Hideouts: A Detailed Guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dragosin wrote:

blappo wrote:

at the end of the day "small guilds" will probably need to use public hideouts if you do not have 2-400 kk in your guild bank and 30-50 online during cluster time there is no chance because of the hideouts being on the map during construction.... i personally think they should be hidden and you must "Find" public hideouts and imperfect information similar to reality the city must be placed on a map not auto generated.
      unfortunately it feels like the hideouts just help more of the rich not the pour or the small BUT they have just been implemented so lets just let the new season start and see if it changes...

(we would love to ally with anyone who would have us we are the pour, the small..)
      we are already thinking about rending out Hideouts (or the Zone rather - you place your own Hideout) to some of the smaller guilds. Lower tier zones, like t5 for now.. .but its a start...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Dragosin wrote:

blappo wrote:

at the end of the day "small guilds" will probably need to use public hideouts if you do not have 2-400 kk in your guild bank and 30-50 online during cluster time there is no chance because of the hideouts being on the map during construction.... i personally think they should be hidden and you must "Find" public hideouts and imperfect information similar to reality the city must be placed on a map not auto generated.
      unfortunately it feels like the hideouts just help more of the rich not the pour or the small BUT they have just been implemented so lets just let the new season start and see if it changes...
      (we would love to ally with anyone who would have us we are the pour, the small..)
      we are already thinking about rending out Hideouts (or the Zone rather - you place your own Hideout) to some of the smaller guilds. Lower tier zones, like t5 for now.. .but its a start...
      Curious about your business model: why not own the hideout yourself? That makes removing an old renter who cannot or will not pay rent as easy as updating an access list. I assume they're already trusting you not to come and smash their hideout already, so this doesn't seem like a huge leap.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Curious about your business model: why not own the hideout yourself? That makes removing an old renter who cannot or will not pay rent as easy as updating an access list. I assume they're already trusting you not to come and smash their hideout already, so this doesn't seem like a huge leap.
      both ideas work. But having a Hideout that I own means there could be less trust (I can just take payments and then just kick people). But you are correct... the trust could go both ways.

Its probably better if I own the hideout - less hassle. Glass half empty half full kind of thing I guess. Because kicking a non-payer also makes it much more painful for them (hammering down their hideout would be a non-challenge) but for them it will be a much heavier loss.

Also a lot of people might be reluctant to leave gear in rented hideouts when they know they can lose it all with me clicking 1 button (update access list) with 0 % of ever getting it back (unless that Hideout ever gets destroyed?). However if they own the Hideout and they dont pay and I destroy it - they will at least get the personal stuff back once the asset safety timer runs out.
    • Upgrading a Hideout
      A Hideout upgrade can be initiated at any time by any player with Co-Owner access to the Hideout (or the “Manage Hideout” guild level right) in an established Hideout.
      To upgrade the Hideout, the player has to pay the required amount of materials as well as a sum of silver (paid from the guild account).
      The Hideout will then begin upgrading (visible on the outside in the form of a worker appearing on its side). When the upgrade completes, the Hideout will immediately gain a number of defense points and durability equal to the difference between the maximum of the new level and the previous level, i.e. a Hideout upgrading from Level 1 to 2 will immediately gain 2 defense points and 50,000 durability (see Appendix A: Hideout Stats).
      Note that for technical reasons players will be unable to use the Hideout for 2 minutes during the final moments of the Hideout upgrade. Any player remaining active in the Hideout at this time will be ejected to the Hideout entrance, so make sure you’re not inside the Hideout at this time if you want to avoid being thrown into the open world! Players inside the Hideout close to an upgrade finishing will receive on-screen warnings about this.

I think upgrading it is bugged co-owners tried to level the hideout but it doesnt work. Just guild leader can do it.
    • I have a question which I cannot find an answer to and it has to do with the buildings inside the Hideout and their durability running out. Is there a way to prevent this and what do you need to repair their durability? I can't find any info online about repairing buildings with low durability. Some people use the buildings until they have no food and then just leave it, does this cause durability to decrease? Answers to these questions would be very helpful.
    • Is there a plan to make hideouts turn the black zone into less of a blue zone? Can there be a channel added to get in a hideout like the channel to get into a solo dungeon? So many people use hideouts to turn the black zone into a complete safe zone. As hideouts don't get deleted on reset and there are alliances placing more than 6 hideouts in a zone I am worried that there will be less and less PvP in the black zones.