Most efficient way to play.

• Most efficient way to play.

Just started playing a few days ago. Definitely hooked. Been reading a lot and watching videos trying to learn. I'm playing the game but likely not very well. I also bought a 3-month premium. After watching the videos, I was thinking maybe I need a 2nd character. One that is 100% gatherer/crafter. Play him for a few days, then switch to my fighter. Rinse repeat.

I'm thinking the life points would be spent with purpose and no waste, and it would give some play variety every couple of days? :?:
    • Welcome to AO,

your thoughts about a second character are nearly right BUT to get the most out of it you need to get premium status for the second aswell.

A character with premium subscription will get 20 learning points per day. On your main you could use those points to level up the gear you want to fight with and on your second char you could use them to level up a gathering profession.

Due to the focus point regeneration of 10.000 per day and the maximum of 30.000 focus points you should play them quite simultaneous.
    • Shawesome wrote:

Welcome to AO,

your thoughts about a second character are nearly right BUT to get the most out of it you need to get premium status for the second aswell.

A character with premium subscription will get 20 learning points per day. On your main you could use those points to level up the gear you want to fight with and on your second char you could use them to level up a gathering profession.

Due to the focus point regeneration of 10.000 per day and the maximum of 30.000 focus points you should play them quite simultaneous.
      I just read an article on focus points. I saw how they were used in crafting. What else is focus used on?
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Shawesome wrote:

Welcome to AO,

I just read an article on focus points. I saw how they were used in crafting. What else is focus used on?
      Focus points can be used for crafting, refining and farming (personal island).

Here is the link to the official wiki page.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Just started playing a few days ago. Definitely hooked. Been reading a lot and watching videos trying to learn. I'm playing the game but likely not very well. I also bought a 3-month premium. After watching the videos, I was thinking maybe I need a 2nd character. One that is 100% gatherer/crafter. Play him for a few days, then switch to my fighter. Rinse repeat.

I'm thinking the life points would be spent with purpose and no waste, and it would give some play variety every couple of days? :?:
      If you are just starting out, I think you should stick to one character. Try out all the activities in the game a little. When you figure out what you really enjoy doing, go hard on that one thing with your time and LP. If you then decide you either want to spend more time playing or doing other things. Then get another character and focus on another activity.
      Discord: Piddle#7413

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Yeah start out by playing on a single character, get to know the game. Find out which build you want to start with, figure out if you're gonna be playing with groups or solo and base your build on that.
      Eventually find someone you can ask questions if you may have concerns. I'd also recommend you to gather if you want to, but put focus on 1 and get that as high as possible, that'll be very profitable at a later time.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I will play one character for a while. I already know I'm too diversified though, so I will stop crafting. My next character will be the crafter. The best way to transfer supplies and money to an alt is to sell him stuff on the market with an inflated price?
      If you have an island, you can build a chest and give both your characters access to it to transfer items. For money, you can either store it as gold, which is accessible by the whole account, or else give both characters co-owner access to your island and then build any crafting station. Stations have a mechanic to pay for nutrition that allows you to store silver in them. If both players have co-owner access to the island, they can both claim the station and get access to the silver stored there.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I will play one character for a while. I already know I'm too diversified though, so I will stop crafting. My next character will be the crafter. The best way to transfer supplies and money to an alt is to sell him stuff on the market with an inflated price?
      If you have an island, you can build a chest and give both your characters access to it to transfer items. For money, you can either store it as gold, which is accessible by the whole account, or else give both characters co-owner access to your island and then build any crafting station. Stations have a mechanic to pay for nutrition that allows you to store silver in them. If both players have co-owner access to the island, they can both claim the station and get access to the silver stored there.
      That is great information. I'm not yet into one of the cities that can do farms. Soon though.
    • Important in AO, there is no final goal. The journey is the goal and get the most fun for you outa it.

I made a lot of mistakes myself here...

Rush 100 mastery.. nonsense just use a bit higher gear

Expensive gear - nah it is the skill that decides and the counter gear.. oh and of course numbers..

Take for example the rush to 500 most say 400 but it is 500.. it is 15 % now More damage max..

If u dodge one skillshot or block it u on par..

There is no goal except play and have fun