Improvements to Tier 7/8 Resource Spawns

• Improvements to Tier 7/8 Resource Spawns

A lot of you reached out to us about the upcoming changes to Tier 7 and Tier 8 resources in Queen.

For those of you who've missed it:
      In Queen, we've brought Tier 7 and Tier 8 more in line with other resources. They spawn more frequently, and there's a lot more of these resource nodes, but they no longer spawn fully charged with 20+ charges - instead they spawn with a single resource in them and can only stack up a few.

We saw a number of advantages in this, and many of you agreed, but there were also many voices who disagreed with this change and felt it would remove conflict between gatherers.
      It seems like some players love to search for a long time and then find a big reward worth fighting over, while other players prefer to continuously find small rewards as they roam the world.

We believe we've found a way to deliver both experiences, and we've begun working on an improved distribution of resources where some resources will spawn in "big chunks" (like a big tree with lots of T8 wood in it, similar to the 23 charges in current nodes always spawning full) and some spawn in smaller amounts (like small bushes of T8 wood with 1 charge initially and stacking up to 3).

Of course we need to create new graphics for resources to communicate which ones are which. This requires additional work, especially for the Hide resources, so I cannot promise that we will manage to get this change into the Queen Update. We will certainly try, and at the very least, we will patch these changes in as soon as possible. That said, I think the work and wait will be worth it, as it adds variety and additional excitement to hunting for resources in the open world.

We'll keep you updated on our progress on this in the new year and wish you a happy Holiday Season!
      - Robin ‘Eltharyon’ Henkys
    • This sounds like a good middle ground, i just hope the time between this change and queen going live isn't too long to allow those guilds/alliances with 10000s stockpiled to gain too much of an advantage over guilds that need to actually gather in a much more hostile and less rewarding world. Would have been nice to see a 'hotfix' to the issues presented but progress is progress at the end of the day :)

Just to highlight what seems like an overlooked point though... the current system will not let us "to continuously find small rewards as they roam the world" it will mean there's almost no resources at almost all times of day available to a single gatherer, finding 1 resource is not a reward, please don't call it that, we will risk a lot more dismounting for that 1 resource than it's worth in that moment. Going out for a gathering session will mean getting a couple dozen t8 at most over a much longer and riskier time period, it's just overall not a fun experience. If the goal of queen is to punish gatherers and stop them actually being able to supply themselves or their guild then that's fine but it's not what has been communicated so it's a bit confusing. It only takes 10 minutes gathering on the test server to realise how nasty life is going to be as a gatherer unless these people actually think they're going to find 2/2 and 3/3 t8/t7 nodes in abundance when queen goes live... lol

Thanks for listening but i think more attention needs to brought to the fact that gathering just became much more time consuming and riskier without any additional reward with what seems to be a untested change. (the test server is not adequate, the zones aren't active enough to even begin to show the troubles the live server will have)
      Join our guild https://discord.gg/pejawjG

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheKlux ().

• Roccandil wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Can't we just have T7 and T8 aspects to solve that 'find a big fat node' ?

It will bring fights, it will be rewardable, and they will be rare just the way they want.

This way we can keep all the actual small nodes PLUS the rare aspects.
      I'd like to see those aspects, but they do nothing for solo gathering.
      Why would they do nothing for solo gathering?
    • Roccandil wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Can't we just have T7 and T8 aspects to solve that 'find a big fat node' ?

It will bring fights, it will be rewardable, and they will be rare just the way they want.

This way we can keep all the actual small nodes PLUS the rare aspects.
      I'd like to see those aspects, but they do nothing for solo gathering.
      More gatherers focusing on aspects means less gatherers on the smaller nodes
    • Roccandil wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Why would they do nothing for solo gathering?
      I'm assuming T7/8 aspects wouldn't be soloable (maybe that's inaccurate).
      right... I think its a bit of a stretch yet (but yes - could be that they will make them non-soloable), as the current t6 aspects can be soloed (kind of pain in the butt to solo it, but its doable)
    • ortolano wrote:

@Korn @Eltharyon what about the mammoth puppies? More mammoth more % to loot mammoth..

Swear you will reduce the % to loot puppies?
      Why does it matter if there is more puppies? 25m for a mammoth is stupid anyways. Back before free to play they went for like 5m to 10m. There is a lot more players now and I'm sure queen will bring even more people so we need more pups anyways to bring down the cost. The drop rate is super low anyways.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

ortolano wrote:

@Korn @Eltharyon what about the mammoth puppies? More mammoth more % to loot mammoth..

Swear you will reduce the % to loot puppies?
      Why does it matter if there is more puppies? 25m for a mammoth is stupid anyways. Back before free to play they went for like 5m to 10m. There is a lot more players now and I'm sure queen will bring even more people so we need more pups anyways to bring down the cost. The drop rate is super low anyways.
      either they want more mammoths in the game to encourage caravans or they've overlooked it. Either way, demand will skyrocket and a new price will be set. Hard to tell at this point if demand will still be higher than supply so they could even become more expensive.
    • Im sure they would not change how many nodes there are just add ones with different spwn random amounts. I would rather find them at random, everyone will just focus the big ones. If they are random and look the same it will feel more rewarding when you do find a big node, Rather then just looking for a big rock

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().