Carebear?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Almondum wrote:

To the intrigued divers,

Even with the warning and possibility to exit, nothing stops you from scouting and camping the gates of the zone where the PVErs are. Takes more organization, but it's a zerg vs zerg (10+ ppl vs gankers)

Queen update, in its essence, brought Zerg vs Zerg to the black zones with the hideouts and an awesome vanity system. That's it.
      The new dungeon is for 10 players, but I bet at least 15 will go. The mobs are very difficult to kill.

Just build your zerg, scout and kill them when they will try to return. It's not difficult, just takes more effort. Which makes sense, you are aiming at players wearing 8.1+ equivalent gear, optimized for pve...which means many artifacts.
      It shouldn't be easy to get those players, because if it was, noone would even do those dungeons, excluding, maybe, the guilds that own the terriotory and have gatherers/scouts around to warn them. I wouldn't do it for sure, why feed divers if I can do something faster and easier for fame (i.e. non avalonian t8 dungeons).

Ganking a solo player or a group of 5 in BZ is different. Many players, including me, take simple builds with a decent spec level to fame farm. My build is quite cheap so I can die 10 times a day and feel fine. Same applies to the blue dungeons, maybe some folks take an artifact or two, but you can do those without them (with a proper spec level).
      The avalonian dungeon is different, it's like a raid with very strong mobs and bosses. You can't go in there with a cheap build. You need high tier build and a high level of spec in it. It's millions we are talking about, per person!

It's impossible to please everyone, even in real life. You just can't.
      Devs are trying to bring content for PVPers (with priority, as it's supposed to be) and for PVErs. What's wrong about it? The last time I checked, Albion Online is a sandbox. It does not state anything similar to "Albion online is a purely PVP game..."

Have fun folks,
      Almond.
      There is not PvPers and PvErs. The only difference among the PvP and the PvE is that players learn and evolve, so they are more dangerous. And here specially, the mobs cannot kill you, which is a flaw in the game I think.

So let say bad players who play on easy mode - PvE, and good players, who play on hard mode PvP. Does not sound nice, but this is the truth. In general the best players in that game make hell gates, the worst make solo dungeons.

I agree the game shall make a room for all. But I do not think it shall, and in fact any game should not benefit the bad players. The reason is simple - that makes the game pointless, as a game. It may have a point as a virtual reality, but as a game it has not.

So the risk should be equal at least in the locations in the black zones. But it is not. These new dungeons are in general safe. You even do not need to pay to a scout to watch for enemies.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Almondum wrote:

To the intrigued divers,

Even with the warning and possibility to exit, nothing stops you from scouting and camping the gates of the zone where the PVErs are. Takes more organization, but it's a zerg vs zerg (10+ ppl vs gankers)

Queen update, in its essence, brought Zerg vs Zerg to the black zones with the hideouts and an awesome vanity system. That's it.
      The new dungeon is for 10 players, but I bet at least 15 will go. The mobs are very difficult to kill.

Just build your zerg, scout and kill them when they will try to return. It's not difficult, just takes more effort. Which makes sense, you are aiming at players wearing 8.1+ equivalent gear, optimized for pve...which means many artifacts.
      It shouldn't be easy to get those players, because if it was, noone would even do those dungeons, excluding, maybe, the guilds that own the terriotory and have gatherers/scouts around to warn them. I wouldn't do it for sure, why feed divers if I can do something faster and easier for fame (i.e. non avalonian t8 dungeons).

Ganking a solo player or a group of 5 in BZ is different. Many players, including me, take simple builds with a decent spec level to fame farm. My build is quite cheap so I can die 10 times a day and feel fine. Same applies to the blue dungeons, maybe some folks take an artifact or two, but you can do those without them (with a proper spec level).
      The avalonian dungeon is different, it's like a raid with very strong mobs and bosses. You can't go in there with a cheap build. You need high tier build and a high level of spec in it. It's millions we are talking about, per person!

Devs are trying to bring content for PVPers (with priority, as it's supposed to be) and for PVErs. What's wrong about it? The last time I checked, Albion Online is a sandbox. It does not state anything similar to "Albion online is a purely PVP game..."

Have fun folks,
      Almond.
      There is not PvPers and PvErs. The only difference among the PvP and the PvE is that players learn and evolve, so they are more dangerous. And here specially, the mobs cannot kill you, which is a flaw in the game I think.
      So let say bad players who play on easy mode - PvE, and good players, who play on hard mode PvP. Does not sound nice, but this is the truth. In general the best players in that game make hell gates, the worst make solo dungeons.

I agree the game shall make a room for all. But I do not think it shall, and in fact any game should not benefit the bad players. The reason is simple - that makes the game pointless, as a game. It may have a point as a virtual reality, but as a game it has not.

So the risk should be equal at least in the locations in the black zones. But it is not. These new dungeons are in general safe. You even do not need to pay to a scout to watch for enemies.
      Really? So how to become a "good" player? You need to fight vs 1600/1600 spec players in hellgates and win? So how can you win vs max spec players? At least you should be max spec too or bring 8.3 gear vs 8.0 gear. How to get that much fame and items to have even a chance to win that max spec 8.0 monsters?
      Well yea, you MUST do PvE(be a bad player) to fight vs that (good)pvp players.

So in real, the guys who you call bad players - just trying to fame up they gears, to have a chance for fair PvP.
      But the guys you call "good" players, looking for a cheap fight like 9 vs 4 low spec newby players who trying to get some fame. Or 3 vs 1 in solos.
      So who is the real "bad player" in real? How that fake PvP made em any good? Good in what?
    • iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Almondum wrote:

To the intrigued divers,

Have fun folks,
      Almond.
      There is not PvPers and PvErs. The only difference among the PvP and the PvE is that players learn and evolve, so they are more dangerous. And here specially, the mobs cannot kill you, which is a flaw in the game I think.So let say bad players who play on easy mode - PvE, and good players, who play on hard mode PvP. Does not sound nice, but this is the truth. In general the best players in that game make hell gates, the worst make solo dungeons.

Really? So how to become a "good" player? You need to fight vs 1600/1600 spec players in hellgates and win? So how can you win vs max spec players? At least you should be max spec too or bring 8.3 gear vs 8.0 gear. How to get that much fame and items to have even a chance to win that max spec 8.0 monsters?Well yea, you MUST do PvE(be a bad player) to fight vs that (good)pvp players.

So in real, the guys who you call bad players - just trying to fame up they gears, to have a chance for fair PvP.
      But the guys you call "good" players, looking for a cheap fight like 9 vs 4 low spec newby players who trying to get some fame. Or 3 vs 1 in solos.
      So who is the real "bad player" in real? How that fake PvP made em any good? Good in what?
      Well if you think the spec are the most important thing, obviously you not a very good player. If you know your build and the builds of the other players, what can be done, how to attack, defend and counterattack, how to adjust your passive and active skills in any certain situation - that makes you a good player. Best players have the knowledge, good hardware and good reflexes. They could beat you even if they have 200-300 less item power.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

To the one that says..what is the problem..

Let me explain..

With every silver or fame or loot depending how u get it, there is time effort risk and reward allocated

Extreme risk, biggest reward

Now compare the Elite dungeon to a SRD

SRD is low number of people, so any small squad already can gank it
      Elite big group, the gank group needs a way bigger size

Conclusion: overall risk is lower by amount of people that needs masses up to gank

SRD u see now if u enter right if someone doing it
      Elite same

SRD. Can get dived and u get a warning by red tag
      Elite rearming doors that warn you

Fame per mob - much higher elite if u take boss in

Loot: much better in elite

So, the content Elite is way less risk than SRD / Elite while better reward

So it is out of balance and a new HCE
      Why dont you compare Elite with t4.0 9 ppl portal gank? Or with 9 ppl dives in group rds?
      Why dont you see there is no risk and huge reward? Or you just not trying to be fair and play with facts?
      Even in HCE players got more risk then portal ganking, coth just 1 fail in HCE mean 1 mil silver lost. And this is much more then shitters gank/ dive full set price.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Let me explain..

With every silver or fame or loot depending how u get it, there is time effort risk and reward allocated

Conclusion: overall risk is lower by amount of people that needs masses up to gank

Elite same

Why dont you compare Elite with t4.0 9 ppl portal gank? Or with 9 ppl dives in group rds?Why dont you see there is no risk and huge reward? Or you just not trying to be fair and play with facts?
      Even in HCE players got more risk then portal ganking, coth just 1 fail in HCE mean 1 mil silver lost. And this is much more then shitters gank/ dive full set price.
      You assume that divers always have the advantage, but often we beat them. Even solo, I can beat 2 players with tier 4 gear, with the tier 6 which I use most often.
    • Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Almondum wrote:

To the intrigued divers,

Have fun folks,
      Almond.
      There is not PvPers and PvErs. The only difference among the PvP and the PvE is that players learn and evolve, so they are more dangerous. And here specially, the mobs cannot kill you, which is a flaw in the game I think.So let say bad players who play on easy mode - PvE, and good players, who play on hard mode PvP. Does not sound nice, but this is the truth. In general the best players in that game make hell gates, the worst make solo dungeons.

Really? So how to become a "good" player? You need to fight vs 1600/1600 spec players in hellgates and win? So how can you win vs max spec players? At least you should be max spec too or bring 8.3 gear vs 8.0 gear. How to get that much fame and items to have even a chance to win that max spec 8.0 monsters?Well yea, you MUST do PvE(be a bad player) to fight vs that (good)pvp players.
      Well if you think the spec are the most important thing, obviously you not a very good player. If you know your build and the builds of the other players, what can be done, how to attack, defend and counterattack, how to adjust your passive and active skills in any certain situation - that makes you a good player. Best players have the knowledge, good hardware and good reflexes. They could beat you even if they have 200-300 less item power.
      In the perfect situation, you can outplay the bad player with 300 item power more then you. But you sayd about hg? So both teams are know how to play? So here is 300 ip talks.
      Also this topic about "goog players" who cry if they opponent can even switch skills from pve to pve before the fight - blame devs for carebear.
      If you think the players skill > everything.
      1. Why solo divers in 80% cases is party of 2+ players?
      2. Or why they wear pvp ready item sets?
      3. Why they dont fight if see that will be 9vs9 not 9vs5?

Ofc you can not win every fight, but here "good players" not even try it. If they have a chance to dodge the fair number, pvp ready, full HP squad - they just dodge it, but for sure they never leave if they got 9 vs 4. Win the fight and be proud of it.
    • Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Let me explain..

Elite same

Why dont you compare Elite with t4.0 9 ppl portal gank? Or with 9 ppl dives in group rds?Why dont you see there is no risk and huge reward? Or you just not trying to be fair and play with facts?Even in HCE players got more risk then portal ganking, coth just 1 fail in HCE mean 1 mil silver lost. And this is much more then shitters gank/ dive full set price.
      You assume that divers always have the advantage, but often we beat them. Even solo, I can beat 2 players with tier 4 gear, with the tier 6 which I use most often.
      How about to beat 2 players in t6 - also not so expensive sets, with 400/400 specs?
      Ofc It is possible to kill 2 divers, but it is a rare case when they have bad gear, bad connection, did something stupid, or just bad luck. But for sure you died from 2+ regular dive players few times. Same as everyone else.
      Outplays is cool, but only if you outplay the opponent's with same gear and skill. Like in league of legends, if you did solo penta in diamond league - you will be a youtube shining star, but if you come silver and did solo pentakill, you just a smurf badass noob, who just made bad game experience(ruined the game) for 9 silver players at same time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Let me explain..

Elite same

Why dont you compare Elite with t4.0 9 ppl portal gank? Or with 9 ppl dives in group rds?Why dont you see there is no risk and huge reward? Or you just not trying to be fair and play with facts?Even in HCE players got more risk then portal ganking, coth just 1 fail in HCE mean 1 mil silver lost. And this is much more then shitters gank/ dive full set price.
      How about to beat 2 players in t6 - also not so expensive sets, with 400/400 specs?Ofc It is possible to kill 2 divers, but it is a rare case when they have bad gear, bad connection, did something stupid, or just bad luck. But for sure you died from 2+ regular dive players few times. Same as everyone else.
      Outplays is cool, but only if you outplay the opponent's with same gear and skill. Like in league of legends, if you did solo pebta in diamond league - you will be a youtube shining star, but if you come silver and did solo pentakill, you just a smurf badass noob, why just made bad game experience for 9 players at same time.
      Well, this is not LoL. The things are not always fair, but also they are not always unfair. So learn to play better. And even if we compare to LoL it happens rarely silver and bronze to play against diamond and gold. And they have not any chance, as the diamonds are simply better players.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Well, this is not LoL. The things are not always fair, but also they are not always unfair. So learn to play better. And even if we compare to LoL it happens rarely silver and bronze to play against diamond and gold. And they have not any chance, as the diamonds are simply better players.
      it was not so rare case, that why it even has named as smurfing. The different is, yes it is not a lol, coth in lol DEVs make protections from it, same as if you diamond and make a new account you also will be punished for that shit. Coth the game should be interesting for all players.
      But really, i see that post and some replyes like "omg wtf my victims has a chance to switch ability's from pve to pvp! Its hard to fight vs pvp gear! its carebear!"?
      And thats the real face of your "good pvp players". Right here, not in lol.
      And all they are trying to say is "give us the cheap pure victims for outnumbered dive! Why we shoud fight fair ir even work for the kills? We love to kill 5vs 1, and dont like if he have a chance to run, or prepare to fight."
      So it is clearly was not looks like a players skill, you trying to put in it.
      Btw. It is become much more fun, when same guys cry in Zerg debuff threads with "omg zerg debuff still not let ours 25 ppl guild win fights vs 100! Wtf? The whole game is for big bla bla bla, go punish 100 players and make em split they zerg ETC." Dat "good pvp players."

The post was edited 3 times, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

it was not so rare case, that why it even has named as smurfing. The different is, yes it is not a lol, coth in lol DEVs make protections from it, same as if you diamond and make a new account you also will be punished for that shit. Coth the game should be interesting for all players.But really, i see that post and some replyes like "omg wtf my victims has a chance to switch ability's from pve to pvp! Its hard to fight vs pvp gear! its carebear!"?
      And thats the real face of your "good pvp players". Right here, not in lol.
      Usually I win in the solo and group dungeons. I do not play in HGs as I'm not good enough. But I know players who are good, and their knowledge about the game is insane. They win in a row, and they play with tier 7 gear. So, yes, there are good and bad players. And the bad more often lose in PvP. So they go in PvE.

Albion is one of the best multiplayer games, because there is not superior gear. A noob who farms 24/7 cannot beat any good player. And this is a good design for a game. To learn, to become better benefits you, it matters. That is why it is against the core of the game to make the best dungeons, safe.
    • Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

it was not so rare case, that why it even has named as smurfing. The different is, yes it is not a lol, coth in lol DEVs make protections from it, same as if you diamond and make a new account you also will be punished for that shit. Coth the game should be interesting for all players.But really, i see that post and some replyes like "omg wtf my victims has a chance to switch ability's from pve to pvp! Its hard to fight vs pvp gear! its carebear!"?And thats the real face of your "good pvp players". Right here, not in lol.
      Usually I win in the solo and group dungeons. I do not play in HGs as I'm not good enough. But I know players who are good, and their knowledge about the game is insane. They win in a row, and they play with tier 7 gear. So, yes, there are good and bad players. And the bad more often lose in PvP. So they go in PvE.
      Albion is one of the best multiplayer games, because there is not superior gear. A noob who farms 24/7 cannot beat any good player. And this is a good design for a game. To learn, to become better benefits you, it matters. That is why it is against the core of the game to make the best dungeons, safe.
      if you was soo good to win against 9 divers in 4 ppl group dungeon, and If PvErs are so bad, why you want to fight em so much? There is alot of PvP content, why you wanna fight players who stay on the knees at the boss try in the best dungeon?
      You still can fight em near the gate, when the A-out and run. But you wanna fight em inside. Can't you be fair even with yourself? I can understand if you r a good scout for 1mil/h. And this mechanic's take you job. But if you call youself a good player, why you wanna fight vs PvE shitters who trying to kill a boss?
    • iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

it was not so rare case, that why it even has named as smurfing. The different is, yes it is not a lol, coth in lol DEVs make protections from it, same as if you diamond and make a new account you also will be punished for that shit. Coth the game should be interesting for all players.But really, i see that post and some replyes like "omg wtf my victims has a chance to switch ability's from pve to pvp! Its hard to fight vs pvp gear! its carebear!"?And thats the real face of your "good pvp players". Right here, not in lol.
      Usually I win in the solo and group dungeons. I do not play in HGs as I'm not good enough. But I know players who are good, and their knowledge about the game is insane. They win in a row, and they play with tier 7 gear. So, yes, there are good and bad players. And the bad more often lose in PvP. So they go in PvE.Albion is one of the best multiplayer games, because there is not superior gear. A noob who farms 24/7 cannot beat any good player. And this is a good design for a game. To learn, to become better benefits you, it matters. That is why it is against the core of the game to make the best dungeons, safe.
      if you was soo good to win against 9 divers in 4 ppl group dungeon, and If PvErs are so bad, why you want to fight em so much? There is alot of PvP content, why you wanna fight players who stay on the knees at the boss try in the best dungeon?You still can fight em near the gate, when the A-out and run. But you wanna fight em inside. Can't you be fair even with yourself? I can understand if you r a good scout for 1mil/h. And this mechanic's take you job. But if you call youself a good player, why you wanna fight vs PvE shitters who trying to kill a boss?
      Here we are talking about 20 people dungeons. Also this is the risk in the game. Why do you want to make safe dungeons without any risk? That sounds boring. I'm good with one set, so I'm far from the really good players. I like to gank 1vs1. But in general I appreciate the risk, as that makes the game meaningful.

The content is not PvE and PvP, the content is with lower and higher risk. And I do not see why the most rewarding content should be with lower risk.
    • Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Usually I win in the solo and group dungeons. I do not play in HGs as I'm not good enough. But I know players who are good, and their knowledge about the game is insane. They win in a row, and they play with tier 7 gear. So, yes, there are good and bad players. And the bad more often lose in PvP. So they go in PvE.Albion is one of the best multiplayer games, because there is not superior gear. A noob who farms 24/7 cannot beat any good player. And this is a good design for a game. To learn, to become better benefits you, it matters. That is why it is against the core of the game to make the best dungeons, safe.
      if you was soo good to win against 9 divers in 4 ppl group dungeon, and If PvErs are so bad, why you want to fight em so much? There is alot of PvP content, why you wanna fight players who stay on the knees at the boss try in the best dungeon?You still can fight em near the gate, when the A-out and run. But you wanna fight em inside. Can't you be fair even with yourself? I can understand if you r a good scout for 1mil/h. And this mechanic's take you job. But if you call youself a good player, why you wanna fight vs PvE shitters who trying to kill a boss?
      Here we are talking about 20 people dungeons. Also this is the risk in the game. Why do you want to make safe dungeons without any risk? That sounds boring. I'm good with one set, so I'm far from the really good players. I like to gank 1vs1. But in general I appreciate the risk, as that makes the game meaningful.
      The content is not PvE and PvP, the content is with lower and higher risk. And I do not see why the most rewarding content should be with lower risk.
      What r you think risk lvl at:
      1. ratting hg 2v2.
      2. Camping portals with 9 4.0-6.0 shitters.
      3. Camping tunnels in red lock near caerleon near the yz exits?
      3. Fast mount zvz/ gank roams with small 10-20 ppl?
      4. 9 ppl dive groups in t7-t8 zones?

You can get from 5 up to 20 mil/h by doing any of this "risky content". So what the reward for 2.5h of pretty hard- 2 mil repair costs elite dungeon?
    • iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Here we are talking about 20 people dungeons. Also this is the risk in the game. Why do you want to make safe dungeons without any risk? That sounds boring. I'm good with one set, so I'm far from the really good players. I like to gank 1vs1. But in general I appreciate the risk, as that makes the game meaningful.The content is not PvE and PvP, the content is with lower and higher risk. And I do not see why the most rewarding content should be with lower risk.
      What r you think risk lvl at:1. ratting hg 2v2.
      2. Camping portals with 9 4.0-6.0 shitters.

You can get from 5 up to 20 mil/h by doing any of this "risky content". So what the reward for 2.5h of pretty hard- 2 mil repair costs elite dungeon?
      sorry man but that is fake news

If I am bored I rat hg. U can do a Max of 6 hg per hour. Assume u steal 50% which is good, and assume u loot super fast, one click all empty, and assume you don't get overweight and kill u self, and assume they not salty and run after you.. then u do 4-5 mil.

But that is active with a risk to die vs other player .

U elite has zero risk
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Here we are talking about 20 people dungeons. Also this is the risk in the game. Why do you want to make safe dungeons without any risk? That sounds boring. I'm good with one set, so I'm far from the really good players. I like to gank 1vs1. But in general I appreciate the risk, as that makes the game meaningful.The content is not PvE and PvP, the content is with lower and higher risk. And I do not see why the most rewarding content should be with lower risk.
      What r you think risk lvl at:1. ratting hg 2v2.2. Camping portals with 9 4.0-6.0 shitters.

sorry man but that is fake news
      If I am bored I rat hg. U can do a Max of 6 hg per hour. Assume u steal 50% which is good, and assume u loot super fast, one click all empty, and assume you don't get overweight and kill u self, and assume they not salty and run after you.. then u do 4-5 mil.

But that is active with a risk to die vs other player .

U elite has zero risk
      how about other 3 ways to get alot of money with risk ~0?
      And any way, dont you feel the different to:
      1. get 3-5 mil/h
      2. solo
      3. any time
      VS elite:
      1. get nice geared party of 14+ ppl
      2. cooperate em
      3. buy a map
      4. run for 4-6 zones in decently pve gear
      5. showup to all ganker and roam partys scouts where r you going
      6. bring alot of consumables
      7. waste 2.5+ hours
      8. Repair for 2+ mil if each of 14+ players(~30 mil total)
      9. Get shitty buff no one needs.
      10. A bit of loot like for 1hg chest.
      11. Exp much less then in even t6 group RDs for the same 2.5 h.

And we doing it all just to have fun and challenging PvE content, no other rewards.
      So here is 0 rewards for alot of money and playtime, not small risk in open world, so if party has no reward why it should be more risk? If you really wanna fight vs group of 20 players, come zvz vs us. Why you wanna fight us when we having fight at pve boss who 1hit KO half of ours party?
    • If it is not appealing - don't do it

And most of u argument like repair cost..get gud?

And a rat that comes hg is in no risk to get ganked..

And hg not spam, and a 2 Man team denies u the gate..and u loose u rat gear worth 500-1 mil.. etc

U cannot compare this to skill less pve
    • No everyone do something only for profit.
      This game is alive just coth of players ready to pay for fun, not just farm for profit. And we pay for ours pve fun.
      But its ftp game now, so alot of ppl here dont know what i am talking about.

Skill less pve is solo dungeons, if you go 14+ ppl raid it is already hard to cooperate.
      And also you cant be so good to beat the ping issue, you party have 14+ ppl from all over the world with 30 up to 250 ping. This is mean if boss cast spell for 1 second, you will see it when it was 0.8 second left.
      The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds. ( You dont wanna play with 14+ 12 y.o. bouys to improve it to 0.2 right?) So, 0.55 sec before you did any action, ping back to server another 250 ms.
      Here you go, your action must dodge the 1 sec spell for 300ms which just 100 ms higher then 200 ping. But in hardcore pve, boss casts can be even less then 1 second.
      So you got 50-100 ms to make right choice. Is it skill less? You pvp opponent think at least 200 ms + hes ping slower that you pve opponent.
      So if your pvp opponent is at least 0.5 second slower than your pve opponent, why you call it skill less? And who is really skill less?