Open-World Territory Battles

• Guilefulwolf wrote:

Neef wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

game has omelettes that weigh 8 kilos, and there's talk of being realistic lol
      I didnt say the game should be realistic, i said A BIT of realisms in how things work is good. It means common sense for basic aspects like gravity or plates armors protecting more that leather and leather protecting more than cloth. Things like that.It doesnt even need to be close to real life because its a game and its based on a fantasy world but in this case it looks much better if resourses r just bigger there due to the magic around and they r there for anyone to collect them. It not only makes more sense but i think its more fun since non alliates will be tempted and will try to steal them.
      The same with towers levels, Retroman just announced that gaining control over a tower doesnt reset its levels but u get it in its current level. Why should it be resetted?

Perhaps the words i should have used is common sence and not realism or realistic but i hope now i dont get missunderstood.
      I'm fine with the tower not resetting level when taken over, I said nothing about this, In RL random people don't get buffed for the work of other groups of people (Like war stuff not other things) Thats like saying my friend goes to the gym everyday but because I was there I also got buffed without doing anything........ Its a damn buff who cares non-guild should only get 50% of the buff and I'm sticking to that. You can make a realistic view of it if thats your cup of tea.
      Since it is simpler to implement by a yield bonus they do it that way but u must understand that what is supposed to be buffed is not YOU but the resources affected in the area. The gym example is wrong, it is more like planting vegetables and growing them with fertilizers. They will grow faster and bigger and they can be taken that way by anyone not only the owner or the persons that applied the fertilizers.
      BTW i didnt mean u or Fusionbomb said towers should be resetted. It was just another example of good common sense.
      Not really, Also so what if its the whole zone and not the person, Its still a buff none the less and should not effect everyone the same, Your RL argument bears no weight.
    • @Retroman

What is the point of having a Sentry Mage, in the end? Avoiding solo players to launch attacks?

It made sense to me until this update that it despawns 15 minutes before.

I would make every guard and the sentry respawn at that time (maybe 30 mins before primetime) so that the attackers have to invade and kill the guards while the defenders try to supress the attack, and the sentry mage is the last defense line.

OR the only moment you can declare an attack is during prime time would also make sense, since the defenders would be in their peak time to go there and protect the sentry mage.

So my questions, in the end, are:

What is the purpose of the sentry mage?

What is the respawn time of the sentry mage/guards?
    • Retroman wrote:

Any player can enter the cluster and take part in the fight
      What is the purpose of this? That wins the guild that has more silver to pay mercenaries? and / or with better contacts?

to make matters worse, the mercenaries being from another guild / alliance, will not have the zerg debuff, so it will be 50 people (25 attackers / defenders and 25 mercenaries) vs 25 of the other guild, that is 25 players without zerg debuf, vs 50 players without zerg debuf.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

if 3d party couldnt join the fight you can attack yourself with dummy guilds to prevent ever losing your territory.
      you can't, as they say there are no registration limits for guilds that can attack a territory and everyone will fight at the same time...even if you attack yourself with 40 fake guilds, the real guild that attacked you can cast the crystal and conquer the territory...

What I do not quite understand is because people who do not attack the territory can intervene in this fight ... perfectly a guild can send a single person to cast the crystal while 100 hired randoms, or friends can zone the guild defender, and same when defending
    • Lugavar wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

if 3d party couldnt join the fight you can attack yourself with dummy guilds to prevent ever losing your territory.
      you can't, as they say there are no registration limits for guilds that can attack a territory and everyone will fight at the same time...even if you attack yourself with 40 fake guilds, the real guild that attacked you can cast the crystal and conquer the territory...
      What I do not quite understand is because people who do not attack the territory can intervene in this fight ... perfectly a guild can send a single person to cast the crystal while 100 hired randoms, or friends can zone the guild defender, and same when defending
      How about we just wait for the system to go live, Then we will really know what will happen. Everything else is just guessing.
    • Neef wrote:

Lugavar wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

you can't, as they say there are no registration limits for guilds that can attack a territory and everyone will fight at the same time...even if you attack yourself with 40 fake guilds, the real guild that attacked you can cast the crystal and conquer the territory...What I do not quite understand is because people who do not attack the territory can intervene in this fight ... perfectly a guild can send a single person to cast the crystal while 100 hired randoms, or friends can zone the guild defender, and same when defending
      How about we just wait for the system to go live, Then we will really know what will happen. Everything else is just guessing.
      Devs already explained this. There will be not limit to the amount of guilds that can declare attacks to a cluster at any time during the day and at the next prime time (with a minimun of 20 hours in between) any member of those guilds or the defender can canalize the tower to gain control of it. Of course anyone that has nothing to do and is not allowed by the tower to canalize it can get in the mess and fight because wants to but only the ones in the guilds competting can canalize the tower.