What should i do now?

    • Narrek I think you are also not understanding the feedback you have been given. If no gear trashed that would conversely make gear worthless as there would be a gigantic surplus on the market.

      Also when you say no one likes to die and lose their stuff that is also not even close to true. Obviously PvPers prefer to win and take the gear of the opponent but the flip side is the understood inevitability you will also lose your shit at times.

      The gear impact based on tier is being tweaked on Queen to give additional bonus IP based on higher tier worn. This makes it less likely to be killed in your example of 2 T4s vs a single T8. However you can still die to 2 T4s if you are outplayed which is also how it should be.

      The Albion community is here precisely because of the full loot mechanics. Albion by no means boasts the best PvE or world exploration so if those are a players sole objective they should look elsewhere.
    • @Captainrussia
      I feel like its challanging but not in a right way. because in hard compatible games you should really be good to be able to compete with other players. you should use the right skill in the right moment. And so on.. But its more like annoying rather than challanging to just lose everything you have every time you die.
      Also in my opinion life is hard enough and you shouldn't come tired from your job and start "working" in albion.


      Captainrussia wrote:

      In gathering - you can go from t4 to t5 in 1h
      t5 to t6 in 5 hrs
      t6 to t7 in 5-6hrs
      Of course that means you have to challenge yourself and go gather better (and higher tier) resources to get the max fame you can. The challenge comes in figuring out how to do it without dying all the time.
      well i dont think so.. t4 to t5 indeed takes 5 hrs (if you're not counting the days that you should wait for the lp-s)
      t5-t6
      every for example granite block is being mined in 30 seconds and you will find a block lets say in 30 seconds because of how many ppl are farming it in the zone. it gives you 28 fame and you need to get 100k fame in order to reach to the learning point.100k/28=3571 3571/60=59
      59 hours for reaching to the learning point
      lets say you farm in a black risking your loot zone and there is no players taking all the granite..so you will find 1 granite every 10 sec and farm it in 30 sec and you have an avalonian hammer and gathering armor which gives 14.5 yield.. well that is still more than 20 hours of annoying not challanging grind. Also remember that you have to wait 24 days to get enough lp to be able to finish your progress.

      Captainrussia wrote:

      It really depends on what kind of spell/skill. 63 dmg is 50% more DMG than 46 - which is a lot. It also scales differently when all things are taken into account (HP, dmg bonuses, IP bonuses and other things)
      And in the next Queen update - higher tier items (starting with t6) will get a small mastery Item Power bonus as well.
      its more like 28% more. And please remember that its not the difference between t4 and t5.. its the difference between the lowest tier and the highest tier of that staff.
      Like i said its not encouriging you to rich to the highest tier and actually buy the high tier items. I see so many people who have over 300mil fame that walk with an adept's gear.
      At the beggining was like nice i've got to t6 in like 2-3 hours. then I realize that my damage and hp is actually almost the same. I killed the low tier mobs with almost the same effort as before. when you spend a milion siver on your whole gear and you just kill the mob 1 second earlier. this gets old really quickly. The game shouln't be either everything at once or nothing. it should be balanced. I mean I have worked as a game designer and its not that hard to just take the mobs make them bigger and stronger and add them into higher tier dungeons. I was shocked that even black zones have the exact same dungeons.
    • Narrek wrote:

      Guys instead of asking me to go and play another game please try to explain how you deal with the boring system the game goes along. because currently most of the comments look like just tilted disagreement. "if you can bring an argument that proves that the boredom in this game is really interesting that would be a really good reply". I feel like i've explained why people wouldn't be interested to continue playing. so consider leaving a thoughtfull message or just leaving instead of spamming the comment section and making it hard for other people to find something that has a meaning.
      Id like to reply by saying many Ppl have plenty of things to do after dungeons.. we take territory.. outposts.. PvP chests in the open world.. world bosses.. we gather and craft for our guild.. hellgate and gvg.. dungeon dive and gank transports.. we have feuds with other guilds .. this game after dungeons is centred around PvP. Sometimes I lose my gear .. sometimes I gain someone else's gear.. I'll admit in the beginning it hurt to lose my gear but I joined a nice guild and learned alot! They taught me effecient gathering crafting.. how to be safe in red and black zones.. how to keep cashflow.. and most importantly they taught me to fight with no fear.. they taught me to be humble in losing my gear and to gear up and jump straight back out to the hostile zones.. and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.. that guild is now dead and since I have created my own community.. lead guilds been officers in guilds and it's so fun passing on what I learned to others..long story short I think joining a guild could do you a world of good because it's what has kept me playing this very game since beta.. over 3 years now
    • Tabor wrote:

      Narrek I think you are also not understanding the feedback you have been given. If no gear trashed that would conversely make gear worthless as there would be a gigantic surplus on the market.
      Well I actually answered to this in the tread thats why i was counting it as a repetitive question. But you're right i should've explained it further.
      You shouldn't sell any gear to people. only resources. there should be a store where every item has its prices which lets you sell back with like 10% fee.
      And believe me there are hundred ways to fix that... you can simply increace the resource rate needed for the gear. Or make the repairing possible only with resources(which you need to buy from other people so the player based market would still be actual) I mean you can even add a player based repair system. Players can add their items over night with a silver price and others who learn repairing over time on low tier items can repair their high tier item and take the silver. which could be way more interesting spec than crafting the same item for 1000 times and becoming a better crafter.

      Tabor wrote:

      Also when you say no one likes to die and lose their stuff that is also not even close to true. Obviously PvPers prefer to win and take the gear of the opponent but the flip side is the understood inevitability you will also lose your shit at times.
      Believe me I have friends who hate this game because of that. People in the chat complain all the day about how they were just farming in a bz or rz and lost all of their stuff and i've seen many threats in the Feedback & Suggestions zone that complain about losing their loot.
    • ginzeng wrote:

      Id like to reply by saying many Ppl have plenty of things to do after dungeons.. we take territory.. outposts.. PvP chests in the open world.. world bosses.. we gather and craft for our guild.. hellgate and gvg.. dungeon dive and gank transports.. we have feuds with other guilds .. this game after dungeons is centred around PvP. Sometimes I lose my gear .. sometimes I gain someone else's gear.. I'll admit in the beginning it hurt to lose my gear but I joined a nice guild and learned alot! They taught me effecient gathering crafting.. how to be safe in red and black zones.. how to keep cashflow.. and most importantly they taught me to fight with no fear.. they taught me to be humble in losing my gear and to gear up and jump straight back out to the hostile zones.. and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.. that guild is now dead and since I have created my own community.. lead guilds been officers in guilds and it's so fun passing on what I learned to others..long story short I think joining a guild could do you a world of good because it's what has kept me playing this very game since beta.. over 3 years now
      I agree that after playing the game for some time you will get used to the environment but my point is that most people don't bother with the struggling at the start and just quit the game. I have a guild and a great one.. we get cheap items and we do factions we capture castles zvz and hellgates. But the game shouldnt be only for grouped people.. most people start the game with a bad guild or no guild at all others just like to be alone. and there should be something to do for them too.
    • You keep talking about pve and how much full loot is killing the game. If you lose everything when you died you did something wrong, namely having everything on you. You keep proposing sweeping changes to a game you clearly haven't played much.

      Bottom line, the devs aren't going to eviscerate the core gameplay because you're whining on the forum about how bad you are. Git gud or git out.
    • The red zones don't seem to be working as intended: they're more dangerous in some ways than black zones. Until that's fixed, we can expect to see more threads like these, and expect more new players to just silently quit after getting ganked too many times in the red zones.

      @Narrek, the developers are evidently planning to rework the red zones to be more solo/small-party friendly. This won't happen until after Queen, however.
    • Narrek wrote:

      I feel like its challanging but not in a right way. because in hard compatible games you should really be good to be able to compete with other players. you should use the right skill in the right moment. And so on.. But its more like annoying rather than challanging to just lose everything you have every time you die.
      Its exactly the same in Albion. "Being good" = knowing which skills to use in what situation, but it also extends beyond the "here and now" meta of the fights into the next level - that is having the situational awareness of know when you should engage, or when you should run. That also encompasses much bigger (macro-level meta) things like knowing which zone to be in at what time (when is prime-time and when PVP might be good or when gathering might be dangerous - just as an example).
      The "skill" of Albion is not only on the "micro" level of the combat engagement - but also on knowing and understanding bigger "more global" things (hence the term "macro"). Another example: its probably a bad idea to go solo gathering if there is a ZvZ fight nearby (or about to be one within the hour) or if people are doing Castles or Mages or other "zerg-size" objectives.

      Narrek wrote:

      Also in my opinion life is hard enough and you shouldn't come tired from your job and start "working" in albion.
      Thats true, and thats certainly one way to look at it. But the way I see it - is if you can have fun in a challenging environment (like this game here) - then you can also be much more relaxed and have fun in life - even when life is challenging. I feel that a lot of people who enjoy Albion are not living "an easy life" - they have simply learned how to adopt and be good in any situation and more importantly - have learned how to cope with a loss and continue pushing on to be better. I treat Albion as a "simulation" of some sort. If I can overcome a challenge in ALbion - I can maybe feel more empowered about overcoming challenges in life. At the end of the day - In Albion Im competing vs other people (and vs their competitive-creativity or competitive-survival instinct) just like in real life - Im also competing vs real people (be that at work, at sports, in relationships, etc... etc...)

      Narrek wrote:

      well i dont think so.. t4 to t5 indeed takes 5 hrs (if you're not counting the days that you should wait for the lp-s)
      t5-t6
      every for example granite block is being mined in 30 seconds and you will find a block lets say in 30 seconds because of how many ppl are farming it in the zone. it gives you 28 fame and you need to get 100k fame in order to reach to the learning point.100k/28=3571 3571/60=59
      59 hours for reaching to the learning point
      lets say you farm in a black risking your loot zone and there is no players taking all the granite..so you will find 1 granite every 10 sec and farm it in 30 sec and you have an avalonian hammer and gathering armor which gives 14.5 yield.. well that is still more than 20 hours of annoying not challanging grind. Also remember that you have to wait 24 days to get enough lp to be able to finish your progress.
      No, legit, t4 to t5 takes 1 hour (in t3 or t4 BZ, where all nodes are 4/4 or 5/5 full). T5 -> T6 takes 5 hrs and T6 -> T7 takes about 5-6 hrs. I just did it 2 days ago (the 25% fame bonus helped, but you can just add on like 2 hrs to account for that). The trick is to do this in BZs where all the nodes are full. Red zone and yellow/blue is of course all mined out by people who are risk averse. If they take 0 risk - they get virtually 0 reward (or very very little reward that the have to suffer hours and hours to grind for those 1/4 nodes). Also there is more shiny in BZ (or rather, a full 4.1 node that is like 4/4 will give you much better fame). And yes - stone kind of sucks, as it has no shiny (yet). Stone will get shiny in Queen update.

      Narrek wrote:

      its more like 28% more. And please remember that its not the difference between t4 and t5.. its the difference between the lowest tier and the highest tier of that staff.
      Its 50% more.
      46 x 1.5 = 69. That is a 50% increase. A 50% increase (in any game) - is huge. If I can have 50% more DMG, 50% more armor and 50% more HP - I will wipe the floor with you... with 2-3 of you most likely too...

      Narrek wrote:

      Like i said its not encouriging you to rich to the highest tier and actually buy the high tier items. I see so many people who have over 300mil fame that walk with an adept's gear.
      Your spec really makes your high tier items shine. A 400/400 soec adds like +2 tiers to your gear. I think you just dont understand how spec and Item Power works. Someone 400/400 spec (meaning all 4 nodes in a given skill tree maxed to 100/100) in 4.1 gear is equal to a completely 0 spec newbie in t7 gear. If they overcharge that 4.1 "adept" gear - it become equal to t8.0 gear on a 0 spec char. And because t4 (adept) gear is so cheap and overcharge causes gear trashing - even people with 300 mil fame would rather run 4.1 and overcharge then to run something more expensive. This however - will get rebalanced in the upcoming Queen update. Overcharge will cost 10 energies (10x cost increase) and higher tier gear (starting with t6) will get a mastery bonus. So overcharging cheap gear will not be profitable, and running in high tier (but non-OC) will give you a slightly bigger bonus (but any bonus is welcome... so all good)

      That is also the reason who you often times see a newbie in t6.1 (or t7) dying to a veteran who is in 4.1 (Overcharged) and then comes to the forum to cry or just rage-quits the game. TLRD: many new players just don't understand the game mechanics - because they don't ask how things work - instead they come and rage here...

      (I am happy that you are asking questions tho).

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Captainrussia ().

    • its interesting how in the queen update they actually tried to fix almost all the issues i was talking about .. there are less red zones now(well i agree that removing the full loot from the game will ruin the market in every way), the high tier items are buffed a little bit and the low tier items are nerfed a bit... they added the enchanted stone thingy which makes it easier to lvl up as it gives a lot more fame when you mine the enchanted ones.. the only thing i'd still love to see changed is
      1. the items still need to be more balanced. I see a lot more people running to full loot zones with their high tier items than before. but still i mean most people aren't buying high tier and bringing it to full loot zone. if i have t8 100 spec items i should be sure that if 4-5 gankers are attacking me with a t4 gear i will be able to kill them all alone. Because its too expensive and if i dont bring it to full loot zone its basically useless. and its should be harder to get to 100 spec because so many people have 100 spec currently.
      2. the dungeons need to still differ more from each other. i dont want to be able to run t8 dungeons with my t4 gear and get almost the same loot i get from the t4 dungeons. I should buy high tier items for high tier dungeons.
    • Look my friend I give you a pve answer.

      I can easily do T8 SRD in good clear speed with gear that is in total 40 k

      If I die in PvP, imagine I have to repair it, and the repair bill is 40k

      And now instead of repairing, just buy another set for 40 k and go on...

      Clear now?

      And on top of that I can kill in my 4.1 gear with my friend 4 gankers in T7 equiv gear, that is the beauty of the game

      And to top that, I can even take my friend, we both in 40k Gear and win 80-90 % of our hellgates with that cheap shit or kill 2 gankers on T7 deathgivers and direwolfs..

      That is again the beauty of the game..

      So basically..with just a "repair bill" of 40 k we do the endgame content..

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Hollywoodi ().

    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      I can easily do T8 SRD in good clear speed with gear that is in total 40 k

      If I die in PvP, imagine I have to repair it, and the repair bill is 40k
      @Hollywoodi first of all looks like you are missing the point or you didn't read the reply it idk... because it seems like you are basically proving my point
      the point is not to make your repair bills less. And its not about repairing your set after dying in pvp even though i don't know how you repair after pvp death when you will lose all your loot...
      the point is to make it balanced so you don't do the endgame pve content easily with a t4 gear. Why? Because as I mentioned before and it seems like you forgot to read it, nobody buys the t8.3 gear which is really expensive because as you mentioned you can kill in your 4.1 gear with your friend 4 gankers in T7 equiv gear which means that t7 is expensive but not as good (which is hard to believe but youre basically prooving my point so i dont care). so this means that half of the game's content is just useless unless they buff those high tier items or nerf the low tier items or both...
      i basically repeated the whole thing to explain everything to you... please read the thing before putting a comment cuz i dont have time to repead all this stuff again.
    • Narrek wrote:

      the point is to make it balanced so you don't do the endgame pve content easily with a t4 gear. Why? Because as I mentioned before and it seems like you forgot to read it, nobody buys the t8.3 gear which is really expensive because as you mentioned you can kill in your 4.1 gear with your friend 4 gankers in T7 equiv gear which means that t7 is expensive but not as good (which is hard to believe but youre basically prooving my point so i dont care). so this means that half of the game's content is just useless unless they buff those high tier items or nerf the low tier items or both...
      No, his point is that with player skill - you can "shit on" those skill-less players who try to use high tier gear (but really don't know how to play the game, or just not as good, maybe they are just average players).

      That is actually pure definition of balance. i.e - player skill > gear.

      Now imagine what players like @Equart or @Hollywoodi could do if they actually ran in t7 gear (well Equart already does). But the point stands. If you are skilled and you can kill gankers in t7 in 4.1, then you could probably kill gankers (bad skilled ones) who are in 8.3 when wearing t7.

      Skill > CreditCard. And this is also why there is no P2W in this game. I've said it many times.
    • You don't die everytime you enter a red or blackzone and if you do your doing something wrong, Try not to stay to the roads in black and red zones they get camped a lot. When your going through red or blackzones try to stay away from the roads. Also Red and more so blackzone PVE dungs drop better loot and rewards. Also blackzones have better resources. The main thing you want to do is find a guild to join and then a few players to play with. This will boost you in the way of not getting ganked alone. If your playing with other people you can go out and kill other players together and you will find it very fun, Also if you don't like playing with other players you can solo pvp but this will be more risk but you can kill players solo and in return you will get more loot. You must get better at knowing what builds to use, Which there are tons of great videos that can help with that on youtube and even on captainrussia's youtube. Don't get stuck on the losing gear part. It is very easy to get silver from t6 or higher dungs to replace gear. You can also get into gathering to make your own gear. Another option is to bring a bloodletter with you when you fame in the red or blackzones and only use the bloodletter for getting to theses dungs and when your inside you can switch to the weapon you want to level. You only need a t4 bloodletter with a t4 miscaller. This item will help you a lot by getting away from gankers if you get dismounted it has 2 dashs on its W and the E. I would join a guild though over playing solo as this game is much more fun playing with other people and using discord to talk to each other. There is a ton more things to do in this game then just PVE solo dungs. They also just added 20man elite dungs that are very hard to clear and pretty fun with really good loot.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      No, his point is that with player skill - you can "shit on" those skill-less players who try to use high tier gear (but really don't know how to play the game, or just not as good, maybe they are just average players).

      That is actually pure definition of balance. i.e - player skill > gear.

      Now imagine what players like @Equart or @Hollywoodi could do if they actually ran in t7 gear (well Equart already does). But the point stands. If you are skilled and you can kill gankers in t7 in 4.1, then you could probably kill gankers (bad skilled ones) who are in 8.3 when wearing t7.

      Skill > CreditCard. And this is also why there is no P2W in this game. I've said it many times.
      all this still has nothing to do with the fact that bringing high tier is still not worth it... if you are skilled you can fight with t8 gear and win the t8.3 1v1 or "2v5". Player skill > gear is a really good thing and i dont mind it. i don't like the fact that high tier items are expensive but they are basically useless because every time you enter a full loot zone you risk losing them to a t4 ganker. this doesn't mean that the game will lose the beauty of skill > gear. because you still will be able to outskill others with your low tier gear and when it gets harder you can bring high tier items which is basically improving the market. if you are skilled enough you still can kill t8's with your for example t7. with your logic we should've been able to kill t8.3 with a t1 gear but its not that way because noone will buy anything but t1.