T8 Mat nodes nerfed to 3 tics!!?

    • Exthanilious wrote:

      1- 1,5 years ago game was extremly difficulty and most of the people doesnt have enough time to have something in the game. Right now this is much better with RD and roam mobs. About nodes i am disagree with you cause of 1 hand. You are not allowed to get any t8 nodes if u miss the reset. Now you can farm anytime you want if you take the risk. Which is great.
      yeah, and soon everyone will have 1500 item power on everything. i didnt come here to play non-progression based shit, sorry. i wont call this thing as progression based.
    • solventh wrote:

      Exthanilious wrote:

      1- 1,5 years ago game was extremly difficulty and most of the people doesnt have enough time to have something in the game. Right now this is much better with RD and roam mobs. About nodes i am disagree with you cause of 1 hand. You are not allowed to get any t8 nodes if u miss the reset. Now you can farm anytime you want if you take the risk. Which is great.
      yeah, and soon everyone will have 1500 item power on everything. i didnt come here to play non-progression based shit, sorry. i wont call this thing as progression based.
      Do you think the game is easy? This ll make ganking all the time not just after reset btw ! High tier maps also far from the portal and not ll be easy to carry back your stuff. This game is long time process game, nothing is easy !
    • As a gatherer, I don't see a huge downside to this. There's maybe 6-7 nodes of t8 in any given zone and they're on a 24 hour timer for refresh, maybe double that for t7 nodes. Add on the fact that zone's with territories in them could basically be locked down on high tier resources by larger guilds and/or alliances and this will free up a lot of resources to newer players. I hope they increase the spawn timer so we can stop playing around t6 gear commonplace, but that may be wishful thinking.
    • Piddle wrote:

      Couldn't disagree more. Way more small nodes is infinitely better and more fair, than very few giant nodes.

      The only changes in prices will be based on the relative amount of T8 overall, and from the sounds of it there will be more T8, not less.

      The only people who should be mad are the ones angry that had their T8 spigot got turned off and they actually have to start working for a living.
      /thread
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

      That's a RIP for gatherers fighting gatherers for at least a few months.
      why?

      Should make no difference or even make fighting more fierce (more often).

      Instead of sitting one 1 node (and another gatherer sitting on another at some other part of the map = no fight) you now will run into each other more often. And you will fight, because you will know that the other gatherer will go ahead in front of you and gather the stuff that you are going to gather.

      Plus "gatherer won't fight a gatherer" is such a weak argument. Like... 1% of the gatherers (who are like 10-20% of the population) even like to fight one another.

      Everyone is complaining because they won't be able to get on after maintenance and grab all the nodes lmao.
    • As a gatherer too, I have mixed feelings...

      For now, most of T7-T8 nodes are full or almost full, and with T8 set + avalonian tool T8 + T7 pie, you have 105% gather bonus, so you will double your res from node even without specs, and also you have little chance to triple it (average amount of T7 I'm gathering now is around 60 per node). Problem with them is only that there are so few nodes on map and if you can't be online just after reset, you have very little chance to find more than 1-2 full nodes, if any.
      With new system, it will not be that easy to get many res coz more gatherers can gather in same time and if they don't have few ganking friends to get rid of some "gathering competition", they'll bring back much less res, which will cause, imo, big price drop due to more "traders" who will want to make fast money...

      I seen new nodes in test server and one thing comes to my mind... Well, I was thinking about that for longer time, but in the matter of such update, I think it's good time to remind that again...

      I mean hides... You need to actually "kill" a node before you can gather it, and because of that, you are more vulnerable to gankers coz first, you will propably have less than 100% hp, and second, you will have at least few skills on CDs. So it is higher risk than other nodes... Also, no matter if mammoth will now have 1, 2 or 3 res, it will have same HP pool (like every animal)... That's why I think ALL animals should respawn with full res on them, to compensate the need of killing it before gathering.

      Also, changing T7-T8 to have less res, but more "nodes" will make escaping from gankers even more diffucult in swamps or forest coz number of aggressive animals will be increased (direboars and direbears) so you'll have bigger chance that you'll be slowed/dismounted due to enviroment. I know skinning workboots have skill which increases speed with disabling animal and mob agro, but 3 minutes of cooldown is just insane, which makes this skill to be "use it in right nanosecond or die", and due to this, it's not played by many ppl...
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8
    • MrFler wrote:

      As a gatherer too, I have mixed feelings...

      For now, most of T7-T8 nodes are full or almost full, and with T8 set + avalonian tool T8 + T7 pie, you have 105% gather bonus, so you will double your res from node even without specs, and also you have little chance to triple it (average amount of T7 I'm gathering now is around 60 per node). Problem with them is only that there are so few nodes on map and if you can't be online just after reset, you have very little chance to find more than 1-2 full nodes, if any.
      With new system, it will not be that easy to get many res coz more gatherers can gather in same time and if they don't have few ganking friends to get rid of some "gathering competition", they'll bring back much less res, which will cause, imo, big price drop due to more "traders" who will want to make fast money...

      I seen new nodes in test server and one thing comes to my mind... Well, I was thinking about that for longer time, but in the matter of such update, I think it's good time to remind that again...

      I mean hides... You need to actually "kill" a node before you can gather it, and because of that, you are more vulnerable to gankers coz first, you will propably have less than 100% hp, and second, you will have at least few skills on CDs. So it is higher risk than other nodes... Also, no matter if mammoth will now have 1, 2 or 3 res, it will have same HP pool (like every animal)... That's why I think ALL animals should respawn with full res on them, to compensate the need of killing it before gathering.

      Also, changing T7-T8 to have less res, but more "nodes" will make escaping from gankers even more diffucult in swamps or forest coz number of aggressive animals will be increased (direboars and direbears) so you'll have bigger chance that you'll be slowed/dismounted due to enviroment. I know skinning workboots have skill which increases speed with disabling animal and mob agro, but 3 minutes of cooldown is just insane, which makes this skill to be "use it in right nanosecond or die", and due to this, it's not played by many ppl...
      So in short.. You say skinning is gonna be a problem? Ok..

      I feel the rest is perfectly fine.. I hate how all of you speculate so much on the FINAL product of an update. Throwing out your thoughts as well as I but with the way everyone puts it, it brings unwanted attention to the devs and they change something about an update that COULD have been good in their eyes but the community changes the idea and approach before its actually launched. Just shut up and wait for it to come then it can be changes when Queen arrives.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • solventh wrote:

      Exthanilious wrote:

      1- 1,5 years ago game was extremly difficulty and most of the people doesnt have enough time to have something in the game. Right now this is much better with RD and roam mobs. About nodes i am disagree with you cause of 1 hand. You are not allowed to get any t8 nodes if u miss the reset. Now you can farm anytime you want if you take the risk. Which is great.
      yeah, and soon everyone will have 1500 item power on everything. i didnt come here to play non-progression based shit, sorry. i wont call this thing as progression based.
      You do realize PVP is a numbers game right? The more players against you the worse it is. If everyone has a mix of 1300-1500 item power then so be it, then its a matter of skill rather than gear, your build should matter more than your item power. I've seen too many 4.1 guys take out 7.1- 8 guys easily because of how they build their set. As far as you saying everyone will be 1500 item power that means gvg will be CHEAPER to manage gear wise.. So yes this change is gonna be interesting
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • the biggest problem I have with the new system is the 10.8 hours for 1 stack of t8 to spwn, giving that there is only 2 stacks total means it will be super fast to gather and a whole zone can be cleared in the matter of an hour or so which means that zone will remain empty for 10.8 hours and 21.6 hours to fill up, That is just insane and will make the total of t8 amount lower then we currently have because there really isn't that much more nodes if you take the 20+ stacks current nodes have in the 35 t8 zones we have atm.
    • Psycha wrote:

      So in short.. You say skinning is gonna be a problem? Ok..

      I feel the rest is perfectly fine.. I hate how all of you speculate so much on the FINAL product of an update. Throwing out your thoughts as well as I but with the way everyone puts it, it brings unwanted attention to the devs and they change something about an update that COULD have been good in their eyes but the community changes the idea and approach before its actually launched. Just shut up and wait for it to come then it can be changes when Queen arrives.
      I get your point, but you know... Devs gave us opportunity to see the changes as they are now in test server just to see our thoughts and feedback... Of course that system may be good, but also, it may be bad... that's why our feedback is a thing to think about for devs... And as we all know, the final decision will be on devs side and they can just left any new content the same as in test server... Noone knows... And like you said, we'll see the results when Queen will come live... Cheers...

      EDIT: And to be clear, I don't say it must be worse than actual system, but in fact, I'm worrying about that... but of course, I can be wrong on that matter...
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8
    • Psycha wrote:

      You do realize PVP is a numbers game right? The more players against you the worse it is. If everyone has a mix of 1300-1500 item power then so be it, then its a matter of skill rather than gear, your build should matter more than your item power. I've seen too many 4.1 guys take out 7.1- 8 guys easily because of how they build their set. As far as you saying everyone will be 1500 item power that means gvg will be CHEAPER to manage gear wise.. So yes this change is gonna be interesting
      yes, it is a numbers game. and if i dedicate my precious time do reach some level, i d want to see its effects in a "progression" based game. i m not saying i d wanna be a superman, dont exaggerate it. it s simple: fame should not be gained this much easy. they keep doing it the same since the beginning: making everything easier & easier, while making long time players' efforts worthless more & more.