BZ cities

• Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

@Captainrussia,

If newbies flag up for faction warfare, they should expect to die. To participate in FW, they must choose to do so; therefore, if the only reason to split the playerbase is to keep veterans out of FW, I'm against it. I think FW is an excellent environment for newbies to face veterans, and thus learn. (Incidentally, I was assuming FW was not part of this discussion because it's so obviously an active choice to participate.)

Combat alts don't need to be 400/400 to play around in 4.1 gear in the royals (after all, if it's vets against newbs, what do you need all that spec for? and with the LP you get from just one month of prem, you can get at least some spec in a single build).

Having zones and hideouts doesn't mean you're not based at realmgates; indeed, they work very well in tandem with realmgates. You can zerg with extra sets out to the hideout you need to defend from, set home, and spend the night respawning on location.

In fact, that may well be the most efficient method to defend territories spread over many zones, especially since attacks will be signalled in advance: you'll know exactly which hideout(s) you'll need to defend from. (And the realmgate markets are still extremely powerful supply sources.)
      Its not splitting the playerbase though, Its just making it harder to get there. They don't want you to be able to send 50+ people to the royals in 1 second. Captain just wrote how people are still going to the royals.

It's splitting the playerbase. And I have no problem with 50 people hopping to the royals in 1 second. Indeed, that's exactly what I'd want to see: a dynamic playerbase providing content as needed, where needed.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Personal islands, royal markets, black market, faction content, solo content, casual content.
      This is really the crux of your complaint isn’t it? At least be honest about it.

You want all the perks of living in the black zone AND all the perks of living in the Royals and you want them at your fingertips. This game is often about choices and SBI are providing choice. You choose to live in the BZ then you are giving up all of the niceties, options and conveniences attached to royal city life. You simply want it all ways.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Personal islands, royal markets, black market, faction content, solo content, casual content.
      This is really the crux of your complaint isn’t it? At least be honest about it.
      You want all the perks of living in the black zone AND all the perks of living in the Royals and you want them at your fingertips. This game is often about choices and SBI are providing choice. You choose to live in the BZ then you are giving up all of the niceties, options and conveniences attached to royal city life. You simply want it all ways.

You're presenting a false choice, that's short-sighted at best, and will result in long-term stagnation. You're advocating splitting Albion into two separate games: the Outlands and Royals, which means those two games will effectively be competing for players to fill content, while encouraging alt abuse and wasting people's time travelling naked on T3 horses, which is disrespectful of the customer base.

That's not a good thing.

Furthermore, if you really think we should have to choose between the Outlands and the Royals, then destroy the realmgates. Don't allow any access at all from Outlands to Royals, or vice versa. Allow them to be completely separate and develop separately. Divide the playerbases.

That, of course, is a horrible idea: and so is denying free naked fast travel between an Outlands home and the Royals.

Instead, allowing players to dynamically reorient to content in the Outlands or the Royals would be a very good thing for the long-term health of the game.
    • Roccandil wrote:

You're advocating splitting Albion into two separate games: the Outlands and Royals, which means those two games will effectively be competing for players to fill content, while encouraging alt abuse and wasting people's time travelling naked on T3 horses, which is disrespectful of the customer base.
      Im not advocating any such thing so kindly stop misrepresenting me. Moving between the two should be possible (which it is). What it shouldnt be is easy (which you want to make it). There is no choice involved at all if you can simply zip back and forward at will .. like I said and you didnt deny, this is you wanting it all and wanting it made as easy as possible for you.No one is forcing you to ride anywhere on a T3 horse .. you choose to do so becasue you want ALL the content.

Roccandil wrote:

Furthermore, if you really think we should have to choose between the Outlands and the Royals, then destroy the realmgates. Don't allow any access at all from Outlands to Royals, or vice versa. Allow them to be completely separate and develop separately. Divide the playerbases.
      Again, your stating something I didnt say. The two should not be entirely separate (no one has ever suggested that so I dont know why you'd even bring that into the conversation) but should be distinct enough to actually be a difficult choice.

Roccandil wrote:

That, of course, is a horrible idea:
      Of course it is .. and its an idea that NO ONE suggested.

Roccandil wrote:

and so is denying free naked fast travel between an Outlands home and the Royals.
      Thats your opinion .. it doesnt make it fact.

Roccandil wrote:

Instead, allowing players to dynamically reorient to content in the Outlands or the Royals would be a very good thing for the long-term health of the game.
      "dynamically reorient to the content in the outlands"? .. enough with the pretentiousness.

You really are starting to sound like a zealot. Youre blind to any other opinion on this subject other than your own.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

There is no choice involved at all if you can simply zip back and forward at will .

The choice is to ride out into the Outlands and set a home, and then not use any realmgates. At that point, you should indeed be able to zip back and forward at will.

As it is, fewer players participate in the Outlands, and fewer players participate in the Royals, simply due to the overhead involved in moving back and forth. Even on its own, that separation of the player base is not a good thing, but there's a more fundamental gameplay design problem.

The game's progression for a new player brings them through blue zones to Royals, and then lets them gather, use the markets and crafting stations, get used to PvP in yellows and reds and faction-flagged content, pop out of a realmgate to explore the Outlands, and provides the opportunity to buy and upgrade a personal island. Critically, each stage is additive: it adds to the options a player has, without replacing or removing any of the other options.

Setting a home in the Outlands, though, requires leaving all of that behind. That's broken progression; it's basically telling a player, "hey, you've progressed and invested and had fun in the Royals, but now it's time to dump all that and play a new game entirely, unless you like doing this really boring, annoying horse riding! Hurrah!".

If only from a business perspective, that's stupid (especially if, as the developers have given the impression, you want players to set and use homes in the Outlands). :) Like all other progression in the game, setting a home in the Outlands should add to your existing gameplay options, not restrict them. Getting an Outlands home should be the final level of progression for a new player's Albion gaming portfolio, and not restrict them from the Royal-based content they grew up with. :)

Why the fear of free fast travel between the Outlands and the Royals? Is it an admission that Outlands content can't compete with Royal content? Or is it as simple as not wanting more competition in the Outlands, or wanting realmgates to remain easy-mode portal ganking?

Midgard wrote:

"dynamically reorient to the content in the outlands"? .. enough with the pretentiousness.

However you see me is your business, but I enjoy articulating what I see my way, and I'm not going to stop because of an elitist bully. :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Roccandil ().

• The root of the problem is solo play.

You cannot feasibly roam the royals as a flagged solo player, and royals doesn't have zones that a solo player would be interested in (no t8 dungeons, no t7/t8 resources). The black zone used to be a place that solo players COULD go to with relative success, but with Queen patch it's made it significantly harder (no warcamps).

Fast traveling naked from outlands back to royals is mainly used by players trying to do activities that are mostly solo (market, craft, farm). If you can move your island to black zone, that would solve most of these issues imo.
    • No - I am a solo / duo player.

I live in one of the "rests".

The only thing that is annoying that I have no use of focus here, and my time riding back 20 min just to spend focus and ride back..is too precious to waste with that activities called "horse simulation".

In that time I have dived 6 srd looking for other player and had 1-2 fights..

The only issue I have is, as max spec no fame needed, and no focus spendion opportunity..

I don't need premium any more..

Though I have 1k days on each accounts..I will consume my premium and not renuing is a discussion in 3 years..

But that is just me..

If u buy premium monthly and live bz city why premium is a valid question..

And that is unhealthy for the game
    • You're saying the same thing I am @Hollywoodi just differently.

Spending focus on islands, crafting, refining etc is mostly done in cities even with slight buffs to outlands. There's no incentive to run multiple zones each way just to spend focus or daily farming.

In regards to premium, yeah it's pretty discouraging. I don't really need it either and quite frankly if I didn't already have gold from buying it a year ago, I wouldn't bother with premium either.
    • Pherkad wrote:

I have a simple question... why there isnt an option to go a royal city when u get kill in the black zone?
      I dont wanna spawn in those cities if I die... and I dont want to carry all my items to there

Hi, following player feedback regarding respawning at one of the "Rests" when killed in the black zone, I've quoted a section of @Eltharyon 's post regarding upcoming changes below:

Eltharyon wrote:

In addition, there are a few topics we've begun working on that we also hope to bring to you soon (though probably not next week).

These include (but are not limited to):

- A better way to control where you respawn when dying in the Outlands after visiting one of the "Rests" (we'll probably add a "Make Home" option to these locations, and otherwise they will not be considered respawn cities)

Mytherceria#3744
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

The root of the problem is solo play.

You cannot feasibly roam the royals as a flagged solo player, and royals doesn't have zones that a solo player would be interested in (no t8 dungeons, no t7/t8 resources). The black zone used to be a place that solo players COULD go to with relative success, but with Queen patch it's made it significantly harder (no warcamps).

Fast traveling naked from outlands back to royals is mainly used by players trying to do activities that are mostly solo (market, craft, farm). If you can move your island to black zone, that would solve most of these issues imo.
      Arthurs rest offering private/group/guild safety box in deep outlands.
    • In my opinion the (only) point that should be investigated is benefit / use of the private island (premium) for people living in hideout / BZ city that don’t run multiple alts/accounts and don't have the time to play for hours a day.

If you are an casual player with only one character, and be in an guild / alliance living (deep) in the BZ you private island is rather useless.
      Casual players, in most cases, don’t have the time to ride 20-40 mins to royals and back to BZ just to manage their island in 5 minutes.

Now you can say: just don’t go premium.
      But: There are other benefits in premium that casual players may need and making it hard for them to use (if not locking it out completely) one of these benefits (the island) for living in BZ don’t seem to be fair and customer friendly for a service you pay for.

Let’s go further: Some of you say, there should be no need to go to royals if you live in the BZ. But with current island situation, you are forced to do that.
      And once again, living in a hideout means to provide food for it, so where you get that food from if you, as you say, should not need to go to royals anymore?

Just let us compare the situation with carleon.
      Carleon was meant to be separated from other royal cities in a special way, so you could not get items there other than transporting them by riding.
      But again: You can set your island to carleon and produce goods on your island and move them directly into the city, circumventing that restriction for some part.

So what exactly is the difference between carleon and a hideout or a BZ city when talking about private island.
      The one thing in my opinion that should be restricted is, if your island is set to an hideout or BZ city, you can only fast travel from that hideout or BZ city to your private island and back, but also carry produced goods to and from that island.

That idea may need some fine tuning when it gets to “what you be able to carry to and from you island”, but I think it’s possible to solve and let players who are dedicated to live in the BZ, don’t waste parts of their premium state. And that will mostly be casual players.

Please don’t mind my bad english :) 8)
    • RandomDude wrote:

In my opinion the (only) point that should be investigated is benefit / use of the private island (premium) for people living in hideout / BZ city that don’t run multiple alts/accounts and don't have the time to play for hours a day.

If you are an casual player with only one character, and be in an guild / alliance living (deep) in the BZ you private island is rather useless.
      Casual players, in most cases, don’t have the time to ride 20-40 mins to royals and back to BZ just to manage their island in 5 minutes.

Now you can say: just don’t go premium.
      But: There are other benefits in premium that casual players may need and making it hard for them to use (if not locking it out completely) one of these benefits (the island) for living in BZ don’t seem to be fair and customer friendly for a service you pay for.

Let’s go further: Some of you say, there should be no need to go to royals if you live in the BZ. But with current island situation, you are forced to do that.
      And once again, living in a hideout means to provide food for it, so where you get that food from if you, as you say, should not need to go to royals anymore?

Just let us compare the situation with carleon.
      Carleon was meant to be separated from other royal cities in a special way, so you could not get items there other than transporting them by riding.
      But again: You can set your island to carleon and produce goods on your island and move them directly into the city, circumventing that restriction for some part.

So what exactly is the difference between carleon and a hideout or a BZ city when talking about private island.
      The one thing in my opinion that should be restricted is, if your island is set to an hideout or BZ city, you can only fast travel from that hideout or BZ city to your private island and back, but also carry produced goods to and from that island.

That idea may need some fine tuning when it gets to “what you be able to carry to and from you island”, but I think it’s possible to solve and let players who are dedicated to live in the BZ, don’t waste parts of their premium state. And that will mostly be casual players.

Please don’t mind my bad english :) 8)
      The only way I could see this working is if they added a system in that allowed a person to carry only farm items from there island otherwise people wouldn't need to use the portals at all, They could simply just bring all there items/mats through there islands right to the hideout/BZ city. This is why people were saying that a naked travel option would fix theses focus problems by allowing us to travel only to your island from a hideout/BZ city naked to use your focus and do your farms but leave the items behide then back to the blackzone hideout/BZ city.(Only allowing naked travel to the island and back no where else) Then if you wanted your farm items brought to the blackzone you would need to bring the items through the portals. This would fix the problem of not being able to use focus in the Blackzone. Which you can still use focus in the BZ @ hideout crafting stations but still a problem for farming.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Setting a home in the Outlands, though, requires leaving all of that behind.
      No it does not. And therein lies your fallacy.

As I and others have described, it's not practical to do a daily run through the black zone just to use focus. The risk/reward simply isn't worth it.

In my case, I've chosen to not use an Outlands home because the risk/reward of basing in an Outlands home simply can't compete with the Royals (especially since I can still play in the Outlands from the Royals).

If, however, I could freely naked fast travel between an Outlands home and the Royals, an Outlands home would no longer be competing with the Royals. That would open up more of the game to me and others, and the population of the Outlands would increase (with a cascade of beneficial effects).

Again, you (and Midgard) are extremely short-sighted.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

As I and others have described, it's not practical to do a daily run through the black zone just to use focus. The risk/reward simply isn't worth it.

In my case, I've chosen to not use an Outlands home because the risk/reward of basing in an Outlands home simply can't compete with the Royals (especially since I can still play in the Outlands from the Royals).

If, however, I could freely naked fast travel between an Outlands home and the Royals, an Outlands home would no longer be competing with the Royals. That would open up more of the game to me and others, and the population of the Outlands would increase (with a cascade of beneficial effects).

why do u discuss something that is already work in progress??

You will see soon after the dev post, the "like" and x"hype" of the same people that have told u 10 times it makes no sense..

Was same with hideout fix
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

why do u discuss something that is already work in progress??
      You will see soon after the dev post, the "like" and x"hype" of the same people that have told u 10 times it makes no sense..

Was same with hideout fix
      Oh I know its work in progress. But we don't know what the end result will be.

Also I myself have posted that I would not be opposed to having a limited (capped) way to travel naked, like once a day, or one way once per day, something like that. (thats how it works in EVE Online).

So I guess we'll see what the DEVs bring. We might just get an ability to use the farming merchant in the Hideout to travel to our farming merchant on the personal island. Naked. And no way to leave the personal island from there. Again - something I proposed and would not be opposed to (earlier in this thread).

We'll see what the DEVs come up with.