Raid Dungeon Fame

• Yeah i was watching a video of a group speed run with 20 people and they were only getting 1.8k per mob, Yes there may be more mobs but for the time it takes to kill the mobs 1.8k is super low I would atleast like to see 2k per mob and lets not forget the people doing the speed runs on test server are using 8.3 MP and shit so with normal gear this will be even harder and longer.
    • TheKlux wrote:

I've not done one of these dungeons yet but isn't the point of them to get the avalonian stuff? They don't need to give efficient fame if they are giving something else in its place. Stop viewing them as fame farm dungeons, they are avalonian dungeons.
      It is the last phase of the Albion PvE, they should be the best in fame and it is already confirmed that they will be the best in PvE loot.
    • Norgannon wrote:

TheKlux wrote:

I've not done one of these dungeons yet but isn't the point of them to get the avalonian stuff? They don't need to give efficient fame if they are giving something else in its place. Stop viewing them as fame farm dungeons, they are avalonian dungeons.
      It is the last phase of the Albion PvE, they should be the best in fame and it is already confirmed that they will be the best in PvE loot.
      So if they are the best loot and fame what do you suppose will happen to other PVE content in the game? It dies. We don't even need to question the fame if we already get the best loot, that's a perfectly reasonable trade off and we also get a fame boost from them for a week to go fame farm regular dungeons and get the best fame possible. So you already have what you want, you just don't get handed it for free.

An example of pve content dying is how solo dungeons killed the low tier static dungeons. People used to gather around them and form parties, now you're lucky to find people there at all.
      Join our guild https://discord.gg/pejawjG
    • TheKlux wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

TheKlux wrote:

So if they are the best loot and fame what do you suppose will happen to other PVE content in the game? It dies. We don't even need to question the fame if we already get the best loot, that's a perfectly reasonable trade off and we also get a fame boost from them for a week to go fame farm regular dungeons and get the best fame possible. So you already have what you want, you just don't get handed it for free.
      An example of pve content dying is how solo dungeons killed the low tier static dungeons. People used to gather around them and form parties, now you're lucky to find people there at all.
      Its 20 men content bud, your arguments are always wandering? :S
    • OriginalGangster wrote:

20 men content?!?! Surely that's 20 less solo dungeon players!!! It will kill solo content... Haha

But on a serious note it would be good to have the fame be more rewarding. Since the introduction of random dungeons fame gain has increased. However we lost static dungeon farming in the process. Fame farm parties got smaller and more elitist. What was once a large inclusive social activity lost a little bit of its joy.
      I'm all in favour in having larger scale content to do with the guild/friends.
      Besides, if the fame gain is increased it's not like that will kill other smaller scale content. Not many are able to form such large parties at a moment's notice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gimbo ().

• OriginalGangster wrote:

TheKlux wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

TheKlux wrote:

So if they are the best loot and fame what do you suppose will happen to other PVE content in the game? It dies. We don't even need to question the fame if we already get the best loot, that's a perfectly reasonable trade off and we also get a fame boost from them for a week to go fame farm regular dungeons and get the best fame possible. So you already have what you want, you just don't get handed it for free.An example of pve content dying is how solo dungeons killed the low tier static dungeons. People used to gather around them and form parties, now you're lucky to find people there at all.

Gimbo wrote:

OriginalGangster wrote:

20men content?!?! Surely that's 20 less solo dungeon players!!! It will kill solo content... Haha
      The concept alone is dangerous, the specifics don't even matter. There's examples in Albion Online already and dozens of other games. If the devs keep adding a new "best" way to do anything then the older stuff dies out and you end up with lots of dead content and ultimately that can kill a game. Why is it not good enough that these dungeons give ok fame but the best loot? then they give you a fame bonus so you can get the best fame/hr in the game.

They're already the best, you just need to work a little harder to unlock your reward. Snowflakes who need hand holding gonna snowflake and beg for mommy's hand i guess.
    • As it currently stands there are not effective fame farms for large parties. T7 group dungeons are smooth with an efficient 3-4 man party and T8 can be done with 5 no problem.

Why to to the effort of gathering a party of near 20 if you get better fame/rewards in a small group doing T7/8 dungeons. Even when you get dived you get better rewards as there are less players to split the loot with...
    • Gimbo wrote:

As it currently stands there are not effective fame farms for large parties. T7 group dungeons are smooth with an efficient 3-4 man party and T8 can be done with 5 no problem.

Why to to the effort of gathering a party of near 20 if you get better fame/rewards in a small group doing T7/8 dungeons. Even when you get dived you get better rewards as there are less players to split the loot with...
      Well that's a fine point you know and can stand on it's own without attacking the elite dungeons.

These elite dungeons have been confirmed already as having the best loot in the game and even unique loot. That alone should be worth less fame because you're being paid to get less fame. Kinda like how lower tier dungeons are better fame/hr but much worse profit/hr at certain sweetspots.

Bigger group dungeons should definitely be a thing and i support that idea, i'm just really against giving big groups everything all in 1 place. Why should a group of 20 get the best fame/hr and the best profit/hr from the same dungeon? That's some insane inflation.

Maybe a second elite dungeon that offers better fame with worse or 'normal' loot. I dn't know, you're right that we need more big group content but really i don't think it's a good idea to just hand them everything conveniently.
    • Neef wrote:

Yeah i was watching a video of a group speed run with 20 people and they were only getting 1.8k per mob, Yes there may be more mobs but for the time it takes to kill the mobs 1.8k is super low I would atleast like to see 2k per mob and lets not forget the people doing the speed runs on test server are using 8.3 MP and shit so with normal gear this will be even harder and longer.
      with the fame bonus (from the shrines that these dungeons are supposed to reward with) - you should be hitting right around 2k fame/mob.

So then all good here? I think you forgot to account for the fame bonus these dungeons provide (via the shrines).
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Neef wrote:

Yeah i was watching a video of a group speed run with 20 people and they were only getting 1.8k per mob, Yes there may be more mobs but for the time it takes to kill the mobs 1.8k is super low I would atleast like to see 2k per mob and lets not forget the people doing the speed runs on test server are using 8.3 MP and shit so with normal gear this will be even harder and longer.
      with the fame bonus (from the shrines that these dungeons are supposed to reward with) - you should be hitting right around 2k fame/mob.
      So then all good here? I think you forgot to account for the fame bonus these dungeons provide (via the shrines).
      Yeah I did forget about the shrines but if the mobs did default at 2k with the shrine it would be worth it even more =P, Im still indifferent about the fame but with the shrines the 10% should be okay.