Crystal League - Rewards and Schedule

• Neef wrote:

Svenblade wrote:

This isn't complex.We lost GvGs.
      We get different timeslots and rewards for CGvGs.

I hope you are intelligent enough to infer the implications.
      Lol? Crystals system is totally different with it having 3 Cgvgs per day and more on other days with some days having what 5 that day?. Yes we lost terri gvgs but you could only Terri GVG on 1 char 1 time a day inless it was a zone next to it or a retail. Current Cgvgs are 2 time slots per day. Waymore spread out timeslots also. New system you can gvg for 3 hours straight. Well kinda but every hour in that 3 hour span.

You are either being intentionally opaque or unintentionally ignorant to the serious flaws evident in the new CGvG system.
      It's can be summed up simply with these two major flaws:
      1. The amount of coordination and work necessary to compete with a 5s team is not going to be properly rewarded on an individual basis, day in and day out.
      2. The amount of "action" that you get doing this new CGvG system is going to be only a few minutes, compared to what will likely be hours of prep and sitting around waiting for matches to start.

Why would I do tier 1-3 crystals 3 times per day?
      Even if I was awake 24 hours, and had no other obligations in my life, the *individual* rewards are significantly worse then Hellgates.
      We also lose the only other two motivating factors:
      1. Significant clan points for our daily matches.
      2. Practice for extremely high stake territory control matches that brought both wealth and territory.

If by "GvG for 3 hours straight" you mean only in the off-season, and only once every hour, I ask you again, why?
      I can do hellgates with 0 buy-in, better rewards, every 15 minutes (or less if I cycle zones per gate) instead of every hour.

Why are some of us lamenting this change?
      GvGs used to be some of the highest stakes content in the entire game. CGvGs were almost like informal scrims, with hell-gate esque rewards and significant Clan points, that we did in practice and prep for GvGs.
      However, the amount of time/coordination spent to get 5 people geared/prepared/practiced for daily matches that took about 7-15 minutes was extraordinary. We only bothered because of the prestige and some of the secondary benefits associated with having a skilled GvG team ready to fight.

I understand that they are trying to "reduce the barrier to entry" to increase participation in 5s content, which right now makes up a super small portion of Albion's total playerbase, but they haven't *significantly* done that. They *have* significantly reduced the rewards for daily participation in 5v5 content, though.
    • Neef wrote:

The point is we need to see the system in action before they can make more changes for the better because if we havent even seen the system we have now in action how do we know what we want. I'm not saying the system is perfect or even good the way it is Im only saying we should see how it goes and offer feedback after testing out the system as it could be better then we think and may only need small changes.
      It's definitely possible to see if a system is broken or not before actually testing. You can't honestly look at the difference in season point rewards for daily crystals from now and think that it's balanced. The most competitive daily crystal GvG now gives a guild 432 season points (864 when doubled). After the change the most competitive daily crystal gives 25? lmao.

The rewards for the daily crystals in terms of points is way too low. They scale them up aggressively as you get to higher tiers but the lower tier ones give basically nothing which means if you aren't a top 5 team you aren't getting your guild any season points which seems very much against their goal of making all teams matter.

Additionally the insane infrequency of higher risk/reward matches make it such that the top teams can basically never play instead of being able to get competitive matches daily under the current system. These are two glaring issues that anyone can see without having to test it. Also the fact that they removed the only west coast NA timer (4 UTC) and replaced it with nothing further removes ability for some players to participate.
    • Desriel wrote:

Neef wrote:

The point is we need to see the system in action before they can make more changes for the better because if we havent even seen the system we have now in action how do we know what we want. I'm not saying the system is perfect or even good the way it is Im only saying we should see how it goes and offer feedback after testing out the system as it could be better then we think and may only need small changes.
      It's definitely possible to see if a system is broken or not before actually testing. You can't honestly look at the difference in season point rewards for daily crystals from now and think that it's balanced. The most competitive daily crystal GvG now gives a guild 432 season points (864 when doubled). After the change the most competitive daily crystal gives 25? lmao.
      The rewards for the daily crystals in terms of points is way too low. They scale them up aggressively as you get to higher tiers but the lower tier ones give basically nothing which means if you aren't a top 5 team you aren't getting your guild any season points which seems very much against their goal of making all teams matter.

Additionally the insane infrequency of higher risk/reward matches make it such that the top teams can basically never play instead of being able to get competitive matches daily under the current system. These are two glaring issues that anyone can see without having to test it. Also the fact that they removed the only west coast NA timer (4 UTC) and replaced it with nothing further removes ability for some players to participate.
      Yes I understand its broken or seems to be broken but I don't think the devs will bring real change intil its been on live for atleast a week or so.
    • Neef wrote:

Yes we lost terri gvgs but you could only Terri GVG on 1 char 1 time a day i

not how gvgs worked

Before they gutted them, you had a timer every hour

then

At least with retal/counter attack you could have 2 fights in 1 hour, then you had a reason to fame up more characters if you wanted to for more content

Now, you have 1 timer in your timezone, with several fights locked behind saturday/sunday like majority of the content

So yes, you are indeed clueless
    • Neef wrote:

New system you can gvg for 3 hours straight. Well kinda but every hour in that 3 hour span.

Did you even look at schedule before spewing bullshit?

New system you have lvl 1-4 same timer, then you have level 5, once per week, then you have 6-7 once per reset, and then rest you have per season

SO

YOU CAN CGVG 3 HOURS STRAIGHT ONCE PER RESET
      GREAT SYSTEM

They already have scrims ingame, just have the option to set ip cap and make it full loot, dont need any rewards.

The post was edited 2 times, last by tabooshka ().

• tabooshka wrote:

Neef wrote:

New system you can gvg for 3 hours straight. Well kinda but every hour in that 3 hour span.
      Did you even look at schedule before spewing bullshit?

New system you have lvl 1-4 same timer, then you have level 5, once per week, then you have 6-7 once per reset, and then rest you have per season

SO

YOU CAN CGVG 3 HOURS STRAIGHT ONCE PER RESET
      GREAT SYSTEM

They already have scrims ingame, just have the option to set ip cap and make it full loot, dont need any rewards.
      Lol why so mad? I read the offseason timers shoot me okay? Offseason timers should be during season timers. Also you could Cgvg during season 3 times a day just on different timezone slots =P but still offseason timers are way better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• tabooshka wrote:

nah dude lets just wait for them to remove gvgs
      There is no reason to get all mad right now, The new system hasn't even hit live yet and they are running tests for crystals as we speak so I wouldn't worry too much, If the system goes live the way it is and people hate it as much as they do before it hits live it will get changed. The devs prob want to see it get some play before they start changing it up totally.
    • Neef wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

nah dude lets just wait for them to remove gvgs
      There is no reason to get all mad right now, The new system hasn't even hit live yet and they are running tests for crystals as we speak so I wouldn't worry too much, If the system goes live the way it is and people hate it as much as they do before it hits live it will get changed. The devs prob want to see it get some play before they start changing it up totally.

They have been gutting gvgs for 2 years straight and catering to ZVZ, saying wait until it hits live is moronic.

So no, this isnt new and no one has to wait until it hits live lmao

Amount of play something gets is irrelevant, look at new frost Q, everyone has told them its fucking op since day0, no fucks given

Or do you mean players give feedback about beta2? what they do? completely opposite KEKW

The post was edited 4 times, last by tabooshka ().

• Hi everyone,

We have noticed that a number of you had questions regarding whether season points awarded would be any different if you entered the Crystal League match via the city or the tower. I have edited @Seldom's original post with the additional information below:

Seldom wrote:

Season Points:
      • Please note that season points awarded are based on match level only
      • This means that entering the match via the city or the tower will not affect the amount of season points that you receive - this will remain the same
      • The only difference is that if you enter via the tower, you will be able to upgrade the tower and receive additional rewards if you win. Please see this post for more details: Open-World Territory Battles

Hope this clarifies!

Mytherceria#3744
    • Wargorth wrote:

@Mytherceria

So if a PUG of 5 players from all different guilds sign up, would the season point go the the party leader or it will be split evenly between the players' respective guilds?
      Thanks.
      Even split among the 5 players, was confirmed in the past, this is why they announced the rewards in a "single player" format. Each player gains those rewards, the final fight of the season is actually worth 50,000 points, but they list as 10000 because that's what each player's guild will recieve per member in the guild
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • FrozenIce wrote:

That is the best case, so lets talk about the worst possible case for 80 teams in 40 fights.
      Saturday:
      lvl 1 - 40 fights

Sunday:
      lvl 1 - 20 fights
      lvl 2 - 20 fights

Monday:
      lvl 1 - 20 fights
      lvl 2 - 10 fights
      lvl 3 - 10 fights
      yielding 5 lvl 4 tokens

Tuesday:
      lvl 1 - 20 fights
      lvl 2 - 10 fights
      lvl 3 - 5 fights
      lvl 4 - 5 fights
      yielding 3 lvl 5 tokens

Wednesday:
      lvl 1 - 25 fights
      lvl 2 - 10 fights
      lvl 3 - 5 fights - the 5 teams that already won lvl 5 tokens buy the L2 winners tokens from Tuesdays fight to continue doing the highest possible token
      yielding 3 lvl 4 tokens

Thursday:
      lvl 1 - 22 fights
      lvl 2 - 13 fights
      lvl 3 - 5 fights - the 5 teams that already won lvl 5 tokens buy the L2 winners tokens from Wednesdays fight to continue doing the highest token
      yielding 3 lvl 4 tokens

Friday:
      lvl 1 - 22 fights
      lvl 2 - 11 fights
      lvl 3 - 7 fights - the 5 teams that won lvl 5 already tokens buy the 5 teams worth of T3 tokens from Thursdays fight to continue the mayhem

Saturday:
      lvl 1 - 19 fights
      lvl 2 - 11 fights
      lvl 3 - 6 fights
      lvl 4 - 4 fights -
      lvl 5 - 2 fights

-------------------------
      Need to rethink your math on this one. Day 1, there are no level 1 fights, only 2 and 3, which i guess means no crystals during reset day?
      Day 2, a team could play in the 2 UTC level 1 fight, 13 UTC level 2 fight, and 20 UTC level 3 fight, effectively making level 3 teams on day 2. Now what team is going to do that is another question, but its probable. I also assume that once a team maxes out their token to 3, and no level 4s available, that they will start again and make a new level 3 token, until the level 4 day comes and they can play in multiple level 4 matches to get to 5 etc.. Your math takes a very linear view of teams only playing on one token.
      Also the number of GvGs cannot be compared against past seasons. Since people can crystal from towns now, it will (at first probably) get some new teams that never had the oppoturnity to crystal before due to not being in a guild with towers. And once all the "good" teams blow past the level 1-3 crystals, the 1-3 league might not be a bad deal for new people, closer to the amount of people doing hellgates maybe.
      I agree the timegating of this is silly, making sure only the select few grab all the season points, instead of everyone getting a little at a time.
    • tabooshka wrote:

Jc2008 wrote:

And once all the "good" teams blow past the level 1-3 crystals, the 1-3 league might not be a bad deal for new people,
      How do you blow past something that if you want to play, thats your only daily option LOL

No, its designed for good teams that want to play more than once a week/reset to stomp noobs on low levels daily.
      This is the problem I have with the new system, High level teams need a daily fight also, They should make level 4 everyday so new players can play vs new players 1 through 3 and High skilled/Vet gvgs can gvg on level 4 everyday vs other skill/vet players. Then level 5+ are weekly/monthly or whatever they are. This would limit the amount of vet gvgers doing 1-3 that much as they can just do the level 4's with people of higher skill. This would give new players more breathing room to learn the game better. They need a level everyday for vet/good gvgers forsure and I don't think level 3 does that.

• Seldom wrote:

Schedule
      You can see the full Crystal League schedule here.

On the sheet, line 4, that defines how many times per period will a fight happens is wrong. Level 4 is saying once a week, but is scheduled twice a week. L8 is stated as twice per season but has only one fight time, on the end of the season. If you're look closely, on L1-3 it counts each utc on the others, it doesn't, what is at least inconsistent

Please recheck this.
    • Kyrw wrote:

Seldom wrote:

Schedule
      On the sheet, line 4, that defines how many times per period will a fight happens is wrong. Level 4 is saying once a week, but is scheduled twice a week. L8 is stated as twice per season but has only one fight time, on the end of the season. If you're look closely, on L1-3 it counts each utc on the others, it doesn't, what is at least inconsistent
      Please recheck this.
      Yeah I seen that also, Was wondering what was up with that. Schedule is not 100% correct. The level 4 one is kinda weird because it says 1 day a week but 2 of the timezones are on 1 day and 1 timezone the next plus it also has another timer on sat and sun with the same thing 2 one day 1 the next making it a total of 4 a week? Confusing

• Neef wrote:

Kyrw wrote:

Seldom wrote:

Schedule
      On the sheet, line 4, that defines how many times per period will a fight happens is wrong. Level 4 is saying once a week, but is scheduled twice a week. L8 is stated as twice per season but has only one fight time, on the end of the season. If you're look closely, on L1-3 it counts each utc on the others, it doesn't, what is at least inconsistentPlease recheck this.
      Yeah I seen that also, Was wondering what was up with that. Schedule is not 100% correct. The level 4 one is kinda weird because it says 1 day a week but 2 of the timezones are on 1 day and 1 timezone the next plus it also has another timer on sat and sun with the same thing 2 one day 1 the next making it a total of 4 a week? Confusing
      thats because NA timer, which is 2 utc, which is 2 AM for EU, 2 hours after saturday ends, thats why it says sunday, but its still saturday in NA during it