Adjustments to the Crystal League

• Adjustments to the Crystal League

Please see Crystal League - Rewards and Schedule for more information.

Good day everyone!

We have been collecting a lot of feedback over the last few days regarding the crystal league and are adjusting softcap progression and itempower progression.

Softcap and Itempower

We have increased the starting Itempower to 900 and added a scaling to the itempower softcap.
    This way we can have one fight with 1100 itempower daily but keep the cap harder to ensure that lower levels are not purely dictated by itempower.

What is the softcap?

The softcap scales down all itempower over the itempower cap.
    So a softcap of 80 reduces the itempower above the cap by 80%.
    You can see the effects of this in the arena.

Player A has 1100 Itempower:
    • In Level 1 Player A will have 940 itempower
    • In Level 2 Player A will have 1030 itempower

LevelItempower CapSoft Cap
    190080%
    2100070%
    3110060%
    4120050%
    5130050%
    6140050%
    7150050%
    8160050%
    9170050%

We are happy to hear your thoughts on this!

I wish you guys a great weekend.

Update (07.01.20)

Seldom wrote:

Thank you all for your feedback and happy new year!

We have put a lot of thought into your replies and went over all of them. There were many great ideas that we will keep in mind.
    Crystal League will develop over the coming seasons, as participation and demand will show us how to adapt.

Softcap Adjustments:
    All Soft Caps have been upped to 80% again.

LevelItempower CapSoft Cap
    190080%
    2100080%
    3110080%
    4120080%
    5130080%
    6140080%
    7150080%
    8160080%
    9170080%

Hope you guys have a great week!
  • Thanks for listening to feedback!

Although I am extremely disappointed that there's no additional changes for late NA / SEA in the 5-10 UTC area. Since launch this time zone has been severely neglected and I mistakenly thought this new system would be more inclusive. (Launch was nothing from 0500-11 UTC and consolidated changed it to 0400-1600)
  • Raising the floor of IP is enough if you open the soft cap to less than 80% they will return the problems of conventional GvG where people with too much wealth will step on the small entities making less and less people play CL over the time.

Taking into account that with the new IP floor, the specializations and the equipment are part of the entry point, lowering the soft cap will make it the richest one has the greatest chance of winning when in reality the Crystal League plan according to the roadmap was that you can "self sponsor" with 50% today, entities with T8.1+ equipment are seen in IP caps of 1000 annihilating new entities without so much wealth.
  • @Seldom

would be nice if you could set level 1 to 700-800 and artificially boost everyone’s IP by 300-200 to account for the meta, but if not this is still better

could all crystals (or at least NA, don’t know how other regions times are for them) now be moved forward an hour? I imagine the goal with movin 1-3 back an hour would be to to overlap the 1-3 and 4 timers to let new players have days with no higher end players in their crystals.
    The problems here are that level 6-7 are still very late for some in NA and that now, we have daily crystals overlapping with one of the prime times in the NA timezone at 3UTC, making it so guilds that crystal won’t be able to defend their territories/hideouts
    The other option is to add a second level 1-3 at the previous time so we just get more fights every day which would be awesome

thanks for listening, hopefully we can continue cleaning this up and get something great for queen

also, is there a reason we can’t have crystals running hourly on a level 1 then 2 then 3 then 1...... rotation? Is there an issue with the amount of players that would be in them or something making level 2-3 too easy?
    IGN: DungeonRealms

The post was edited 1 time, last by Disregard ().

• Keep the soft cap at 80% or even raise it to 100% so it remains a matter of pure skill and not a pay to win format.

Actually i think the initial floor of 700 IP for level 1 was totally right since the newcomers´ IP with a tier 4 set will be somewhere around that number because they dont have any progress in their specs yet. Raising it will make it harder and/or more expensive for them.
    Not to mention that level 1 to 3 tokens will be tradeable in the market so we can start directly from level 3.

Perhaps an IP progression like this would be better:

Lvl. 1: 700
    Lvl. 2: 900
    Lvl. 3: 1100
    Lvl. 4: 1200
    Lvl. 5: 1300
    Lvl. 6: 1400
    Lvl. 7: 1500
    Lvl. 8: 1600
    Lvl. 9: 1700 (or even no cap at this point)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Guilefulwolf ().

• Thanks for listening to feedback.

More timers with slightly reduced rewards seems to be to everyone's benefit.

I'd love if 1 2 3 were staggered and cycling. It would feel like mini "Tournaments" and action that often could get people really into 5v5. Currently teams avoid bringing new players in part because they only get one crystal per day and they want to win. I would play with various teams from my guild throughout the day with this system.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Goofydot ().

• Add More timers and softcap of 80% and we are good to go.

3 utc its already 12 AM on Argentina, then 4 and 5 utc, 1 and 2 am?
    Why are you guys refusing to add more timeslots? You have a Global server, with 3 timeslots you wont have everybody happy.

20 utc its 17.00pm, we come from work around 18/19 pm.
    Waking up at 6am

Albion have a big population of Brazilian , Chilean and Argentinian players.

The only way we can play with those timeslots its quitting our jobs.

The post was edited 5 times, last by baibiscuit ().

• Goofydot wrote:

There's not currently a problem with people overgearing crystals at 50% IP cap. Most killboards from the crystal gvgs are within 80IP and t7 towers are extremely important.
    You're one of these who were killing newbies in 6.1 with your 8.1 in Anglia hommie. There is a HUGE problem with snowball with 50% soft cap. 80% in every level. I can debate 8-9 because are final fights but 1-7 need to have 80% or the system will be the same as today the GvG's.
  • OriginalGangster wrote:

Goofydot wrote:

There's not currently a problem with people overgearing crystals at 50% IP cap. Most killboards from the crystal gvgs are within 80IP and t7 towers are extremely important.
    You're one of these who were killing newbies in 6.1 with your 8.1 in Anglia hommie. There is a HUGE problem with snowball with 50% soft cap. 80% in every level. I can debate 8-9 because are final fights but 1-7 need to have 80% or the system will be the same as today the GvG's.
    Yeah if only the best GVG team didn't wear 8.1, then X noob guild wouldve won season. Damn. The irony of your comment is that June was built from a team that grew confident dominating veteran teams in 6.1 crystal GvGs.

If a team is having trouble gearing 6.1 they're likely not going to fair well against experienced teams.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Goofydot ().