Did I just buy ArcheAge all over again?!

• Pagodin wrote:

its not question of its more... ITS 4 TIMES MORE at a MINIMUM

Hey Pagodin,

I think it is important to keep in mind that - while the relative difference in tax rates might matter - the absolute difference is key as well. If, say, a sword has an item value of 1000, then the tax difference between green and red would be 200 silver. What will matter is how much effort it is to get those 200 silver: do I have to kill 20 mobs for it? Or just 1? How long would it take me?

It is those absolute differences that become extremely important given that the overall silver cost of crafting is much lower now. If, for example, that extra silver would equate to on average 3 extra mobs to kill, would it not be worth it given that you can then craft in absolute safety? If, on the other hand, it would equate to killing another another 100 mobs (for the sake of the argument) then it might not be worth it at all.

Again, we will see how this plays out during the upcoming test and take it from there. See my post above.

All the best,
    Korn
  • Bercilak wrote:

1) Dont forget that they key component of an item are the resources. So this is actually the defining element for the price of an item!

1. Refining is MORE expensive than the craft itself.

2. More beneficial, or free vs 250,000 silver.

3. Balance sure, but when the whole system for doing your taxes is so backwards that you refer to %'s but the increase from Yellow cost to City cost is 400% not 5%-20%

4. Apologies as i said someone informed me and i cannot confirm this at the current time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Riot!1!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Mar 2nd 2015 - Hi @Pagodin ,

very good formatting. Makes it easy to quickly get what you are aiming for.
    Consider yourself as part of the pvp testing team (in case you want to)!

Kr,
    Stefan
  • Akasha wrote:

This is all fine and dandy when everyone starts at the same time. But 6 months into the game, it deters new players. Do you know how bad I wanted to get into EvE multiple times, but just completely got turned off by there being absolutely no way for me to get to the level I wanted to be within 6 months.

This creates a far bigger problem in disparity because it doesnt just affect powergamers/casuals. It affects when players started playing the game. And turns people away. I know from experience. I wanted eve badly but still wouldnt do it. There are tons out there that feel the same

I am still fairly new to the game starcraft 2 but I have thought about playing it competitively but what deters me from Starcraft 2 is that I am already years behind in skill of those koreans and just other grandmasters that have been playing the game since it first started. This simply deters me from ever playing the game and starcraft 2 does not use a labor system. It is pure skill but there is just too much to learn.

There is always an advantage for the person who starts a game before someone else. It will also take time to beable to reach your goals whether it is purely skill based or because time gates limit you. I think giving up on a game simply because you cannot reach the top fast enough is not the best of arguments for this situation. The Learning points in Albion Online are not the only dynamic to the game. If you take them out, you still have other challanges such as grinding the fame, gathering resources, gaining access or constructing the buildings needed to craft the high tier items to compete with other players. All these things will take a fair bit of time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Devious ().

• Korn wrote:

a sword has an item value of 1000, then the tax difference between green and red would be 200 silver. What will matter is how much effort it is to get those 200 silver: do I have to kill 20 mobs for it? Or just 1? How long would it take me?

And City ? Island ?
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Kr,
    Stefan
  • Ok, i get that the red zone is Free, Yellow is 5% and City is 20% and island is 30%

yeah its nice and friendly on a small scale like 1 guy make 1 sword that is valued 1000s.

0, 50, 200, 300.

Now you have to make 50 swords... Then the swords are 100,000...

Atleast stop using the %'s and come out and say, you want the City to pay 4 times more than the yellow zone and islands to pay 6 times more.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Kr,
    Stefan
  • I am fretting about the %'s you are using

400% increase from Yellow to City !!!
    600% from Yellow to Island

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Riot!1!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Kr,
    Stefan
  • Honostly, anything that allows City crafters to compete on the same market with the yellow/red zone crafters.

They would cry if it was a 20% increase as being too low i bet.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Kr,
    Stefan
  • ok taxes are red zone 0%, yellow 5%, city 20%, island 30%. City costs 400% more than yellow, island costs 600% more then yellow.

If you think that a 5%-20% increase is ok at 400% price increase. good for you.

Im going to sleep. I will be back tomorrow with the same issue.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Riot!1!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) Riot!1!

Kr,
    Stefan