Can nature staff kill?

• Can nature staff kill?

Hey guys, can nature staff be a viable option for dps and get some kills in pvp?? if yes, what else is needed for that? (armors), i was thinking to combo ith something to let me be tankier like a plate armor... Or axes and spears are a mutch better option if i want to do a a kill and get away?
    • Yes, if the target is retarded.

Nature staff need to kill thorns.

To upkeep thorns you stand still

Almost all nature staffs and except 1 handed have no CC

A spear, dagger, carving has endless trys to fight you, because if it is loosing it just goes away.

Nature works in a duel, if enemy cannot go away, but u will no kill if enemy just walks away .. heals and comes back.

You could try use the speed passive but it will never trigger. Passives for thorns are all not working properly or after 20 seconds...

So the only remaining option is one handed nature which has a CC u can align with a demon cape..

On top of the you can dress demon boots hope for yourself for low health and outrun to kill...

But besides that if target is not retarded, nature cannot kill
    • Yup, thanks for the supporting videos.

You see on the videos as I said to use 1 handed as only option with CC and support by demon cape.

Any PvP player with basic skill (all this is in red - tutorial area) will pop cleric robe or chowl to mitigate the damage or leave the burning ground...

He uses wanderlust to try for one final catch, though he has targets that do stupid mistakes like go back with no health to loot..

But anyway if u want to end your life in tutorial and kill inexperienced players that can work as u see on video
    • gmatagmis wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Any PvP player with basic skill
      It's more about class imho.Some fast-hitting / dot classes just have no chances against thorns, due it's mechanic, and will just kill themself via reflect.
      Well, doubt

Example of Dot Class:

1 H curse on cleric chowl, Cultist or Merc chest, will probably kill you, potentially even if you have a guardian as one example of true BZ

The trick is the Demon Cape, if that is mitigated, it is basically easy

fast hitting example

Normal bow if skills preloaded will kill you, even if you purge it once. And i mean thats the difference..your tutorial players you kill none has preloaded the normal bow, i think they not even know what that means..

Look the Experience of your Victims:

The Axe guy that you rushed while it was at boss on 10 % life
      PVP KILL FAME

The CURSE 1 H you killed

had zero kills this month and zero kills last month

At this point i stopped chking the kills..

I think if you have rudamentary pvp experience, you can kill these guys potentially with a black monk staff in guardian armor...if you use your demon cape + poison at the right moment ^^

Do this in Stonetop or Hohe and i take it somehow serious

The cape damage root thing would be a ton more effective if u use warbow demon cape guardian helm mage robe, and then this works on PvP players sometimes as well..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Andre wrote:

Hey guys, can nature staff be a viable option for dps and get some kills in pvp?? if yes, what else is needed for that? (armors), i was thinking to combo ith something to let me be tankier like a plate armor...
      All weapons (or I should better say - all weapon lines) can kill. It just takes different skill, different situations and some are better for different roles (baiting, nuking/burst, or face-tanking, etc...) so many different strategies and situations that its pretty impossible to describe them all. Its like asking if a Whitch Doctor (or shadow shaman) in DOTA can kill or carry a team? The answer is - it really depends on 100s of circumstances.

Hollywoodi wrote:

Yes, if the target is retarded.

Nature staff need to kill thorns.

To upkeep thorns you stand still

Almost all nature staffs and except 1 handed have no CC

A spear, dagger, carving has endless trys to fight you, because if it is loosing it just goes away.

Nature works in a duel, if enemy cannot go away, but u will no kill if enemy just walks away .. heals and comes back.
      You are correct, partially. All healing classes are the same in PVP - anyone can run away from them...

The skill comes in a concept known from Eve Online as "bait tanking" - where you are so skilled, you know how low you can get your HP to drop (before you pop heal/regen), so that your opponent (who can easily run away otherwise) will stick around and try to finish you off. And that is how you can try to kill your opponents. Obviously like every strategy its not a 100% easy win, and take a lot to pull off. But it works.

Same goes for nature. If you want to kill shitters in Red Zone - sure, you can just kill them with any kind of Nature with any kind of strategy (just spam buttons and heal yourself when you want to) - they probably won't run away.

But vs higher skilled players you'd have to use some better strategy - like "bait tanking" - to make them stay, so that you can secure a kill. This is how Great-Nature always played btw - by bait tanking and making the enemies stay, dropping too low, before popping shield... etc... then getting the kill with 3 stacks of Thorns (old W thorns) + maybe a poison pot and maybe Mage Cawl poison (but not necessary, many ran Scholar Cawl).

TLDR: If you don't like bait tanking and want to play a high mobility (or a kite) class, where you can always stay on top of your enemy - don't play nature in solo PVP.
    • It's not my videos, but the best about current nature dps, you can find on youtube.
      I personally hate to meet those druids in 1v1 and always lose, because i really have no idea how to kill them with xbow with 2-nd q (fast-hitting example).
      Usually i burst them to low, then they heal up, then i'm killing myself with reflect.
      Same goes for arenas, where they perform as DPS very well, supporting with off-healing and reflecting tons of damage.
      "A lot of dirt" in PvP terms.
      Depends on the team however, they can't carry bad team, but with good team they shine.
      As arena healer, i personally don't dislike when i have one in my team, it's ok for me, and indifferent when enemy team have one.

So all my statements are based on subjective personal experience.
      WTB skill
    • Example on nature...

Yesterday we duo hellgates I was on nature and we completely fooled the rat..

My partner needed to leave I was on thorns then..

The rat kept attack me for 15 mins. I don't say that because of the griefing, but of the inability of a nature to go for a kill...

Mobility classes can tag you forever ..and restart the fight, you cannot end it, unless they stupid..

In the past nature had the choice between defence and offence. Similar to curse nature could decide if it wants as passive resist or run speed. Nature still has this choice in theory, if on thorns, in reality not..

As nature is currently weaker in small Scale compared to holy I would suggest 3 changes to make the passives working again:

1) remove the standtime on thorns.. Autoattack is punishment enough

2) reduce the cooldown of thorns. Cooldown does not affect damage or whatever, but u could trigger passives by recast thorns

3) If you cast thorns, depending on your thorns stacks, you use more Mana.. similar as spear Q stacks

If u play around 2 and 3 u can get thorns really fixed and manage passives by Mana demand
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

In the past nature had the choice between defence and offence. Similar to curse nature could decide if it wants as passive resist or run speed. Nature still has this choice in theory, if on thorns, in reality not..
      I think "speed" nature (as in move speed) is only intended if you are healing (HOT Q), it does not work on DPS (Thorns) set up - but that was intention of DEVs. They really hated that Nature could kite so well and heal too. (well any many many ppl cried on forums). I wasn't one of them - as I figured how to render nature with thorns (W) completely useless by using a Guardian Helm, but Guardian Helm wasn't in the game for that long I guess for people to adjust - and Nature got re-made/rebalanced anyway...

Remember - the original HG rat was nature that was uncatchable and unkillable.

The only true kite classes remaining in Albion are bow (Warbow primarily, but others can too) and spear (1h primarily, but others can too)
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

And curse, curse is the best kite especially with hit and run

And

I have a holy kite build for duo, that works similar to nature, in some aspects even better
      Really? I know Curse "can" kite... but it takes more skill (much more then bow/spear) so I usually don't include it in the kite classes.
      Plus - I feel like you need speed on Curse just to finish off and secure kills (well one way of doing it), not to actually kite... but thats my subjective opinion of course.

Many classes can play (kite?) in different ways - and thats great for the game IMHO. Good to have variety.

PS. Holy kite build with Demon Boots?