Battleaxe Vs Broadsword

• Battleaxe Vs Broadsword

So I'm sure that most of you on here know of the broadsword's crazy strength and the inadequacy of the battleaxe
      Broadsword E
      - 10m Range Leap to close the gap
      - Can Interrupt
      - Gain flat resistance Not based on Stacks
      - 10s CD (Op imo)
      - Not to mention Crazy dmg
      Battleaxe E
      - Melee Range
      - Offers ONLY Lifesteal (Not enough tbh)
      - Fairly weak damage
      - 15s CD
      Swords also have a passive move speed buff from their Q stacks and combining E leap, this makes the weapon very sticky
      Axes have always lacked mobility and to get good mobility you'd probably look at the Adrenaline Ability.
      The problem is that Axes have to swap their Damage for mobility. Ex. Adrenaline over Deadly Chop or spinning blades
      Sword is able to keep on target and still have the free range of their W's (Not to mention Parry Strike)
      There also Lies the problem of the Axes Notorious Energy Costs. Sword > Axes

Possible Fixes?
      You could add the same leap to the battleaxe
      Add 20% Move Speed Upon reaching 2/3 Bleed Stacks (Blood Frenzy or something
      Lower Energy costs of axes slightly
      Make Battleaxe E Slow for a small amount but over a decent duration? 15% slow over 4s?

What do you think of Battleaxe? Is it already the hidden OP? I'd love to know your thoughts c:
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Battleaxe is one of the best weapons for solo 1v1s... too bad solo 1v1 is almost non-existent...
      Unfortunately right now - no, after last E change it become even more useless.

@Inconsequential Don't compare this two weapons , broadswords are not OP , they got other flaws and if you dont see them/or don't know about them - do not even try to compare this weapon to others. Especially when this two weapons are different as fuc* , with it's own goals.

But, i agree with you - Battleaxe suck, and must be reworked.
    • Equart wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Battleaxe is one of the best weapons for solo 1v1s... too bad solo 1v1 is almost non-existent...
      Unfortunately right now - no, after last E change it become even more useless.
      @Inconsequential Don't compare this two weapons , broadswords are not OP , they got other flaws and if you dont see them/or don't know about them - do not even try to compare this weapon to others. Especially when this two weapons are different as fuc* , with it's own goals.

But, i agree with you - Battleaxe suck, and must be reworked.
      we can do some testing I suppose? (I hate testing in bank duels as most idiots there bring like 7.3 gear which would be unreal for OW) BTW - Im not saying its "the best" for 1v1s, but I'd put it close to 1h curse or Carving or Bow for 1v1s I guess.
    • @Captainrussia I don't know man when ill be free to test it. But you can ask anyone who was playing in openworld via this weapon for a long time , and i can bet they will confirm my statement.

Personally i love this weapon ,and even was using it in some rare setups and circumstances when there was an old version of its E spell.

And about this -

Captainrussia wrote:

Im not saying its "the best" for 1v1s, but I'd put it close to 1h curse or Carving or Bow for 1v1s I guess.
      When 1h Curse and Bow are 10/10 for me , Battleaxe is 2/10 , both for pvp and pve. When the old version was about 5/10, ofc it is my subjective opinion.

Whole idea how Retro changed this mechanic(Lifeleech) is great , i was hyped as fuc* . But when i test it - i realized that right now many depends on IP , and on native + dmg stats heavily. On top of that there are always problems with stacks (heavy depend on them, otherwise heal amount will be very low) and low native E damage amount. And this is one target melee ability with CD in 15 sec.

One more thing - You can check "pretty new" solo PvP video on @Helgulfr youtube channel with this weapon

So you could see how hard to play on this weapon
    • Equart wrote:

When 1h Curse and Bow are 10/10 for me , Battleaxe is 2/10 , both for pvp and pve. When the old version was about 5/10, ofc it is my subjective opinion.

Whole idea how Retro changed this mechanic(Lifeleech) is great , i was hyped as fuc* . But when i test it - i realized that right now many depends on IP , and on native + dmg stats heavily. On top of that there are always problems with stacks (heavy depend on them, otherwise heal amount will be very low) and low native E damage amount. And this is one target melee ability with CD in 15 sec.

One more thing - You can check "pretty new" solo PvP video on @Helgulfr youtube channel with this weapon
      yeah its not easy... used to be one of my fav weapons at launch...

I see what Helfgur is doing (Max HP for max Guardian), I was thinking and testing along the same lines... except with Druid Robe for those stacked heals (on both Guardian Helm and Axe E). I was able to pull off 650 heal on both (its funny they both E and Guardian were healing for same amount), 650x2 = 1300 HP in 1 second at full stacks of course.

Or My favorite Hellion (or Merc) for the leather set up :)
    • Alves wrote:

battleaxe can be worse than carrion caller need a rework for real....
      I am not sure that I understand the point of this comment. Carrioncaller is an artifact weapon. Surely it should be better than the basic single hand. So with this logic, it is Carrioncaller that needs a buff first.

I use battleaxe for pve with druid robe. the spell gives both damage and heal bonus, which is nice. (edit: actually, there has been a change to the battle axe E heal. So the robe heal bonus has no effect anymore, it seems.)

Well, I am levelling every axe, somehow carrioncaller seems rather nice for solo pve. For a skill shot the carrioncaller E could surely be buffed a little.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().