Dev Talk: Crystal League

• Neef wrote:

Disregard wrote:

Zorva wrote:

@Disregard

Since you missed the overall point I was making, let me ask you this:

Do you think it's ok for SBI to promise players that guild season items are exclusive to their respected seasons and will not be released again only to go back on that promise and release them again?

For me, I don't think that's right. It's not fair to the players for the reasons I stated above and I know SBI can do better as a company. They need to keep their word.

I am by no means saying SBI is a bad company. They have done many things in the past that show they care about their players and they have been fairly honest about collectible items in the past. This however is not a trend that should be started now or in the future. People can say what they want about me or my points, but I feel strongly about someone keeping their word and I will not back down on this regardless of how much crap I get for it.
      Yes i couldnt give a shit whether or not they brought back an item that there are thousands of tradeable instances of in the economy/market, please stop whining about irrelevant crap when this thread is announcing the end of 5v5 if they dont fix this system by the time it releases
      Oh so only things you care about matter? Its not about the item itself, that is what you do not understand if there word cannot be held on a simple item how do you think there "word" will mean on any type of system say the GVG system. Because if you will break your word on one thing you will no dout break it on something else including game systems.
      Remember when you cried for days about reusing challenge mounts too.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
    • Gank wrote:

Neef wrote:

Disregard wrote:

Zorva wrote:

@Disregard

Do you think it's ok for SBI to promise players that guild season items are exclusive to their respected seasons and will not be released again only to go back on that promise and release them again?

For me, I don't think that's right. It's not fair to the players for the reasons I stated above and I know SBI can do better as a company. They need to keep their word.

I am by no means saying SBI is a bad company. They have done many things in the past that show they care about their players and they have been fairly honest about collectible items in the past. This however is not a trend that should be started now or in the future. People can say what they want about me or my points, but I feel strongly about someone keeping their word and I will not back down on this regardless of how much crap I get for it.
      Yes i couldnt give a shit whether or not they brought back an item that there are thousands of tradeable instances of in the economy/market, please stop whining about irrelevant crap when this thread is announcing the end of 5v5 if they dont fix this system by the time it releases
      Oh so only things you care about matter? Its not about the item itself, that is what you do not understand if there word cannot be held on a simple item how do you think there "word" will mean on any type of system say the GVG system. Because if you will break your word on one thing you will no dout break it on something else including game systems.
      Remember when you cried for days about reusing challenge mounts too.
      LOOOOOOOOOOOL
      Well the challenge mounts were a different story. They were not exclusive items, The season items that whole guilds fight and earned ranks for an excluisive item that states its exclusive is totally different and you know it. Its not some free item for having prem. Thats like taking the recruiter items and making them have another option to get them after already saying they were exclusive to the referral system. If they start taking exclusive items that were earned through hard work knowning that they will be exclusive and start giving them out for whatever reason that is wrong and everyone here knows it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Why not make this content playable at any time?
      Or every 30 minutes or every hour?
      I was a WoW arena player.
      I always want to play competitive 5v5. (Ideally, I prefer 2v2 and 3v3.)
      For me, loss of equipment is not a problem.

If high reward is a problem, why not lower it from the second time of the day?
      If season points and territory upgrades matter, why not limit them to once a day?

In other words, in my UTC + 9 time zone from Japan, I cannot play personally.
      Level 1-3: 2:00, 12:00 and 19:00 daily (UTC)
      Level 1-3: 11:00, 21:00 and 28:00 daily (UTC + 9, JST)
      Unfortunately 21:00 is too early for me.
    • Thrallx wrote:

Why not make this content playable at any time?
      Or every 30 minutes or every hour?
      I was a WoW arena player.
      I always want to play competitive 5v5. (Ideally, I prefer 2v2 and 3v3.)
      For me, loss of equipment is not a problem.

If high reward is a problem, why not lower it from the second time of the day?
      If season points and territory upgrades matter, why not limit them to once a day?

In other words, in my UTC + 9 time zone from Japan, I cannot play personally.
      Level 1-3: 2:00, 12:00 and 19:00 daily (UTC)
      Level 1-3: 11:00, 21:00 and 28:00 daily (UTC + 9, JST)
      Unfortunately 21:00 is too early for me.
      I think the main reason they want times is to have more people login for them and que up for them having set times makes more demaind for the que then just being able to que at anytime of the day.
    • Disregard wrote:

Neef wrote:

Just like your doing over the gvg system yes I am. Because its wrong, So lets cry together
    • Neef wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neef wrote:

Disregard wrote:

Zorva wrote:

@Disregard

Remember when you cried for days about reusing challenge mounts too.LOOOOOOOOOOOL
      Well the challenge mounts were a different story. They were not exclusive items, The season items that whole guilds fight and earned ranks for an excluisive item that states its exclusive is totally different and you know it. Its not some free item for having prem. Thats like taking the recruiter items and making them have another option to get them after already saying they were exclusive to the referral system. If they start taking exclusive items that were earned through hard work knowning that they will be exclusive and start giving them out for whatever reason that is wrong and everyone here knows it.
      Yea bro you only have to win a fucking end of season super match in max tier gear to have a small chance at getting them. Are you really crying again about stuff like this? Do you think more than 20 will even come into the game world?
    • Gank wrote:

Neef wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neef wrote:

Disregard wrote:

Zorva wrote:

@Disregard

Remember when you cried for days about reusing challenge mounts too.LOOOOOOOOOOOL
      Yea bro you only have to win a fucking end of season super match in max tier gear to have a small chance at getting them. Are you really crying again about stuff like this? Do you think more than 20 will even come into the game world?
      Exclusive means Exclusive period, If you want to change that don't call something exclusive. Change it like they did the with the newest mount not go back on your word. If we cannot trust them with a simple item then why try do collect anything Hell why play if thats what I want to do with my game time. The fact remains if your going to call something exclusive for doing something stick with that, When the battle mount system came out they didn't say win an exclsuive battle mount ! oh btw maybe in a year we will make them exclusive for high level GvGs and that season. The point im making is if they call something exclusive for that activity and go back on there word for this how can we ever trust that? What if they add some huge event and if you win you get an exclusve item. How can we trust they will really be exclusive if there going to do this when ever they feel like it.I like collecting in games and if you don't then thats fine Im not going to attack you over that. I am simply defending something I like to do and many other do also.
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

i bet the battle mounts given in the upcoming cristal league will be the ones trashed in players deaths. Its not like they r generating more than the already existing amount so i find it ridiculus to complain about this.

BTW, not everyone thinks the same about nothing, so avoid using sentences like "everyone knows it". Speak for urself.
      I said everyone knows going back on your word is wrong period and everyone should know that in a game or not about an item or not. There is no bases in what your saying about trashed mounts and that still doesnt change the fact that when something is exclusive for one thing giviing it out for another thing just because some may have trashed don't make that any less wrong and still going back on your word. the main problem is you think its just about the mount its about trust.

EDIT: Also the amount of hate im getting from this is just showing how much the world has forsaken what someones "word" means and how little people think someones word should be kept.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

• TheGreek wrote:

Am I the only one worrying about the silver injection to the economy? Not too long ago we had a higher silver sink introduction only to introduce new ways to bring a lot more silver in to the economy now.
      this system is designed to be silver neutral, each token costs 125k, in order for a t9 crystal to run there must be be ~2500 tokens purchased, costing 320 million silver, this is awarded at various tiers, and as the tier goes higher the loser is worth more and more
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • @Neef

To be fair, I don't think they need to keep their word on game systems and mechanics. Sometimes an idea sounds good on paper but doesn't work well in reality and needs to be changed or modified. That's the thing with video games, you keep making adjustments until you create a good system or mechanic. So on that point I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Also to be fair, only early recruiter items were stated to not be released again. I think anything after the white tiger is free game for a rerelease.

However, early recruiter items, founder items, and exclusive items were included in the list to not be released again and the fact they are backtracking on one of the categories is something I have a problem with.

I've also noticed that most of the people who are disagreeing with our points haven't played the game for more than a year. As such, in their defense I don't think they know about all the promises made by the developers over the years like we do. However, I wish they would consider what we have to say with some maturity since we've been around since before the official release of the game. The only reason this game is even as good as it is is because of feedback from old players like us. Yes, developers need to be held accountable for their word in respect to collectible items. I think a major problem with the game industry today is the lack of accountability. I have supported SBI for this long because they have always done right by the players as best they can. But this is a trend towards the unaccountability that has plagued the game industry and we need to put our foot down on this one. To the players saying otherwise, letting stuff like this slide is the reason the game industry is having the problems that it is. I really do hope SBI does the right thing, but by the looks of it I'm becoming increasingly doubtful as they seem pretty committed on the idea of rereleasing the items. I've said the things I've said because I love Albion Online and I want it to stick with the principles and ideals that it's stood for in the past. You gave your word on this one and I want you to keep it. That is all.
      Alpha and Beta Tester, Legendary Founder and Starter, Recruiter
    • Zorva wrote:

@Neef

To be fair, I don't think they need to keep their word on game systems and mechanics. Sometimes an idea sounds good on paper but doesn't work well in reality and needs to be changed or modified. That's the thing with video games, you keep making adjustments until you create a good system or mechanic. So on that point I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Also to be fair, only early recruiter items were stated to not be released again. I think anything after the white tiger is free game for a rerelease.

However, early recruiter items, founder items, and exclusive items were included in the list to not be released again and the fact they are backtracking on one of the categories is something I have a problem with.

I've also noticed that most of the people who are disagreeing with our points haven't played the game for more than a year. As such, in their defense I don't think they know about all the promises made by the developers over the years like we do. However, I wish they would consider what we have to say with some maturity since we've been around since before the official release of the game. The only reason this game is even as good as it is is because of feedback from old players like us. Yes, developers need to be held accountable for their word in respect to collectible items. I think a major problem with the game industry today is the lack of accountability. I have supported SBI for this long because they have always done right by the players as best they can. But this is a trend towards the unaccountability that has plagued the game industry and we need to put our foot down on this one. To the players saying otherwise, letting stuff like this slide is the reason the game industry is having the problems that it is. I really do hope SBI does the right thing, but by the looks of it I'm becoming increasingly doubtful as they seem pretty committed on the idea of rereleasing the items. I've said the things I've said because I love Albion Online and I want it to stick with the principles and ideals that it's stood for in the past. You gave your word on this one and I want you to keep it. That is all.
      Lmao
    • Zorva wrote:

-This move tells players that the sacrifices they made and time put in to obtain these items mean nothing.
      -This move tells investors that the money they put in could be lost at any moment because of a rerelease that shouldn't have happened.
      -This move tells collectors that the "exclusive" items they obtain have no real collectibility.
      -Their effort means they got the item lmao.
      -Risk is part of investing. If they were speculating on the battle mounts not being done again, they guessed wrong.
      -Define "real collectibility." Your pixels exist only on a server which is the property of Sandbox Interactive. At any time those items could disappear into the ether if the game shuts down or something else bad happens. If you're going to whine about collectibility virtual items you have no claim to doesn't seem like a great hill to die on.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Zorva wrote:

-This move tells players that the sacrifices they made and time put in to obtain these items mean nothing.
      -This move tells investors that the money they put in could be lost at any moment because of a rerelease that shouldn't have happened.
      -This move tells collectors that the "exclusive" items they obtain have no real collectibility.
      -Their effort means they got the item lmao.-Risk is part of investing. If they were speculating on the battle mounts not being done again, they guessed wrong.
      -Define "real collectibility." Your pixels exist only on a server which is the property of Sandbox Interactive. At any time those items could disappear into the ether if the game shuts down or something else bad happens. If you're going to whine about collectibility virtual items you have no claim to doesn't seem like a great hill to die on.
      There was no speculation the item says Exclusive in the item Desc, That doesn't say maybe we will change our mind. When something is listed as Exclusive they must have spent some time in thinking about weither it should be exclusive or not. The problem I have is if they are so quick to reput in items that they listed ingame as Exclusive what other items will get the same treat meant. Will recruiter items be next? How can we ever know what is truly exclsuive to things when they can simply change there minds and say nothing in return. The beetle has been changed before realse stating that season battle mounts will no longer be exclusive thats is fine I do not mind them changing there mind on this system but the items that were released as exclusive season rewards should not be included. I have no problem with devs changing thier minds as games must change and grow but things that say they are exclusive should remain and only the new ones after the change should be used.
    • Crystal league is going to be fun - I currently enjoy CGvGs a lot!
      However, the time-gating on this mechanic is rather high.

Currently, we spend at least an hour every day prepping for a CGvG match that goes about 7-20 minutes.
      Usually to scrim and practice, we've got to go a lot more.

The amount of coordination required to arrange all 5 people regularly for CGvGs is also a time sink.
      If I may make a suggestion to make entry into CGvGs both more rewarding and fun - Make it so that level 1-3 Crystals can be entered for the full hour of 19-20, allowing you to theoretically get up to 3 wins in a row (however, you cap at 3 across all time slots.) Then make level 4 CGvGs available once per day. Even out the rewards to make sure they are not excessive.

Why do it like this?
      It will make CGvGs feel like daily tournaments, rather than once per day content.
      This will make the content more enjoyable, more action oriented, and give players more chances to feel like they are progressing.

It will be a lot easier to convince players that CGvGs are worth their time exploring as an activity if they can do 3 matches in a row, an hour full of fun competition!

@Retroman
      @PrintsKaspian

The post was edited 1 time, last by Svenblade ().