Open-World Territory Battles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Captainrussia wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Example:

An attack declaration is made on Monday at 14 UTC.

The attacked territory's prime time is 20 UTC.

The actual attack time will be on Tuesday at 20 UTC.
      What if attack declaration is made on Monday 23 UTCPrime Time is 20 UTC (so attack is 3 hrs after prime time starts, but still during the prime time, as the PT window is 4 hrs)
      The actual attack will be Tuesday or Wed at 20 UTC?

Kyrw wrote:

Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

Can you please reconsider giving the whole zone a gather yield bonus and enchant.
      Honestly, I want to see how this turns out. If it results in guilds bringing zergs to protect gatherers in enemy-boosted maps, I think that would be awesome. :)
      Yeah, I just feel like why should the whole game get a bonus from 1 guilds hard work in leveling that tower, Like i said at the very least the buff should be atleast better for the owners. This would still create battles and fights because the zone will still have a bonus to all players weither its 100% of the bonus or 50%.
      Its more content, It makes other players venture on your cluster, making it more interesting. It might make the owner guild try to scout the map for rogue gathers. This is all good for the game.
      ^ this.
      The bonuses that are Region (cluster) wide - will also bring mass PVP content to your gankers... its a win-win for everyone. If the bonus if guild only - no other players/gatherers would dare enter (lots of risk for 0 reward)
      This is why a bonus of only 50% of the buff to everyone would work just the same, Everyone should not get the same bonus as the owners of the terri. Otherwise why not just let other people level the towers for you. Towers can't hold mats anymore much less FARM seeds even, The only thing they will be good for is the bonus and giving it to everyone makes it even smaller. Yes it is a "Safe" zone for that area but hell Hideouts are safer you can't get dove in a hideout in a terri you can still get murdered.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Example:

An attack declaration is made on Monday at 14 UTC.

The attacked territory's prime time is 20 UTC.

The actual attack time will be on Tuesday at 20 UTC.
      What if attack declaration is made on Monday 23 UTCPrime Time is 20 UTC (so attack is 3 hrs after prime time starts, but still during the prime time, as the PT window is 4 hrs)
      The actual attack will be Tuesday or Wed at 20 UTC?

In detail: The attack always happens at the next available prime time slot. But needs to be at least 20 hours after the attack declaration.

So in your case:
      Attack declaration on Monday 23 UTC
      Attack on Tuesday 20 UTC (Because it is at least a 20 hour notification time)
    • I like that the yield and enchantment rate bonuses are cluster wide and for every player in the zone. This means high level towers will create content by adding an incentive to gather and gank in that zone.

Either way another guild could level the tower for you. Or you could steal someones lvl 8 tower because they don't de-level for an entire month.
    • Lanyday wrote:

I like that the yield and enchantment rate bonuses are cluster wide and for every player in the zone. This means high level towers will create content by adding an incentive to gather and gank in that zone.

Either way another guild could level the tower for you. Or you could steal someones lvl 8 tower because they don't de-level for an entire month.
      Does no one understand that if the whole zone gets only 50% of the buff that it would still bring people to the zone and give more meaning to guilds that level thier towers. Everyone should not get the same reward for that guild doing all the work, I agree that the bonus should apply to everyone but not 100% of the buff, 50% would be perfect for doing nothing and the guild gets 100% of the buff which means a reason to level it and not just let someone else do the work.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

Can you please reconsider giving the whole zone a gather yield bonus and enchant.
      Honestly, I want to see how this turns out. If it results in guilds bringing zergs to protect gatherers in enemy-boosted maps, I think that would be awesome. :)
      Yeah, I just feel like why should the whole game get a bonus from 1 guilds hard work in leveling that tower, Like i said at the very least the buff should be atleast better for the owners. This would still create battles and fights because the zone will still have a bonus to all players weither its 100% of the bonus or 50%.
      I hear you, but that would seem impossible to implement for enchantment rates. You could still do that for gathering bonuses, but would you include allies in the bonus?
      No. Allies benefit from the protection of the terri already. The GUILD owning the terri should get this benefit, just like the actual terries do.
      And i'm still all up for a no alliance game. Switching the UI for a NAP system where the 'allies' would still be attackable would be ideal.

I'm completely against a no-alliance game, simply because it destroys the integration of new players.
    • @Neef The guild owning the territory already gets a lot of benefits from owning it. They get a safe zone in the open world, higher energy and season point generation, the ability to attack other hideouts in the cluster, and protection for their own hideouts in the cluster. The also either get resources or farms in their blue box.

The 5 man team that leveled the territory also gets all of the rewards of winning those high level fights including a lot of silver, fame, and energy.
    • Lanyday wrote:

@Neef The guild owning the territory already gets a lot of benefits from owning it. They get a safe zone in the open world, higher energy and season point generation, the ability to attack other hideouts in the cluster, and protection for their own hideouts in the cluster. The also either get resources or farms in their blue box.

The 5 man team that leveled the territory also gets all of the rewards of winning those high level fights including a lot of silver, fame, and energy.
      I understand that they do get some stuff but really nothing good. A safezone my ass you know how many times I got killed in a terri? A lot because you can just run by the guards LOL, Any good gank group is going in that terri for that ass. Hideouts are the only REAL safezone in the outlands other then the black cities. Everyone should not get 100% of the buff, Its dumb. 50% to everyone else would bring battles and gathers no reason to give everyone 100% of the bonus. The owning guild should get more of the buff. Why would a team want to help other non-guild/non-ally players. You also get the rewards for not leveling the towers as far as the crystal rewards go. It makes more of a reason to take terris and level them by only allowing 50% of the buff to everyone and 100% to the owners guild.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• @Neef The guild controlling the cluster decides which hide outs are fine to exist in a map having the power to make them attackable or charging a fee to let them be.

Now think about this: Even if we talk about a fantasy scenario it is good to have somehow a bit of realism in how things work. In this case, the magic of the tower affects the resourses around it. In the other hand, how do u justify a certain group of persons getting more resources when gathering in that spot and others less? It makes much more sense if resourses in the magic area get buffed due to its effects like radiation in real life.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guilefulwolf ().

• Guilefulwolf wrote:

@Neef The guild controlling the cluster decides which hide outs are fine to exist in a map having the power to make them attackable or charging a fee to let them be.

Now think about this: Even if we talk about a fantasy scenario it is good to have somehow a bit of realism in how things work. In this case, the magic of the tower affects the resourses around it. In the other hand, how do u justify a certain group of persons getting more resources when gathering in that spot and others less? It makes much more sense if resourses in the magic area get buffed due to its effects like radiation in real life.
      you gotta be shitting me is there anything about this game thats like RL rofl. Who gives a fuck how it works, Fuck there is a debuff for big zvz fights how does that magic work in RL rofl.
    • Neef wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

@Neef The guild controlling the cluster decides which hide outs are fine to exist in a map having the power to make them attackable or charging a fee to let them be.

you gotta be shitting me is there anything about this game thats like RL rofl. Who gives a fuck how it works, Fuck there is a debuff for big zvz fights how does that magic work in RL rofl.
      The zerg debuff states it in its own name: >>DISARRAY<<. Its due to the massive amount of people fighting that it becomes harder to fight properly but yes to be more realistic it should a friendly fire feature instead of lowering damage and resistances. I guess they do it this way because its simpler for players than friendly fire.
    • Neef wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Neef wrote:

then live in your zone and don't have to many zones - issue solved
    • Neef wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

giving u some content: in rl if u force gets bigger and bigger u have several problems

Logistics for food and supply
      Corruption of subleaders
      Slow mobility
      Collision and clumps

Just to help u out with some rl content Jimmy
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Neef wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

giving u some content: in rl if u force gets bigger and bigger u have several problems
      Logistics for food and supply
      Corruption of subleaders
      Slow mobility
      Collision and clumps

Just to help u out with some rl content Jimmy
      Are we really trying to conpare Albion with RL, For gods sake what is wrong with people. Its a damn video game it never claimed to be realistic. Fuck I wanna shoot frost bolts out of my hands in RL.........Why can't I?
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

game has omelettes that weigh 8 kilos, and there's talk of being realistic lol
      I didnt say the game should be realistic, i said A BIT of realisms in how things work is good. It means common sense for basic aspects like gravity or plates armors protecting more that leather and leather protecting more than cloth. Things like that.

It doesnt even need to be close to real life because its a game and its based on a fantasy world but in this case it looks much better if resourses r just bigger there due to the magic around and they r there for anyone to collect them. It not only makes more sense but i think its more fun since non alliates will be tempted and will try to steal them.

The same with towers levels, Retroman just announced that gaining control over a tower doesnt reset its levels but u get it in its current level. Why should it be resetted?

Perhaps the words i should have used is common sence and not realism or realistic but i hope now i dont get missunderstood.
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

I didnt say the game should be realistic, i said A BIT of realisms in how things work is good. It means common sense for basic aspects like gravity or plates armors protecting more that leather and leather protecting more than cloth. Things like that.
      It doesnt even need to be close to real life because its a game and its based on a fantasy world but in this case it looks much better if resourses r just bigger there due to the magic around and they r there for anyone to collect them. It not only makes more sense but i think its more fun since non alliates will be tempted and will try to steal them.

The same with towers levels, Retroman just announced that gaining control over a tower doesnt reset its levels but u get it in its current level. Why should it be resetted?

Perhaps the words i should have used is common sence and not realism or realistic but i hope now i dont get missunderstood.
      I'm fine with the tower not resetting level when taken over, I said nothing about this, In RL random people don't get buffed for the work of other groups of people (Like war stuff not other things) Thats like saying my friend goes to the gym everyday but because I was there I also got buffed without doing anything........ Its a damn buff who cares non-guild should only get 50% of the buff and I'm sticking to that. You can make a realistic view of it if thats your cup of tea.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

I didnt say the game should be realistic, i said A BIT of realisms in how things work is good. It means common sense for basic aspects like gravity or plates armors protecting more that leather and leather protecting more than cloth. Things like that.It doesnt even need to be close to real life because its a game and its based on a fantasy world but in this case it looks much better if resourses r just bigger there due to the magic around and they r there for anyone to collect them. It not only makes more sense but i think its more fun since non alliates will be tempted and will try to steal them.

I'm fine with the tower not resetting level when taken over, I said nothing about this, In RL random people don't get buffed for the work of other groups of people (Like war stuff not other things) Thats like saying my friend goes to the gym everyday but because I was there I also got buffed without doing anything........ Its a damn buff who cares non-guild should only get 50% of the buff and I'm sticking to that. You can make a realistic view of it if thats your cup of tea.
      Since it is simpler to implement by a yield bonus they do it that way but u must understand that what is supposed to be buffed is not YOU but the resources affected in the area. The gym example is wrong, it is more like planting vegetables and growing them with fertilizers. They will grow faster and bigger and they can be taken that way by anyone not only the owner or the persons that applied the fertilizers.

BTW i didnt mean u or Fusionbomb said towers should be resetted. It was just another example of good common sense.