Best class / Combination for a Solo player?

• Best class / Combination for a Solo player?

Hey guys, im coming back to albion, last time i was here was on the game release.. so i guess a lot has changed....

From now, what is the best weapon, armor, skills and skillline options to follow for a solo player? i like all contend, pvp, pve, craft, dungeons.... (may be there is more than one to chose)

thx alot.
    • Solo player u need mobility and mobility and .. mobility

That's why u are either

Warbow, guardian helmet mage robe scholar sandals / demon boots

Or you are

Carving sword, guardian helmet, mage robe, scholar sandals / demon boots

Or you are

Bloodletter, same gear

Or you are

Greataxe, stalker chest, reflect helmet - optional Merc chest
    • Pick a DPS weapon with one or more AOE spells on it, so you can clear mobs reasonably fast.

Avoid any of the Plate Armors. Mercenary Jacket is a good default for new players because it's spell is a pretty large heal when used effectively. While its going to be the "best" for you in a couple months, it will allow you to much more easily get to that point by not falling over and dying to mobs as much along the way. Think of it like a set of training wheels.

If you want to be a little more aggressive you can start with Mage or Cleric Robes. They increase your damage at the cost of sustainability, but you can throw on a Guardian Helm and Guardian Boots to provide the training wheels for yourself until you know how to not stand in fire and get knocked down 2-3 times a dungeon.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Solo player u need mobility and mobility and .. mobility

That's why u are either

Warbow, guardian helmet mage robe scholar sandals / demon boots

Or you are

Carving sword, guardian helmet, mage robe, scholar sandals / demon boots

Or you are

Bloodletter, same gear

Or you are

Greataxe, stalker chest, reflect helmet - optional Merc chest
      Thx alot, can you tell me the pros and con from each weapon you listed??? and what would be your particular choice and why??

thg again.

Piddle wrote:

Pick a DPS weapon with one or more AOE spells on it, so you can clear mobs reasonably fast.

Avoid any of the Plate Armors. Mercenary Jacket is a good default for new players because it's spell is a pretty large heal when used effectively. While its going to be the "best" for you in a couple months, it will allow you to much more easily get to that point by not falling over and dying to mobs as much along the way. Think of it like a set of training wheels.

If you want to be a little more aggressive you can start with Mage or Cleric Robes. They increase your damage at the cost of sustainability, but you can throw on a Guardian Helm and Guardian Boots to provide the training wheels for yourself until you know how to not stand in fire and get knocked down 2-3 times a dungeon.
      thx bro... what weapon would be the best for that??? for this AOE grind and which one is more pvp or pve??? and what would be your particular choice? thx!
    • Andre wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Pick a DPS weapon with one or more AOE spells on it, so you can clear mobs reasonably fast.

thx bro... what weapon would be the best for that??? for this AOE grind and which one is more pvp or pve??? and what would be your particular choice? thx!
      It's really more about you finding the one you enjoy using. You will have a better time in AO playing with weapons you like playing with, than playing with an objectively better choice that you hate using.

I use a Clarent Blade usually, but Dual Swords are good as well. If you are willing to spend a little more silver for your gear set then the Carving Sword is great to. I don't generally recommend new players starting out on the artifact weapon trees though, because they require 3x the fame for each point in spec, and you can really feel the difference early on. They also usually cost between somewhat more and wildly more silver. I'd start with Dual Swords on the sword tree.

Halberd or Greataxe are both good choices on the Ax tree. Infernal Scythe is a good artifact choice as well.

One hand spear is good.

I enjoy Great Fire Staff.

I'm not going to tell you to use a specific weapon. There are dozens of choices, and the chances of me telling you the one that is going to end up being a perfect fit for you is effectively 0%. All of these will get you started quickly down a path that will allow you to learn how to make the choice for yourself later. No one in the history of existence has chosen a weapon when they started and ended up playing it for their entire time in AO. Part of the end game is having a variety of weapons available for all the different kinds of situations you will find yourself in. The mistake is to sit around trying to theory craft the best possible choice and then just never actually going out and playing the game. Trying out a bunch of weapons to find the one you like best isn't wasted time. You are sort of obligated to understand all the weapons and gear in the game in the end, so even if you pick up a weapon and only use it for a day or two, you will be learning valuable AO life skills.

If the tie breaker for you is going to be value in PvP, I'd probably avoid the Clarent Blade and the Infernal Scythe. The Carving Sword is great in both, but it's also a Soul level artifact, so if you spend a lot of time dying in full loot zones the costs can be significant in your early AO life. Dual Swords, Halberd, Greataxe and 1H Spear are probably some of the best hybrid PvE/PvP starter weapons. All are normal weapons. Cheap to replace and you build spec fast enough that you can really start feeling the difference even after a few days of playing. They all, also, have mobility buffs on their skill set. Something that is important for both PvE and PvP.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Andre wrote:

Piddle wrote:

It's really more about you finding the one you enjoy using. You will have a better time in AO playing with weapons you like playing with, than playing with an objectively better choice that you hate using.
      I use a Clarent Blade usually, but Dual Swords are good as well. If you are willing to spend a little more silver for your gear set then the Carving Sword is great to. I don't generally recommend new players starting out on the artifact weapon trees though, because they require 3x the fame for each point in spec, and you can really feel the difference early on. They also usually cost between somewhat more and wildly more silver. I'd start with Dual Swords on the sword tree.

Halberd or Greataxe are both good choices on the Ax tree. Infernal Scythe is a good artifact choice as well.

One hand spear is good.

I enjoy Great Fire Staff.

I'm not going to tell you to use a specific weapon. There are dozens of choices, and the chances of me telling you the one that is going to end up being a perfect fit for you is effectively 0%. All of these will get you started quickly down a path that will allow you to learn how to make the choice for yourself later. No one in the history of existence has chosen a weapon when they started and ended up playing it for their entire time in AO. Part of the end game is having a variety of weapons available for all the different kinds of situations you will find yourself in. The mistake is to sit around trying to theory craft the best possible choice and then just never actually going out and playing the game. Trying out a bunch of weapons to find the one you like best isn't wasted time. You are sort of obligated to understand all the weapons and gear in the game in the end, so even if you pick up a weapon and only use it for a day or two, you will be learning valuable AO life skills.

If the tie breaker for you is going to be value in PvP, I'd probably avoid the Clarent Blade and the Infernal Scythe. The Carving Sword is great in both, but it's also a Soul level artifact, so if you spend a lot of time dying in full loot zones the costs can be significant in your early AO life. Dual Swords, Halberd, Greataxe and 1H Spear are probably some of the best hybrid PvE/PvP starter weapons. All are normal weapons. Cheap to replace and you build spec fast enough that you can really start feeling the difference even after a few days of playing. They all, also, have mobility buffs on their skill set. Something that is important for both PvE and PvP.
      i will check this weapons gamaplay and skills on youtube... thx
    • Solo play means, you very often face the situation that 5-29 player will try kill you..

A great fire, is a good weapon to PVE but has exactly Zero Mobility on it.

That means Everytime u get ganked you pay the bill.

That why carving bloodletter 1h spear etc are good to solo.. these can run away or catch

The solo PvP in this game has very often the situation, one runs into one direction till full life again and restarts the fight...and runs..and restarts the fight..and runs..

You get the point.. while a great fire has nice AOE it completely sucks in solo PvP
    • good answers here, especially @Piddle - basically got it covered, you gotta play what you enjot, but you need to try a bit of everything to know what you might enjoy.

I've been working on putting together a list of different classes on Youtube to see what you can use for good PVE farm (I try to optimize for fast clears, but with a thought for PVP, as its for Black Zones).

here is my playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQDXt21BvRnrS_iVJWuOCkexVbru09bc5

I am looking to add Fire (GreatFire) and Curse (Lifecurse) soon to the list.
    • I personally use various leather chests when running solo. Mostly Assassin or Hellion jackets for higher damagebonus and the aoe lifeleech aura. Leather armors also have cdr skills and good balance of armor and damage for solo play. Cloth armors are option also if you really want more damage.

You could just try all different weapons and find your own, i have used all kinds of weapons and i mostly like sword/axe/spears atm.

Also remember you pick head/boots for the passives/abilities they give, not for armor or anything like that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Termak ().

• Neef wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Man, you cannot avoid gankers solo ..

They will be successful if u live there, even I get caught from time to time.
      Im sorry but I'm confused you said you can't avoid gankers then you say you get caught from time to time.... Its either you can or can't.....Btw the answer is you can get away but not always.
      It is not confusing at all. You cant always escape, which means you will get caught sometimes