Blackboa Returns to Albion to Explore Queens New Lands

• Blackboa Returns to Albion to Explore Queens New Lands

Peasants of Albion,

In case you hadn't noticed, Blackboa, under the in game alias of HeadmasterBoa, has returned to the lands of Albion Online in anticipation of the Queen update that will be hitting live servers in a short 4 days. I will chronicle my escapades through this blog thread.

May you all find love, peace, and prosperity as this new world of Albion comes to our doorstep. Be safe out there!
      Kind Regards,

Blackboa / MannyMoments / HeadmasterBoa

Follow my Stream on Twitch---> twitch.tv/blackboa
    • My impressions of the Queen Update so far are very positive.

After joining Blue Army shortly before the update, content has been plentiful and on a daily basis. The hideout wars that are occurring both in our own defense and our alliances defense as well as our offensive strategies to destroy our enemy's hideouts has led to constant calls to action and PvP. This has been tremendous fun, but has come at a cost of a tremendous amount of my personal wealth.

Regarding wealth, I believe it has gotten harder to earn silver in game. Having spent so much time in the black zones and still trying to figure out what locations of the game will be the most lucrative after this update, I have been stockpiling any resources or loot that I am receiving until that time when I feel a prominent trading hub or market will emerge. Will that be in one of the black zone cities? Or perhaps a guild with a public hideout may be ready, willing, and able to take on a leadership role on the economic trading hub front.

Many questions remain as I explore this new world but one thing is for certain; I haven't had this much fun playing Albion Online since the launch of the game and that is a good thing.

Good luck to you all as you explore this cruel new world!
      Kind Regards,

• Blackboa wrote:

My impressions of the Queen Update so far are very positive.

After joining Blue Army shortly before the update, content has been plentiful and on a daily basis. The hideout wars that are occurring both in our own defense and our alliances defense as well as our offensive strategies to destroy our enemy's hideouts has led to constant calls to action and PvP. This has been tremendous fun, but has come at a cost of a tremendous amount of my personal wealth.

Regarding wealth, I believe it has gotten harder to earn silver in game. Having spent so much time in the black zones and still trying to figure out what locations of the game will be the most lucrative after this update, I have been stockpiling any resources or loot that I am receiving until that time when I feel a prominent trading hub or market will emerge. Will that be in one of the black zone cities? Or perhaps a guild with a public hideout may be ready, willing, and able to take on a leadership role on the economic trading hub front.

Many questions remain as I explore this new world but one thing is for certain; I haven't had this much fun playing Albion Online since the launch of the game and that is a good thing.

I hear you on the wealth thing, the impact of everyone getting a free transport of items from the old black zones, combined with the free island moves has crashed the black market. Most items there are selling well below the 4 week average and it doesn't seem like prices are recovering at all, even two weeks post queen. Profits from flat gear are also harder to squeeze out now that it costs 2x as many runes/souls/relics to upgrade them. Nerf to item power for lower tier artifact items has caused their value to plummet. Although the royal cities are more active than before, none of the current cities seem to do as much trade volume on their auction houses as Caerleon used to, so it's hard to sell things (although arguably, more opportunities exist for arbitrage between cities).

Solo RD's don't even cover the cost of auto-respec. Gathering feels way less profitable per hour than it used to be because of the resource distribution changes and how far you now have to run for T8 zones.

I understand the concept behind making the black zones so much bigger, and making the high tier zones harder to reach - but to me it feels like I spend way more time playing horse simulator now, which isn't fun.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Blackboa wrote:

I hear you on the wealth thing, the impact of everyone getting a free transport of items from the old black zones, combined with the free island moves has crashed the black market. Most items there are selling well below the 4 week average and it doesn't seem like prices are recovering at all, even two weeks post queen. Profits from flat gear are also harder to squeeze out now that it costs 2x as many runes/souls/relics to upgrade them. Nerf to item power for lower tier artifact items has caused their value to plummet. Although the royal cities are more active than before, none of the current cities seem to do as much trade volume on their auction houses as Caerleon used to, so it's hard to sell things (although arguably, more opportunities exist for arbitrage between cities).
      Solo RD's don't even cover the cost of auto-respec. Gathering feels way less profitable per hour than it used to be because of the resource distribution changes and how far you now have to run for T8 zones.

I understand the concept behind making the black zones so much bigger, and making the high tier zones harder to reach - but to me it feels like I spend way more time playing horse simulator now, which isn't fun.
      There are t8 and t7 zones close to the portals... They arn't just near the center of the map....There is also more t8 and t7 zones...
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

Wondering how you'd find this update if you weren't in BA - considering Queen update caters so heavily to zvz focused guilds and SQUAD is one of the strongest zvz alliances.
      Are you talking to me? If you are I'm not even in BA and I never have been. After looking at your post again and looking at the topic poster I get what your saying, your talking to him, Next time please tell us who your talking to thanks...
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Blackboa wrote:

Yeah. Since my last post I have been finding some more success in the Solo RD's. Not sure if the black market is getting better or not, but even without it, the solo RD's seem to be dropping more runes, souls, and relics than before, as well as dungeon maps and tomes of insight. I do a lot of these dungeons so I did end up getting some decent black market drops as well lately.

I now 100% live out of my guilds hideout and since my guild is in a large alliance, my stuff is actually selling on their auction house. Not very frequent but I am noticing I am getting wealthy just by selling stuff there. I am not sure if you heard @Grimhawke-EB but there is a public hideout called Arthur's House of Crafting to the south east exit for Arthur's Rest. You may want to work you way over there and see if you can live and sell your items inside or outside of the city around there. Good people are running it who have made the crafting stations accessible to all.
      Kind Regards,

• Eternalhaze wrote:

Wondering how you'd find this update if you weren't in BA - considering Queen update caters so heavily to zvz focused guilds and SQUAD is one of the strongest zvz alliances.
      To say that I am not benefiting @Eternalhaze from being in BA would be a lie. All one has to do is look at how many territories we own (90 of this morning) to know that my alliance of Squak is making things a lot safer for me. That being said, I do the majority of my game play as a solo player outside of CTA's (calls to action for guild fights) and do travel in zones where there is no friendly presence.

The key to surviving in risky areas is more so to do with your own personal game knowledge, preparation for whatever you are trying to do (correct mounts, traveling gear, map awareness), and a little bit of luck. Death is unavoidable, but if you learn how to survive better and are prepared to survive, then you might just cheat death more often than not, even as a solo player.
      Kind Regards,