[RELEASE] Discord Assistant Bot Emilie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [RELEASE] Discord Assistant Bot Emilie

Meet the Assistant
      A Discord bot that fetch market prices from the Albion Online Data Project.

Emilie's prices are no longer updated currently. Please refer to this post. (RESOLVED)

Invite Emilie to your Discord server (Status: Online)

Github

Background

This was originally a bot I made for my trading-focused guild, and have served us well for many months.
      As I had been away from the game for quite a while, I am releasing the source of the bot so that the community can improve upon, or implement their own bots.
      Instructions for hosting your own bots are provided on the github README.

Thanks to the Albion Online Data Project, and the many players who downloaded and run the data project client while playing the game, market price data are logged and shared freely with players. You might have benefited from the data project when you are looking up the price of items in AlbionOnline2D.
      What this Discord bot does is to provide the same data, but through Discord.
      With addition to fetching the latest minimum sell order prices of an item, the Assistant also plots the historical prices for the past 7 days, so that you can feel like a market analyst.
      The Assistant will try to understand your queries (notice the typo for 'leather' in the screenshot above), and also provide suggestions for other items that are close to your query.

More information on the Github repository.

Features

emilie price <item name>

Returns lastest minimum sell order prices and plots past 7 days historical prices.

emilie quick <item name>

Same as the previous command, but skip the plotting of past 7 days historical prices. (Faster)

emilie search <option> <player/guild name>

Search for information about a player or a guild.
      <option> can be either 'player' or 'guild'.
      Screenshot: Player Search
      Screenshot: Guild Search

There are some other features that you can read about them in the github README:

Admin:
      • Load/Unload/Reload cogs
      • Python eval and exec commands
      Unused:
      • Welcome messages to newly joined users
      • Send direct messages to all guild members
      • Fetch/Edit data on guild's Google Sheets
      The unused features are features that are specific to my guild, i.e. fetching or editing our Google Sheets with a list of members, our guild island's buy and sell orders etc.
      The source codes for them are still provided, so you can refer to them if you want to extend the functionalities of the bot.

Contribute

It will be great if in addition to implementing/improving your own bots, you are willing to help contribute to the Assistant bot.
      There are some planned features that I have yet to find the time to implement:
      • Different localization for searches. (Currently only English)
      • Item search that gives information for the item, such as the recipes etc.
      • Include more locations for price fetching. Blackzone auction houses etc.
      If you don't know how to program but wish to contribute, you can download and run the Data Project Client while playing the game.
      With more people using the client, the prices will be more updated, and this bot would not be the only tool that can benefit from it.

Credits and Thanks

Of course huge thanks goes to the Albion Online Data Project for making this possible.
      You can donate to Broderick, the developer here.

Also, thanks to Tools4Albion that provided a list of the game's API that is used by the bot for player and guild search.

And finally, thanks to the developers of discord.py, who made making a Discord bot convenient and accessible.
      Guild: Pangolin Trading Company
      (https://discord.gg/SvTJhPZ)

Discord: Matcha (Matcharo)#2163

The post was edited 4 times, last by MatchaBear ().

• Yes, it can be done. I will add the black market sell orders soon, it escaped my mind when I was setting the locations.
      I'm not very familiar with the black market, but would people prefer to know the sell order prices of the black market, or would they prefer the buy orders?
      Perhaps I can also make another command to query buy orders in all markets, it will probably come with another feature update when I implement support for searches with different language localization.

• MatchaBear wrote:

Yes, it can be done. I will add the black market sell orders soon, it escaped my mind when I was setting the locations.
      I'm not very familiar with the black market, but would people prefer to know the sell order prices of the black market, or would they prefer the buy orders?
      Perhaps I can also make another command to query buy orders in all markets, it will probably come with another feature update when I implement support for searches with different language localization.
      Sell, Buy is pretty useless for BM
    • Urokai wrote:

How do we search for the item by the tier?

like a T4.1 adept's cleric robe?
      The bot compare your queries with the item's LocalizedNames (currently only EN-US localization) and the item's UniqueName, and find the closest match and give the next 3 closest matches as suggestions below.
      When you search for items with different enchantments, very often you will see the suggestions looking like this:

Suggestions:
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@1)
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@2)
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@3)

The one in the brackets are the UniqueNames, and they are unique for different enchantments.
      So to search for T4.1 version of the cleric robe, you would have to search t4 armor cloth set2@1, since it's LocalizedNames are the same for different enchantments.

I should also mention that:
      1.) searches are case insensitive
      2.) underscores make little difference
      3.) you can call the bot either with emilie, Emilie, or e!, or @mention the bot if you find yourself making typos constantly when typing emilie.

• MatchaBear wrote:

Urokai wrote:

How do we search for the item by the tier?

like a T4.1 adept's cleric robe?
      The bot compare your queries with the item's LocalizedNames (currently only EN-US localization) and the item's UniqueName, and find the closest match and give the next 3 closest matches as suggestions below.When you search for items with different enchantments, very often you will see the suggestions looking like this:

Suggestions:
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@1)
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@2)
      Adept's Cleric Robe (T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@3)

The one in the brackets are the UniqueNames, and they are unique for different enchantments.
      So to search for T4.1 version of the cleric robe, you would have to search t4 armor cloth set2@1, since it's LocalizedNames are the same for different enchantments.

I should also mention that:
      1.) searches are case insensitive
      2.) underscores make little difference
      3.) you can call the bot either with emilie, Emilie, or e!, or @mention the bot if you find yourself making typos constantly when typing emilie.
      Thank u i am using "T4_ARMOR_CLOTH_SET2@1"
    • Urokai wrote:

Is there a date to release black market information?
      The sell orders for Black Market is already added. But there are not as much data for it, so it is very likely that it is not listed for most items you searched.
      You can refer to the changelog on github to stay up to date with new changes and features.

I also apologise if the bot is slow to react. I did not expect so many people to use the bot, and the bot cannot really handle so many requests at once. But I will eventually update it to an actual production server, so it can handle multiple requests at a single time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatchaBear ().

• Sgtbloodelf wrote:

Would there be any way to add City prices even in estimates? Always a pain when market is good but Sell base is bad
      Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
      Here is an example of what data the bot is available to for an item.
      And here is the hourly averages of the sell orders for the same item in the past 7 days.

The hourly averages/historical data are not very useful right now, besides the plotting of the graph. I think it's better to estimate the average prices of an item by looking at the graph, whereas the latest sell order prices are more volatile, but more relevant to the player as it is "current" data.

If by estimates you mean to provide estimates for prices that the bot don't have the data to (i.e. the empty or non-existing entries in the first link), then it might be possible to do that by calculating the averages of all the hourly averages/historical data of the past data.
      Also, the developers of the Data Project might be updating the hourly averages/historical data to something more relevant, with data for numbers sold.
      Using that, the estimates of an item's average price would be more accurate with weighted averages.

If you have a better idea or way of calculating from the available data provided by the Data Project, please let me know.
      I'm fine with more advanced or tedious techniques too if I have enough time and data.
      But my initial plan was just to release the source codes for a simple bare-bones bot with minimal dependencies, so that people can host their own, modify and improve, or contribute to it.

• Thanks to the data project, the bot can fetch gold prices now too.
      emilie gold <number of days to plot>
      For example emilie gold 7 to plot gold prices for the past 7 days. The bot will also list gold prices for the past 6 hours.
      Please let me know if you have any feedbacks or if you encounter any bugs.

• TheEmeraldKnight wrote:

How do I access the black market buy orders?
      - I would like to know what the prices are before I leave the other Royal city on weather it is worth the run or not.

Sell orders on the other markets is great.
      Thank you.
      Hi, unfortunately I have not included that feature yet as I was under the impression that the information is not that useful.
      I might do it this weekend if I have the time.