Hideouts: Not at all a Hide.

• Hideouts: Not at all a Hide.

We just lost more than 20m trying to place and defend keeps. There is no CHANCE to Hold one for small guilds. ¿This is how fair thegame is? Also, you guys changed the chedule on our servers so we had no chance to defend it either.

My guildies morales is broken, so our pockets. You said for more than 6 months that hideouts would give the chance for medium guilds to do something. Total bullshit. We were waiting for this patch to come back and play. Rly? You did that? there is no CHANCE for us to survive there.
    • If hideouts weren't emblazoned on the map, it might be easier for small guilds to actually get one going. With such perfect intel, twenty minutes is plenty of time for a big guild/alliance to get a zerg to crunch a new hideout placement.

Otherwise, the big guilds might actually have to send scout patrols over maps, and work to see who's placing what where. Why are the big guilds getting automated intelligence on competition?
    • Once terri's go live it wont be as hard to place a hideout, They made a mistake by making us wait 12 days to do terri fights we already had to wait 6 months for Queen now we have to wait another 2 weeks for what? I know the session doesn't start til then but still we could have fought over terri's for fun and content. Only reason hideouts are getting so much action is because there isn't much else to do ATM in the BZ. Big big mistake by SBI making us WAIT!
    • I love the idea behind the hideout, but i'm concerned with how its going to impact the game with the new map layout having all the portals on the edge of the map. On reset days, those that have hideouts can launch from them while the small-medium guilds/alliances will have to migrate out from the 5 portal locations and fight their way to an unclaimed territory.

For example, yesterday ARCH dropped around 10 hideouts in and around Twitchchannel Narrows (4 of them are in a single zone). They rolled in with mobs of people, destroyed other guilds hideouts, and set up bases in and around the T8 zone. When the next season kicks off, they will be able to launch from those hideouts and take 5-6 T7 and T8 territories unchallenged in the first 10 minutes while the smaller guilds push out from the choke points at the portals. ARCH can then sweep towards the center of the map leaving a small rear guard to slow down any approaching forces and continue gobbling up territories unopposed. This same strategy will be played out by half a dozen other power alliances, locking down all of the high tier resource zones for a small number of the player base. If guilds/alliances attack the ARCH territories after the reset day, they will have to start from the outer edges and work their way in. ARCH will be able to use their hideouts to quickly re-gear people and have them reengage...possibly in that exact zone that is being attacked.

The result of this is that the outlands will soon be divided up into a series of fiefdoms controlled by a handful of super alliances...with a dozen medium & small sized guilds/alliances holding the T5 & T6 territories closest to the portals.

The other side effect will be that gatherers not in the land controlling alliances will not be able to get to the T8 resources due to the fact that you have to go through 5-6 zones now to get to them (it used to be 3 zones max), and that's a long way to go while avoiding gankers...especially when the controlling alliance can easily send out a squad to sweep their areas.

I really hope i am wrong about this, but i fear that the casual players of this game have just been severely limited as to what they can do in the outlands.

PS. For the record i'm not criticizing ARCH for their strategy, its really solid!!! I'm just using them as an example as they are in my Biome.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MarauderShields ().

• SirusX715 wrote:

I suspect you could pay gluttony to have your hideout not knocked down. Would probably cost less than a hideout kit

The problem with that mechanic is that it protects the guild's hideout itself, but does nothing for their gatherers. I can see one guild in an alliance saying alls good, we wont attack you...and then another guild comes in and ganks all the gatherers as the try to return to their hideout.
    • LuisElSolitario wrote:

We just lost more than 20m trying to place and defend keeps. There is no CHANCE to Hold one for small guilds. ¿This is how fair thegame is? Also, you guys changed the chedule on our servers so we had no chance to defend it either.

My guildies morales is broken, so our pockets. You said for more than 6 months that hideouts would give the chance for medium guilds to do something. Total bullshit. We were waiting for this patch to come back and play. Rly? You did that? there is no CHANCE for us to survive there.
      What??

You see me completely surprised, that was absolutely not forseeable..

An Enemy hideaway which can be zerged is getting zerged??

Really?

They doing the N+1 thing??

U must be wrong

Hype!!!!
    • LuisElSolitario wrote:

Please check in banter and in general i wrote the future of albion , people trying to hide it YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND THEY WANT YOU TO BE PART OF BIG ALLIANCES AND JOIN AS SLAVE
    • MarauderShields wrote:

I love the idea behind the hideout, but i'm concerned with how its going to impact the game with the new map layout having all the portals on the edge of the map. On reset days, those that have hideouts can launch from them while the small-medium guilds/alliances will have to migrate out from the 5 portal locations and fight their way to an unclaimed territory.

For example, yesterday ARCH dropped around 10 hideouts in and around Twitchchannel Narrows (4 of them are in a single zone). They rolled in with mobs of people, destroyed other guilds hideouts, and set up bases in and around the T8 zone. When the next season kicks off, they will be able to launch from those hideouts and take 5-6 T7 and T8 territories unchallenged in the first 10 minutes while the smaller guilds push out from the choke points at the portals. ARCH can then sweep towards the center of the map leaving a small rear guard to slow down any approaching forces and continue gobbling up territories unopposed. This same strategy will be played out by half a dozen other power alliances, locking down all of the high tier resource zones for a small number of the player base. If guilds/alliances attack the ARCH territories after the reset day, they will have to start from the outer edges and work their way in. ARCH will be able to use their hideouts to quickly re-gear people and have them reengage...possibly in that exact zone that is being attacked.

The result of this is that the outlands will soon be divided up into a series of fiefdoms controlled by a handful of super alliances...with a dozen medium & small sized guilds/alliances holding the T5 & T6 territories closest to the portals.

The other side effect will be that gatherers not in the land controlling alliances will not be able to get to the T8 resources due to the fact that you have to go through 5-6 zones now to get to them (it used to be 3 zones max), and that's a long way to go while avoiding gankers...especially when the controlling alliance can easily send out a squad to sweep their areas.

I really hope i am wrong about this, but i fear that the casual players of this game have just been severely limited as to what they can do in the outlands.

PS. For the record i'm not criticizing ARCH for their strategy, its really solid!!! I'm just using them as an example as they are in my Biome.
      the blackzone is for the super alliances and the royal is for the 20-50 man blobs..

What is do difficult about it. You either join us or you play on your personal island and farm carrots man..
    • They said that any guild could have their hiding place, they didn’t say it would be easy to have .... I observed many small guilds placing hiding beside big alliances, I don’t want to take sides, but obviously big ones will have pressure on small guilds , or you join a large alliance or create one. Unlike before, nowadays everyone can enjoy T7 and T8 features with ease. It seems to me that the hideouts are falling because the guilds have been without content for almost 1 month, the Avalonian season was once a '' vacation period '' and now +20 days, so answer me, what will be the purpose of these alliances in this period if not to pressure the little ones. Queen is on the second day and the forum is full of prophets speaking the future, calm down.
    • Nope

Hollywoodi wrote:

the blackzone is for the super alliances and the royal is for the 20-50 man blobs..
      What is do difficult about it. You either join us or you play on your personal island and farm carrots man..
      Nope BZ is designed for everyone , at least should be

Or SHOULD WE JOIN TO A GUILD WHICH IS PART OF MEGA ALLIANCE SO WE CAN BE THEIR SLAVE? Maybe
    • LuisElSolitario wrote:

Use diplomacy... please.

Or put Hideout on last hour of the Primetime (I see so many small guilds currently doing it... because nobody really checks zone on 3rd or 4th (last) hour of the Primitime)... of course good luck keeping your hideout on the following day(s) - but like I've said... its not gonna be easy. Use Diplomacy too.

Roccandil wrote:

If hideouts weren't emblazoned on the map, it might be easier for small guilds to actually get one going.
      Might as well get rid of phase 1 construction then. Nobody is going to scout every corner of a damn map every time, esp in shity t5 zones....

Tabor wrote:

Wait you are telling me super alliances already control everything again??? Poor suckers that actually thought Queen would change anything. It in fact made it worse for medium to small guilds. Just break up the alliance feature already. NAPs are MUCH more difficult to sustain.
      Or just use Diplomacy....

AdamSmith wrote:

Nope BZ is designed for everyone , at least should be

Or SHOULD WE JOIN TO A GUILD WHICH IS PART OF MEGA ALLIANCE SO WE CAN BE THEIR SLAVE? Maybe
      Or.....

Grow a brain?
    • You boys really need to calm down, Queen has been out for what 2 days? Of course hideouts are falling of course small guilds are getting bullied. They are making us wait for terri fights for another week and a half this is why hideouts are getting attacked its the only type of content currently in the blackzone, Castle? Doesn't matter because no season points....Outpost doesnt matter.....Hideouts = Fights ATM. Once terri's go live It will be much easier to place hideouts because the big alliances will be busy defending or attacking terris. SBI fucked up making us wait on the content...We already waited 6 months who ever though that they should wait 12 more days for terri fights needs to be taken out back and shot, Who cares if the season hasn't started that shouldnt mean we couldnt fight over terris. Was a bad move!