Dev Talk: Crystal League

• Dev Talk: Crystal League

The Queen update arrives on January 20, bringing a massive redesign of the Outlands and numerous new features like the Crystal League. In our newest Dev Talk, Game and Level Designer Dominik Müller discusses what the Crystal League is, how it works, and the role it plays in Albion Online.

**Apologies for the poor audio quality on this video - we had a microphone malfunction. You can ready a full written summary of his talk here: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-crystal-league
    • Can we decide when we want to play the "once a month" battles or are this fixed dates?

Example A:
      My Team has a lvl 7 Token and we want to play it somewhere around March. After some consideration we pick a date that suits us, so we have everyone available and can get some warm ups beforehand.

Example B:
      The Lvl 7 Match is on a fixed date and if dont have your team available then, well sucks to be you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zarxy ().

• Zarxy wrote:

Can we decide when we want to play the "once a month" battles or are this fixed dates?

Example A:
      My Team has a lvl 7 Token and we want to play it somewhere around March. After some consideration we pick a date that suits us, so we have everyone available and can get some warm ups beforehand.

Example B:
      The Lvl 7 Match is on a fixed date and if dont have your team available then, well sucks to be you.
      It's B.

People would abuse A without a second thought.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Zarxy wrote:

Can we decide when we want to play the "once a month" battles or are this fixed dates?

Example A:

Example B:
      It's B.
      People would abuse A without a second thought.
      After giving it a second thought, you are probably correct.
      Even when I dont really like it, but the possible abuse would be a problem.
    • Multiple questions that I can't find the answers :

1. Is there a "lock" system, such as for current GvGs, where a character can only do 1 crystal per day ? (ie : current cGvG system doesn't have one, but who knows if the future cGvG system has or not, just wanna be sure)
        From both scenarios : crystals from a tower & crystals from a token.
      2. Is there 1 timer per tower, or can a tower be used multiple times per day for multiple timers ? (ie : does the cluster map timers have an effect on the cGvG timer, as it is now)
      3. If a tower can be used multiple times per day:
        When doing a cGvG from a tower, can that tower get multiple levels per day ?
        cGvG won at 2 utc, then it becomes lvl2. Then the 12 utc team win, towers become lvl 3. Then the 19 utc team win, the tower will be lvl 4. Or does each timer equals a level from a crystal tower ?
        • About that silver reward, can't it be made by rewarding a % of the current price of each player gear, admitting his gear is available at the closest auction house ?
        • Full specs character will be showing in bad gear, reaching cap, to get 20million silver, while their gear 4-5 gears costs like 10m ? lol easy money if you ask me.
      4. For once, there is content for Asian players, i'll give you that :)
      5. Bye my GvGer friends btw, rip in peace right kek.
      That cGvG system is interesting, without a doubt. God bless you for your hard work on it :)
      -Slacking God
    • I have a question about this:

• Is it possible to have more than 1 GVG token? For example, let's say I win several gvgs and me and my friends get a lvl 5 token but we still want to play until we wait for the lvl 6 fight. Is it possible to buy more lvl 1 tokens and upgrade them? If so, we still get the rewards for upgrading those tokens or the rewards are given only once?
    • This system is so wrong. First of all for the GvG removal with the new system that do number more important than skill.
      Second, you make me able to play the highest content of the game ONE time per season? ONE time per month? SERIUSLY?

YES you could play level 1-3 everyday but 700 ip cap? i will won a bunch of T4.1 items im so lucky! (at this point it will be bether gather reasource t3)

And then i have to wait ONE entire week for level 5? who is like average not even hard NICE! im so hyped
      The guy who make this system has ever played albion?

i hope i'm wrong, regards

The post was edited 2 times, last by ortolano ().

• Next time use clip microphone or some other kind that you use in this video. I wish there will be solo player battles also like solo player realms or some other solo player content in game. I have wished it and talked for it in every where for 3 years now, but developers just ignore 80% of players who play solo and that's why also so many player have left the game. All they ever think about is mass player, 5vs5 gvg, etc. 80% of all players in Albion play most time solo play, even if they are part of big guilds. Why you hate your loyal players so much and just don't deveople something new for solo players also, is it so hard or do you really want to punish major of your players in the game?
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • The high level fights only going down is very limited and even the med fights are limited to once a week this is so bad, I understand you want new player to get into this system but really does that mean totally ignore the fact that you have vet GVG teams that would gvg in cumbria and merica atleast once a day? Why did no one think about the VET gvgers who want to gvg at a decent level everyday. This system is 100% broken before it even starts and I hope to god you rethink atleast MED tier fights as they should get atleast a once a day fight also, If the rewards are the problem its simple only give out the super good stuff on the times you already stated but don't kill the high level fights just because I can win a battle mount players would be happy with just the win and love of the fight and also the loot they get from there being a decent team to fight. Once a month what a fucking joke, Do you really want your high level gvgers fighting really low tier teams just for something to do it makes no sence!!!!! You will either have really good teams beating down new teams or high level teams only logging in once a month and at the end of the seasons it totally kills the game for high level gvgs that got to gvg everyday or more in cumbria and merica and the person who came up with this should be shot!

PS. The chariot and Rihno's are Exclusive Season REWARDS and should not be used again as it clearly states in there item desc. The other newer battle mounts do not state that they are Exclusive so using the other ones is fine but already stateing that the Rhino and chariots are exclusive you should keep your word and I see the Rhino wasn't listed so you already know about this and the Chariot should be removed! Or a new version of the chariot should be considered at the very least.

EDIT: After looking at the Eagle it also says it was exclusive to season rewards also and currently only the beetle doesn't say this, This is a major issue for me as going back on your word for theses items means that really no item ingame are really exclusive because you can't be trusted to keep your word.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Neef ().

• This dev talk could have just been a deep fake of Obama saying “If you like to GvG, you can keep doing it.”

I’m curious if they have any data showing that the anglia and Cumbria and crystal gvg ip caps caused a big increase in the gvg population, and now thy think 700-900 will increase it even more?

since you can purchase level 3 tokens I will be interested to see how the market for tokens develops. I assume big dick gvg players will always try to buy the largest daily token, so you could get lots of small timers leveling up tokens and selling them.
    • I have to say it is not too bad but it could be much better than this. The big issue i see is the poor high level content for those that love the 5v5 format.

It would be more interesting if:

1. As Winners get a token for the next level, the losers got a token of one level below. I.E. in a tier 6 fight the winners get a level 7 token while the losers get a level 5 token.
      2. Setting more battle times along the day for every level.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guilefulwolf ().

• Couldn't you come up with something better? You are practically removing one piece of content and replacing it with another that can be done less frequent. Why do you create this system - full of potential - and then decide that it's something that should be done only once a day? Why not allow people that like to 5v5 play 5v5 whenever they want to, or got time for it? Sure we got arena and hellgates but that doesn't give nearly the same thrill a CGVG or GVG does. Arena doesn't have any consequences and barely anyone plays it competitively for that reason. Hellgate is more of a fame and money farm, with one fight every 15 minutes. I was quite excited for what you had planned. I enjoy playing this game, but it would be nice if you could actually let everyone play the game mode they like the most when they want to instead of dictating all these rules like some sort of annoying parent.
      • After winning their level 2 and 3 matches, the team has earned 7.5M Silver, 3M Fame, and 150 Season Points in total.
      • The level 4 match is worth up to 950,000 Silver, 25 Season Points, and 300,000 Fame. Peter and his friends decide to do level 3 again tomorrow before the level 4 match to warm up.

So a level 2 and level 3 combined is worth less than 10 mages / an outpost
      A level 4 (which you can't buy) is worth 2 mages?

I'm okay with top heavy rewards but this is a little silly.
    • GioBufy wrote:

I dont like this new system expecialy the maps lvl 1-3 with 700 ip cap ... is this a joke or whaT?
      and the other maps are few..only two crystal for week ? and one lvl 5 ..meh ...i think is better if you make the maps level 1-3 with 1000ip cap and the other maps will give more rewards
      Or the way caps are increased should be changed as they do want low level/new teams to learn and get started so level 1 @ 700IP would be fine but at level 2 it should go up to around 850-950 and level 3 going to around 1000 to 1100 or something along thoses lines. The gap between levels needs some major work if this system is going to work for everyone.
    • Neef wrote:

GioBufy wrote:

I dont like this new system expecialy the maps lvl 1-3 with 700 ip cap ... is this a joke or whaT?
      and the other maps are few..only two crystal for week ? and one lvl 5 ..meh ...i think is better if you make the maps level 1-3 with 1000ip cap and the other maps will give more rewards
      Or the way caps are increased should be changed as they do want low level/new teams to learn and get started so level 1 @ 700IP would be fine but at level 2 it should go up to around 850-950 and level 3 going to around 1000 to 1100 or something along thoses lines. The gap between levels needs some major work if this system is going to work for everyone.

Nah the new teams can play hg or scrim
    • GioBufy wrote:

Neef wrote:

GioBufy wrote:

Nah the new teams can play hg or scrim
      There is no reason to not have a low startinng point, But the more the level goes up the higher the cap should be, Making new teams HG or scrim will get us no where, The new system needs to aim at being fair for everyone that is the whole point.