How much time commitment is necessary to be relevant / have fun in this game?

• How much time commitment is necessary to be relevant / have fun in this game?

Howdy, and thanks for entertaining my question.

I'm a casual player that can expect to put in around 15h a week into gaming, usually. When I do that, I want to have fun / a good challenge / quality social interactions in the game I'm playing. I wonder if I can expect that from Albion? Something similar I get from MOBAs, for example.

I know that the game is free BUT allows payment for the convenience of more rapid advancing, which is fine for me if by paying the subscription (and even something extra) I can avoid grinding gear or XP / collecting materials, as that's never what I want to do in my game time. Then again, if the game is really fun for me and has me motivated to put in 60h a month in it, it's easily worth $50/month, as I pay more than that for AAA titles that I play less.

With that being said, is it realistic to expect that given my thinking above I could have fun playing, find a guild that I relevantly contribute to, and not feel like I'm fighting OP Gods in other players?

What is a casual player expected to pay in this game for a fun time?
    • Its hard to answer such questions, cause it may differ from person to person. Some might have fun with 5h/weeks. Others need over 40 hours.
      Also it seems like nowadays people are used to the korean p2w games, where you can be "OP god" thanks to your wallett, and destroy newbies with your +15 Nightmare Blade of Shitstorm (legendary quality) bullshit.
      It is pretty sad.
      Back then we just jumped in to online mmos ( after 10h of downloading 1Gb), did not care about how to have fun/ be competitive. We simply had fun, that's it. It is sad that p2w model is the standard.
      But well, Albion Online is not such a game. Cause you lose your equipment on death, and Specs dont matter much, you cant be an unkillable monster, roflstomping noobs. Even if you pay thousands of bucks.
      There are lot of videos on youtube when content creators/streamers kill such flexers, and loot their expensive shit.
      So back to your question, daily 1,5 hours is enough to have fun, atleast for me selling stuff to the blackmarket is really chillin.
      Cheers!
    • Hey there @AhnDray and welcome to the forums!

Everyone's really busy with the latest update, so I'll answer some of your questions.

AhnDray wrote:

I'm a casual player that can expect to put in around 15h a week into gaming, usually. When I do that, I want to have fun / a good challenge / quality social interactions in the game I'm playing. I wonder if I can expect that from Albion? Something similar I get from MOBAs, for example.
      There are plenty of casual players in-game with good guilds, you'll have fun depending on what your guild focuses on (PVE, PVP, Dungeons, Hellgates, etc). The best advice here is to search for a Guild that suits your timezone and play style.

AhnDray wrote:

With that being said, is it realistic to expect that given my thinking above I could have fun playing, find a guild that I relevantly contribute to, and not feel like I'm fighting OP Gods in other players?
      That's definitely a strong YES in my opinion.

AhnDray wrote:

What is a casual player expected to pay in this game for a fun time?
      It's hard to quantify an amount to determine how much fun you'll have in-game. It's a good idea to have premium status on your first month. The boost will help develop your character and you'll have a better idea on what type of activities you'd like to spend your time in.

Best of luck and feel free to ask any questions here.
    • Hey,

In Albion Online you sometimes have to grind and farm a lot.
      Actually, I would say that 15 hours a week should be enough to enjoy the game. However, it takes quite a while to perfect something in the game.You wrote that you tend not to like grind and farm - that could be a problem in Albion Online.
      You are not forced to farm any materials, but you will not be able to avoid grinding because you need to level up your equipment (specializations).

You can buy Premium for your character, which will help you level up your gear faster / get more materials while farming. Here is the link for the official wiki page about Premium.

I hope I could help you a little. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them here.