safe and crafting spot.

But this does not at all show that a small guild of 20-30 people can successfully establish and defend a hideout

I have some alts in small Alliance for some content. They are not good, they have failed their 9. Hideout, and are now trying to connect their Alliance to a mega alliance.

They are done with the indepency, they just would like to gather and have a chest and safe spot that cannot be turned away for whatever reason. And their only option as they are done after 9 attempts is to bend knee and look who takes their 800 casuals and gives them the option to play queen map not only in the hotspot of the portal gankers.

So alliance and guild consolidation at least for them has started

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Our guild of less then 200 members (30 active at max times) managed to put down with ease. And we did it on prime time. Maybe the place they try to put down was bad? Maybe they were greedy? For example our hideout was in a T5 zone next to T7 zones. There was a small guild who managed to put it down on a T7 zone, but they were contested after that, while no one contested us. We had 1 party which was max 20 people so no 60 man blob or so and we are not part of a big alliance. Alliance of 3 guilds which we are the biggest. Seeing all these whiners how they cannot put down hideouts makes me wonder if we got lucky or is every 10 man guild trying to seize a T7 zone. I think its okei if t7 zones are contested. Give it 10 days, gather money, recruit more, let the season begin and then start dropping the hideouts. Life gets much easier, look for T5 and T6 zones. Plenty of them have no hideouts still. Adapt not just whine. Ohh and to OP - good job, dont worry about those whiners, they will whine anyway, no matter what you do.