The Zerg to slay the Queen Update

• The Zerg to slay the Queen Update

Dear SBI,

I am back on the forums, typing another message to greater albion online's gameplay and community. As everyone
      knows the queen update has now been launched releasing many of great concepts including Hideouts, cGvG league, and
      one large diverse but equal black zone. Everyone on one continent battling for content. Great content update, much needed
      for the game and community.

This update was much expected to be great for starter guilds trying to grow, and larger ZvZ forces to have a chance at
      territory control. Territory control was a needed change so a small amount players were not holding down all the T8 zones
      by themselves. Which is fine, switch it up see how territory control changes with ZvZ. With all the content added there will
      be many fueds and contests to get access to them zones. Which is in fact amazing for the game!

Though with the update there are flaws. The Hideouts being the major issue with the update. The concept of them
      is amazing! Small guilds can now have an opportunity to flourish and grow in the zerg filled game. But sadly the functions and
      how they operate are very one sided. The fact that they are visible on the open world map, in zone map, and mini map are
      extremely vulnerable to heavy zerg sizes. Guilds and alliances that can pull 30+ players alone. Not only are the so visible,
      they are also more visible than war camps and static dungs. It also tells you its level, is current status and its location on
      the map.

Yes, we get that we want the Hideouts to be visible and vulnerable at the building stage of the hideout. But when a known
      guild and/or alliance is able to scout your hideout by either zoning into the zone, or just clicking on the zone from the
      open world map then whats the point of calling it a hideout! The point I am getting at is that it is extremely easy for the
      massive alliances and guilds already built over time to continue to stomp on the growing guilds in the open world.

No new player is interested in joining a guild that has no territories or isn't in an alliance with a guild with territories, let alone
      cant have a Hideout. Additionally, with the removal/ limited amount of war camps accessible to the game now, so banking isn't a
      option for small scale guilds. Unless! They join an alliance or apply to be in an alliance. Therefor forcing the zerg meta some more
      and that guild will have little to no chance to grow.

With this feature poorly executed this will affect the player base a lot. Many of guilds that have attempted to make a presence
      on the map and have been wiped due to the already established guilds and alliances in the game. This is extremely unfortunate
      and the player base/ community is going to take a hit for it. I additionally heard that the DEVs (which this is not confirmed) but
      the DEVs think it will be easier for small guilds to place hideouts upon territory control unlocking. This is 100% not the case at all.
      With these guilds owning the zone will make it even easier for the to manage which hideouts are aloud and which are not.

I really hope there is something in order to fix this or this post is eye opening enough for you to fix this. No player base growth
      will be steady after a month of gameplay, it will drop back to the old alliances running things and no new blood in the game. Large
      alliances/ guilds will never be at risk of losing a castle SQUAK or Hideout in the game. What is the point of a open world full loot
      pvp game if they are at is no risk at losing.

To remove the enjoyment of zerging players down add multiple features I heard/ read suggested around on streams and forum
      posts. The higher amount of players damaging smaller guilds the less loot they receive. Increase the trash chance. This goes with
      ganking. If you're ganking with 10 players ganking 1-3 players. Increase the trash chance to 80%. Boom no incentive for players to
      zerg at all. Thank JonahVeil for that input, really good idea. The fact that people are forced into large scale alliances and zergs is
      insane.

The map is so large that its no large battles. Each large alliance and guild is holding down their corners of the map zerging
      small guilds. Anyways this is my view on the update. Take it as you want. Hopefully there is a hotfix so we dont lose the players.
      Good job on the servers on queen launch no lag issues as we known to happen in past updates. Other than that if you have read
      this far and agree with my comments feel free to like the post so we can bring it to the attention of the DEVs. But as I look at the
      forums a lot of players feel this way. If you disagree to the post comment why, and mention what guild or alliance youre in because
      youre most likely in a large Zerg and haven't seen it from the other side.

ggs,
      Zorke

EDIT:

Wanted to add the fact that hideouts are so far out of reach. That you have a BA member building and exploiting the zerg factor of
      owning a hideout for public use. That's something we call a Monopoly in the real world. Anyone willing to support his hideout
      functionality is apart of the problem.

Every general forum post upset over hideouts. Please fix this soon or youre going to lose not only players but customers.
      - Hideouts: Not at all a Hide.
      - Hideouts suggestions
      - This is the last WARNING for the future of ALBION
      - Hideout Being Stolen
      - There was a critical forum post yesterday about hideouts where a lot of players (small scale guilds) were upset
      over the fact they will never have a hideout. But the post has now been removed.

EDIT 2:

clips.twitch.tv/TemperedGlutenFreeGrasshopperRalpherZ

EDIT 3:

yaga.sk/killboard/battle.php?id=63230300
      So about 160 POE players and 180 SQUAK

If a small scale guild is supposed to defend off those type of numbers to protect their un-built hideout then you're crazy.

EDIT 4:
      Not only have BA decided to capitalize on the "hideouts" (outposts) control but SUN is as well. Welcome to the monopoly of hideouts.

- Public hideout with crafting stations at Arthurs rest
      - Public Hideout - LF Small Guilds, Solo players, Traders

Enjoy paying for the use of large alliances/ guilds black zone "hideout" crafting stations. Remember they are the ones who zerged your
      hideouts and they are the reason you wont be able to enjoy the hideout feature of the game. Unless you pay them or you join their alliance.

EDIT 5:

Upcoming Changes to Hideouts, Elite Dungeons & Other Fixes

Though this is a step in the right direction, I still do not believe this will solve the problem. Since there are only a select few zones active for
      hideout placement at a time. It will still be easy to leave a member in each zone or scout each of the zones. Without physically needing to go
      around the zone to locate a "hide"out. Even add a sound loud enough players can listen for similar to random dungs sounds so players will be like
      "wtf? is that noise?" then locate the hideout.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
      NA Guild, 22-10 UTC, English.
      A community for late NA and AUS players.
      Apply Here: https://discord.gg/mVEGPEM

The post was edited 5 times, last by Zorke: Update. ().

• pff this what i am trying to say ! Small guilds cannot survive in current state hideoutsa re good and create content, but huge allies just walk over and deestroy them for fun. We need hideouts - hide ! we need better system for defending them or make them cheaper so anyone can rebuild. I pay 15 mil for t1 hideout and 25 mil for t2 hideout there is not much guilds that can survive long on this prices. make hideouts cheaper so new guilds can actually afford them losing. Right now if new guild get his hideout destroyed they cannot gather and FF since there is not warcamp in high end zones...

also remove portal locks. Bring old system for locks, we dont want each guild just stay in 3 zones and dont enjoy the whole map...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sas3bg ().

• Sas3bg wrote:

pff this what i am trying to say ! Small guilds cannot survive in current state hideoutsa re good and create content, but huge allies just walk over and deestroy them for fun. We need hideouts - hide ! we need better system for defending them or make them cheaper so anyone can rebuild. I pay 15 mil for t1 hideout and 25 mil for t2 hideout there is not much guilds that can survive long on this prices. make hideouts cheaper so new guilds can actually afford them losing. Right now if new guild get his hideout destroyed they cannot gather and FF since there is not warcamp in high end zones...

also remove portal locks. Bring old system for locks, we dont want each guild just stay in 3 zones and dont enjoy the whole map...
      I tried to explain in a long way but you were rude and denial.In the end you are defending my claim, happy that you understood
    • Zorke wrote:

The fact that they are visible on the open world map, in zone map, and mini map are
      extremely vulnerable to heavy zerg sizes.

Yep. :( If a big guild or alliance wants to have the exclusive privilege of owning a hideout in an area, they should have to work to scout for competition. After all, they have the numbers to do it.

The barrier to entry to hideouts is simply far too high.
    • Keegers wrote:

Zorke wrote:

If you're ganking with 10 players ganking 1-3 players. Increase the trash chance to 80%. Boom no incentive for players to

zerg at all.
      This isnt going to stop ganking with 10+ people. I gank for the salty tears not the gear, I could easily make more silver per hour doing HG or any other activity. Ganking is for fun and PVP fame.
      Ganking isn't fun if you're not getting loot lol wut
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Zorke wrote:

Ganking isn't fun if you're not getting loot lol wut
      Kill mails > loot all day. Any loot is just an extra reward. Its about starting open world pvp.

For example: Look at WoW open world pvp in classic. You gank a few lowbies and soon enough a lv60 party shows up for pvp.

Looping back to AO, its all about bringing content to you, gank a few alliance members and soon enough you got some ZvZ content.

The game is what you make it, if your goal is collecting a hoard of silver never to be used go for it. My goal is to create content and kill some peeps. Any loot is just an extra bonus
      Bad at the game
    • Guys queen just launched and it launched without terris going live for another 10 or 11 days and the season hasn't started, This has made BZ content really stale and in return Hideouts are getting all the action. Once the terris and season goes live Big alliances will be much more busy with having to defend terri's and attacking terris also castle and Outposts will mean something because castle and outposts mean nothing inless its sunday and the loot is spawning because pts don't count yet, This is making hideouts for small guilds really hard to place and small guilds should just wait a bit for terris and season to go live. Once that happens I believe guilds will be-able to place hideouts much easier since there will be other content to do. SBI fucked up by making us wait so long for content in the BZ, The season should have started right after queen OR at the very least terris should have been claimable even without the season starting.
    • Zorke wrote:

This is 100% not the case at all.
      With these guilds owning the zone will make it even easier for the to manage which hideouts are aloud and which are not.

Neef wrote:

Guys queen just launched and it launched without terris going live for another 10 or 11 days and the season hasn't started, This has made BZ content really stale and in return Hideouts are getting all the action. Once the terris and season goes live Big alliances will be much more busy with having to defend terri's and attacking terris also castle and Outposts will mean something because castle and outposts mean nothing inless its sunday and the loot is spawning because pts don't count yet, This is making hideouts for small guilds really hard to place and small guilds should just wait a bit for terris and season to go live. Once that happens I believe guilds will be-able to place hideouts much easier since there will be other content to do. SBI fucked up by making us wait so long for content in the BZ, The season should have started right after queen OR at the very least terris should have been claimable even without the season starting.
      This will not be the case large guilds/ alliances will not allow them to get passed the building stage because it will be way too much trouble to destroy it after. Never, not until the game is dead again and no one is paying attention, which is the wrong time to be allowing this to happen. This is when the DEVs should be pushing to help the smaller guilds. Thats more outreach and pockets for the devs to access to support their game.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Zorke wrote:

Zorke wrote:

This is 100% not the case at all.

Neef wrote:

Guys queen just launched and it launched without terris going live for another 10 or 11 days and the season hasn't started, This has made BZ content really stale and in return Hideouts are getting all the action. Once the terris and season goes live Big alliances will be much more busy with having to defend terri's and attacking terris also castle and Outposts will mean something because castle and outposts mean nothing inless its sunday and the loot is spawning because pts don't count yet, This is making hideouts for small guilds really hard to place and small guilds should just wait a bit for terris and season to go live. Once that happens I believe guilds will be-able to place hideouts much easier since there will be other content to do. SBI fucked up by making us wait so long for content in the BZ, The season should have started right after queen OR at the very least terris should have been claimable even without the season starting.
      This will not be the case large guilds/ alliances will not allow them to get passed the building stage because it will be way too much trouble to destroy it after. Never, not until the game is dead again and no one is paying attention, which is the wrong time to be allowing this to happen. This is when the DEVs should be pushing to help the smaller guilds. Thats more outreach and pockets for the devs to access to support their game.
      How do you know? I belive big guilds wont care about zones not close to the center because they will be to busy with trying to defend and attack terris near the center, Which in return makes the outter zones safer for smaller guilds to fight for terris and hideouts in the outter zones, You cannot forsee what will happen before it happens, We will just have to wait and see and once all the content is avaiable then we will really know and if its still a major issue, Then maybe and only then should a change be made. But making a change before all the systems are live and up and running is pre-mature.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

How do you know?
      As I stated in the other thread, I've already been part of destroying many new hideouts for small guilds (and I'm not in a big alliance). It's incredibly easy to do.
      True, we were placing and we made a deal with other small guild aswell. 100+ player destroyed our and their hideout in just 6 mins. We were 15 and they were 20, and the zone was t5.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

How do you know?
      As I stated in the other thread, I've already been part of destroying many new hideouts for small guilds (and I'm not in a big alliance). It's incredibly easy to do.
      You just made my fucking point dude, People are attacking HIDESOUT BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO ATTACK IN THE FUCKING BACK ZONE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE GUES WHAT THE SEASON IS NOT LIVE YET AND TERRIS ARE NOT LIVE YET WHICH MEANS THERE ISN'T SHIT TO FIGHT OVER YET OTHER THEN HIDEOUTS FOR FUCK SAKE. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS.

We need all the systems live and the season to be live before we can know how the BZ will really work. We don't know what guilds and alliances will do.We don't know if big alliances will focus on only the center or if they will try to take everything, THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS WE JUST DON'T know yet, Everything is just pre-mature. Once the systems are all up and running and only then will we know what needs to be changed.
    • Neef wrote:

How do you know? I belive big guilds wont care about zones not close to the center because they will be to busy with trying to defend and attack terris near the center, Which in return makes the outter zones safer for smaller guilds to fight for terris and hideouts in the outter zones, You cannot forsee what will happen before it happens, We will just have to wait and see and once all the content is avaiable then we will really know and if its still a major issue, Then maybe and only then should a change be made. But making a change before all the systems are live and up and running is pre-mature.
      Ignoring to change it right now will make small guilds want to quit the game. There is no chance for them to succeed. All that risk out in zones not near the center. Its not the lack of content large alliances are zerging small guilds for. Its the danger to them not being able to control the amount of hideouts being placed. If they let them be fully built, it will take so much effort for them to remove them. Not only do they have to spend 2 days for the terri to be taking over, but they would have to spend another 2 days zerging the hideouts.

Yes players will be able to place the hideouts easier later on, but will those players be around to do so? If you're a company and you're going to have a huge content release but not letting your target audience to be able to enjoy it. Then why release it in the state its in. At the end of the day its a business shooting itself in its foot.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

How do you know?
      You just made my fucking point dude, People are attacking HIDESOUT BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO ATTACK IN THE FUCKING BACK ZONE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE GUES WHAT THE SEASON IS NOT LIVE YET AND TERRIS ARE NOT LIVE YET WHICH MEANS THERE ISN'T SHIT TO FIGHT OVER YET OTHER THEN HIDEOUTS FOR FUCK SAKE. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS.
      We need all the systems live and the season to be live before we can know how the BZ will really work before we really see what guilds and alliances will do if big alliances will focus on only the center or if they will try to take everything, THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS WE JUST DON'T know yet, Everything is just pre-mature. Once the systems are all up and running and only then will we know what needs to be changed.
      My friend, as you know this is player driven economy and game, taking advantage of something for 10 days means billions. They didnt take care of vasort and cartel on time and it caused us high gold price ( till now) , gold sink patches more and more, you cant test things in the living environment if you dont reset it. Testing is for test servers or beta alphas, if you test in a living server, you are destroying the balance ( look at the t6 armor and weapon prices they are just gone)

You may ask to yourself so what what happens when you have billions? Vasort has between 5-10 million golds !?!?!?! He supported blue army when june won the season! He affacted the entire season by just donating gold