Gathering Tools - Make UnEquipable or Add Equip Bonuses

• Gathering Tools - Make UnEquipable or Add Equip Bonuses

The biggest (and simplest) QoL fix i can think of for gatherers is to do one of two things:
      1. Remove the ability to equip a tool as a weapon.
      OR
      2. Add Gathering Bonuses OR escape abilities for Equipping your tool in place of a weapon.

Right now when using Shift+Right-Click to move things into your inventory if you do so with a tool it equips it swapping it out for your currently equipped weapons (worse for Axe and Pick it swap out BOTH the weapon and your off-hand). It's a minor pain but one I run into ALL THE TIME :(

As there is no bonus to using a tool in your hand then the ability to wield it should be removed. Unless you instead add either a gathering bonus for lowering your kill potential OR add some escape spells to the gathering tools that are slightly better than their counterparts found on main weapons. (eg: dagger has a 15m dash, maybe tools get a 20m dash on same cd?)
      This would make the gathering tools good weapons for gatherers but useless for PVPer's due to the lack of damage and damaging abilities.
    • I agree. I have been wanting this for about a year now. I think gathering tools should be equipped with abilities tailored to gathering, escaping, and defeating the corresponding aspects in relation to the tool. e.g. Axes deal bonus damage vs. Ents.
      You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. - Marcus Aurelius