T8 Mat nodes nerfed to 3 tics!!?

• Ok, I see that, after you commented on it, they added the note that t7 nodes will have 3 tics and t8 nodes will have 2 tics and there will be more nodes around with somewhat faster spawn times. Still no explanation or hint for why this was done was given.

My hypothesis: I think they are trying to kill two birds with one stone (pun). 1) reduce the times where there is 0 t8 nodes up on a map. More people have access to less t8 popping up. It is definitely frustrating to gear up for t8 gathering and head out to find 0 nodes up. Happens to me all the time. 2) SBI is clearly trying to eliminate the solo invis ganker. They nerfed demon helm (cleansable and potion slot can be activated during silence), then they nerfed specter boots into defensive only (3 seconds of no attack after invis). Now they are making all nodes be short term dismounts instead of spotting a guy at a t8 node and having all the time in the world to position yourself for a surprise attack.

I have mixed feelings about this- the builds for solo invis ganking are generally one-chance builds... I.e., if you mess up or they have a counter.. you’re either dead or they flee. So it’s risk/reward. The only time my gatherer ever dies to these attacks is when I’m gathering on my iPhone in bed... fat thumbs can only move so fast.
    • I think this is the worst change in Queen, hands down.

We had this system in beta and it was cancer, the amount of high tier resources were far and in-between making end-game gear explode in price, but right now we have guilds that have this stockpiled through the roof and can last them a year or more... newer guilds would be struggling to catch up, with their gatherers finding one "charge" T8 resources only.

Right now the resources are in a good place, with maybe a change in how their timers are when they spawn, that's all what needs changing. @Korn please don't bring this change in.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

I think this is the worst change in Queen, hands down.

We had this system in beta and it was cancer, the amount of high tier resources were far and in-between making end-game gear explode in price, but right now we have guilds that have this stockpiled through the roof and can last them a year or more... newer guilds would be struggling to catch up, with their gatherers finding one "charge" T8 resources only.

Right now the resources are in a good place, with maybe a change in how their timers are when they spawn, that's all what needs changing. @Korn please don't bring this change in.
      Couldn't disagree more. Way more small nodes is infinitely better and more fair, than very few giant nodes.

The only changes in prices will be based on the relative amount of T8 overall, and from the sounds of it there will be more T8, not less.

The only people who should be mad are the ones angry that had their T8 spigot got turned off and they actually have to start working for a living.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

I think these changes are going to help gatherers.

Less available massive ammount of resources will make it so that more gatherers can gather on different times, instead of a mass gathering at a singular time than almost no T7/T8 resources the rest of the day.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

I think these changes are going to help gatherers.
      Less available massive ammount of resources will make it so that more gatherers can gather on different times, instead of a mass gathering at a singular time than almost no T7/T8 resources the rest of the day.
      But surely the play here would change the spawn system of the T8 but keep the 27 T8 tick nodes. no?

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

I think these changes are going to help gatherers.Less available massive ammount of resources will make it so that more gatherers can gather on different times, instead of a mass gathering at a singular time than almost no T7/T8 resources the rest of the day.
      But surely the play here would change the spawn system of the T8 but keep the 27 T8 tick nodes. no?
      it would still generate way less nodes than with 2/3 ticks.

Also take in consideration that they will work the same way as T1-T6... They will respawn a tick at a time.
    • I really like these large nodes we currently have. The feeling to find an enhanced T7/T8 node is just amazing.

But on the other side, It's annoying if that big nodes are used as gank places (so gankers protect enhanced higher tier nodes over and over) and also it's really frustrating to run through the maps and don't find any node because there are not many and they has large respawn timers.

So overall it has pros and cons.

But I REALLY HOPE they will find a suitable solution for hide. Because killing T7/T8 mammoths to get only 3/2 ress out of every animal will be really annoying. Also if the spawn rate for puppys keeps the same, the mammoth puppies/mounts will drop massively in price. And if they find something suitable, also apply it to the lower tiers.

(I also would love the puppys drop by gathering the hide, not just by killing them. :) )
    • The change is not a bad idea, but 2 or 3 ticks? thats super low, unless the respawn is quite fast (15-30 min?) this will be a wrong move for gatherers if the spawn is too slow and you can be blessed if you found 1 tick only per spot, meaning you will get an average of 1-2-3-4 materials every time u stop to gather (not even enough to smelt 1). Another thing to consider is .1 .2 .3 resources, I mean getting 3 pieces of .3 every once in a while will make 8.3 super valuable.

I hope you dont fuck this up, gatherers are the base of the economy.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ArthurV ().

• Robinhoodrs wrote:

I agree with you ! This is really worse change for gatherers. It was fun to have time to alt+tab while gathering. Please, reconsider this change SBI
    • some of you seem to be very happy about it cause you believe you are not gonna be ganked while gathering. well, not really. whenever you meet a 5+ man ganking party while you are on your fast mount and gallop mode, you will again die.

i believe this change wont bring anything good but instead, more problems. if they increase the amount in total t7-t8 materials then the prices will fall and you ll see everybody wearing them.

they did it wrong with the fame system making it easy to fame. i was getting 150k average pve fame daily once. now 150k comes to people just in 1-2 hours maybe less.

and now they are doing the same to high tear gathering..
    • solventh wrote:

some of you seem to be very happy about it cause you believe you are not gonna be ganked while gathering. well, not really. whenever you meet a 5+ man ganking party while you are on your fast mount and gallop mode, you will again die.

i believe this change wont bring anything good but instead, more problems. if they increase the amount in total t7-t8 materials then the prices will fall and you ll see everybody wearing them.

they did it wrong with the fame system making it easy to fame. i was getting 150k average pve fame daily once. now 150k comes to people just in 1-2 hours maybe less.

and now they are doing the same to high tear gathering..
      150k fame in 1-2 hours? You are doing it wrong then. You need to get atleast 1m fame per hour. So t7 and t8 nodes not ll be 1 hand anymore which is so good. Some ppl were making a lot of money after reset now they cant, its nice. Everyone can wear t8 but main point is spec's. High risk bring high reward always.
    • it was with soloing roaming mobs when they were implemented 1-1,5 years ago. dungeoning with people would get you 300k per hour at the time. do they get 300k per hour now? no.

and those people will get less money only if a t8 mat will be valued lesser, not because of other gatherers.

Exthanilious wrote:

150k fame in 1-2 hours? You are doing it wrong then. You need to get atleast 1m fame per hour. So t7 and t8 nodes not ll be 1 hand anymore which is so good. Some ppl were making a lot of money after reset now they cant, its nice. Everyone can wear t8 but main point is spec's. High risk bring high reward always.

The post was edited 2 times, last by solventh ().

• solventh wrote:

it was with soloing roaming mobs when they were implemented 1-1,5 years ago. dungeoning with people would get you 300k per hour at the time. do they get 300k per hour now? no.

and those people will get less money only if a t8 mat will be valued lesser, not because of other gatherers.
      1- 1,5 years ago game was extremly difficulty and most of the people doesnt have enough time to have something in the game. Right now this is much better with RD and roam mobs. About nodes i am disagree with you cause of 1 hand. You are not allowed to get any t8 nodes if u miss the reset. Now you can farm anytime you want if you take the risk. Which is great.