frost staff / daggers / spears

• RandomDude wrote:

Oh, you are right.Iam for sure that every weapon is meant to be competitive in 1vs1.
      So... Wait.....

Let me 1vs1 with my holy staff...
      Yep you can win with holy but, it only works if you have a party of 5 friends

So, as a holy player i want:
      1. Instant smite
      2. No mana cost on smite
      3. 0.1 sec stun on smite
      4. true damage on smite
      5. every 5th smite god comes down and smash your face with holy lightning.

:saint: <3 :thumbsup:

No? Sad world.
      I want my whispering bow to one shot everything without any drawback, even the king Arthur itself.

No? Sad world.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• speaking of spear. The W cripple is just weak. I mean even if you want to use it. You have to wait to see when enemy pops boots. Shoot, if they got blink it's useless to use full potential. Only good against swords

I mean got to give something else when no boots/movement buff is on target. Shorter cooldown or something or do a 180degree fan AoE.

I think you have to be close to hit off.
    • McDobs wrote:

All frost spells should have some form of CC (slow, stun, root). I play with plate armor to maximize the cc potential but even so it is weak.
      exactly, and holy smite should go on Q and have 4 meter AOE with knockback 20 meter and a root after knockback + a passive that purges and each 3 cast reset all CD like xbow..

Seriously man, I want smoke the same things as you .

On the other side, if u balance it to carving u changes are okay, though then u need to buff everything..to match carving - but that makes no sense
    • Constantly nerfing stuff won't lead to anything, buffing underdogs is the way to go, small tweaks here and there go along way. Nerf batting everything will result to more cry and un-interesting gameplay. The weapons need utility and tweaks not number buffs. Also try to be helpful and offer insight if you have any. Otherwise just let the creative people talk and sit in your corner.
    • Wish frost had new Q spell that is not that mana hungry. We are pretty much forced to play scholar robe(or occultist maybe?) plus/or helmet/boots with mana utility and i dont like it. There is no diversity at all :/
      Ice shard is great for pve and group play overall, but other Qs feels useless af - low dmg/cc.

littleoff:
      Would love to have melee frost weapon (fists maybe xd) that has uniq Q spell, so we could build something actually interesting, frost bruiser or shit. Just a dream tho.
    • Daemonium. wrote:

Wish frost had new Q spell that is not that mana hungry. We are pretty much forced to play scholar robe(or occultist maybe?) plus/or helmet/boots with mana utility and i dont like it. There is no diversity at all :/
      Ice shard is great for pve and group play overall, but other Qs feels useless af - low dmg/cc.

littleoff:
      Would love to have melee frost weapon (fists maybe xd) that has uniq Q spell, so we could build something actually interesting, frost bruiser or shit. Just a dream tho.
      Hoarfrost is a superior option when you stack cast speed and not energy hungry at all.
    • I am really confused by this thread.

Frost are one of the S-Tier options when talking about PVP, ok, there are better options for 1v1, for 2v2 frost is already super solid and for 5v5 perma is godtier, like every composition almost always have a permafrost. Yes, maybe other frost staffs are not so much played, but it is basically because Perma E is so OP that all the other ones fall aside. Anyway the other options are also solid because even if they don't have a OP E they still have the damage output (which is one of the highest atm), 1H frost staff is played a lot as the smaller brother (cheaper aswell) of perma.

Daggers aswell is one of the most viable PvP options, Claws is the prefered pick of gankers, Deathgivers are picked for 1v1, 2v2 and 5v5, Bloodletter is strong for actually on every PvP content,1H dagger, dagger pair and even black hands are all good for 1v1/2v2...

In the other hand, Spears have been nerfed to oblivion, making them unusable for any content in the game...

Maybe new patch changes this a bit, but requesting to buff 2 top tier weapon trees and a nerf to the worst tree in the game at the moment is really confusing to me....

And yes, spear slow is tematic with the weapon because spears are meant to be wielded kiting. I mean they could change the slow for a small knockback, I wouldn't mind, but I guess a small slow is more balanced...

But don't trust me, go and check meta based on data...