Dev Talk: Hideouts

• Dev Talk: Hideouts

The Queen update arrives on January 20, bringing a huge number of new features. One of the biggest and most anticipated of these is Hideouts. In our newest Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys covers what Hideouts are, how they work, and the range of new opportunities they open up for Albion's guilds.

No time to watch the video, or prefer a written summary? Click here: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-hideouts
    • Equart wrote:

Can't focus on the video when i see that you @Eltharyon always looking on text you read :(

And in my opinion - Hideouts is the only good change in this content update, unfortunately.
      I think there is a lot of good changes...

1) The map itself is a huge boost to solo PVP (being exiled to Anglia - I almost dont get any solo PVP)
      2) New avalonian armor - will change how PVP (not so much solo, but I see a lot of changes in 2v2HG and 5v5 play) is played... potentially fixing/balancing dual-healer set ups and making rats less powerful in HGs.
      3) The way resources are re-distributed - finally makes sense from a map (geopolitical struggle and competition) standpoint. Owning a t7 zone is actually a big deal. Even more so if you own a t8 zone and manage to upgrade it
      4) Crystal League = GvG for everyone. And its much better IP scaled. (lvl 1 is 900 IP - much easier now)
      5) Hauling/transport mounts re-balance (no longer using combat/PVP oriented Battle Mounts to transport - or at least with much higher penalties now). Definitely better for the economy (Ox prices were plummeting as nobody was using them). Ironically its the same issue Eve Online had in like 2015 when they patched Super-Capital Ship cargo capacity (Battle Mount equivalent of Albion) as those were used to transport goods with very little risk (and all the reward).

And those are just things I can think off the top of my head
    • @Captainrussia Yes , together all changes are fine. But i do not agree with your statement about solo pvp in BZ. In my opinion it will be more dead that it is now, ofc there will be lots of hype during first month or two , and you will be able to find more people. But later it will be :thumbdown: . Hope i'm wrong. BZ native towns/hubs are located in horrible zones, and they are too far. Globally map become even bigger ,which increase risks/travel time etc. I could talk about all downsides of this map whole day , but there is no sence. Main idea to change BZ map - is cool , but how it was implemented - is horrible.

But the Main Reason why i am not sutisfied with incoming update - it is time. It is taking god damn too much time to create such content.
      On top of that - we are not getting any new huge combat balance changes , like new spells , rework of old useless spells(and we got tones of them) etc.
      New Avalonian armor? Fu*k it, seriously. It looks cool visually , but most of them are bad/useless or OP. I can say it even now without proper testing in real fights, only some of them will be in "new common meta" , as you said before , in cGvG and Zerg fights.

If we take a look on this update from objective perspective - yes , we got lots of minor and needed changes , they must be in the game. Each tiny detail in patchnote is very important.

But cmon... waiting for such long time...Without fixing spells , spell bugs, sRD problem , HG problem, Snowball effect problems in some PvP activities etc. Albion got lots of issues. This game got fuc*ing MOBA combat system - and it is btw one of the main reasons why looots of people love this game.

More character skill/spell customizations , more variations in builds , more direct solo/small scale content - that's we need. Don't wona be rude... but take a look on twitch/youtube , and tell me what people wants to see/play more - your "c/GvG" , zerg fights OR random solo pvp and small scale fights in open world? Devs Take a look on this fuc*ing numbers , and compare.
      You was asking in survey about Battle Royal? (Test it like an event ,and later add this as content) DO IT , but do it smart , if you got no ideas - ask people , how would they like to see this etc. Because if you will do it bad - you might kill Albion and it's essence , like it was with hardcore expeditions.

You have made zerg content in Queen(congratz), and now please - focus on old content that is not working properly and on small scale/solo/lore/quests. Literally everything , but not on zergs anymore(your game cant handle it, at least right now) - thank you.

Current priority and game direction is killing me. That's why im not satisfied , the only huge and big step forward for me - is Hideouts, and BZ changes (even if i don't like it)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• I have played this game since second Alpha and all the devs want to do is lose their player base. Because they dont understand one big FACT. If you lose players bcause you only focus on big scale fights gvg s etc and dont make solo player conent, small scale fights possible then this game is dead very soon.

They have told us that even small guilds have chance in Albion, what a BIG LIE that is.

There will never be chance if they continue to support changes what is ment to help big guilds.

Just today our hideout was taken down with 10+ ppl . Hammer And Sickle. We had 3 ppl to defnd it, because we are small guild only 7 ppl total. Offcourse they just run us over and they took our hideout donw in 4 minutes. Hideouts what has been new and in 2 phase before even finished are so so so so so so weak.

If you wanty to give small guilds even a chance then make that big guilds get major debuff for atacking small guild players and hideouts. OItherwise all small guilds never leave Royal cityes and in Black Zones there is only huuuuge and big guilds and you again get these major ´fight wich your servers cant handle.

Why you promise solo players and small guilds something you evenb before you start to develop know that dont work out at all?

I am really pissed of that this Hideout scam is total waste of time and energy.

My suggestion for small guilds is dont even try if you dont have big alliance behind your back who is willing to defend your weak hideouts for couple months until you get your hideout to lvl 3 , maybe then.Just maybe you can survive alone.

When you put your hideout up, there should be much much more hp and hp regen.Like in first 24 hours it shold be x 10 so small guilds have even chance to get it up.

I am very angry and sad that Albion has again disapointed my trust and expectations.
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • IMO hideouts come with huge problem, at the moment they are not accessible to smaller guilds just like friendlyfoe said.

But if devs make them available then what about small scale pvp? Everyone will keep hiding and abusing bubble mechanics.

My suggestion would be to decrease costs to minimum, don't make attacks tied to territory ownership so small guilds without Terri could poke other guilds, decrease bubble range at least by half, limit number of allowed hideouts on the map to three so players need to fight for the spots as its tight.

This way World would be spammed with hideouts and nobody would bother to lose 20 minutes to destroy something worth e.g. 1 mil or 3 mil Silver.

The only reason to destroy hideout should be making a place for my own, not to make someone's day bad just because I can. Big guilds should fight for territory ownership in zvz content.

But what do I know xd good luck

The post was edited 2 times, last by glokz ().

• My advice to smaller guilds is to wait a few days before trying to get a hideout down. The larger groups are doing CTAs right now to secure thier chosen areas. So, those zergs are on call to ride around neighboring zones to knock down attempts by small forces. Once those big group hideouts are up, you can scan around the map to locate areas further from big guilds or you can contact thier leaders to attempt diplomacy.
    • FriendlyFoe wrote:

I have played this game since second Alpha and all the devs want to do is lose their player base. Because they dont understand one big FACT. If you lose players bcause you only focus on big scale fights gvg s etc and dont make solo player conent, small scale fights possible then this game is dead very soon.

They have told us that even small guilds have chance in Albion, what a BIG LIE that is.

glokz wrote:

IMO hideouts come with huge problem, at the moment they are not accessible to smaller guilds just like friendlyfoe said.
      Use Diplomacy
    • I do like the new outlands map but i agree with everything else that was said about hideouts and small scale pvp.

Plus. Like it is now, you cant have a guild and play with friends (not in your guild) at the same time anymore, because they may be 10zones away from you (assuming you just introduced them to the game for example and you are living deep into the bz while they r at royals.

The game is losing more and more its mmorpg experience every day.

If you want to have such a big map, then go all in with that design. Merge royals and bz into the same continent. Outer zones blue, then yellow, then red, then bz. Allow everyone to play everywhere. It is not a sandbox anymore when ive just been forced to live in the bz forever or have to walk 15-20minutes to meet people back at the royals. Not everyonr can play 8 hours a day. A 20 minutes horse simulator is a LOT.
    • glokz wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Use Diplomacy
      I'll try.
      @Syndic can avium have hideout in one of your maps so we can store loot from ganking your people? We can pay 10% upkeep of what we loot.

I think Diplomacy solves everything.
      your diplomacy skill is 1/100

I think you have a lot of grinding to do young one :)

But at least - thats a start :) Maybe don't mention that you will be ganking his people next time. ;)
    • What about the damage to the economy?

Zergs already established and started to gather the entire t7-t8 zones, lets assume that sbi will fix hideouts , what about the damage caused in 10 days?

Do you know how much a single map can bring daily via hg, dungeon ,gathering and crafting?

Now x6 and imagine the damage to the economy in each black zone biome.

10 days means billions from each specific map

WE SAW WHAT SAYA, VASORT AND CARTEL DID TO THE GAME

Productive and constructive comment : SBI remove all the hideouts till you fix all the issues or you are letting couple zergs to monopoly the blackzone
    • AdamSmith wrote:

What about the damage to the economy?

Zergs already established and started to gather the entire t7-t8 zones, lets assume that sbi will fix hideouts , what about the damage caused in 10 days?

Do you know how much a single map can bring daily via hg, dungeon ,gathering and crafting?

Now x6 and imagine the damage to the economy in each black zone biome.

10 days means billions from each specific map

WE SAW WHAT SAYA, VASORT AND CARTEL DID TO THE GAME

Productive and constructive comment : SBI remove all the hideouts till you fix all the issues or you are letting couple zergs to monopoly the blackzone
      That would be nice if they removed all hideouts and give hideots construction kits back to the guilds. Otherwise they clearly let us know that SBI only says trhat that everyone matter and even small guilds have a also chancew, but reality is they just say it and don't do nothing to make things better for solo players, small guilds and the main thing, so really every matters. Don't eat your words SBI, make finally some good decisions for solo players, small guilds and let everyone have a chance to use Black zones, not only massive guilds and alliances.

If you need ideas, do the livestream, announce it many times before you do it and let all people know there is livestream where you do live polls, questions, conversations to improve gameplay fer EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Then you will see WHAT REALLY massive amount players in Albion wants to change. Not only 10% of players = big guilds want. And then make the correct improivements to the game. You get so many new players, old players back, create so much good buzz and you will be surprised in good way how much players will respect you and invite more players to play IF you listen to them, not only put your ideas to the game.
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • glokz wrote:

Easy mate, it was a joke. I don't think Diplomacy is really way to go with full loot pvp mode, but if that works for anyone then why not.

We must wait to see how much big alliances are busy with territories fights to understand position of hideouts, because at this moment the major goal of the game is unavailable.
      I know you are joking, I was too - thats why I put so many smiley emojis.

But for real tho, Diplomacy does not solve 100% of problems but it can work. There is Diplomacy happening already between big allainces who are fighting one another and the losing sides are looking to reach out to people.