Improvements to Tier 7/8 Resource Spawns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Neef wrote:

CaptainPando wrote:

I would say.. Don't change the graphics of the nodes. Because then gathers will just only search for those nodes. Make them all the same and then Gathers get a Good surprise when they hit the bigger nodes.
      I was thinking the same thing Good man.

Neef wrote:

Im sure they would not change how many nodes there are just add ones with different spwn random amounts. I would rather find them at random, everyone will just focus the big ones. If they are random and look the same it will feel more rewarding when you do find a big node, Rather then just looking for a big rock

Sas3bg wrote:

Yeah i also think they dont need to change the models. It will
      Be nice to find 27/27 :)

Lets see if they listen to us?? Or just ignore
    • H4nk wrote:

EnErgEstER wrote:

Wonder what the difference in skinning nodes will be. The larder to the smaller.
      I guess more nodes = bigger change to get pups :) Or I am wrong?
      the hide/amount of stacks on an animal doesn't effect the pup drop rate. The mob itself has a drop rate and that depends on which pup it is. You can check out pup drop %'s on albion2d if you look up the mob name there is an option to see all loot drops with there drop rates.
    • I am fine with the T7 3/3 and T8 2/2 but just a quick glance at what is present in 1 zone i see 4-10 T8 nodes of 1 resources type [current build]
      Then in Test build i would need to find between 54 - 135 T8 nodes in a zone to have similar resource distribution [test]... i dont really feel like counting but wow

My next concern is the way enchants will spawn... idk how you have it designed but as a gatherer seeing an 8.1 is exciting [current]
      In the test finding an 8.1 means max 6 ticks of 8.1 [test]

I think that kinda sucks the individual gathering instead of nearly 90 resources 8.1 you will get 6 unless you find like 25 nodes at 8.1

I feel that the aspect system could be changed to have aspects of all Tiers spawn t2 aspects would still be somewhat valuable just because an individual wouldnt have to run about to get that number of resources its 1 place finding them all...
      of course a T2 aspect should be easier than a t6 and a t8 harder .. but it should scratch peoples i found a shiny itch and create a PvP magnet when you have multiple people finding it gearing up and trying to go kill it as well as people needing to bring carry mounts out to get it home.

I like aspects also as a way to turn gathering into a group task..

much of the time i find i hate gathering because its a very solitary activity... having 3 people in zone trying to gather just means less resources for each so people in the same guild feel they are competing for nodes...

perhaps if introducing both the 3/3 2/2 and 23/23 27/27 t7 t8 nodes... perhaps the larger nodes are group nodes... somewhat like hideouts there is a threshold of how fast you must mine to get ticks off of it... so you bring 3-5 people to gather the node and each person gets resources per tick...
      maybe some other implementation than that... just wanting something to make gathering less isolated but still profitable

last thought... increase that randomness in resource respawn... instead of t8 nodes respawning ~10.8 hours with a 1 hour window of randomness [idk what the window is]
      open it to a 16 hour window.. a t8 might respawn 2 hours later or 18 hours after mining... the issue i think most people have is the gatherers who get on after server reset get the best access to high tier nodes... if the window were higher people 3-5 hours behind the server reset would be finding nodes coming up even if they had recently been mined 5 hours prior.
    • I can not believe no one is commenting on this "Tier 8 Zones will have resources of Tier 7 and 8." THIS SUCKS! Right now I can go to some T6 and T7 zones to find T7 and T8 resources. Having T8 only spawn in a T8 zone is super bad idea. I don't know how many t8 zones there will be but I can tell you they are going to get over camped by mega guilds and alliances with outposts and what not that any t8 resource price is gonna sky rocket and only people in those mega guilds or alliances will actually be able to gather said resources. Solo gathering will become next to impossible unless your a member of the mega guild or alliance Smaller guilds and alliances are gonna have a hard time getting the higher tier resources. So don't say your = redistributing t8 cause yeah your redistributing it all right but exclusively to a t8 zone that will have outposts in place and maybe even terries, castles, and now building able hidden outposts so controled by the mega guilds/alliances it will be very hard if not impossible for a gather to get the t8 resources if that gather does not belong to the guild or alliance that controls that aera. T7 and espically T8 should not be exclusive to the same T level of zone. Yall need to rethink this or its gonna screw over gathers and smaller guilds and alliances
    • Soreta wrote:

I can not believe no one is commenting on this "Tier 8 Zones will have resources of Tier 7 and 8." THIS SUCKS! Right now I can go to some T6 and T7 zones to find T7 and T8 resources. Having T8 only spawn in a T8 zone is super bad idea. I don't know how many t8 zones there will be but I can tell you they are going to get over camped by mega guilds and alliances with outposts and what not that any t8 resource price is gonna sky rocket and only people in those mega guilds or alliances will actually be able to gather said resources. Solo gathering will become next to impossible unless your a member of the mega guild or alliance Smaller guilds and alliances are gonna have a hard time getting the higher tier resources. So don't say your = redistributing t8 cause yeah your redistributing it all right but exclusively to a t8 zone that will have outposts in place and maybe even terries, castles, and now building able hidden outposts so controled by the mega guilds/alliances it will be very hard if not impossible for a gather to get the t8 resources if that gather does not belong to the guild or alliance that controls that aera. T7 and espically T8 should not be exclusive to the same T level of zone. Yall need to rethink this or its gonna screw over gathers and smaller guilds and alliances
      I think your thinking it will be like the current map, The new map is way different then the old map, The old map has t8 in non t8 zones only because the way the map was made before mats were removed from terris only. This made old zones around the world boss become t8 mat holders which only merica had t8 zones. In the new map there is t8 and t7 zones everywhere I mean there is a shit ton and there is either the same amount of t8 zones as there is in the old map(When I say t8 zone I mean zones with t8 nodes) or there is more. There is no way they will all get camped by big guilds/alliances there is just to many.
    • Can we talk about the awful respawn rate? Pre-Queen, only those who wanted to gather did any gathering, it was a choice. Post Queen, Everyone is living in their hideouts and gathering is crucial to your survival. This means that everyone is gathing, and all zones have been stripped. After a few failed attempts to gather in zones that have been fully stripped I'm going to have to give a hard pass on Queen soon. It's one thing not being able to gather when market access was so close, but it's almost unplayable when you can't gather and there are no other options around.
    • A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

Can we talk about the awful respawn rate? Pre-Queen, only those who wanted to gather did any gathering, it was a choice. Post Queen, Everyone is living in their hideouts and gathering is crucial to your survival. This means that everyone is gathing, and all zones have been stripped. After a few failed attempts to gather in zones that have been fully stripped I'm going to have to give a hard pass on Queen soon. It's one thing not being able to gather when market access was so close, but it's almost unplayable when you can't gather and there are no other options around.
      your main problem here, is that anyone who actually tried to gather knows how wrong you are.
    • Gathering is way better now imo.

I always find T8/T7 in T8 maps, even if not in high quantity.

Many maps are just full of resources since no one is going there.

But, of course, you can't expect to go to a map close to a portal and find it full of resources.

Nor find all T8 nodes with charges due to huge respawn time.

Overall, i'm enjoying the new resource distribution.
    • A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

Can we talk about the awful respawn rate? Pre-Queen, only those who wanted to gather did any gathering, it was a choice. Post Queen, Everyone is living in their hideouts and gathering is crucial to your survival. This means that everyone is gathing, and all zones have been stripped. After a few failed attempts to gather in zones that have been fully stripped I'm going to have to give a hard pass on Queen soon. It's one thing not being able to gather when market access was so close, but it's almost unplayable when you can't gather and there are no other options around.
      I see tons of mats everywhere Is this guy looking on the Old map or what lol? Resources are way better all jokes aside, I do believe that t8 nodes spwn timer is alittle high but still there is t8 and t7. I would say i see more then the old map forsure. You just need to look in better zones, Zones away from the portals and center.
    • the new system is an absolute joke.

i roamed in a few t8 maps seeing only 20% of the mats (most of them was t7) alive and none of them was the new big node type. and it was "after" maintenance.

2nd absolute joke was there was very few open world mobs around. i felt like i was roaming on plains\meadows.

seems like this game is gonna have very big problems in the close future.
    • solventh wrote:

the new system is an absolute joke.

i roamed in a few t8 maps seeing only 20% of the mats (most of them was t7) alive and none of them was the new big node type. and it was "after" maintenance.

2nd absolute joke was there was very few open world mobs around. i felt like i was roaming on plains\meadows.

seems like this game is gonna have very big problems in the close future.
      Maintenace doesn't effect nodes anymore pretty sure, Idk I seem to find more t8 then before but like I said above I do think that over 24 hours to respwn big nodes seems alittle high.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

your main problem here, is that anyone who actually tried to gather knows how wrong you are.
      How so exactly? There are more people that need to gather than before and the respawn rates are not able to accommodate it.

Neef wrote:

A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

I see tons of mats everywhere Is this guy looking on the Old map or what lol? Resources are way better all jokes aside, I do believe that t8 nodes spwn timer is alittle high but still there is t8 and t7. I would say i see more then the old map forsure. You just need to look in better zones, Zones away from the portals and center.
      Have you tried looking at any of the High Tier zones? Everything gets stripped and you're lucky to get 20 pieces of anything after an hour. At least in the past, you might not see any t7 or t8 but could gather a ton of t6. Can't even do that now. Maybe the area we settled in is just full of too many people, but it's all stripped and unless something changes, I don't see myself attempting to live in the BZ. I see myself quitting.