The Battle of Caerleon

• Major fuck up... Not only we didn't got to play the event, we where stuck not able to do ANYTHING. I was litterally stuck on my island a bit before the start of the event and couldn't leave for about 2 hours.
      The single instanced server was the worst decision ever made by devs. Way to screw 95% of people.

I know we're gonna get a few days premium as a sad excuse of an apology, but no massive multiplayer events ever, EVER goes as planned by the devs, they never learn from them and they just suck at it.
      Just stop with these events, it's a pain in the ass everytime.
    • Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologize for the bad experience many of you had- we ran the event with the best of intentions, we wanted to give this era of Albion a cool conclusion, but in the end we made two crucial mistakes here:

1. We underestimated the number of players that would show up for the event (due to Albion's strong player numbers recently).
      2. We were not able to dedicate as many development resources as necessary to the event as the entire team was busy with the Queen update proper.

We'll go to bed now to catch some sleep and be ready for the Queen launch tomorrow, but we'll think hard about our mistakes here and use those lessons in future events.

Sincerely,

Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Game Director
    • Worse than a bad experience was not being able to participate at all.
      you hyped this big time and Albion is the only game I’ve really spent money on or invested a lot of time into. The hype around this was HUGE to me and I’m sure a lot of other players as well.
      being 100% locked out of the event felt terrible to those of us who looked forward to this since the announcement.
      Now with no talk of player compensation or reparations makes it feel like SBI simply doesn’t care about the player base.
      Hand out a paltry sum of silver, some free premium days and a free gear set and I bet 95% of us forgive you.
      do nothing and that 95% will most likely just leave the game... I know I will :( because I can’t get hyped about events anymore because I won’t be able to play in them so why bother right...
      Playing albion means being part of a world and when you are restricted from being part of that world for what feels like arbitrary reasons, it completely breaks your faith in the game...
    • what a pity it couldnt go well due to the massive amount of people wanting to participate but i simply find it ridiculus how some people is over reacting, saying players will leave the game for a 2 hours thing. No one will actually leave the game for this and no one will stop getting the premium because those who get it do it because of its benefits and not for helping the game. Just stop crying, i also logged in earlier than i use to and got stuck in my island for 2 hours and when i realiced i wouldnt be able to participate i just watched the Albion´s stream in twitch.
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologize for the bad experience many of you had- we ran the event with the best of intentions, we wanted to give this era of Albion a cool conclusion, but in the end we made two crucial mistakes here:

1. We underestimated the number of players that would show up for the event (due to Albion's strong player numbers recently).
      2. We were not able to dedicate as many development resources as necessary to the event as the entire team was busy with the Queen update proper.

We'll go to bed now to catch some sleep and be ready for the Queen launch tomorrow, but we'll think hard about our mistakes here and use those lessons in future events.

Sincerely,

Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Game Director
      Thank you for the apology but in all seriousness that 'event', if thats what you want to call it, was MMO gaming 15 years ago. Its like your team have just entered the market and have learned nothing from any other games experience. A complete fail across the board.

What was clear was a 'VERY' small number of your veteran 'friends' seem to have been ok with everything. There were far more than two crucial mistakes...

1. Failed to understand the player base interest in the game - Agreed.
      2. Failed to provide resources to support the event - Agreed. Because you were busy...thats not an excuse!
      3. Failed to develop a structure for the event that would enable large parts of the community to participate.
      4. Missed the opportunity to have each of the 5 royal cities send 'Flagged' Relief forces (players) to try to break the siege from behind.
      5. Failed to create a real siege environment that escalated over a period of time to enable the majority of the player base to be involved. This should have continued to run the 12-13 hours until the maintenance and Queen update.
      6. Failed to understand your own game mechanics that had player teams killing each other when launching e AOE attacks in the BZ. Surely to overcome the Greater external threat...the enemy of my enemy..would have allied to attempt to repel the invasion.

I could continue but I am so disappointed. Its like i've gone back in time 15 years to when Eve and SWG made these mistakes.
      The opportunity was there.
    • MarauderShields wrote:

This event sound amazing, and i hope it goes off without a hitch! The idea of hundreds of players flagging up to defend the Caerleon gates against swarming mobs that never seem to end would be awesome!!! I would play the whole event from start to finish! It would be the ultimate fame farm!!!

However, I'm envisioning 1000+ players all portalling to Caerleon at the same time and crashing the server...

I will be cautiously optimistic, and tell my wife she should probably go shopping with her friends for the afternoon...maybe take the cat with her...
      This player called it

DuendeBrek wrote:

kamilasd1 wrote:

Will the invasion take place in the outlands or in the city itself?
      I would like to extend this question
      In case invasion takes place in Carleon itself, will it be the main square, portal gate or would both of them be connected like in old times?

In case invasion happens to be only in outlands, will portal zones be converted into blue/yellow/red zones, or will they stay black? I'm asking this since I would love to see this being an actual world vs invaders event and knowing community of Albion creating 100 guilds alliance for this kind of event would be near impossible, and event itself would be just a huge clown fiesta of just ZvZ's on forever capped zones with loads and loads and loads of Avalonians on it. Oh, and of course I can't forget about loads of trolls that would love to simply execute people getting knocked to those massive waves of mobs.

Can we actually defend Carleon and alternate history? I can image Albion's game servers won't allow having ~300 players in the zone AND also having like 100-300 mobs on it. Because of that, I can imagine that defense of Carleon is possible unless people will try to clear those probably huge waves of enemies with 200% zerg buff on mobs which would most likely one-shot whole zerg.

@PrintsKaspian / @Mytherceria / @Retroman
      This player called it.

I could go on but how is it the community could see this coming but the 'Devs' didn't.

Massive questions to be asked about the skillsets of the existing team.
    • broicious wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

Hello everyone,

Sincerely,

Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Game Director
      Thank you for the apology but in all seriousness that 'event', if thats what you want to call it, was MMO gaming 15 years ago. Its like your team have just entered the market and have learned nothing from any other games experience. A complete fail across the board.
      What was clear was a 'VERY' small number of your veteran 'friends' seem to have been ok with everything. There were far more than two crucial mistakes...

1. Failed to understand the player base interest in the game - Agreed.
      2. Failed to provide resources to support the event - Agreed. Because you were busy...thats not an excuse!
      3. Failed to develop a structure for the event that would enable large parts of the community to participate.
      4. Missed the opportunity to have each of the 5 royal cities send 'Flagged' Relief forces (players) to try to break the siege from behind.
      5. Failed to create a real siege environment that escalated over a period of time to enable the majority of the player base to be involved. This should have continued to run the 12-13 hours until the maintenance and Queen update.
      6. Failed to understand your own game mechanics that had player teams killing each other when launching e AOE attacks in the BZ. Surely to overcome the Greater external threat...the enemy of my enemy..would have allied to attempt to repel the invasion.

I could continue but I am so disappointed. Its like i've gone back in time 15 years to when Eve and SWG made these mistakes.
      The opportunity was there.
      not to mention that time frame was FUCKNIG GENIOUS

2200 sunday till 1200 monday

I really had nothing beter to do in that time window..........

What you actualy had to do to unfuck the event was:

Give posibility to join carleon faction, if you enter BZ with it other players cannot atack you, you cant attack them, you gain -100% "buff" to resource gathering yeld, - 100% fame/combat credits from regualr mobs, - 100% loot from bossess/mobs (except avalon npcs)

this would ensure that carleon gates on outlands would be defnedned rather than mass lag PK/PVP'd to death and that people would not abuse the faction for PvE

so there would be mass content at outland gates

each player would receive in mail an object like "summoning stone" party leader after activating it would transfer his party to instance of carleon (without working market or bank nor plot shops) which would have teleport npc and no restriction in bringing items to the instance

each instance would have those boxes with "free items" to defend carleon which people would be able to use to re-gear

after completing one phase you could progress to next one

event would last full week from monday restart till introduction of queen

this would allow people to participate in each phase of carleon siege, despite their TZ.

THIS WOULD FIX ALL THE ISSUESS AND MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY

They would get mass contnet (ZvE (zerg vs enviroment xD) and small scale "raid"
    • Skolven wrote:

Major fuck up... Not only we didn't got to play the event, we where stuck not able to do ANYTHING. I was litterally stuck on my island a bit before the start of the event and couldn't leave for about 2 hours.
      The single instanced server was the worst decision ever made by devs. Way to screw 95% of people.

I know we're gonna get a few days premium as a sad excuse of an apology, but no massive multiplayer events ever, EVER goes as planned by the devs, they never learn from them and they just suck at it.
      BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. "get a few days premium" It's like you think SBI gives a crap about us or something XD

We got a hard F in the A and if you didn't like it you can leave. They aren't giving us anything else.
    • GeneralHiro wrote:

Skolven wrote:

Major fuck up... Not only we didn't got to play the event, we where stuck not able to do ANYTHING. I was litterally stuck on my island a bit before the start of the event and couldn't leave for about 2 hours.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. "get a few days premium" It's like you think SBI gives a crap about us or something XD

We got a hard F in the A and if you didn't like it you can leave. They aren't giving us anything else.
      Dude, they used to do so quite often at start, we even got Rubberband Boots as a sad joke at some point. Take a chill pill.
    • Skolven wrote:

GeneralHiro wrote:

Skolven wrote:

Dude, they used to do so quite often at start, we even got Rubberband Boots as a sad joke at some point. Take a chill pill.
      reason they did it was cause they still needed people to be chill and talk good about the game, that is no longer an issue since now tehy just want to grab as much cash before the end
    • Zynthia wrote:

Skolven wrote:

GeneralHiro wrote:

Skolven wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. "get a few days premium" It's like you think SBI gives a crap about us or something XDWe got a hard F in the A and if you didn't like it you can leave. They aren't giving us anything else.
      reason they did it was cause they still needed people to be chill and talk good about the game, that is no longer an issue since now tehy just want to grab as much cash before the end
      Oh yeah this must be right, They didn't just work there asses off remaking the whole outlands for 6 months because they plan on grabbing all the money they can and then running, Your so smart.
    • Neef wrote:

Zynthia wrote:

Skolven wrote:

GeneralHiro wrote:

Skolven wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. "get a few days premium" It's like you think SBI gives a crap about us or something XDWe got a hard F in the A and if you didn't like it you can leave. They aren't giving us anything else.
      Oh yeah this must be right, They didn't just work there asses off remaking the whole outlands for 6 months because they plan on grabbing all the money they can and then running, Your so smart.
      work their ass of? they could have launched this 1 year ago but didnt cause they ahd to ruin the servers some more and help ppl bot more