Screw you SBI

• Screw you SBI

Hype the biggest event Albion has ever seen then region lock everyone outside of the event.
      Waiting for this since the announcement then can’t even participate!!!
      What an absolute joke. That’s not even mentioning that while I was region locked OUTSIDE of Caerleon I died, losing a whole gear set, consimable and my mount. Who’s fault was that? Not mine because I would have been safely inside Caerleon! SBI owes EVERY PLAYER who died outside of Caerleon during the event because EACH and EVERY player death pause the city entrance is a DIRECT RESULT of their INCOMPETENCE!!!!
    • tbh, I kind of get the frustration, in this subsection of the forums you should remember though, there are alot of people that play the white knight and just want to disregard your frustration in favour of the developers.

On another note, you should expect any event in albion online that has some form of hype to fail as the game still can't handle alot of people in the same cluster. This has been known since release and is a result of the game being fundamentally flawed.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • I never got my hopes up about this event in the first place, SBI has a history of server problems, due to the ambitious nature of their game.
      There is ONE game world for the whole world to play in. The have run headlong into technical limitations over and over again.

Until quantum computing is available as a consumer product, any event like this is going to run straight into those limitations.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
    • RenKatal wrote:

I never got my hopes up about this event in the first place, SBI has a history of server problems, due to the ambitious nature of their game.
      There is ONE game world for the whole world to play in. The have run headlong into technical limitations over and over again.

Until quantum computing is available as a consumer product, any event like this is going to run straight into those limitations.
      Nonsense, don't blame todays tech for SBI's bad performance. That's just another excuse.

You can't tell me that this game has been optimised to a point where its limited by the available hardware resources it has, I refuse to believe that, having worked with high end servers myself, I find that to be highly unlikely.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Redsaw wrote:

RenKatal wrote:

I never got my hopes up about this event in the first place, SBI has a history of server problems, due to the ambitious nature of their game.

Nonsense, don't blame todays tech for SBI's bad performance. That's just another excuse.
      You can't tell me that this game has been optimised to a point where its limited by the available hardware resources it has, I refuse to believe that, having worked with high end servers myself, I find that to be highly unlikely.
      I can and I will, a project of this nature at this point is mostly butting up against the technical limitations of server-client infrastructure.
      Do I believe the game is fully optimized, of coarse not, it is being made by game designers and programmers, with an established game engine, on a release and patch model, not by Network & Software Engineers.
      Part of the problem might be that SBI outsources their game hosting to a third party, maybe they aren't using the best service for the task.
      However they are definitely going to run up against networking and computational limitations.

Zone player limits are an expression of these limitations.
      They are a workaround.
      And, unfortunately, they ruin events like this.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester