The Defense of Caerleon [Feedback]

• The Defense of Caerleon [Feedback]

Overall, horrible event planning in relation to how the event was hyped up.

• Many people couldn’t participate in the event.
      • Cannot enter Caerleon city.
      • Cannot enter Realmgate.
      • Cannot leave Bank and Marketplace.
      • Cannot leave Private islands.
      • Cannot leave Conquerors hall.
      • The promised "finite free gear sets" are available only for a couple people out of the lucky 1000 players who managed to get into the city out of the thousands attempting to get in.
      • Announcer annoyingly spamming in all chat channels including those not interested in participating in the event for an hour.

• Announcer having difficulties in spelling.
      • Twitch Host is salty and complaining that his work is difficult.
      • Twitch Host talking down on viewers requesting that they should host instead.
      • Twitch raffle apparently broke.

Event Rating: 1/10
    • The event was not good for the majority of the community, particularly the worst albion event that i attended xD but ok, there will be people more angry because they lost XXX loot.
      I think they could have done something better, more organized ... it was very chaotic and few actually participated actively of it. I particularly thought about the issue of numbers before it even happened, I thought it was going to be some test on the Smart Cluster Queue system, something related to it, influx of many players in one zone.
      The bad part of this is that, well, if albion's own players will agree that it was a terrible event, imagine the game haters. I think it will be very negative for the game image x)
      It was an opportunity to do something cool that was missed xD
      just my two cents xD
    • How about providing compensation for people who died outside of Caerleon due to being region locked!!!

How about hyping this for like a month then only letting 1000 players ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE!

this is the only game I spend real money on and those days are over. This event SHATTERED my faith in SBI to be able to provide ANY level of quality in their events.

Canceled my premium sub, fk this sht I’m out.
    • GeneralHiro wrote:

How about providing compensation for people who died outside of Caerleon due to being region locked!!!

How about hyping this for like a month then only letting 1000 players ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE!

this is the only game I spend real money on and those days are over. This event SHATTERED my faith in SBI to be able to provide ANY level of quality in their events.

Goodbye man
    • Here are some sad facts:
      Any given day if you check twitch and look for Albion streamers you will find that most popular ones would have no more then 100-150 viewers. Today, during "the event" there were over 6k viewers on at least 2 streams. I'm sure everyone so wants to play Albion now.

Donkey race event was a massive failure and it was always going to be a minor event. Now you make this huge event that is being hyped for the past few months and you produce...this?

I must wonder if developers even play their own game.

Chest may have spawned but the items you placed there were taken by the few people who were actually able to see it so the vast majority got nothing.

The stone you said that spawned outside the portal area was simply not there.

If the whole thing is called defence of Caerleon then either despawn the guards or make them appear to be fighting along side with the players. It was so stupid watching them stand there at the gate chilling while mobs pile in killing players and frame rates like nobodies business.

All in all, the event was just poor. Suggestion for the future:
      Just instance your events. Place them in a daily expedition place and make them playable as 20 player groups or under. You obviously can't cope with massive slug fests.

Please learn from the mistakes you constantly make. People don't like ZvZ stuff. They do it cause they are forced to. Albion is at its best when played on a smaller scale.
    • I thought it was a valid event, I was disappointed for not being able to enter caerleon and participate actively, but looking at the history part and the event itself, I found it very good, it really felt like the end of the world, people dying everywhere, really a situation chaotic, as it should be, because we were being attacked by a horde of Avalonians.

There will be a lot of whining, but like anything new there is more criticism than praise, but I am happy and hopeful that SBI is trying to bring a little more rpg, events and stories to the albion, this proves that not only pvp is in focus , like all activities.

Anyway, I would rate it 6/10, because you can't do a global event where only 1000 people participate.
    • In Real Gates, after kill i was killed imidietliy after stend up. My Gear was broken after 30 minut of inwasion - that was my Gear not free, beacuse i can't get to Carleon. Worst event in my life. 2 h of being killed instant after get up. SBI if You inwite people to party and that party is a shit, they will remember shit, not the intention that You want do something epic. Did You forgot that You have mor then 1000 player? I am so angry. Now You should give some recompensation for player for weasting their Time on that epic fail event!!!
    • Skarvah wrote:

GeneralHiro wrote:

How about providing compensation for people who died outside of Caerleon due to being region locked!!!

Goodbye man
      In one week your back on the game.
    • I'm more shocked that people turned up expecting this to be anything other than what it was! We all know the game can't handle large numbers of players in a single zone.

Myself and friends didn't login to albion last night purely to avoid all this event nonsense.

There was nothing from SBI in the run up to event to state how they would handle large numbers. The game cant handle it and that's the crux of the issue. Also, the excuse of 'we didn't expect these numbers' is getting old now SBI!! You have used this numerous times now. If you cant effectively learn from previous events and forecast / project numbers your have issues.

For future events just create an instance of the zone I.e. Caerleon 1, Caerleon 2 and zone people to the instances when cap is reached. I'd also recommend setting the cap to maximum 200 as anything over this is poor player experience.

I know your concentrating on queen but if you didn't have the time or resource to do a proper event then don't run one.

Good luck with Queen.
    • Spikey wrote:

I'm more shocked that people turned up expecting this to be anything other than what it was! We all know the game can't handle large numbers of players in a single zone.

Myself and friends didn't login to albion last night purely to avoid all this event nonsense.

There was nothing from SBI in the run up to event to state how they would handle large numbers. The game cant handle it and that's the crux of the issue. Also, the excuse of 'we didn't expect these numbers' is getting old now SBI!! You have used this numerous times now. If you cant effectively learn from previous events and forecast / project numbers your have issues.

For future events just create an instance of the zone I.e. Caerleon 1, Caerleon 2 and zone people to the instances when cap is reached. I'd also recommend setting the cap to maximum 200 as anything over this is poor player experience.

I know your concentrating on queen but if you didn't have the time or resource to do a proper event then don't run one.

Good luck with Queen.
      couldn’t have summed it up better.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter