Gathering Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gathering Suggestion

Everyone knows that gathering is really difficult and fun thing in the game, here is my suggestion;

1-) Avalonian tools wants so much energy it has to be lower cause we are already wearing really expensive gear, atleast it may want half energy
      2-)Gathering backpacks are useless none using it anymore so you may add passive skill to it like other faction cape, These passive can be added only on t8 item( otherwise ppl can start to use it as a cape on normal time)
      3-) Why we dont have gathering combat fame? We can use it to increase spec not to unlock next tier, it may help to ppl get high spec on gathering.
      4-) Gathering gear .1 .2 .3 can give more gathering yield so ppl can start to use enchanted gear. Like .1 can give %5 more, .2 can give %10 and .3 can give %15 more gathering yield

I would like to know other players idea aswell, please keep post in here.
    • Exthanilious wrote:

Everyone knows that gathering is really difficult and fun thing in the game, here is my suggestion;

1-) Avalonian tools wants so much energy it has to be lower cause we are already wearing really expensive gear, atleast it may want half energy
      2-)Gathering backpacks are useless none using it anymore so you may add passive skill to it like other faction cape, These passive can be added only on t8 item( otherwise ppl can start to use it as a cape on normal time)
      3-) Why we dont have gathering combat fame? We can use it to increase spec not to unlock next tier, it may help to ppl get high spec on gathering.
      4-) Gathering gear .1 .2 .3 can give more gathering yield so ppl can start to use enchanted gear. Like .1 can give %5 more, .2 can give %10 and .3 can give %15 more gathering yield

Why is gathering difficult?

1. High risk high reward. I started to use always avalonian tools, mostly having 1-2 of them the inventory. After a few deaths I started to use them only in safer zones to gather lower tier mats and aspects. I think the price is ok, it's just not a no brainer. But lets check it after Queen, if we know how we get avalonian energy in the future and how the price will change

2. I use them only in safer zones for gathering and transports. In more dangerous zones fort sterling cape gives a lot more survivability. I would also suggest to give them that passive (or something similar), but not the max mana and mana reg.

3. Getting high spec is not that hard except hide gathering. But hide gathering is something I think needs to be completely changed overall.

4. +1 absolutely, also don't forget the item quality.

I would like to add something:

5. Puppies: Give all gathering mobs, aspects and especially the world bosses the chance of puppies, so they are similar worth to kill, gather and be contested. Currently the Old White is to worth to do it because of the mammoth calf drops. But for all of them change to get the puppies for the gathering and NOT for the kill
    • Exthanilious wrote:

1) Yeah, they're expensive (although the price has dropped). We'll see how Queen works out: maybe more people will use Avalonian tools near their hideouts.
      2) Yeah, they seem less useful (and also aren't affected by enchantment or quality). Would like to see a rework of these.
      3) Gathering combat fame would probably allow using tomes on gathering gear (or doing dungeons?), thus breaking the model of gathering to increase fame. I do wish gathering gear wasn't a null fame sink, though (maybe convert it to credits?).
      4) Enchanted gathering gear actually mattering would be cool. :)

I'd also like to see weapon skills on gathering tools, so you could viably equip the gathering tool. I'd want them to be better at escaping than bloodletters. :)
    • As someone who gathers all resources up to T8 I only agree with backpack suggestion. Everything else is fine imo. Albion is a game of risk and reward (and grind ofc). If you can't easily replace your set then don't risk it. Simple as that.
      Lower tier sets would server no purpose to be honest because you are gathering T2 resources as soon as you leave tutorial area. As soon as you decide to start gathering any resource you hit T4 in like - what? An hour? Two maybe? So low level sets would really serve no purpose.

That's just my opinion. Backpacks could really do with a buff though.
    • Roccandil wrote:

3) Gathering combat fame would probably allow using tomes on gathering gear (or doing dungeons?), thus breaking the model of gathering to increase fame. I do wish gathering gear wasn't a null fame sink, though (maybe convert it to credits?).
      Only with gathering fame, you ll not get anything from dungeon or killing mob. It's just a suggestion and wondering ppl ideas aswell. Let's see what we ll get more ^^

Sharaal wrote:

5. Puppies: Give all gathering mobs, aspects and especially the world bosses the chance of puppies, so they are similar worth to kill, gather and be contested. Currently the Old White is to worth to do it because of the mammoth calf drops.
      Not all the gathering mobs but they can add it alteast all the aspects and bosses.

Worros wrote:

As someone who gathers all resources up to T8 I only agree with backpack suggestion. Everything else is fine imo. Albion is a game of risk and reward (and grind ofc). If you can't easily replace your set then don't risk it. Simple as that.
      Lower tier sets would server no purpose to be honest because you are gathering T2 resources as soon as you leave tutorial area. As soon as you decide to start gathering any resource you hit T4 in like - what? An hour? Two maybe? So low level sets would really serve no purpose.

Yes albion is a game of risk and reward as you said but they may lower avalonian tools little bit so we can use it on everywhere not just for aspects or bosses or while gathering low tier. If its going to stay like that they can buff it with gathering speed cause it doesnt worth right now. I dont care %20 gathering yield at t8 tbh but %20 gathering yield + Gathering speed could be amazing.

Any other suggestion? :)
    • Exthanilious wrote:

Worros wrote:

As someone who gathers all resources up to T8 I only agree with backpack suggestion. Everything else is fine imo. Albion is a game of risk and reward (and grind ofc). If you can't easily replace your set then don't risk it. Simple as that.

Yes Albion is a game of risk and reward as you said but they may lower Avalonian tools little bit so we can use it on everywhere not just for aspects or bosses or while gathering low tier. If its going to stay like that they can buff it with gathering speed cause it doesn't worth right now. I don't care %20 gathering yield at t8 tbh but %20 gathering yield + Gathering speed could be amazing.
      Any other suggestion? :)
      Don't say that about T8 yield :) It's very important. Gathering speed improves on its own with specialization. The more you gather nods of Tx the higher your spec gets and with it the speed at which you gather these nods improves as well. While the improvement you suggest would certainly make it easier for gatherers to collect resources this will directly impact other aspects of the game. First of all, you allow less time to players who are ganking to jump their pray. While we don't like being ganked we have to understand that this games promotes this kind of behavior and therefore we must recognize the need for the ganking window to exist.

Furthermore, the resources would lose a lot of their value if they were easier and safer to obtain.

What they could do is offer a trade off with food buffs. Perhaps they could introduce a food buff which rather then increasing your gathering yield and carry capacity would improve gathering speed (and perhaps something else to some extent - like movement speed). Something along the lines of +30% gathering and 15% movement speed at highest level of food. Then you give players a choice. You wanna gather more but slower or less but faster. I would still see majority of the players go for pies but at least the option to go the other route would be there.

If anything I would say that backpacks could perhaps offer a minor gathering speed buff. Like + 5%.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Worros ().

• Worros wrote:

Don't say that about T8 yield :) It's very important. Gathering speed improves on its own with specialization. The more you gather nods of Tx the higher your spec gets and with it the speed at which you gather these nods improves as well. While the improvement you suggest would certainly make it easier for gatherers to collect resources this will directly impact other aspects of the game. First of all, you allow less time to players who are ganking to jump their pray. While we don't like being ganked we have to understand that this games promotes this kind of behavior and therefore we must recognize the need for the ganking window to exist.
      Furthermore, the resources would lose a lot of their value if they were easier and safer to obtain.

What they could do is offer a trade off with food buffs. Perhaps they could introduce a food buff which rather then increasing your gathering yield and carry capacity would improve gathering speed (and perhaps something else to some extent - like movement speed). Something along the lines of +30% gathering and 15% movement speed at highest level of food. Then you give players a choice. You wanna gather more but slower or less but faster. I would still see majority of the players go for pies but at least the option to go the other route would be there.

If anything I would say that backpacks could perhaps offer a minor gathering speed buff. Like + 5%.
      You are paying atleast 1.5m or 2m for one tool and its giving only %20 yield. That has to be better for my opinion cause doesnt worth anything like this. I'am definetly %100 agree with you about the food. Movement speed ll be sooo op and can destroy ganking mechanic but i really wanna see gathering speed food. Maybe gathering yield+ gathering speed is a good idea. Also we need a really good reason to use backpack so giving gathering yield or anything like that can be good aswell.