Hideouts: A Detailed Guide

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Torthur wrote:

      @Eltharyon @Retroman

      Can you guys confirm that IF a hideout IS placeable in a location on the test server, that location will work when queen goes live?
      I wouldn't see why they would need to confirm that? Why wouldn't it work on live? If it works on the test server it will work on live. The map will be 100% the same as it is on test. Well other then the random spwn of mob camps on server reset.
    • Neef wrote:

      Torthur wrote:

      @Eltharyon @Retroman

      Can you guys confirm that IF a hideout IS placeable in a location on the test server, that location will work when queen goes live?
      I wouldn't see why they would need to confirm that? Why wouldn't it work on live? If it works on the test server it will work on live. The map will be 100% the same as it is on test. Well other then the random spwn of mob camps on server reset.
      Clearly, you've not done a lot of testing for albion over the years as I have. IF you did, you'd know the need for a confirmation.
    • Torthur wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      Torthur wrote:

      @Eltharyon @Retroman

      Can you guys confirm that IF a hideout IS placeable in a location on the test server, that location will work when queen goes live?
      I wouldn't see why they would need to confirm that? Why wouldn't it work on live? If it works on the test server it will work on live. The map will be 100% the same as it is on test. Well other then the random spwn of mob camps on server reset.
      Clearly, you've not done a lot of testing for albion over the years as I have. IF you did, you'd know the need for a confirmation.
      Not alot but some, I understand needing to confirm other things but as far as the way the map will be that isnt going to change giving the fact that we have what 4 days til it hits live.
    • Neef wrote:

      Torthur wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      Torthur wrote:

      @Eltharyon @Retroman

      Can you guys confirm that IF a hideout IS placeable in a location on the test server, that location will work when queen goes live?
      I wouldn't see why they would need to confirm that? Why wouldn't it work on live? If it works on the test server it will work on live. The map will be 100% the same as it is on test. Well other then the random spwn of mob camps on server reset.
      Clearly, you've not done a lot of testing for albion over the years as I have. IF you did, you'd know the need for a confirmation.
      Not alot but some, I understand needing to confirm other things but as far as the way the map will be that isnt going to change giving the fact that we have what 4 days til it hits live.
      Roger, now I just need a developer to make that statement.
    • I for one like the hideouts... I am a guild leader of only 4 to 8 people and we would love to go to the black zones and farm, fight and all that but due to big guilds that like to make your life hell in this game..
      me and my friends do not travel there.. if these hideout give us a way to go to the black zone we will take it considering they don't blowup with just one look... right now we are only two and its hard to leave a guild that you have invested
      so much time in... at least with the hideouts we can feel like we are some what safe in the black Z ..
    • Neef wrote:

      When you raid a base in any war you take all items that you want or need and sometimes even take the base for yourself, I really feel that we need some type of reason to attack a hideout other then just deleting it from the world or to take its spot in that cluster. I still believe the winning attacker should either get a discounted price rebuilding the hideout or atleast making the reward of destorying a hideout better as it does cost alot to keep launching an attack on a high level hideout, I'm not sure what the reward should be but I think the old townplot system was alittle better and I wouldnt be mad at all if they made it simlar to the old system allowing guilds to attack and take over the hideout and the old owner gets 2 to 3 days to move out and then the attack gets ownership and if you wanted to add a sink into it you could make the attacker "Fix" the hideouts dmg with silver or mats. But idk i'm sure things about hideouts will change.
      I was talking about the difficulty of destroying the hideout. You (and a few others) were complaining that its too hard. Before this (like 2-3 wks ago) people we complaining that its too easy...

      But back to the "reward" topic - I agree - I think maybe 50% of loot (or 15% - like the trash chance) should drop for the attackers.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      When you raid a base in any war you take all items that you want or need and sometimes even take the base for yourself, I really feel that we need some type of reason to attack a hideout other then just deleting it from the world or to take its spot in that cluster. I still believe the winning attacker should either get a discounted price rebuilding the hideout or atleast making the reward of destorying a hideout better as it does cost alot to keep launching an attack on a high level hideout, I'm not sure what the reward should be but I think the old townplot system was alittle better and I wouldnt be mad at all if they made it simlar to the old system allowing guilds to attack and take over the hideout and the old owner gets 2 to 3 days to move out and then the attack gets ownership and if you wanted to add a sink into it you could make the attacker "Fix" the hideouts dmg with silver or mats. But idk i'm sure things about hideouts will change.
      I was talking about the difficulty of destroying the hideout. You (and a few others) were complaining that its too hard. Before this (like 2-3 wks ago) people we complaining that its too easy...
      But back to the "reward" topic - I agree - I think maybe 50% of loot (or 15% - like the trash chance) should drop for the attackers.
      they have said one of the reasons for hideouts is to get more people into the black Z but if a small guild saves up and gets a hideout, just for a big guild to come and destroy it just cause and for no other reason THEN, you get our gear on top of that would make us not want to come back to the BZ... would it not be better to encourage the small group to want to stay and have small scale battles to get loot from that?? but i do agree that there should be something...maybe as said before get some sort of discount?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      When you raid a base in any war you take all items that you want or need and sometimes even take the base for yourself, I really feel that we need some type of reason to attack a hideout other then just deleting it from the world or to take its spot in that cluster. I still believe the winning attacker should either get a discounted price rebuilding the hideout or atleast making the reward of destorying a hideout better as it does cost alot to keep launching an attack on a high level hideout, I'm not sure what the reward should be but I think the old townplot system was alittle better and I wouldnt be mad at all if they made it simlar to the old system allowing guilds to attack and take over the hideout and the old owner gets 2 to 3 days to move out and then the attack gets ownership and if you wanted to add a sink into it you could make the attacker "Fix" the hideouts dmg with silver or mats. But idk i'm sure things about hideouts will change.
      I was talking about the difficulty of destroying the hideout. You (and a few others) were complaining that its too hard. Before this (like 2-3 wks ago) people we complaining that its too easy...
      But back to the "reward" topic - I agree - I think maybe 50% of loot (or 15% - like the trash chance) should drop for the attackers.
      Hmm I don't remember saying it was to easy? Could be true though, Either way I'm fine with it =P
    • Torthur wrote:

      @Eltharyon @Retroman

      Can you guys confirm that IF a hideout IS placeable in a location on the test server, that location will work when queen goes live?
      There are currently no known differences between the version on the test server and the final Queen version. Of course a last minute bugfix could always change this, but I'm currently unaware of any world changes still happening.

      HOWEVER: there is a random resource distribution in the game world (changing daily) AND other players may place Hideouts which can affect your ability to place your Hideout in the exact spot you tested on the test server
    • I like the idea of hideouts being hard and costly to destroy. Conceptionly hideouts were introduced to allow many more guilds to base out in black since the previous city plots were hoarded by zergs. More guilds based in BZ should mean more consistent traffic in BZ. If it was easy to just destroy it would go against the goal of getting more activity migrated out to black.
    • Tabor wrote:

      I like the idea of hideouts being hard and costly to destroy. Conceptionly hideouts were introduced to allow many more guilds to base out in black since the previous city plots were hoarded by zergs. More guilds based in BZ should mean more consistent traffic in BZ. If it was easy to just destroy it would go against the goal of getting more activity migrated out to black.
      Yeah I do agreee they should be hard, But at level 3 It may be alittle to hard, Like almost impossable. At this point I guess it will be better to wait for it to hit live and see how it all plays out. I'm sure there will be things changed over the next few months. I'm just glad Queen is behide us and maybe we can start seeing some new content and not just old system reworked, Its really time to start working on real New content over reworked systems. I feel like since beta and the start of the game they always go back and change a main core content function or rework some system already ingame over adding in totally new things, The game really hasnt seen much full new content since launch. Every patch is like old system changes with maybe 1 or 2 max new things/content. Look at the last two major patchs before queen, We got grp and solo dungs for "real" new content in 2019 and queen is full of old system reworks and map reworks, Only real new things are Hideouts(Which is a rework of townplots so does it really count?), Vanity crap, and umm? hard grp dungs? EDIT: Oh and 3 new sets of gear(1 leather, 1 plate and 1 cloth set). So in all of queen only totally new things are Hard dungs, The vanity system and the 3 new sets of gear...... (Hideouts are just reworked townplots)

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Neef ().

    • I think it would be cool if some maps had another zone or area kinda like terris at some point intime that can be fought over using the old gvg system. Why can't we have both open world terri fights and gvgs they could be closer to the center or something also they could be smaller then terris,They could even be kinda like outposts but taken by 5 man gvg teams or even what would be cooler is if in the zone closer to the portals they added an area in thoughs zones maybe not all of them that could use a 10vs10 GVG type system and the closer you get to the middle that "zone" type becomes 5v5 gvgs. yes I know I just talked about reworking old content but if they did this it would be new content as far as giving us both types and not just crystals.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

    • If i recall corretly, the queen update was supose to help the small guilds or alliance, and the hideouts does not worth it if you are a small guild or alliance. My guild try to put a Hideout two times, and we were not able to defend it becouse of the great zerk that just saw our hideout icon and attack it. We try again and the same thing hapened. At least tray to make a fair way to defend our selves againts those zerks of 100 people againts 20 men guild :u. the map is full of hideouts of great alliances and guilds, and the smallest guilds does not have a chance agains them.
    • If hideouts weren't emblazoned on the map, it might be easier for small guilds to actually get one going. With such perfect intel, twenty minutes is plenty of time for a big guild/alliance to get a zerg to crunch a new hideout placement.

      Otherwise, the big guilds might actually have to send scout patrols over maps, and work to see who's placing what where. Why are the big guilds getting automated intelligence on competition?
    • Actoro wrote:

      If i recall corretly, the queen update was supose to help the small guilds or alliance, and the hideouts does not worth it if you are a small guild or alliance. My guild try to put a Hideout two times, and we were not able to defend it becouse of the great zerk that just saw our hideout icon and attack it. We try again and the same thing hapened. At least tray to make a fair way to defend our selves againts those zerks of 100 people againts 20 men guild :u. the map is full of hideouts of great alliances and guilds, and the smallest guilds does not have a chance agains them.
      Once terri's go live it wont be as hard to place a hideout, They made a mistake by making us wait 12 days to do terri fights we already had to wait 6 months for Queen now we have to wait another 2 weeks for what? I know the session doesn't start til then but still we could have fought over terri's for fun and content. Only reason hideouts are getting so much action is because there isn't much else to do ATM in the BZ. Big big mistake by SBI making us WAIT!
    • at the end of the day "small guilds" will probably need to use public hideouts if you do not have 2-400 kk in your guild bank and 30-50 online during cluster time there is no chance because of the hideouts being on the map during construction.... i personally think they should be hidden and you must "Find" public hideouts and imperfect information similar to reality the city must be placed on a map not auto generated.
    • Actoro wrote:

      If i recall corretly, the queen update was supose to help the small guilds or alliance, and the hideouts does not worth it if you are a small guild or alliance. My guild try to put a Hideout two times, and we were not able to defend it becouse of the great zerk that just saw our hideout icon and attack it. We try again and the same thing hapened. At least tray to make a fair way to defend our selves againts those zerks of 100 people againts 20 men guild :u. the map is full of hideouts of great alliances and guilds, and the smallest guilds does not have a chance agains them.
      Use Diplomacy... and be creative.
    • blappo wrote:

      at the end of the day "small guilds" will probably need to use public hideouts if you do not have 2-400 kk in your guild bank and 30-50 online during cluster time there is no chance because of the hideouts being on the map during construction.... i personally think they should be hidden and you must "Find" public hideouts and imperfect information similar to reality the city must be placed on a map not auto generated.
      unfortunately it feels like the hideouts just help more of the rich not the pour or the small BUT they have just been implemented so lets just let the new season start and see if it changes...


      (we would love to ally with anyone who would have us we are the pour, the small..)