One-handed holy staffs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• One-handed holy staffs

I'm now 400/400 in holy staffs, and along the way I played everything, except Redemption staffs (would love to know what that one's good for! :) ). They all seemed to have their place, except the one-handed holy and Lifetouch staff. Their ability to have an off-hand modifier didn't seem to make up for their weak Es.

For the one-handed holy staff, would be nice if the E was also a cleanse, like Lifetouch.

For Lifetouch, the range on the E is so short it might as well be a self-cast, and it's basically an inferior version of the Divine staff. Why not make it a channeled self-centered AoE like Great Holy? Not a knockback, but a healing cleanse.
    • Roccandil wrote:

I'm now 400/400 in holy staffs, and along the way I played everything, except Redemption staffs (would love to know what that one's good for! :) ). They all seemed to have their place, except the one-handed holy and Lifetouch staff. Their ability to have an off-hand modifier didn't seem to make up for their weak Es.

For the one-handed holy staff, would be nice if the E was also a cleanse, like Lifetouch.

For Lifetouch, the range on the E is so short it might as well be a self-cast, and it's basically an inferior version of the Divine staff. Why not make it a channeled self-centered AoE like Great Holy? Not a knockback, but a healing cleanse.
      was already said here - but yes - Lifetouch is a must for 2v2 HG (its almost borderline OP there, almost is the keyword). 1h Holy used to be good for 2v2 HG as well a while back, not sure what changed actually, I still think its pretty decent, except that Lifetouch is artifact and therefore it should have "more bang for the buck".

I also personally prefer Lifetouch when running group t8 dungeons... but many people like other things. I guess its all a flavor.

IMHO - having a cleanse on 1h (non-arti) staff would be OP.... its non-artifact for a reason...
      The short range for Lifetouch E is there for a reason as well... its a very very strong ability and it makes anyone immune to any CC (self included) when cast on. Its basically a guaranteed heal if cast on self (cannot be interrupted either).

And yes - I've seen some Redemption use in 2v2 HGs. Its supposed to provide healing "on the go" - so designed for high mobility scenarios, I think the intention was for ZvZ at first, but not sure how the meta worked out for it...

here is a "Lifetouch OP" 2v2 HG compilation from a Guildie: